Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? 23:52 - Feb 9 with 6559 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 12:02]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 08:42 - Feb 11 with 912 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 21:29 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

No issues with appointing him, seemed a good choice, I think most agreed.

I would have replaced him by now but I can also commend them giving him time.

Every club wants better players, doesn’t mean they should continuously be providing better players. I’ve said it a million times, but they have brought in 22 players in 18 months and spent more than anyone in our football league history over that time.

I have no particular gripe about this January, always nice to have new players but the ones sourced looked poor and I don’t think it would have made a blind bit of difference considering what we have seen for the last 18 months.

Two areas I can lay some blame at the owners and that is January under Cooper when we needed a striker when pushing high up in the league and appointing Bradley. But two issues over a span of 6 years is pretty good going.

My list would be far longer with the last owners, and they presided over our most successful era.

In short, the complaints this week have been a wild overreaction, and probably some form of release after the pretence of the last 18 months that the performance has been good.

It was the first time a lot of people could break cover from their trenches and vent.

As usual the poll reveals the common sense opinion as opposed to the reactionary one.

"I would have replaced him by now but I can also commend them giving him time."

On what grounds would you commend them ?
You clearly believe he has failed ( your opinion, which is fine ) so logic follows you would want him replaced ( which you stated you would have, which again is your opinion, which is fine).
So surely logic follows that if you want him replaced, you would condemn the owners for not doing so ?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:10 - Feb 11 with 843 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 08:42 - Feb 11 by STID2017

"I would have replaced him by now but I can also commend them giving him time."

On what grounds would you commend them ?
You clearly believe he has failed ( your opinion, which is fine ) so logic follows you would want him replaced ( which you stated you would have, which again is your opinion, which is fine).
So surely logic follows that if you want him replaced, you would condemn the owners for not doing so ?

He hasn’t failed, but he’s failing.

Massive difference. When to pull the plug is a matter of opinion.

Logic.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:16 - Feb 11 with 829 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:10 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

He hasn’t failed, but he’s failing.

Massive difference. When to pull the plug is a matter of opinion.

Logic.

Oh come on, you have been saying for over a year thathe's getting it wrong and you yorself would get rid and yet the owners aren't wrong for keeping him?

That's called having your cake and eating it.

How many times have you ripped into him, how many times have you slated the selections and tactics, the abysmally slow play and suicidal passing in out own half but now you're saying he hasn't failed but he is failing.

If I remember correctly you slated other posters for moving the goal posts about when we could judge him, it went from 10 games to Christmas to the next transfer window and you criticised several posters for moving thise goal posts and said we should already be judging him. Yet now, 18 months in he's failing but hasn't failed and the owners aren' t in the wrong for keeping him.

That's not logical. You have hudged him many times and the rsult has not been ggod for Martin.

Tell us then, when does failing become failed? Is it ten more games, is it the next window or do we just hve to wait and see? Surely it can't be wait and see because waiting to see if there was any improveent was wrong in your eyes. Again, f I remember correctly you said not having a pre season or the window to bring players in he wanted wasn't an excuse, plenty of managers have made an instant impact.

I'll save you the bother of answering, I won't get caught in your quicksand. It's enough to say that 18 months of failing is failure, there hasn't been the improvement, there has been no great upturn just a few false dawns. We needed to sign 3 or 4 players that last window but the owners have decided against backing the manager for whatever reason. Either they think he has failed and they are seeing the season out before replacing him OR maybe they have failed and as a result the club is now in a downward spiral as they cut costs.

They've both failed, end of story.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:47 - Feb 11 with 811 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:16 - Feb 11 by SullutaCreturned

Oh come on, you have been saying for over a year thathe's getting it wrong and you yorself would get rid and yet the owners aren't wrong for keeping him?

That's called having your cake and eating it.

How many times have you ripped into him, how many times have you slated the selections and tactics, the abysmally slow play and suicidal passing in out own half but now you're saying he hasn't failed but he is failing.

If I remember correctly you slated other posters for moving the goal posts about when we could judge him, it went from 10 games to Christmas to the next transfer window and you criticised several posters for moving thise goal posts and said we should already be judging him. Yet now, 18 months in he's failing but hasn't failed and the owners aren' t in the wrong for keeping him.

That's not logical. You have hudged him many times and the rsult has not been ggod for Martin.

Tell us then, when does failing become failed? Is it ten more games, is it the next window or do we just hve to wait and see? Surely it can't be wait and see because waiting to see if there was any improveent was wrong in your eyes. Again, f I remember correctly you said not having a pre season or the window to bring players in he wanted wasn't an excuse, plenty of managers have made an instant impact.

I'll save you the bother of answering, I won't get caught in your quicksand. It's enough to say that 18 months of failing is failure, there hasn't been the improvement, there has been no great upturn just a few false dawns. We needed to sign 3 or 4 players that last window but the owners have decided against backing the manager for whatever reason. Either they think he has failed and they are seeing the season out before replacing him OR maybe they have failed and as a result the club is now in a downward spiral as they cut costs.

They've both failed, end of story.

He is getting it wrong, clearly.

But I’m not advocating for his immediate sacking, it’s got to suit us. End of season I would say.

Slating his tactics doesn’t mean the owners aren’t to be commended for trying to give him as much time as possible, he is their man and they are clearly giving him the backing to get the job done.

End of last season I would have sacked him, but they have far more faith in him than I do.

I have also slated Fisher, but I don’t think he should be immediately released. If someone bid for him (or Russ) then snatch their hands off. But like I don’t slate the owners for not releasing Fisher, it’s hard to slate them for not sacking Russell, especially when we don’t know the financial consequences of that.

As for when he will have failed, when he leaves and he hasn’t been a success. But we can judge his progress and to me it’s failing, not failed.

If he wins the next 15 in a row and we get into the play offs, he won’t have failed will he… unlikely of course.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 13:53]

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 16:51 - Feb 11 with 779 viewscockneyswan

Ultimately demise of our club must be down to the owners, they appointed Martin a cheap option due to his inexperience a and lack of success. And then their reluctance to invest in the playing squad.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 16:54 - Feb 11 with 764 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 16:51 - Feb 11 by cockneyswan

Ultimately demise of our club must be down to the owners, they appointed Martin a cheap option due to his inexperience a and lack of success. And then their reluctance to invest in the playing squad.

They have invested more than any other owners we have had.

No issue with the appointment, was more expensive than Potter, Martinez and Rodgers I’d imagine.

The owners don’t set the side out like this. We came 6th and 4th before Russell came in, the issue is obvious.

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 17:48 - Feb 11 with 728 viewsonehunglow

If he was cheap to hire he should be cheap to sack surely

He is costing us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 17:54 - Feb 11 with 736 viewsDr_Winston

One iota of thought beforehand would surely have prevented that "cheap option" comment.

If they wanted a cheap option there were plenty of other managers out there not under contract to other clubs. By choosing to pay compensation for Martin the club obviously went for one of the more expensive options that they had.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:54]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:14 - Feb 11 with 724 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 16:54 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

No issue with the appointment, was more expensive than Potter, Martinez and Rodgers I’d imagine.

The owners don’t set the side out like this. We came 6th and 4th before Russell came in, the issue is obvious.

They have invested more but then obviously they have spent badly.

Again, they appointed Martin but now refuse to back him further but won't sack him. That puts their investment at great risk. Either back him or sack him but doing nothing is harming the club, foolish by any standard surely?

If the issue is so obvious and the owners do nothing that makes them just as culpable. The owners don't set the side out but they have control over who does, it's not even an argument, it's s stone cold fact.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:29 - Feb 11 with 716 viewsTreforys_Jack

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:14 - Feb 11 by SullutaCreturned

Again, they appointed Martin but now refuse to back him further but won't sack him. That puts their investment at great risk. Either back him or sack him but doing nothing is harming the club, foolish by any standard surely?

If the issue is so obvious and the owners do nothing that makes them just as culpable. The owners don't set the side out but they have control over who does, it's not even an argument, it's s stone cold fact.

They probably can't afford to get rid, so written the season off, no point signing new players that RM wants, as he'll be gone in a few mths. Please someone confirm his contract is up at the end of the season.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:33 - Feb 11 with 716 viewsSTID2017

Excellent post and to the point.
Nothing I can argue with there

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:38 - Feb 11 with 712 viewsDr_Winston

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:29 - Feb 11 by Treforys_Jack

They probably can't afford to get rid, so written the season off, no point signing new players that RM wants, as he'll be gone in a few mths. Please someone confirm his contract is up at the end of the season.

He's got another year left, but there could be clauses.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:09 - Feb 11 with 693 viewscockneyswan

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 17:54 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

One iota of thought beforehand would surely have prevented that "cheap option" comment.

If they wanted a cheap option there were plenty of other managers out there not under contract to other clubs. By choosing to pay compensation for Martin the club obviously went for one of the more expensive options that they had.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:54]

On what grounds would Martin command big wages, first appointment (MK dons) !league one bottom half finish?
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:16 - Feb 11 with 684 viewsTreforys_Jack

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:38 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

Of ffs.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:17 - Feb 11 with 682 viewsDr_Winston

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:09 - Feb 11 by cockneyswan

On what grounds would Martin command big wages, first appointment (MK dons) !league one bottom half finish?

We had to pay compensation for Martin. Other managers were free. Ergo Martin was not the cheap option by any definition of the word.

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:36 - Feb 11 with 672 viewscockett_jack

The club was destined for mediocrity ever since Huw Jenkins started the fire sale to make the accounts look better for a bad takeover. Keep blaming the managers if it makes one feel better though…
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:48 - Feb 11 with 661 viewsBillyChong

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 16:54 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure if they can be given much credit for the “invested more than any other owners” point. It’s more a question of are they backing the club enough given our stage in the clubs recent history. CLN’s and the rest of it aren’t really benefitting the quality of the squad. Signing the likes of Rory Fallon and Amankwaah in the mid-2000’s were bigger investments on the playing squad than the current owners are up to when considering the position of the club then vs now.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:51 - Feb 11 with 650 viewsonehunglow

The owners are not choosing the way we play

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 20:31 - Feb 11 with 650 viewsBoundy

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:38 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

One would hope there is , for our and his sake

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 20:38 - Feb 11 with 647 viewsdantheswansman

How can you glory hunting clowns blame Martin? its the useless owners who have done precisely nothing since they took over that are to blame, i despair at the state of this club but for all those who cannot wipe the shite from their eyes i am glad, you are absolute clowns! absolute idiots, blaming Martin over the owners is the replies i expect from retards, congrats
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 20:42 - Feb 11 with 642 viewsDr_Winston

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 20:46 - Feb 11 with 637 viewsbuilthjack

18 months left on their contacts, him and his staff. Until August 2024.
It would cost a fair bit to get rid, I would guess at at least 15k a week for all of them.
Well over a million. It’s a guess mind you.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 20:54 - Feb 11 with 619 viewsmax936

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 20:38 - Feb 11 by dantheswansman

How can you glory hunting clowns blame Martin? its the useless owners who have done precisely nothing since they took over that are to blame, i despair at the state of this club but for all those who cannot wipe the shite from their eyes i am glad, you are absolute clowns! absolute idiots, blaming Martin over the owners is the replies i expect from retards, congrats

I'm disappointed Wales and Swans lost as well and I've supped a few, but lets be realistic at least mun.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 21:57 - Feb 11 with 599 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:29 - Feb 11 by Treforys_Jack

Well if his contract is up in May they should be able to afford that? Assuming we are actually not stony broke and that's why we didn't bring any first team players in?

My son desperately wants to renew our seasons even though he also complains about the manager. He'll be disappointed, I'm keeping the money and putting it towards a holiday in Italy in the summer!
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:04 - Feb 11 with 591 viewsDr_Parnassus

That’s so lazy.

You know how a football club works. They don’t go buying players on their own hunches. Very dishonest to suggest if.

A recruitment team combined with a management team sources players and then asks the owners for backing to get them.

Do we want our owners to back our managers or not?

At the moment they are being slated for not doing so. When you point out they have, they are slated for that too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024