Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious Question 08:15 - Mar 12 with 1529 viewsowainglyndwr

If we limp over the line and there are funds available, should RM be given the chance to build his own team or would you want him out ?

Maybe even the owners to sell up ?

My observation of the first half yesterday was the players wanted to play for RM , the problem is some are not good enough
Serious Question on 08:16 - Mar 12 with 1514 viewsangryjack

No chance get rid the oscar nominated orange today

This post has been edited by an administrator
Serious Question on 08:33 - Mar 12 with 1491 viewspencoedjack

I cannot believe

Anyone would want Martin as manager

Any owner would give him money

I really wish he would bugger off & run his vegan restaurant
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 9:50]
Serious Question on 08:36 - Mar 12 with 1487 viewsWhiterockin

Out, he has had long enough time and wasted to much money.
Serious Question on 09:37 - Mar 12 with 1406 viewsjohnlangy

Out.
Serious Question on 09:37 - Mar 12 with 1406 viewsraynor94

Serious Question on 08:33 - Mar 12 by pencoedjack

I cannot believe

Anyone would want Martin as manager

Any owner would give him money

I really wish he would bugger off & run his vegan restaurant
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 9:50]

Exactly, this is like death by a thousand cuts

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Serious Question on 09:39 - Mar 12 with 1395 viewsTreforys_Jack

As all of the above.

Does anyone still have faith in him? Anyone at all
Serious Question on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 1323 viewsswan65split

Out, weve had 18 months of we have to learn.

in 18 months I had a new born child from unable to feed himself and move around to be able to feed itself, walk and scream at me at me, the only thing I had to do was deal with its s££t and pRss. just what we are doing with after games talk.

Serious Question on 11:42 - Mar 12 with 1294 viewscadleigh

I am concerned that:
- the owners won’t want to pay compensation to get rid of him
- Winter will continue insisting that the Emperor’s clothes are wonderful because Martin was his choice
- the media are spineless, ranging from complicit in not calling him out to actively reinforcing him, in order presumably to retain access rights
- there are enough supporters who think possession for its own sake is ‘the Swansea Way’ and will forgive him if he strings a couple of wins together against teams that are on the beach
- there is a small hard core of supporters who hated Cooper so badly, or staked so much of their reputation on Martin being ‘the real deal’ before a ball was kicked (sometimes both), that they continue making excuses for him and will seize on any sign of an improvement to justify giving him another season. They create noise out of all proportion to their numbers.

He should have been long gone by now. All of the above make me think there is a serious risk he could still be here at the start of next season.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Login to get fewer ads

Serious Question on 11:44 - Mar 12 with 1292 viewsBryanSwan

Serious Question on 11:42 - Mar 12 by cadleigh

I am concerned that:
- Winter will continue insisting that the Emperor’s clothes are wonderful because Martin was his choice
- the media are spineless, ranging from complicit in not calling him out to actively reinforcing him, in order presumably to retain access rights
- there are enough supporters who think possession for its own sake is ‘the Swansea Way’ and will forgive him if he strings a couple of wins together against teams that are on the beach
- there is a small hard core of supporters who hated Cooper so badly, or staked so much of their reputation on Martin being ‘the real deal’ before a ball was kicked (sometimes both), that they continue making excuses for him and will seize on any sign of an improvement to justify giving him another season. They create noise out of all proportion to their numbers.

He should have been long gone by now. All of the above make me think there is a serious risk he could still be here at the start of next season.

Christ no, Martin doesn't deserve any more time. He has had the benefit of the doub for 18 months and we are on one of the worst runs i can remember.
Does he need another window, I can't believe anyone would suggest it.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Serious Question on 12:00 - Mar 12 with 1275 viewsunion_jack

Serious Question on 11:44 - Mar 12 by BryanSwan

Christ no, Martin doesn't deserve any more time. He has had the benefit of the doub for 18 months and we are on one of the worst runs i can remember.
Does he need another window, I can't believe anyone would suggest it.

Nor me. He should’ve gone weeks ago.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Serious Question on 12:13 - Mar 12 with 1265 viewsmagicdaps10

The owners won't do anything unless we are starring relegation in the eye.

They won't want to pay him off, they will see how the season starts.......ultimately trying to annoy Martin once the season finishes and through the summer if he doesn't resign.

The writing is already in the wall for next season unless we have a massive dose of luck.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Serious Question on 12:20 - Mar 12 with 1256 viewscontroversial_jack

He should have gone at the end of last season
Serious Question on 12:25 - Mar 12 with 1251 viewsgrabsplatter

Serious Question on 11:42 - Mar 12 by cadleigh

I am concerned that:

He should have gone last year.
The vast majority of our fans want him gone, nobody I speak to in work has any faith in him, none of the season ticket holders around me have any faith in him & very few on here (or Planet Swans for that matter) have. No idea about tw@tter.
The owners don't appear to feel the same way for some strange reason. If you believe them that there were funds available in January then they need to use that money to get rid of Russ & appoint a new manager.
Serious Question on 12:27 - Mar 12 with 1247 viewsDr_Winston

We have seen on numerous occasions that when Russy is unable to do things the way he wants to do them and is forced to ditch certain aspects of his plan, performances almost inevitably improve. This clearly, plainly, obviously suggests that the players are not the problem.

Whilst it is true that we could do with a few additions in certain areas, particularly someone with genuine pace, it is almost impossible to avoid the conclusion that a manager more pragmatic and less wedded to a fanatical view of how he wants to play the game could be doing a hell of a lot better than three wins in how many now? 23 games? 24? He needs to be gone. At the first possible opportunity.

Whilst I don't have as many issues with ownership as others do, the lack of action about such a serious problem, one that is undoubtedly driving down season ticket sales at this point just isn't good enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Serious Question on 13:21 - Mar 12 with 1202 viewsRichardO

Serious Question on 12:27 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

We have seen on numerous occasions that when Russy is unable to do things the way he wants to do them and is forced to ditch certain aspects of his plan, performances almost inevitably improve. This clearly, plainly, obviously suggests that the players are not the problem.

Whilst it is true that we could do with a few additions in certain areas, particularly someone with genuine pace, it is almost impossible to avoid the conclusion that a manager more pragmatic and less wedded to a fanatical view of how he wants to play the game could be doing a hell of a lot better than three wins in how many now? 23 games? 24? He needs to be gone. At the first possible opportunity.

Whilst I don't have as many issues with ownership as others do, the lack of action about such a serious problem, one that is undoubtedly driving down season ticket sales at this point just isn't good enough.

The results that were going our way was because we had pace in the team while he was reluctant to use them from the start he was forced to.
Serious Question on 13:40 - Mar 12 with 1167 viewsSullutaCreturned

Martin shouldn't still be here now.

We needed to get rid weeks back. We would be better off with a caretaker manager, even KOL, until we ould find a replacement. In the meantime we could start rebuilding the players confidence, play a sort of football that is different to the nonsense Martin forces on us. We may even have picked up some decent results.

The players want to play. Russell Martin is apparently a very nice bloke, all well and good but I've known lots of nice blokes who were rubbish managers.
Serious Question on 14:18 - Mar 12 with 1137 viewsJack_Kass

Is this a challenge as to how many ways I can say no?

F**k no

Hell no

Jesus Christ no..

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Serious Question on 14:33 - Mar 12 with 1114 viewsBadlands

NO.
Should have already gone.
He is incapable of achieving what he wants.
I would see every penny spent bringing in his players and a penny thrown away.
We are currently 2 point fewer than would have kept us up in the last 10 seasons.
But 12 points off the record high (54).
If we get 6 points with games to spare I'd bring in a new manager before the end of the season.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 14:42]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Serious Question on 14:53 - Mar 12 with 1091 viewsswan65split

Serious Question on 12:25 - Mar 12 by grabsplatter

He should have gone last year.
The vast majority of our fans want him gone, nobody I speak to in work has any faith in him, none of the season ticket holders around me have any faith in him & very few on here (or Planet Swans for that matter) have. No idea about tw@tter.
The owners don't appear to feel the same way for some strange reason. If you believe them that there were funds available in January then they need to use that money to get rid of Russ & appoint a new manager.

Your right jn what your saying in your post, there's a lot I know who had no faith in him, but TBF we played some decent football at times, but they were far and far between, the logic was to give him time, but for me it was Bristol Cty away in the cup, not sure what it was but I had decided then, and its been a case of weve got worse since, whatever has happened , we are now in limbo, from owners, manager and team, its not looking good.

Yanks supposed to be brilliant at business and being successful, looks like we got the deliverance bit not delivered .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024