Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lionesses. 18:23 - Aug 1 with 15999 viewslifelong

Have roared into the last sixteen of the women’s World Cup.

The BBC are obviously delighted headlining the achievement on this evening’s news at 6.

More partying on the Wirral this evening I suspect.
The Lionesses. on 12:19 - Aug 19 with 1061 viewspencoedjack

The Lionesses. on 11:35 - Aug 19 by Gwyn737

We have a bunch of people on here who are so comfortable and proud of their welshness that they don’t need an imaginary enemy to elevate their self-esteem.

There. Fixed it for you.

Who bizarrely support a team who play in a league of a country they hate.
The Lionesses. on 12:53 - Aug 19 with 1029 viewsjack247

The Lionesses. on 09:58 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

No its not.

Players pick Wales cos they want to play for Wales.
Nobody knows if they would have got games for any other nation.

Do all the English players want to play for Brazil then ?
And would if they could ?

No - international football is not club football.

Btw - young Schmichael and Haarland do not want to play for England either.
You have been brainwashed by the BBC.

You’re a sensible poster apart from when nationality is involved.

Do you honestly think Hull born Dan James would play for us if he could have played for England?

Are there any dual qualified English/Brazilian players good enough to represent either team? If not it’s a stupid question.

There are plenty of dual qualified Welsh/English players. How many can you name good enough to get into either side who have chosen us over them?
The Lionesses. on 13:01 - Aug 19 with 1018 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 12:19 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

Who bizarrely support a team who play in a league of a country they hate.

I do not hate England at all.

I do not like very much the English fans who subject me to filthy ethnic slurs but accept this is a small minority. I do not like their hypocrisy though in going after Hungarian and Bulgarian fans that indulge in pseudo obscene slurs while turning a blind eye to domestic slurs of indigenous British communities. (The Welsh).

If the Pro English sub group agreed with me I would not argue but they support the pseudo obscene filth rather than condemn it which I find very strange.

I am ambivalent to the Lionesses. I have no reason to pick England or Spain as winners. Let the best team win. I have spent more time in Spain than England this year.

You are using football to promote an agenda armed with your flag, You want Welsh people's afar run by English people. I want Welsh people to run their own affairs in general while staying in the Union.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Lionesses. on 13:18 - Aug 19 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 13:01 - Aug 19 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not hate England at all.

I do not like very much the English fans who subject me to filthy ethnic slurs but accept this is a small minority. I do not like their hypocrisy though in going after Hungarian and Bulgarian fans that indulge in pseudo obscene slurs while turning a blind eye to domestic slurs of indigenous British communities. (The Welsh).

If the Pro English sub group agreed with me I would not argue but they support the pseudo obscene filth rather than condemn it which I find very strange.

I am ambivalent to the Lionesses. I have no reason to pick England or Spain as winners. Let the best team win. I have spent more time in Spain than England this year.

You are using football to promote an agenda armed with your flag, You want Welsh people's afar run by English people. I want Welsh people to run their own affairs in general while staying in the Union.

If you don’t then take a step back and look again.
The Thread was started for one reason and one alone .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Lionesses. on 13:51 - Aug 19 with 979 viewsGwyn737

The Lionesses. on 09:48 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Of course they do represent the organisation than banned womens football for 50 years.

Many countries banned women’s football. In Germany it was banned until 1970.

Still wrong but was a gender issue not one of nationality.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 14:04]
The Lionesses. on 14:00 - Aug 19 with 975 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Lionesses. on 09:46 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Do they support Cardiff and Swansea as well ?

May as well whilst you are at it.

I hope spain smash them to bits on Sunday.
I have lioness fatigue, It makes me laugh when they keep saying the first world cup final since 66.
What about steve coopers England team?
The english media are the reason I cant stand it.
I usually listen to talksport religiously but this week having the game womansplained to me daily is to much to handle...

look well done England but come on its not comparable to the mens game. We are told not to compare it and every opportunity they have been making us compare it.
Also No Welsh man should ever support the English team EVER!

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

The Lionesses. on 14:25 - Aug 19 with 954 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 14:00 - Aug 19 by RhonddaSwans

I hope spain smash them to bits on Sunday.
I have lioness fatigue, It makes me laugh when they keep saying the first world cup final since 66.
What about steve coopers England team?
The english media are the reason I cant stand it.
I usually listen to talksport religiously but this week having the game womansplained to me daily is to much to handle...

look well done England but come on its not comparable to the mens game. We are told not to compare it and every opportunity they have been making us compare it.
Also No Welsh man should ever support the English team EVER!

When you ve been married to an English woman for over 44 years,being puerile in hating English teams ain’t healthy ,especially when said woman Wales to win against other countries .
It also makes you look a x x xx t in front of your adult kids .

EventuLly,people grow up,at least most do.

You talk about the media ,pretty soon you will be inundated with Wales at the RWC and this doesn’t please those who don’t see rugby as Wales most pre eminent sport.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Lionesses. on 19:37 - Aug 19 with 911 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Lionesses. on 10:54 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Wrong again.

Owen was never qualified for Cymru.
Strangely he would be now under the full time education qualification.

You ride a very lofty horse, watch now that you don’t fall off …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

I will accept that advice from someone who is always falling off. Experience always helps.

Ah, hang on though, I don't ride a horse of any kind.

Now Michael Owen,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/owen-my-heart-always-belongs-24277
Login to get fewer ads

The Lionesses. on 21:44 - Aug 19 with 864 viewsDr_Winston

The Lionesses. on 12:53 - Aug 19 by jack247

Do you honestly think Hull born Dan James would play for us if he could have played for England?

Are there any dual qualified English/Brazilian players good enough to represent either team? If not it’s a stupid question.

There are plenty of dual qualified Welsh/English players. How many can you name good enough to get into either side who have chosen us over them?

You are quite correct.

I'd go even further and suggest that Cardiff born Ryan Giggs wouldn't have played for Wales if he could have played for England.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Lionesses. on 21:54 - Aug 19 with 864 viewsFireboy2

The Lionesses. on 21:44 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

You are quite correct.

I'd go even further and suggest that Cardiff born Ryan Giggs wouldn't have played for Wales if he could have played for England.

He probably would have done the missing games act even if was qualified to play for england.
The Lionesses. on 21:55 - Aug 19 with 860 viewsDr_Winston

The Lionesses. on 21:54 - Aug 19 by Fireboy2

He probably would have done the missing games act even if was qualified to play for england.

Nah.

He'd have been a regular for England. With Wales he could get away with not giving much of a shit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Lionesses. on 22:27 - Aug 19 with 828 viewsFireboy2

The Lionesses. on 21:55 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Nah.

He'd have been a regular for England. With Wales he could get away with not giving much of a shit.

I think Alex would have his way whichever country he played for.

And the way england selectors were like in the 90s giggs probably wouldn't have got many games anyway.
The Lionesses. on 22:35 - Aug 19 with 820 viewsDr_Winston

The Lionesses. on 22:27 - Aug 19 by Fireboy2

I think Alex would have his way whichever country he played for.

And the way england selectors were like in the 90s giggs probably wouldn't have got many games anyway.

Alex didn't stand in the way of Man Utd players and England, or indeed most other nations. Giggs would have come close to 100 caps for the Three Lions I am sure.

Can't argue much with your comments on England selections though. When Carlton Palmer has twice as many caps as Matt Le Tissier (as bonkers as he is now) then questions must be asked.

The Lionesses. on 22:36 - Aug 19 with 822 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 21:44 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

You are quite correct.

Ryan preferred Brazil cos thats his best chance of winning something.
Sadly not eligible for Brazil.

Never mentioned England to me.
You just made that up.

Beware of the Risen People

The Lionesses. on 22:38 - Aug 19 with 819 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 12:53 - Aug 19 by jack247

Dan committed to Wales at u17 level.

No interest from England.

You are just making stuff up.

Come on now Jack.

The Lionesses. on 22:40 - Aug 19 with 815 viewsDr_Winston

The Lionesses. on 22:36 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Ryan preferred Brazil cos thats his best chance of winning something.
Sadly not eligible for Brazil.

Never mentioned England to me.
You just made that up.

Let's be honest. He didn't really give a f*ck about Wales. He turned up for the bare minimum of games. It was either that or spend International weekends on his own at Old Trafford.

Giggs is a Manc in all but birth.

The Lionesses. on 22:51 - Aug 19 with 800 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 19:37 - Aug 19 by SullutaCreturned

I will accept that advice from someone who is always falling off. Experience always helps.

Ah, hang on though, I don't ride a horse of any kind.

Now Michael Owen,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/owen-my-heart-always-belongs-24277

"It was never going to be possible for me to go on and represent Wales at senior level because there's no trace of Welsh blood in me.

"I'm English, with Scottish ancestry on my dad's side. I always try to make that clear to people who may wonder whether I turned my back on Wales."

You posted the link, but did not read the detail. 🤣
In his own words he was never eligible for Cymru.

Michael is a Saes.

The Lionesses. on 22:54 - Aug 19 with 799 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 22:40 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Let's be honest. He didn't really give a f*ck about Wales. He turned up for the bare minimum of games. It was either that or spend International weekends on his own at Old Trafford.

Giggs is Welsh.

I don't like the bloke, but there you go.

The Lionesses. on 23:23 - Aug 19 with 791 viewsFireboy2

The Lionesses. on 22:35 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Alex didn't stand in the way of Man Utd players and England, or indeed most other nations. Giggs would have come close to 100 caps for the Three Lions I am sure.

Can't argue much with your comments on England selections though. When Carlton Palmer has twice as many caps as Matt Le Tissier (as bonkers as he is now) then questions must be asked.

Ferguson did stand in the way of giggs playing for wales and as I've said before he would have done it if giggs had played for england, ferguson was one minded and all he cared for was utd.
The Lionesses. on 23:28 - Aug 19 with 789 viewsFireboy2

The Lionesses. on 22:40 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Read what giggs said about people's thoughts about his eligibility for england.

He said that 'I was born in wales, to welsh parents and grandparents, I am a proud welshman, why do people think I could play for england'

Shame he didn't stick up for himself when it came to playing for wales, he probably would have had alot more caps and more importantly respect from wales fans, obviously until his brush with the law recently.
The Lionesses. on 23:34 - Aug 19 with 784 viewsDr_Winston

The Lionesses. on 23:28 - Aug 19 by Fireboy2

Read what giggs said about people's thoughts about his eligibility for england.

He said that 'I was born in wales, to welsh parents and grandparents, I am a proud welshman, why do people think I could play for england'

Shame he didn't stick up for himself when it came to playing for wales, he probably would have had alot more caps and more importantly respect from wales fans, obviously until his brush with the law recently.

Your last paragraph tells the tale.

Actions Vs Words. Giggs can make all the claims he likes. In reality his actions suggest that he wasn't all that interested in Wales as a footballing concept. If he'd wanted to play more often for Wales he would have done so, as many other players did.

The Lionesses. on 00:02 - Aug 20 with 777 viewsFireboy2

The Lionesses. on 23:34 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Your last paragraph tells the tale.

Actions Vs Words. Giggs can make all the claims he likes. In reality his actions suggest that he wasn't all that interested in Wales as a footballing concept. If he'd wanted to play more often for Wales he would have done so, as many other players did.

Imo I think giggs was initially very proud to play for his country, i think he was bullied by ferguson, who as well all know was a full on bloke, ferguson 'persuaded' giggs into not playing as much as he should have.

Ferguson knew giggs from a young age and giggs looked upto him as a father figure after his mother and father split so you can see why giggs didn't put up a fight when ferguson didn't want him to play in certain games, utd was far more important in his eyes.

Bale had the balls to tell real madrid where to go no matter who was the manager but in giggs defence his situation was totally different to bales.
The Lionesses. on 05:57 - Aug 20 with 753 viewsjack247

The Lionesses. on 22:38 - Aug 19 by Kilkennyjack

Dan committed to Wales at u17 level.

No interest from England.

You are just making stuff up.

Come on now Jack.

As did Declan Rice and Jack Grealish with the ROI.

I’m a proud Welshman who wants England to lose every time too, I just don’t let that sway reality.
The Lionesses. on 11:32 - Aug 20 with 661 viewsGwyn737

Great finish, that. 👏
The Lionesses. on 11:34 - Aug 20 with 658 viewsraynor94

Fair play great goal from Spain, poor play from Bronze

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024