Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WOL reporting on trouble down east 13:15 - Mar 1 with 7685 viewsVincent_Vega

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-citys-immedia

Who writes that p1sh

'making a genuine push for the Premier League and staying there' so third times the charm eh?

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 19:09 - Mar 4 with 1850 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff announced a loss of £15 million for year ending May 2021. Debt increased to £105 million . Surprisingly they showed assets of £75 million on thier balance sheet.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 19:45 - Mar 4 with 1797 viewsWhiterockin

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 09:48 - Mar 4 by Catullus

I've just read this,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-debt-ris

It makes really bad reading for a Cardiff fan, it must do surely? Tan putting in around 3 million per month, then they say they lost 11.2 million last year?

The loan from the company that Dalman is involved with, they have a 9% interest rate! Looks to me like Dalman is ripping them off. They could get a lower rate at many other places, couldn't they? Unless their credit rating is absolutely shocking.

Over 109 million in debt, court cases coming that could cost them over 30 million and no great assets to sell, apart from some promising youngsters.

I do wonder where they stand with FFP too. According to the EFL’s profit and sustainability rules, a club can be charged if a loss of £39m or over is recorded over a three-year period.

If Tan is putting in £3M a month how are they meeting the fair play rules?
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 20:50 - Mar 4 with 1776 viewsbennytheblue

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 19:45 - Mar 4 by Whiterockin

If Tan is putting in £3M a month how are they meeting the fair play rules?

Quite simply, he’s not. Tan plans to convert 40 of the 60 he owes himself into more equity I hear.
The loan to the car salesman at 9% is the disturbing one, he brings nothing to the table at all, useless CEO that has costs Tan millions but there we go. He’s got it to spunk I guess.
Our wage bill has been halved since the last accounts also and a few big earners are out on contract this summer like pack and bacuna….
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 22:20 - Mar 4 with 1735 viewsGixerJack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 21:31 - Mar 1 by 73__73

Fcuk um. Hope they go out of business

Nah, league of Wales far funnier
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 22:39 - Mar 4 with 1719 viewsDewi1jack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 09:40 - Mar 4 by Boundy

They could always sell the concourse , shirley that's got to worth millions .

Build the stadium up another level so they'd have another one to sell?
2 layers and they could pay off the debt

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 08:41 - Mar 5 with 1628 viewsBrynmill_Jack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 20:50 - Mar 4 by bennytheblue

Quite simply, he’s not. Tan plans to convert 40 of the 60 he owes himself into more equity I hear.
The loan to the car salesman at 9% is the disturbing one, he brings nothing to the table at all, useless CEO that has costs Tan millions but there we go. He’s got it to spunk I guess.
Our wage bill has been halved since the last accounts also and a few big earners are out on contract this summer like pack and bacuna….

Your wages are almost double ours . Someone put up the table of championship wages per club and I have to say I was quite surprised by that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 12:09 - Mar 5 with 1560 viewsCatullus

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 19:09 - Mar 4 by felixstowe_jack

Cardiff announced a loss of £15 million for year ending May 2021. Debt increased to £105 million . Surprisingly they showed assets of £75 million on thier balance sheet.

What were those assets? Having seen what Kieffer Moore was sold for, I doubt those assets are valued at that now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 13:29 - Mar 5 with 1522 viewsunion_jack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 12:09 - Mar 5 by Catullus

What were those assets? Having seen what Kieffer Moore was sold for, I doubt those assets are valued at that now.

Am I right in saying that player values are not listed as assets on a balance sheet?? Sure I heard that somewhere once.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 14:24 - Mar 5 with 1496 viewsjasper_T

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 13:29 - Mar 5 by union_jack

Am I right in saying that player values are not listed as assets on a balance sheet?? Sure I heard that somewhere once.

The value of players is included, as that's where amortisation comes into effect. A player bought for £4m on a 4 year deal is an asset that depreciates in value by £1m a year. Speculative player values (what you think they're worth) don't come into it though. The asset value is just the cost of signing the player and/or value of their contract.
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 16:07 - Mar 5 with 1474 viewsunion_jack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 14:24 - Mar 5 by jasper_T

The value of players is included, as that's where amortisation comes into effect. A player bought for £4m on a 4 year deal is an asset that depreciates in value by £1m a year. Speculative player values (what you think they're worth) don't come into it though. The asset value is just the cost of signing the player and/or value of their contract.

Yes, remember now. I think that Giggs was never on the Man Utd balance sheet because he was never bought. Something like that anyway.

Thanks for clarifying.

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 17:32 - Mar 5 with 1433 viewsbennytheblue

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 08:41 - Mar 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Your wages are almost double ours . Someone put up the table of championship wages per club and I have to say I was quite surprised by that.

It’s out of date….last years wages that is….a few of them who signed PL deals like smithies, pack, bacuna, vaulks are all up this summer too…Morison aswell. A lot of our kids coming through like colwill, Isaac Davies, Bagan, Mcguinness and king are all on peanuts too….I’d imagine our wages will be similar to yours next season
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 17:42]
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 09:54 - Mar 6 with 1327 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wonder if tye Cardiff fans enjoyed the tiny concourse at QPR yesterday.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 14:22 - Mar 6 with 1269 viewsJJJack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 17:32 - Mar 5 by bennytheblue

It’s out of date….last years wages that is….a few of them who signed PL deals like smithies, pack, bacuna, vaulks are all up this summer too…Morison aswell. A lot of our kids coming through like colwill, Isaac Davies, Bagan, Mcguinness and king are all on peanuts too….I’d imagine our wages will be similar to yours next season
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 17:42]

Some of your youngsters, if they continue to develop will earn you a few quid. Colwill is excellent; the FB seems decent; Harris etc. But one of them needs to develop into a £10-20m player quickly and that's very rare of couyrse
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 15:08 - Mar 6 with 1225 viewspencoedjack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 14:22 - Mar 6 by JJJack

Some of your youngsters, if they continue to develop will earn you a few quid. Colwill is excellent; the FB seems decent; Harris etc. But one of them needs to develop into a £10-20m player quickly and that's very rare of couyrse

Who was the last player they sold for decent money?
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 15:09 - Mar 6 with 1215 viewsunion_jack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 14:22 - Mar 6 by JJJack

Are Colwill and Harries from Swans supporting families?

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 15:41 - Mar 6 with 1179 viewsmagicdaps10

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 15:09 - Mar 6 by union_jack

In regards to Colwill, he supported and believe still does the Swans, his father Richard is a rugby guy with no football interest.

Not so sure on Harris but its been mentioned on here that he supported Swansea.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 16:44 - Mar 6 with 1138 viewsbennytheblue

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 15:09 - Mar 6 by union_jack

There’s pictures circulating today of colwill and Davies I think supporting us at Wembley when they were kids…ones from Neath isn’t he, bluebird territory anyway…..must feel good to score after growing up as a fan hey.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 16:45]
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 17:02 - Mar 6 with 1118 viewsunion_jack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 16:44 - Mar 6 by bennytheblue

There’s pictures circulating today of colwill and Davies I think supporting us at Wembley when they were kids…ones from Neath isn’t he, bluebird territory anyway…..must feel good to score after growing up as a fan hey.

Free tickets as they were in the academy. Good day out for them whichever Wembley appearance it was😂
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 17:38]

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 18:47 - Mar 6 with 1044 viewsjasper_T

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 16:44 - Mar 6 by bennytheblue

The Colwill boys are from Neath, yeah. Rubin was training on his own in a local park not so long ago, when Cardiff were holding back his pro contract. Not a football family but been at your academy since very young (Joel was at least u8s afaik).

A few from those age groups came over to ours later, either because they were fans or... well I'm sure we've all heard the rumours of what the Cardiff academy culture was like.
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 19:26 - Mar 6 with 1018 viewsbennytheblue

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 18:47 - Mar 6 by jasper_T

The Colwill boys are from Neath, yeah. Rubin was training on his own in a local park not so long ago, when Cardiff were holding back his pro contract. Not a football family but been at your academy since very young (Joel was at least u8s afaik).

A few from those age groups came over to ours later, either because they were fans or... well I'm sure we've all heard the rumours of what the Cardiff academy culture was like.

Looks like it’s doing pretty well from what I can see, plenty more coming through in younger groups aswell so I hear….nothing like seeing fans become players
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 19:27 - Mar 6 with 1016 viewsbennytheblue

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 17:02 - Mar 6 by union_jack

Free tickets as they were in the academy. Good day out for them whichever Wembley appearance it was😂
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 17:38]

There was only 1 out of five that was a nice ride home
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 20:43 - Mar 6 with 975 viewsjasper_T

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 19:26 - Mar 6 by bennytheblue

Looks like it’s doing pretty well from what I can see, plenty more coming through in younger groups aswell so I hear….nothing like seeing fans become players

When opportunities are given to academy players some will make the step up. We haven't been giving our own chances, unfortunately. No great difference between Dan Williams and Sam Bowen at international level over the years, and yet one's been getting Championship minutes here and there, and the other's out in Ireland playing in sand pits.
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 21:23 - Mar 6 with 950 viewsbennytheblue

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 20:43 - Mar 6 by jasper_T

When opportunities are given to academy players some will make the step up. We haven't been giving our own chances, unfortunately. No great difference between Dan Williams and Sam Bowen at international level over the years, and yet one's been getting Championship minutes here and there, and the other's out in Ireland playing in sand pits.

Who are your academy players anyway? Have you brought some through who have been at the club since they were kids? With all the money you did have and cat 1 status you must have some? Cabango came from Newport via us didn’t he? Ben Davies, Joe Allen in years gone by?
WOL reporting on trouble down east on 22:06 - Mar 6 with 921 viewsBrynmill_Jack

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 21:23 - Mar 6 by bennytheblue

Who are your academy players anyway? Have you brought some through who have been at the club since they were kids? With all the money you did have and cat 1 status you must have some? Cabango came from Newport via us didn’t he? Ben Davies, Joe Allen in years gone by?

So when is the Sala case on then Benny? Bet you can’t wait

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 00:05 - Mar 7 with 872 viewsCatullus

WOL reporting on trouble down east on 21:23 - Mar 6 by bennytheblue

We have a few who will hopefully make the grade this year, there's the 2 Coopers, Cullen (he's not good enough I don't think but we'll see and Cameron Congreve whom Russell Martin speaks very highly of.

I'm sure Jasper could name more. There's Rushesha maybe too.

The big difference between us right now is the debt level. Your debts and the court cases could be a real problem for you. If the league come after you for breaching FFP it could turn bad very quickly.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024