Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm 10:51 - Jul 21 with 14579 viewsJackSomething

So the Evening Post are reporting (with no quotes or sources) that Gylfi for Ben is a straight swap and will be completed in next few days, while Vorm is going to join Spurs for £2.5m:

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-defender-Ben-Davies-close-T

So it seems Ben and Gylfi have both been valued at around £10m. What do people think of that (if true)?

Personally, I don't think we would have settled for a straight swap if Pablo was still here. I think the need for an AM is so great that the club felt they had to compromise.

Vorm for £2.5m seems a little on the cheap side. How long was left on his contract?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 10:52]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 15:57 - Jul 21 with 2368 viewsmax936

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 15:51 - Jul 21 by Darran

Massive fail there Max.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:03 - Jul 21 with 2351 viewsAngelRangelQS

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 15:47 - Jul 21 by Darran

Yes,indeed but it won't even come close to paying up his contract.

This post has been edited by an administrator

No but it may come close to his loss of earnings, ie the difference between what he would have earned at spurs during the next two years minus what he earns with us
Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:05 - Jul 21 with 2339 viewsDarran

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:03 - Jul 21 by AngelRangelQS

No but it may come close to his loss of earnings, ie the difference between what he would have earned at spurs during the next two years minus what he earns with us

No it won't nothing like it.he might not get anything off Spurs just a signing on fee off us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:06 - Jul 21 with 2331 viewsZut_Alors

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:03 - Jul 21 by AngelRangelQS

This. Say that worked out to 20K a week over 2 years, just over 2 million. Seems about right.
Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:11 - Jul 21 with 2304 viewsAngelRangelQS

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:05 - Jul 21 by Darran

No it won't nothing like it.he might not get anything off Spurs just a signing on fee off us.

Wouldn't that be deducted from his loss of earnings?
Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:18 - Jul 21 with 2268 viewsDarran

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:11 - Jul 21 by AngelRangelQS

Wouldn't that be deducted from his loss of earnings?

Not necessarily IMO,the days of earning ten bob a week have long gone these players are not short of dosh.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:19 - Jul 21 with 2260 viewsWarwickHunt

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:06 - Jul 21 by Zut_Alors

This. Say that worked out to 20K a week over 2 years, just over 2 million. Seems about right.

That way we keep our wage structure intact. Honest.
Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:26 - Jul 21 with 2213 viewsbluenile

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 13:03 - Jul 21 by jasonbromham

Little update on this, Reported on the sky sports transfer centre that ben davies has passed his medical and should defintely be completed by tomorrow.

There is also this on vorm too - http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11661/9389545/transfer-news-tottenham-in

"The 30-year-old Netherlands international has been granted permission to speak to Spurs via his representative after the Premier League clubs agreed a fee over the weekend, thought to be in the region of £5million.

The proposed deal is complex and dependent to an extent on a separate agreement for left-back Ben Davies to join Spurs and for midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson to move in the opposite direction."...................£5 Mill sounds more like it, whichever way all three sides add up!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Login to get fewer ads

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:29 - Jul 21 with 2195 viewsbluenile

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 12:08 - Jul 21 by raynor94

What making a million pound profit on a keeper who hasn't played or been rubbish for the last eighteen months, seems like a good deal to me

The last 18 months...........feck me there was a look-a-like in goal in all the games I saw..............................good likeness though, well done Huw for finding him.............

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:30 - Jul 21 with 2189 viewsbluenile

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 13:08 - Jul 21 by Shaky

What is it about the word swap you don't understand, Lisa?

Fair play she's shown you up well there..............well done Lisa!

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:35 - Jul 21 with 2166 viewsraynor94

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:29 - Jul 21 by bluenile

The last 18 months...........feck me there was a look-a-like in goal in all the games I saw..............................good likeness though, well done Huw for finding him.............

Are you deliberately trying to be dull?dinner his injury at Man City he was out and has been mediocre at best since his return, is it that difficult to understand?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:38 - Jul 21 with 2152 viewsbluenile

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 14:07 - Jul 21 by Shaky

Gylfi is entitled to receive whatever somebody is willing to give him.

But Spurs are not **obligated** to pay him anything if they no longer hold his registration.

I suggest you read the story again, which clearly implies there has been a recent revision to the whatever deal may have previously been discussed: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-defender-Ben-Davies-close-T

But they would be obligated if the deal didn't go through and he stayed there, hence the need to 'sweeten the pill'...................you really do remind me of a kid in school when I was a kid..............no matter how many times he was told and it was explained to him, he couldn't grasp things, 'course he couldn't see that either!

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:40 - Jul 21 with 2142 viewsShaky

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 15:34 - Jul 21 by AngelRangelQS

The way I see it is that spurs want to use gylfi as the bait for us to sell Ben. It is the card that trumps other interested parties and trumps us saying "we don't need to sell, piss off".

In order to make use of this, two things need to happen - 1 - Swans have to want gylfi, which we do. 2 - gylfi happy to join Swansea. If gylfi doesn't want to come here under any circumstances then it's a no go.

Essentially you are then in a position whereby spurs want gylfi to leave, hence want to terminate/breach the contract the signed with him 2 years ago. If they want to do this, they need to pay compensation as per the contract.

Gylfi ends up happy as he gets first team football without losing any money, Swans get gylfi at an affordable price and spurs get Davies and reduce their wage bill by getting 60% of Gylfi's wages off it.

If spurs are pushing gylfi to go then it's potentially a breach of contract and compensation will therefore be due

You fail to take into account the possibility that a third party might be interested, which is not at all academic since Palace are widely reported to have had an £8m offer for Gylfi **accepted** by Spurs.

That said it still sounds like he is on his way back to Swansea, but according to your own analysis our negotiating position is just fairly weak.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:43 - Jul 21 with 2121 viewsShaky

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:30 - Jul 21 by bluenile

Fair play she's shown you up well there..............well done Lisa!

I'd say you should focus every ounce of your concentration on your battle of wits with raynor, a fascinating contest between two unarmed men.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:48 - Jul 21 with 2099 viewsMoscowJack

Shaky, you're losing. Again. Lisa's right - again.

Siggy would reject any move that will give him less than his reported 50k a week and Spurs are happy to "pay" (ie value him at less) the 2m he would lose in wages if he joined us. It's really, really simple.

Swans end up keeping their wage limits in place (although in equally a gray way as they did when signing Gomis!), Siggy's still getting 50k a week (30k from us, 2m from Spuds over 2 years paid in advance possibly) and everyone's happy.

If you don't believe me, ask your mates at "Goldman" :)

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:48 - Jul 21 with 2097 viewsbluenile

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:35 - Jul 21 by raynor94

Are you deliberately trying to be dull?dinner his injury at Man City he was out and has been mediocre at best since his return, is it that difficult to understand?

Hardly mediocre at best, no doubt that injury affected him, my neighbour mentioned that he had noticed his inability to dive low to his right since the injury. Admittedly he's not been great but hardly mediocre..................poor at times would be nearer the mark.................and what does dinner have to do with it? They not fed you in that home yet?

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:51 - Jul 21 with 2088 viewsraynor94

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:48 - Jul 21 by bluenile

Hardly mediocre at best, no doubt that injury affected him, my neighbour mentioned that he had noticed his inability to dive low to his right since the injury. Admittedly he's not been great but hardly mediocre..................poor at times would be nearer the mark.................and what does dinner have to do with it? They not fed you in that home yet?

Bloody typing on a mobile

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 17:53 - Jul 21 with 1970 viewsbluenile

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:51 - Jul 21 by raynor94

Bloody typing on a mobile

Ok, I know that feeling..........made me laugh though

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 19:44 - Jul 21 with 1810 viewsUxbridge

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 16:48 - Jul 21 by MoscowJack

Shaky, you're losing. Again. Lisa's right - again.

Siggy would reject any move that will give him less than his reported 50k a week and Spurs are happy to "pay" (ie value him at less) the 2m he would lose in wages if he joined us. It's really, really simple.

Swans end up keeping their wage limits in place (although in equally a gray way as they did when signing Gomis!), Siggy's still getting 50k a week (30k from us, 2m from Spuds over 2 years paid in advance possibly) and everyone's happy.

If you don't believe me, ask your mates at "Goldman" :)

I hate to do this but .... either could be right. Or wrong. Thing is we don't know.

No one on here knows the financials of the deal. The fees might be a straight swap or they might not, Spurs might be funding some of his wages to smooth the deal or they might not ... and who knows what's the deal with Vorm is, although personally I reckon we're happy to swap him for Fabianski let alone get some cash in.

This thread seems to have been split between those who see positives in the board and those who don't. Not sure there's much more insight to it than that.

I wouldn't have replied but frankly I'm disappointed the chief protagonists only took this to page 3. Not good enough.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 19:45 - Jul 21 with 1803 viewsNeath_Jack

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 19:44 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

I hate to do this but .... either could be right. Or wrong. Thing is we don't know.

No one on here knows the financials of the deal. The fees might be a straight swap or they might not, Spurs might be funding some of his wages to smooth the deal or they might not ... and who knows what's the deal with Vorm is, although personally I reckon we're happy to swap him for Fabianski let alone get some cash in.

This thread seems to have been split between those who see positives in the board and those who don't. Not sure there's much more insight to it than that.

I wouldn't have replied but frankly I'm disappointed the chief protagonists only took this to page 3. Not good enough.

Go and have a look at the Michu thread, some posts for you to get your teeth into on there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 19:47 - Jul 21 with 1794 viewsUxbridge

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 19:45 - Jul 21 by Neath_Jack

Go and have a look at the Michu thread, some posts for you to get your teeth into on there.

I glanced. Bit too hardcore for my hols. I don't mind wasting the company time but not my own

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:29 - Jul 21 with 1664 viewsStarsky

WHO GIVES A FECKITY FECK???

Ones gone, ones arrived, another one is going, we got some one money as well, we now have a stronger squad.....

END OF FECKING THREAD !!!

It's just the internet, init.

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:34 - Jul 21 with 1634 viewsShaky

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 19:44 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

I fear you are talking to what us financial geniuses would refer to as a special purpose vehicle there, Uxbridge.

As for the substance of your post I agree with you. We don't even know for sure whether there will be a deal involving Gylfi, and certainly not the terms.

All we can say with certainty is that the most recent reports from the press suggest a straight swap, whereas Lisa's proprietary mystical techniques have enabled her to form the cast iron opinion that Spurs are contributing a large wodge towards Gylfi's wages.

We shall see.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 20:35]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:43 - Jul 21 with 1591 viewsParlay

Lisa is correct, not much more to add.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:49 - Jul 21 with 1559 viewsUxbridge

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:34 - Jul 21 by Shaky

I fear you are talking to what us financial geniuses would refer to as a special purpose vehicle there, Uxbridge.

As for the substance of your post I agree with you. We don't even know for sure whether there will be a deal involving Gylfi, and certainly not the terms.

All we can say with certainty is that the most recent reports from the press suggest a straight swap, whereas Lisa's proprietary mystical techniques have enabled her to form the cast iron opinion that Spurs are contributing a large wodge towards Gylfi's wages.

We shall see.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 20:35]

I'm not sure this is the place for such terminology old chap.

Might just be me, but I'm not one who'll put much store in a couple of journo's getting the correct details on the sums either. Not really in Spurs interests to advertise or ours. Would certainly look like Gylfi is happening. I'd welcome him back as fills a hole but big price to pay with loss of one of our crown jewels.

We shall see indeed. The truth will turn up soon enough, or at least a version of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024