Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Naughton 19:46 - Oct 20 with 5904 viewsangryjack

Is a liability

This post has been edited by an administrator
Naughton on 18:36 - Oct 21 with 1470 viewsangryjack

Naughton on 09:36 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m sure AJ (could have been Controversial Jack) who slagged Piroe in the Southampton game. What insight. There’s quite a few people whose opinions are just cack on here. OHL, Andy Dole, Dr Pasthisbest, Nantymoel watcher for starters

Not me piroe been quality from day one in my eyes,but won't change mind on naughton,panicky under pressure ,he lost ball last night but when people say we won ball back yes we did but then he got caught wandering out position,maybe OK on ball when no one around but soon under pressure gives it awacheaply or hits anywhere.
Naughton on 19:00 - Oct 21 with 1442 viewsSirjohnalot

I’ve heard better chants in fairness
Naughton on 08:04 - Oct 22 with 1347 viewsdantheswansman

Rubbish, he’s Mr dependable, I know exactly why this post was done, and it was Paterson who was at fault playing a stupid back pass
But let’s blame Naughton for that hahaha, honestly I sometimes wonder what actual games people are watching, it cannot be the same ones as me
There is a reason Naughton almost always starts since coming to us, I guess every one of those managers is clueless and you with your infinite wisdom are right
A liability hahah good one that
Naughton on 08:32 - Oct 22 with 1332 viewsangryjack

Naughton on 08:04 - Oct 22 by dantheswansman

Rubbish, he’s Mr dependable, I know exactly why this post was done, and it was Paterson who was at fault playing a stupid back pass
But let’s blame Naughton for that hahaha, honestly I sometimes wonder what actual games people are watching, it cannot be the same ones as me
There is a reason Naughton almost always starts since coming to us, I guess every one of those managers is clueless and you with your infinite wisdom are right

Naughton after initially losing first phase ball,then afterwards won it back he drifted out position stepping forward instead of keeping shape leaving hole at back for them to cut us open watch highlights again he stepped out position even though Patterson give away ,like I said liability,also when under pressure always a mistake in him.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 8:33]
Naughton on 08:50 - Oct 22 with 1300 viewsAndyCole

Naughton on 09:59 - Oct 21 by onehunglow

Naughton is clearly adored for some reason.
A pityhy post pops up and the poor posters gets gangbanged as a result.

Cabango,a lad called a liability far more often and laughable as one who can play out-as posted yesterday on here- was the player charging through like a lion only to be hacked down twice before being sent to the floor. A lad played out of his best position by Russy but one with real guts.

It really is all about opinions,folks.

You're absolutely right, and Cabango was outstanding fair play. Has come on leaps and bounds all of a sudden.

Opinions, swing and go roundabout it seems.

The Grimes debate on the west brom thread currently says it all about opinions.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Naughton on 08:57 - Oct 22 with 1309 viewsnantywatcher

Naughton on 08:32 - Oct 22 by angryjack

Naughton after initially losing first phase ball,then afterwards won it back he drifted out position stepping forward instead of keeping shape leaving hole at back for them to cut us open watch highlights again he stepped out position even though Patterson give away ,like I said liability,also when under pressure always a mistake in him.

Of the millions of games played on this planet in the last hundred years there are no records of any player playing a whole game without making a mistake. It might happen one day in the far distant future.
Naughton on 09:21 - Oct 22 with 1298 viewsangryjack

Naughton on 08:57 - Oct 22 by nantywatcher

Of the millions of games played on this planet in the last hundred years there are no records of any player playing a whole game without making a mistake. It might happen one day in the far distant future.

Makes them a lot but some never highlighted as goals don't come from them,but mistakes there.
Naughton on 10:45 - Oct 22 with 1257 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 08:04 - Oct 22 by dantheswansman

Mr What?

If there is one player with a crucial mistake in our squad ,it is Naughton.

The love for him is now bizarre.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Naughton on 18:37 - Oct 22 with 1187 viewsdantheswansman

Naughton on 08:32 - Oct 22 by angryjack

He had a bad phase of play due to the idiotic pass he was supposed to receive, Naughton has been nothing but dependable for us, its not a fluke he almost always starts every single game, i think i will take the opinion of our managers over the likes of some armchair forum manager, that might be the best bet, no player is infallible particularly when the pass being sent their way is garbage, Naughton is certainly no liability
Naughton on 18:49 - Oct 22 with 1176 viewsangryjack

Naughton on 18:37 - Oct 22 by dantheswansman

He had a bad phase of play due to the idiotic pass he was supposed to receive, Naughton has been nothing but dependable for us, its not a fluke he almost always starts every single game, i think i will take the opinion of our managers over the likes of some armchair forum manager, that might be the best bet, no player is infallible particularly when the pass being sent their way is garbage, Naughton is certainly no liability

Dependable.. like diving in at forest and getting sent off on half way line couple seasons back on touchline .when no need schoolboy stuff..giving needless penalties away when diving into challenges last season..always stay on your feet and never dive in your taught from under 9s...dependable lol..
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 18:50]
Naughton on 18:56 - Oct 22 with 1157 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 18:49 - Oct 22 by angryjack

Dependable.. like diving in at forest and getting sent off on half way line couple seasons back on touchline .when no need schoolboy stuff..giving needless penalties away when diving into challenges last season..always stay on your feet and never dive in your taught from under 9s...dependable lol..

He is one that people see fit to defend at all costs because they don't like to be seen criticising any player no matter how bad.Nobody is ,no matter what they post,comfortable when he is one on one with an attacker especially one who has pace.People have short memories. Get Ben back to playing CH . Cant play ? Have a look at his run at goal which was only stopped by unchecked thuggery.

I can only think of Hourihane as one that was beyond any "support" at all ,as is proven by hi appalling attitude at other clubs. A stomach turning excuse for a professional

Naughton on 19:06 - Oct 22 with 1163 viewsOptimisticJack

Really impressed with Kyle Naughty this season.
Seems to be having a new lease of life under Russell Martin.
What is it with some of our fans? - critical it seems just for the sake of it.
This time last week a lot of us were apprehensive about the South Wales Derby. We subsequently went on and swept Cardiff out of the way with ease.
We then go on 3 days later to beat and out play high flying WBA.
Hopefully we can build on this success again tomorrow.
I'm really pleased and excited by our progress to date after an incredibly difficult start to the season.
Really enjoying watching the Swans again.

Optimisticjack

Naughton on 22:34 - Oct 22 with 1110 viewsTreforys_Jack

Naughton on 18:49 - Oct 22 by angryjack

Well there we are then, got sent off a couple of seasons ago, no wonder he's a liability. Jeez mun
Naughton on 07:45 - Oct 23 with 1046 viewsangryjack

Naughton on 22:34 - Oct 22 by Treforys_Jack

Well there we are then, got sent off a couple of seasons ago, no wonder he's a liability. Jeez mun

Just a couple examples why he's not mister dependable,......under pressure panicks his decision making is poor,constantly dives in to tackles 9 times out ten late giving needless free kicks or penalties,when should be standing and jockeying,never wins an header, like the spurs fans said b4 best bit of business Daniel levy has ever done was get 5 million for Kyle naughton
Naughton on 08:32 - Oct 23 with 1029 viewsAndyCole

Naughton on 07:45 - Oct 23 by angryjack

Just a couple examples why he's not mister dependable,......under pressure panicks his decision making is poor,constantly dives in to tackles 9 times out ten late giving needless free kicks or penalties,when should be standing and jockeying,never wins an header, like the spurs fans said b4 best bit of business Daniel levy has ever done was get 5 million for Kyle naughton

You make some good points AJ.

Yet if he is as bad as you point out, what's the manager's rationale for selecting him ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Naughton on 09:22 - Oct 23 with 1009 viewsangryjack

Naughton on 08:32 - Oct 23 by AndyCole

You make some good points AJ.

Yet if he is as bad as you point out, what's the manager's rationale for selecting him ?

At the moment the way Russell wants play he wants two full back sort players in the back 3 beside a natural centre half,to try ball play out from back when he can I.e naughton and manning when available,naughton is OK getting off keeper under no pressure passing 5 yard balls here and there,it's when the pressure on his problem panicks,and just kicks anywhere giving possession away or into touch when if he relaxed could turn go back keeper,dives in and rational when should be standing opposition up showing line,leaves platers drift in behind him when should be tight I e mitrovic couple goals at Fulham.. unfortunately he's best option we got at moment,if Martin wants play that sort system as not sure latibaudiere is answer either to play there..
Naughton on 10:18 - Oct 23 with 984 viewsicecoldjack

Naughton on 09:22 - Oct 23 by angryjack

At the moment the way Russell wants play he wants two full back sort players in the back 3 beside a natural centre half,to try ball play out from back when he can I.e naughton and manning when available,naughton is OK getting off keeper under no pressure passing 5 yard balls here and there,it's when the pressure on his problem panicks,and just kicks anywhere giving possession away or into touch when if he relaxed could turn go back keeper,dives in and rational when should be standing opposition up showing line,leaves platers drift in behind him when should be tight I e mitrovic couple goals at Fulham.. unfortunately he's best option we got at moment,if Martin wants play that sort system as not sure latibaudiere is answer either to play there..

Naughton s problem is that he is a good enough footballer to play practically anywhere on the field, something that some of our fans seem to forget. He has occupied a number of positions and held his own, changing his way of playing well into his 30’s .

There aren’t that many who could play any position in the back ,left right or center let alone take up a role in a defensive midfield .

Not sure why so many are blind to his positive aspects and only focus on negatives . If he was expert at any of those positions he would be plying his trade at a higher level, and in fairness mostly has, for a player approaching the end of his career I find his ability to adapt in the latter years a real plus for us,especially as cost and squad size will be an issue without parachute payments.

Sometimes it’s better to look at the overall picture and not the fact he got sent off a few years back and didn’t do well against a beast of a player like Mitrovic, who bullies center halves on a weekly basis.
Give the bloke a bit of credit for being able to perform to a good standard where ever any coach decides to play him .
Naughton on 12:14 - Oct 23 with 950 viewsJBG

Naughton on 23:32 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

So we've got angryjack and Perchy both agreeing with each other, even though nobody else is, on a thread started in the wrong place.

Kinda sums it all up really doesn't it?

same old people then, nothing changes
Naughton on 13:02 - Oct 23 with 923 viewsBadlands

Naughton on 09:21 - Oct 21 by 34dfgdf54

Cabango, Naughton and Pato imo. Was a bit of shambles all round.

Pato for trying silly flick, Naughton give it away previous to that if my memory serves and Cabango just went walkies.

I thought Ben struggled big time first half but he grew into it big time second half, hope the injury isn't serious.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 9:21]

Downes had gone wide to collect the ball and Cabango moved inside to cover Downes' position. Cabango then moved back to the left to pick up his position and was in place to mark their 7.
Downes, instead of moving in-field to reset the formation and shadow their 10, went wide towards their 7 and left the 10 unmarked. Cabango moved to cover the 10 who passed to the 7 who Downes failed to track back with.`
The player who went walkabout was Downes.
Sequence of events -
Loose flick Pato
Weak challenge Smith
Player out of position Downes
Sleepy defender Bennet.
Cabango did not struggle in the first half at all just made to look out of place for the goal by covering Downes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Naughton on 13:54 - Oct 23 with 896 viewsBuckDancer

Very good player is Naughton. Versatile, intelligent and has a superb shot on him. Hopefully he’ll extend his contract further with us. We’d be worse off without him.
Naughton on 20:43 - Oct 23 with 815 viewsangryjack

Naughton on 13:54 - Oct 23 by BuckDancer

Very good player is Naughton. Versatile, intelligent and has a superb shot on him. Hopefully he’ll extend his contract further with us. We’d be worse off without him.

Superb shot on him ..lay off the mushrooms mush
Naughton on 20:45 - Oct 23 with 806 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 20:43 - Oct 23 by angryjack

He scored a great goal at Sunderland right underneath us.

Naughton on 21:00 - Oct 23 with 800 viewsangryjack

Naughton on 20:45 - Oct 23 by onehunglow

He scored a great goal at Sunderland right underneath us.

Oh ye and the one at Millwall must be a great player then
Naughton on 21:07 - Oct 23 with 785 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 21:00 - Oct 23 by angryjack

Oh ye and the one at Millwall must be a great player then

Aye,it made our weekend up there.

I havent seen much of Kyle's great shooting prowess since though but 2 goal in 8 years in some achievement innit

Naughton on 21:26 - Oct 23 with 769 viewsBuckDancer

Naughton on 20:43 - Oct 23 by angryjack

Ah, I see you’re talking cr@p:

Sunderland away - 16/17
Millwall away - 18/19
Birmingham home - 19/20
Hull away 19/20
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024