Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. 23:36 - Sep 22 with 7832 viewsNotLoyal

WYCOMBE WANDERERS V SWANSEA CITY
ADAMS PARK, HIGH WYCOMBE
SATURDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2020
KICK OFF 12.30PM
SKY SPORTS LIVE

REFEREE : A bloke called Geoff.

This is Geoff, he is from County Durham and is quite an ugly man.

This is Gareth Ainsworth coming off stage at Reading last year
This is Steve Cooper, unrivalled in the facial stakes. He is non negotiable.

History. The name Wycombe appears to come from the river Wye and the old English word for a wooded valley, combe, but... Modern-day High Wycombe. High Wycombe comprises a number of suburbs including Booker, Bowerdean, Castlefield, Cressex,... Demography. High Wycombe's population figure differs with the varying definitions of the town's area

Already you can see the whole area is a confusion of words, in the above passage the author clearly wrote all the words they know but in no particular order. The town itself is described by its locals as a chav town, my understanding of this term is - generic dressed young people who don't wash, talk like they are from Jamaica or Barnsley and eat chips and sewerage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fat bloke James Corden supports local side West Ham, Corden was raised in Wycombe but born in Hillingdon which was at the time the closest hospital for fat babies. Corden is married to Julian Clarey and they have numerous children.
Other famous people from Wycombe are Terry Pratchet, the drummer from Pentangle, Ian Dury and Matt Dawson the oblong chasing cooking bloke who has been booted off a question of sport.

Memories from 26 years ago are rekindled as Swansea City beat Wycombe over two legs in the 1994 Autoglass semi finals. Here we see Swansea Independent columnist Roger Freestone lifting the trophy at that Wembley. Swansea City are the only team to win a trophy at the old Wembley, the new Wembley and at Leckwith when the FA played their major finals there. Swansea are good at winning. Well done.
**As a footnote you will see some local MP in the background, he supports whatever team he wants to so as to improve his overall cock rating with whichever constituency he represents"" I think it's Michael Howard MP who along with Leon Briton MP went on to play for Swansea City **

And now for some football
Swansea have won 6 of their games against Wycombe. Wycombe have also won 6, with 2 being a draw.

Did you know?
Swansea and Wycombe have met in the Autoglass Trophy, LDV Vans Trophy, Auto windscreens Trophy and the Johnstone Paints Trophy. It is genuinely possible had Swansea not become Wales greatest ever football side winning a major trophy and going on a European journey with internationals in World Cup Finals playing for six of the top ten countries in the world they would have also met in the Checkatrade Trophy as well. But Swansea at the time were shit hot. Wycombe were not..

The Wycombe Wanderers squad is now somewhat depleted since their return to action this season. During lockdown they took the opportunity to grow old and eat Mars bars. The game is LIVE on SKY and Wycombe Wanderers should be ashamed of themselves.

MORE TO FOLLOW.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 11:48]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:54 - Sep 26 with 1152 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cracking second goal too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:54 - Sep 26 with 1151 viewsKeithHaynes

So confident at the moment we are being very wasteful, they are petrified of our ball movement and control. That's 2, Lowe.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:57 - Sep 26 with 1131 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We're looking razor sharp today. Fantastic so far

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:59 - Sep 26 with 1123 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:52 - Sep 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Wycombe are horrific. We are doing a very professional job. Gibbs White oozes class.

It’s on terrestrial television over here which is a bonus.

You lucky so and so
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:00 - Sep 26 with 1118 viewsBrynmill_Jack

MGW should have two by now himself. Needs to be more selfish

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:07 - Sep 26 with 1081 viewshobo

Guehi is a wonderhorse. Sign him up on a perm asap
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:09 - Sep 26 with 1073 viewsDr_Parnassus

Gibbs White, Ayew and Guehi running the show, and Bidwell to be fair.

I don’t know what the availability of either is like but I would happily sell Rodon if it meant we could sign Guehi and Gibbs White.

Edit - scrap that, apparently Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham wanted him year before last and were talking in the £5m range. I would guess that would be double after this season with league experience under his belt.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 13:14]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:12 - Sep 26 with 1058 viewsJohnw102

Smith is my only concern, at the moment. Can't get into the game.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Login to get fewer ads

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:17 - Sep 26 with 1042 views34dfgdf54

Bit nervous we are doing a Cooper here and sitting back on lead instead of going for the jugular.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:17 - Sep 26 with 1040 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We're letting them back into the game. Be ruthless Swans!

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:20 - Sep 26 with 1011 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It was too easy so we got sloppy.

Kick up the backside and treat the second half as a new game starting at 0 - 0.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:21 - Sep 26 with 997 viewsjasper_T

Guehi's really good at stepping up into midfield as he's so comfortable on the ball and sorts his feet out quicker than Joe or Ben, but Wheeler is murdering him in the air. A reshuffle might be in order with them growing into it.

It's only Wycombe (who were a poor footballing side even last season) but Gibbs-White is a massive upgrade on Gallagher so far. Similar energy but with actual quality.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:22 - Sep 26 with 996 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:09 - Sep 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Gibbs White, Ayew and Guehi running the show, and Bidwell to be fair.

I don’t know what the availability of either is like but I would happily sell Rodon if it meant we could sign Guehi and Gibbs White.

Edit - scrap that, apparently Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham wanted him year before last and were talking in the £5m range. I would guess that would be double after this season with league experience under his belt.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 13:14]

Or sell Ayew and keep Joe and sign the other two. I think our fluidity today going forward has been superb. If we could get a dedicated CF with any money spare then we're good to go

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:24 - Sep 26 with 976 viewsonehunglow

My God,it is so evident we need a striker.This could be a cricket score with a striker worthy of the name.Bidwell has made rapid improvement and is a key player.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:25 - Sep 26 with 973 views34dfgdf54

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:21 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

Guehi's really good at stepping up into midfield as he's so comfortable on the ball and sorts his feet out quicker than Joe or Ben, but Wheeler is murdering him in the air. A reshuffle might be in order with them growing into it.

It's only Wycombe (who were a poor footballing side even last season) but Gibbs-White is a massive upgrade on Gallagher so far. Similar energy but with actual quality.

Huge fan of Gallagher but agree MGW seems to have that extra bit of class and composure.

I know it sounds silly at 2-0 but we need to kick on and get another early, I fancy them from a set piece as the game goes on.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:26 - Sep 26 with 964 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:24 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

My God,it is so evident we need a striker.This could be a cricket score with a striker worthy of the name.Bidwell has made rapid improvement and is a key player.

I don't think we're suffering due to lack of a striker Perch. The problem is Gibbs White being far too generous. He should have two at least

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:27 - Sep 26 with 953 viewsNeath_Jack

That was almost a Brendan type performance.

Gibbs White is absolutely running the show, he is everywhere. Shows how ordinary Gallagher was last year.

Bidwell is an outstanding wing back at this level.

Hopefully Cooper get's in their earholes in the dressing room to pick the tempo back up and go for the jugular the second half.

Loved that half of football!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 13:35]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:28 - Sep 26 with 951 viewsKeithHaynes

Lowe scores his first Swans goal.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:29 - Sep 26 with 947 viewsAndyCole

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:21 - Sep 26 by 34dfgdf54

Come on you beauties

I’m fancying MGW to put on a show

And what a show, been one of our best AMs in a while.

We're now playing with the same pizzazz as our run-in. More zipp and purpose.

And as Trunds said, "we talk about the Swansea way, and there we have it with that goal".

Wycombe will always be looking to counter, esp with a set-piece. Concentration is key to maintain our excellent controlled defending this term.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:29 - Sep 26 with 946 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:24 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

And it's fair to say that if Brewster HAD have returned we would be a very difficult proposition in this league. Serious top 2 candidates

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:32 - Sep 26 with 928 viewsjasper_T

Who do you drop for an orthodox centre forward, though?

Bidwell is very effective when all he has to think about is charging forward and knocking crosses in.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:37 - Sep 26 with 904 views34dfgdf54

This ref ffs
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:40 - Sep 26 with 887 viewsNotLoyal

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:37 - Sep 26 by 34dfgdf54

This ref ffs

Dreadful, two key decisions not given.

OK I've changed it.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:41 - Sep 26 with 879 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:22 - Sep 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Or sell Ayew and keep Joe and sign the other two. I think our fluidity today going forward has been superb. If we could get a dedicated CF with any money spare then we're good to go

Think Ayew is in the last year of his contract isn’t he? Don’t think we will be getting anything for him now, probably worth more to us to have him this season considering it’s the last year of some kind of parachute payments.

We will need a big player to be sold for big money I think. Rodon is the only one that fits the bill, we are actually running out of large assets which is a bit of a concern. But I think Rodon is replaceable.

After some research MGW is way out of our league financially though regardless so let’s keep everyone
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 13:47]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:45 - Sep 26 with 868 viewsNotLoyal

Letting them back in to this.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024