Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup to QPR 18:02 - Feb 24 with 22005 viewsDarran

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/michael-laudrup-in-the-frame-as-qpr-consider-sacki

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup to QPR on 15:24 - Feb 25 with 1888 viewsswanny

Laudrup to QPR on 15:09 - Feb 25 by Shaky

I am simply not going to get into detailed what/if scenarios for various reasons, but I will say the following:

This statement is obviously pertinent and revealing.

“If Huw Jenkins buys the players Michael Laudrup wants, then there is no problem. But if he does not buy those players, I don’t know what can happen. This is the reality."

However, the following statement is potentially highly significant:

“When Michael signed the new contract with Swansea, Huw Jenkins promised he would make a strong team,” Tutumlu added.

If were counsel to Laudrup, I would strive to understand whether this statement inducing Laudrup to enter into the contract was in fact made, the importance he placed on it in considering whether or not to enter into the new agreement, and finally what were the parties' financial expectations regarding the probabilities that the early termination/release clause would be triggered.

...but surely in all this you must apply the reasonable expectations of both parties.
Laudrup would know that there would be certain financial constraints, common sense alone would dictate that, added to which you have Laudrup's continued assertion that he only wanted a small squad.

Not to mention the fact that there were alledgedly players that couldn't be signed for one reason or another.

There is more than one interpretation to the comment ..
“When Michael signed the new contract with Swansea, Huw Jenkins promised he would make a strong team,” notwithstanding the fact that this is only what Tutumlu stated....as I've said before, we are none of us party to the actual contract.
If you were Counsel to Laudrup, you may advise him what you wish, but the law is open to interpretation by all parties. Only the Judge can decide where the balance of probability lies.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrup to QPR on 15:29 - Feb 25 with 1866 viewstomdickharry

What concrete evidence have we before us in this interesting argument,a senior employee of Swansea City,Michael Laudrup's, employment was terminated due to his alleged Breach of Contract,that is all, everything else as far as I can see is supposition.What cannot be denied is that our club by terminating an employees contract in that way have potentially entered a field of civil litigation which could result in the plaintiff's claim running into several million pounds a situation which perhaps our club were anxious to avoid. I sincerely hope that when this argument is concluded that transparency prevails and we are all made aware publicly of the resultant outcome,let all of us remember that Swansea City is a club run by fans on behalf of fans.
Laudrup to QPR on 15:34 - Feb 25 with 1850 viewsSpratty

Laudrup to QPR on 15:29 - Feb 25 by tomdickharry

What concrete evidence have we before us in this interesting argument,a senior employee of Swansea City,Michael Laudrup's, employment was terminated due to his alleged Breach of Contract,that is all, everything else as far as I can see is supposition.What cannot be denied is that our club by terminating an employees contract in that way have potentially entered a field of civil litigation which could result in the plaintiff's claim running into several million pounds a situation which perhaps our club were anxious to avoid. I sincerely hope that when this argument is concluded that transparency prevails and we are all made aware publicly of the resultant outcome,let all of us remember that Swansea City is a club run by fans on behalf of fans.

This
Laudrup to QPR on 15:36 - Feb 25 with 1843 viewsjack_lord

I believe Swansea City is now run by, with the trust as an exception, a group of "businessmen" who are Swansea City fans and not necesarrily on behalf of the Fans.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Laudrup to QPR on 15:42 - Feb 25 with 1822 viewstomdickharry

Laudrup to QPR on 15:36 - Feb 25 by jack_lord

I believe Swansea City is now run by, with the trust as an exception, a group of "businessmen" who are Swansea City fans and not necesarrily on behalf of the Fans.

How disappointing.
Laudrup to QPR on 15:54 - Feb 25 with 1782 viewsClinton

Laudrup to QPR on 15:36 - Feb 25 by jack_lord

I believe they work for the best interests of Swansea City. At times they have to make tough decisions. They cannot please all of the fans all of the time.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Laudrup to QPR on 16:04 - Feb 25 with 1752 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup to QPR on 13:37 - Feb 25 by Shaky

What do you mean bad mouthing?

Tutumulu said Jenkins had been lying; that is a verifiable statement. I can't find a link but I have read somewhere that Tutumulu has categorically denied trying to sell Williams; it should be relatively easy to find out whether that is true of not.

Googling around I did, however, find some other Tutumulu comments that are somewhat interesting, for the numerous revisionists around here:

“I want to make it clear – I am speaking on behalf of Michael Laudrup,” said Tutumlu, who has worked with the Dane since his days as a Barcelona player.

“If Huw Jenkins buys the players Michael Laudrup wants, then there is no problem. But if he does not buy those players, I don’t know what can happen. This is the reality.

“Michael’s idea is that next season is going to be very, very hard. There is the Europa League, the two cups and the Premier League, and he needs a strong squad.

“We made a miracle by signing players like Michu, Chico (Flores) and Pablo (Hernandez) last season, but we cannot make a miracle every year.”

. . .“When Michael signed the new contract with Swansea, Huw Jenkins promised he would make a strong team,” Tutumlu added.

“Michael then promised players like Michu and Chico Flores that he would stay at Swansea, and that is why they extended their contracts as well.”

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-tight-lipped-Michael-Laudru

Um maybe starting by calling the Chairman a liar. I agree that there has been some unprofessional behaviour from the club but those are to be kept behind closed doors - not on social media

“I want to make it clear – I am speaking on behalf of Michael Laudrup,” - so Michael it was something to do with you. Now who is the liar?

“If Huw Jenkins buys the players Michael Laudrup wants, then there is no problem. But if he does not buy those players, I don’t know what can happen. This is the reality." - shock horror manager wants players outside of the budget. He knew the drill so that's pretty poor.

. . .“When Michael signed the new contract with Swansea, Huw Jenkins promised he would make a strong team,” Tutumlu added - and he signed Wilfiried for 12million. Laudstrop broke our transfer record 3 times.

I agree if (and it's a big if) to be sacked by e mail is poor, but to paint this picture that poor little Michael has been hard done by as he's the innocent one then that is naive at best

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup to QPR on 16:21 - Feb 25 with 1707 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 15:24 - Feb 25 by swanny

...but surely in all this you must apply the reasonable expectations of both parties.
Laudrup would know that there would be certain financial constraints, common sense alone would dictate that, added to which you have Laudrup's continued assertion that he only wanted a small squad.

Not to mention the fact that there were alledgedly players that couldn't be signed for one reason or another.

There is more than one interpretation to the comment ..
“When Michael signed the new contract with Swansea, Huw Jenkins promised he would make a strong team,” notwithstanding the fact that this is only what Tutumlu stated....as I've said before, we are none of us party to the actual contract.
If you were Counsel to Laudrup, you may advise him what you wish, but the law is open to interpretation by all parties. Only the Judge can decide where the balance of probability lies.

So Swanny, I note you have capitalised Counsel properly, and infer from that you are probably a bit of a ringer.

Can I ask what kind of law you practice, and whether in your opinion the club has acted professionally and competently here?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup to QPR on 16:21 - Feb 25 with 1709 viewsUxbridge

Indeed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Laudrup to QPR on 16:29 - Feb 25 with 1693 viewsswanny

formerly part of the Judiciary System so without seeing all the evidence you'll get nowt from me ;)

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrup to QPR on 16:30 - Feb 25 with 1692 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 16:21 - Feb 25 by Shaky

So Swanny, I note you have capitalised Counsel properly, and infer from that you are probably a bit of a ringer.

Can I ask what kind of law you practice, and whether in your opinion the club has acted professionally and competently here?

I'll answer for her,she doesn't f*cking know.

Jesus Christ.

Laudrup to QPR on 16:38 - Feb 25 with 1670 viewsmax936

Laudrup to QPR on 16:21 - Feb 25 by Shaky

Unless you or other's have been privy to information regarding the Club or Laudrup dealings regarding the matter, how can a judgement be made on here, its all hypothetical and quite frankly boring, there are two known facts, the Club sacked Laudrup and Laudrup has gone, all that's clear since is that the Swans are back to playing their best football and the mood in the camp seems much better, Happy Days.

End of Thread.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Laudrup to QPR on 16:39 - Feb 25 with 1665 viewsswanny

Laudrup to QPR on 16:30 - Feb 25 by Darran

I'll answer for her,she doesn't f*cking know.

Jesus Christ.

OI! I've consulted my tarot cards, and I know as much as the next man...

Laudrup to QPR on 16:41 - Feb 25 with 1661 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 16:39 - Feb 25 by swanny

OI! I've consulted my tarot cards, and I know as much as the next man...

It's rather staggering isn't it?

Laudrup to QPR on 16:42 - Feb 25 with 1659 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 16:38 - Feb 25 by max936

Unless you or other's have been privy to information regarding the Club or Laudrup dealings regarding the matter, how can a judgement be made on here, its all hypothetical and quite frankly boring, there are two known facts, the Club sacked Laudrup and Laudrup has gone, all that's clear since is that the Swans are back to playing their best football and the mood in the camp seems much better, Happy Days.

End of Thread.

That's a mighty fine post Stevie.

Laudrup to QPR on 16:43 - Feb 25 with 1654 viewsDrizzy

Why the f*ck does Darran keep making Laudrup threads?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Laudrup to QPR on 16:47 - Feb 25 with 1630 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 16:43 - Feb 25 by Drizzy

Why the f*ck does Darran keep making Laudrup threads?

I can make threads about who and what I want as long as hue don't contravene any forum rules Newp.

And this is the forums only Laudrup/QPR thread.

Next question?

Laudrup to QPR on 16:48 - Feb 25 with 1618 viewsDrizzy

Laudrup to QPR on 16:47 - Feb 25 by Darran

I can make threads about who and what I want as long as hue don't contravene any forum rules Newp.

And this is the forums only Laudrup/QPR thread.

Next question?

Just find it funny when all you do is tell other people to move the f*ck on but jump at the first chance to post links from the f*cking Metro about Laudrup. Sh*t source, sh*t story, sh*t thread made by a sh*t poster.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 16:49]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Laudrup to QPR on 16:57 - Feb 25 with 1592 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 16:48 - Feb 25 by Drizzy

Just find it funny when all you do is tell other people to move the f*ck on but jump at the first chance to post links from the f*cking Metro about Laudrup. Sh*t source, sh*t story, sh*t thread made by a sh*t poster.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 16:49]

Thanks shit liar.

Laudrup to QPR on 17:03 - Feb 25 with 1575 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrup to QPR on 12:47 - Feb 25 by Darran

The more I read this board the more I come to the conclusion that Sproutty had a massive man crush on Michael Laudrup.

Tis a strange one.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Been saying it for weeks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laudrup to QPR on 17:07 - Feb 25 with 1553 viewsepaul

Laudrup to QPR on 16:38 - Feb 25 by max936

End of Thread.

Exactly Steve, worra crock this thread is, laudrups gone, he's suing the club, big f ucking deal, we'll still move on from this. Unless anybody was there to specifically see and hear what might have said or not or whatrs in his contract, knows fuk all about how it will end up, maybe he'll get some money from us maybe he wont

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Laudrup to QPR on 17:22 - Feb 25 with 1520 viewsPlasticman

Laudrup to QPR on 15:54 - Feb 25 by Clinton

I believe they work for the best interests of Swansea City. At times they have to make tough decisions. They cannot please all of the fans all of the time.

That is an arguable opinion.

I personally couldn't see how pulling money out of the club was in the best interest of the club.

I do believe they are still fans, but your 'best interests' comment is arguable.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrup to QPR on 17:27 - Feb 25 with 1505 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 17:22 - Feb 25 by Plasticman

I personally couldn't see how pulling money out of the club was in the best interest of the club.

I do believe they are still fans, but your 'best interests' comment is arguable.

What do you think of people like Mel Nurse,Dai Morgan,Reeco etc?

Laudrup to QPR on 17:34 - Feb 25 with 1491 viewsclement

so is he going to qpr then?

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Laudrup to QPR on 18:06 - Feb 25 with 1433 viewsUxbridge

Laudrup to QPR on 17:22 - Feb 25 by Plasticman

Well, my thoughts on that particular topic are known, however in the interests of balance it should be pointed out that the figures taken out are still relatively small (the equivalent of a 12 week Zaha loan fee) and their combined renumeration apart from dividends over the last 10 years is less than Karren Brady was paid for the last year by West Ham.

I'm not a fan of the divi payments but such things should be put in context, and they are not incompatible with the argument that way more often than not their decisions are made in the best interests of the club. Laudrup fans may disagree but the evidence is looking pretty strong so far that his departure has helped. It's sad that the "owned by fans and run by fans" mantra no longer holds true for many though, and there are a fair few reasons for that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024