Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter of Discontent 23:21 - Dec 7 with 4336 viewsAndyCole

Is our CEO a malcontent like some of our fans, unhappy with Cooper's progress and modus operandi ?

Or has he seen enough in Cooper and his accomplishments to back him in the winter transfer window ?

Early season murmurings were the former with rumours and bitter forum threads (elsewhere) urging 'Cooper Out'. In the absence of fans at matches, Winter's team will be trawling the various fans' forums to gauge fans' sentiment. Cooper got resounding support on this forum.

We need an out-and-out striker to give us the chance of promotion. We need Ayew, Grimes and Connor to stay. Let's hope Winter is more than content to back Cooper.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Winter of Discontent on 16:12 - Oct 3 with 1093 viewsonehunglow

Winter of Discontent on 20:43 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Those 4 or 5 would be the little group that's constantly criticisng Martin i suppose?

WUM.

As opposed to those defending Martin and his plan. It is all about him and sadly many are taken in by his flannel.

Anyone care to defend his treatment of Piroe and Whittaker, or maybe scarap this forum if opinions cannot be exchanges without the garbage we are seeing,which includes mental health used to insult

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Winter of Discontent on 17:38 - Oct 3 with 1080 viewsReslovenSwan1

Winter of Discontent on 15:36 - Oct 3 by Chief

But you said he'd invested in DC United?

But haven't read it anywhere?

The layperson would say you're either making things up or you have inside knowledge of Silverstein's business ventures.

Rap artist 'Yo Gotti Mims' has joined Jake S in investing in DC United. Kaplan and Levien do not seem too worried about dilution it seems.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dc-united-expand-ownership-group-headli

'Me Bro Jake' not invloved 'hands' on there. You might like to write to them to explain Jake is not yet a co owner. though this seems to be inevitable 'down the stretch'.

I wonder if the hip hop kids of Swansea know of "Yo Gotti".? I quite like a bit of Flo Ryder myself. "Oh oh Oh I got a feeling yeh. A feeling I have never had before" At my age its off to the physician.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 17:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Winter of Discontent on 17:44 - Oct 3 with 1075 viewsChief

Winter of Discontent on 17:38 - Oct 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Rap artist 'Yo Gotti Mims' has joined Jake S in investing in DC United. Kaplan and Levien do not seem too worried about dilution it seems.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dc-united-expand-ownership-group-headli

'Me Bro Jake' not invloved 'hands' on there. You might like to write to them to explain Jake is not yet a co owner. though this seems to be inevitable 'down the stretch'.

I wonder if the hip hop kids of Swansea know of "Yo Gotti".? I quite like a bit of Flo Ryder myself. "Oh oh Oh I got a feeling yeh. A feeling I have never had before" At my age its off to the physician.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 17:44]

Maybe he'll lend some of his mainstream appeal to shine some publicity on DC, Which our illustrious owners seem averse to doing for us.

Terrible article which incorrectly states Silverstein is a co-owner of Swansea City.

But he does say:

"I look forward to deeply engaging with the club and playing a part in the future of the league.".

Sounds to me like he's claiming to be hands on there too.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 18:01]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Winter of Discontent on 22:08 - Dec 16 with 906 viewsAndyCole

A prescient Bump.

All the pressure right now is firmly on :
1. Winter
2. Martin

Winter for all the reasons already covered. And he seems to be flapping ever more so. A clumsy, hapless CEO who doesn't deserve the badge. Out of his depth.

Martin because the false dawn was just that. False, superficial bravado vs deep down belief. A classic PR spin. Also out of his depth.

Martin and his coaching team were worried in the last last slump. They feared they couldn't turn it around. FACT.

Now they are flapping, along with Winter. FACT.

And with Silverstein now in the house. I know what I would do if I were a significant investor, with proper skin in the game......

It's a proper Winter of discontent. And no matter how happy the hapless happy dim happy clappers feel about Martin, the Housemartins built ain't no Happy House.

(the last para will be a massive whoosh moment for the twp, btw)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Winter of Discontent on 21:33 - Dec 17 with 832 viewsReslovenSwan1

Winter of Discontent on 22:08 - Dec 16 by AndyCole

A prescient Bump.

All the pressure right now is firmly on :
1. Winter
2. Martin

Winter for all the reasons already covered. And he seems to be flapping ever more so. A clumsy, hapless CEO who doesn't deserve the badge. Out of his depth.

Martin because the false dawn was just that. False, superficial bravado vs deep down belief. A classic PR spin. Also out of his depth.

Martin and his coaching team were worried in the last last slump. They feared they couldn't turn it around. FACT.

Now they are flapping, along with Winter. FACT.

And with Silverstein now in the house. I know what I would do if I were a significant investor, with proper skin in the game......

It's a proper Winter of discontent. And no matter how happy the hapless happy dim happy clappers feel about Martin, the Housemartins built ain't no Happy House.

(the last para will be a massive whoosh moment for the twp, btw)

The US people are on side and prepared to be patient up to a point. They will rely on their man Mr Allen to give them his opinion without prejudice or spin. The club will expect to see progress by the end of the season.

Winter of Discontent on 22:02 - Dec 17 with 819 viewsAndyCole

Winter of Discontent on 21:33 - Dec 17 by ReslovenSwan1

The US people are on side and prepared to be patient up to a point. They will rely on their man Mr Allen to give them his opinion without prejudice or spin. The club will expect to see progress by the end of the season.

You must be hearing the same stuff, Allen is the man, right now.

Winter discontent from so many perspectives.

Martin and his rookie coaching team under massive pressure again, by all accounts. You must be hearing the same in the corridors of power. Has the patience now fully waned ?

In the last slump, Martin was 'out by xmas'.

The Big Martin Question is: is the latest humiliating slump, and cruelly beasted by Cooperball, the final straw. ?

Winter of Discontent on 23:31 - Dec 17 with 788 viewsChief

Winter of Discontent on 22:02 - Dec 17 by AndyCole

You must be hearing the same stuff, Allen is the man, right now.

Winter discontent from so many perspectives.

Martin and his rookie coaching team under massive pressure again, by all accounts. You must be hearing the same in the corridors of power. Has the patience now fully waned ?

In the last slump, Martin was 'out by xmas'.

The Big Martin Question is: is the latest humiliating slump, and cruelly beasted by Cooperball, the final straw. ?

"Martin and his rookie coaching team under massive pressure again, by all accounts."

Who's accounts are these?

Winter of Discontent on 23:51 - Dec 17 with 788 viewsAndyCole

Winter of Discontent on 23:31 - Dec 17 by Chief

"Martin and his rookie coaching team under massive pressure again, by all accounts."

Who's accounts are these?

For once, add some value to this forum.

Give something, instead of Always taking.

All you seem to do is prod n probe other folks.

Some of us Give, proffer some proper insight, some Facts about our club, players, management team.

Yet all you seem to revel in is the Take.

You're better than that, 'Chief'.

Login to get fewer ads

Winter of Discontent on 23:53 - Dec 17 with 786 viewsChief

Winter of Discontent on 23:51 - Dec 17 by AndyCole

For once, add some value to this forum.

Give something, instead of Always taking.

All you seem to do is prod n probe other folks.

Some of us Give, proffer some proper insight, some Facts about our club, players, management team.

Yet all you seem to revel in is the Take.

You're better than that, 'Chief'.

So again, who's accounts are you referring to?

Winter of Discontent on 21:49 - May 30 with 554 viewsAndyCole

A proper bump. Watch this space......

The uber powers that be have now seen the full scale of the errors of Wunter's ways. A perennial loser.

Cooper's massive success is a massiver slap in the face of Wunter (ex Hudds) and Martin, in so many ways. A proper two-fingers-up to Wunter and his shoddy ways. Coupled with Martin's failure of a miserable bottom half 15th, Coops' promotion is a proper double whammy just when Wunter and Martin didn't need it.

Precisely the fillip us proper fans wanted as the catalyst for change.

Let's hope Jake's plan B is implemented on schedule......

Winter of Discontent on 22:32 - May 30 with 504 viewsowainglyndwr

I have said previously that Winter and the owners tucked Cooper up.
It's come back to bite them on the arse now, fair play to coops 3 times in the play offs in the past 3 years
Winter of Discontent on 22:39 - May 30 with 492 viewsDr_Parnassus

Agree with the above.

I think it’s pretty clear now people have realised they made a massive error of judgement. The accounts were released and analysed recently.

Cooper took a heavily decreased salary budget from season 1 yet significantly improved in year 2. It’s funny that people point to a budget decrease as justification for such a decrease in performance levels.

Where as Cooper had TWO massive annual salary budget decreases and improved on the previous season both times.

This season was a disaster and it turns out a complete waste of time with the noises coming out that he’s changing the formation. All that should have been sorted long before the start of this season. We should be going into this season knowing exactly what we are doing and firing on all cylinders.

It seems he still has no real idea what it is he’s doing.

Never been more disillusioned with a manager than I am with Martin. A genuine perennial failure at management level, there is no denying it.

19th, 13th and 15th - and we are expected to hand the keys to the club over to him to enact his vision which has never worked anywhere in his managerial history.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Winter of Discontent on 23:03 - May 30 with 476 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper s not the first Swansea manager to leave the club and have great success. Martinez Rodgers Potter to name three. Swansea got compensation for all four. Cooper had done his two years like Bendan and Roberto and moved on.

Martin might make his two year period or might get sacked before. No one has done more than two years. It is the 'goldilocks syndrome'. Martin might do more simply by being 'average' at his job. Too loved to be sacked making small steps of progress and not good enough to be poached.

Actually Guidolin was the ideal manager good for Swansea but too old to be poached.

Winter of Discontent on 00:47 - May 31 with 440 viewsAndyCole

Winter of Discontent on 23:03 - May 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper s not the first Swansea manager to leave the club and have great success. Martinez Rodgers Potter to name three. Swansea got compensation for all four. Cooper had done his two years like Bendan and Roberto and moved on.

Martin might make his two year period or might get sacked before. No one has done more than two years. It is the 'goldilocks syndrome'. Martin might do more simply by being 'average' at his job. Too loved to be sacked making small steps of progress and not good enough to be poached.

Actually Guidolin was the ideal manager good for Swansea but too old to be poached.

Awww c'mon The Res - you're far too intelligent to not see how shite Martinfraudball is.

If you were Jake: what would you do right now ?

- Wunter out
- Martin out
- New, fresh pragmatic blood in - a la Corberán
- A proper restart, with a plan and proper passion for the badge (not for brand Martin)
- A sleeves-up zippy go-fwd model with solid defence
- Boldly blooding the Congreves et al
- Hard working, backs to the wall edge

Surely you of all folk can see how alien ego-centric, image conscious Martin is to what we stand for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024