Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Ki chap 15:43 - Aug 3 with 10313 viewsPigbag

Why is everyone praying we sign him, I'm not saying you shouldn't I just havn't seen him play yet and I'm wondering what everyones seen of him to warrant the excitement. He's got the whole board buzzing, does he really look that good a prospect? If so then im game.
This Ki chap on 09:49 - Aug 5 with 2282 viewsHongKongR

This Ki chap on 23:30 - Aug 4 by DieByYourSide

Incidentally, earlier tonight on everyone's favourite communication medium, Twitter....

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

Ki Sung-Yeung looks like he will be ending up at #QPR after the Olympics. #Celtic #Football

I really hope we sign him, and I've been saying this for a while (not just after watching him in last night's game). He is exactly the type of player we need. Here is my analysis of how he did against team GB in Korea's win...

He was strong and commanding in the middle of the park against team GB. Ramsey, Allen and Cleverley could not control possession because he kept breaking everything up, and he lays off nice little passes as well as long ones. His touch to set up their goal was great, he looked like he rallied their team at every break, he made a superb intervention at one point as their last man back tracking faster than Sturridge could run through to finish. He takes most of their set pieces (but wasn't great actually) but he can head and jumps well (he's 6'2") and scored a cracking pen under tremendous pressure.

I just hope that Northern will relent on his criticism of him based purely on the fact that he is doing well in a crap league. He's young and has played 43 internationals - surely worth a good fee. If we could get him for around 7 million I would say that was well worth it...and with Diakite and Faurlin we will have an awesome central mid as well as exciting creative players going forward too!
This Ki chap on 09:57 - Aug 5 with 2261 viewsVish

This Ki chap on 09:49 - Aug 5 by HongKongR

I really hope we sign him, and I've been saying this for a while (not just after watching him in last night's game). He is exactly the type of player we need. Here is my analysis of how he did against team GB in Korea's win...

He was strong and commanding in the middle of the park against team GB. Ramsey, Allen and Cleverley could not control possession because he kept breaking everything up, and he lays off nice little passes as well as long ones. His touch to set up their goal was great, he looked like he rallied their team at every break, he made a superb intervention at one point as their last man back tracking faster than Sturridge could run through to finish. He takes most of their set pieces (but wasn't great actually) but he can head and jumps well (he's 6'2") and scored a cracking pen under tremendous pressure.

I just hope that Northern will relent on his criticism of him based purely on the fact that he is doing well in a crap league. He's young and has played 43 internationals - surely worth a good fee. If we could get him for around 7 million I would say that was well worth it...and with Diakite and Faurlin we will have an awesome central mid as well as exciting creative players going forward too!

£7m??

No thanks.
This Ki chap on 10:17 - Aug 5 with 2239 viewsJonDoeman

This Ki chap on 09:57 - Aug 5 by Vish

£7m??

No thanks.

With the marketing, they might see that as value.

It Is What It Is !!

This Ki chap on 10:40 - Aug 5 with 2211 viewsTacticalR

This Ki chap on 09:49 - Aug 5 by HongKongR

That's fair enough, but it will be interesting to see how he gets on against a better team.

Team GB were poor in terms of basic decision-making on the ball.

Brazil will be a much tougher test.

Air hostess clique

This Ki chap on 20:03 - Aug 7 with 2097 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I have watched everyone of his games (sad I know) but I must say I have been very impressed with him , and would really like him at QPR , maybe something like £4 million though but he has been very good , although maybe against weak opposition but even against Brasil now he has been good

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

This Ki chap on 20:24 - Aug 7 with 2058 viewsPommyhoop

Not good news if true.At the very least it will push his price up..

http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenal-set-sights-on-ki-signing/

Arsenal have been scouting Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng.

The South Korean international has been watched by Arsenal for the past two seasons and has received rave reviews from senior scouts, as well as Head Scout, Steve Rowley, who have watched the 23-year-old closely during the Olympic games.
Ki, who scored the winning penalty in the Quarter-Final shootout against Great Britain, is also wanted by QPR and Fulham.
The 2011 South Korea player of the year has been a big success at Celtic, impressing suitors with his range of passing and calmness in central midfield areas.
The 6ft 2in midfielder also has an eye for goal, scoring 9 goals during his two seasons in the SPL and 5 international goals in 45 appearances.
Arsenal scouts will be running the rule over Ki once more as South Korea take on Brazil in the semi-final of the Olympics at Old Trafford this evening.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

This Ki chap on 21:08 - Aug 7 with 2005 viewsJonDoeman

Mancini is there scouting him as well according to J Pearce.

It Is What It Is !!

This Ki chap on 21:45 - Aug 7 with 1957 viewsWeAreQPR12

Similar concerns 2 clive but after watching him in the olympics I have been really impressed with the lad. Not bothered about arsenal, we can better there 50k wages and get his good mate park 2 have a little chat in his hear. Got quality about him and would be a real asset to us.
Login to get fewer ads

This Ki chap on 08:21 - Aug 8 with 1858 viewsHongKongR

This Ki chap on 21:45 - Aug 7 by WeAreQPR12

Similar concerns 2 clive but after watching him in the olympics I have been really impressed with the lad. Not bothered about arsenal, we can better there 50k wages and get his good mate park 2 have a little chat in his hear. Got quality about him and would be a real asset to us.

It sounds like his agent is trying to up the bidding on him. This is far from ideal, but as I said before if we can get him for 7 million I think it will prove to be a bargain.

1) he's exactly the type of player we need - see my post above for reasons, and particularly when you consider we don't have enough defensive midfielders and are hgoing to be without Barton for the first half, Faurlin for at least the first month or so and it is still Ramadan when the season starts so as some on here have posted that may prevent Diakite being available/at his best, besides Samba is bound to get a few suspensions through the season. Enough said - we need someone like Ki!

2) he's a young international - a few more years of playing well in the top flight and his value will soar. MH has already been talking about when Faurlin comes back it will be like getting a fifteen million pound player and he cost us a reported 3 million! I'm sure 7 million for Ki will seem like a bargain after a few years too!

3) he's Korean, and he's their future! Think of the shirt selling that will come from having Ki and Park at QPR...and I'm in Hong Kong and I know what people over here are beginning to think: they are already talking about our little West London club, which didn't happen before Park moved or we were linked with Ki.

Bring him on...I hope we'll be able to keep Liverpool, Arsenal and Fulham away from his attention (he's been linked with them all this summer too), and pretty soon be welcoming David (yes, that's his English name) Ki to QPR!
This Ki chap on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 1829 viewsadhoc_qpr

I would like another body in centre midfield as i don't think it's Park's best position and Faurlin won't be back yet (and shouldn't be rushed).

If Hughes is happy than Ki can hack it at a proper standard that's fine for me. I can't see him being too keen to go to Arsenal given the way they have treated his team mate Park (the striker).
This Ki chap on 10:43 - Aug 8 with 1776 viewsHooparoo

David actually grew up in Brisbane and my GP(who knows I love QPR) mentioned that he knew the korean that was about to sign for the Rs. Said that David's old school coach was a friend of his and that David was a really good lad who clearly had enormous talent as a kid and he had all the attributes to become a top player.

He has a great attitude to work and is very level headed and modest apparently. Sounds good to me and obviously he speaks perfect english too.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

This Ki chap on 17:23 - Aug 8 with 1733 viewsTacticalR

This Ki chap on 21:45 - Aug 7 by WeAreQPR12

There's also the matter of the destruction of Park Chu-Young's career at Arsenal last season.

Air hostess clique

This Ki chap on 07:49 - Aug 10 with 1683 viewssilky

Interesting in today's papers.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-and-arsenal-face-battle-in-race-for-celti

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

This Ki chap on 10:08 - Aug 10 with 1615 viewsjamois

This Ki chap on 07:49 - Aug 10 by silky

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-and-arsenal-face-battle-in-race-for-celti

yep, I've seen this elsewhere. think he'll be going to spain and not the premier league.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

This Ki chap on 20:12 - Aug 10 with 1553 viewsTacticalR

Just took a yellow card for the team.

Air hostess clique

This Ki chap on 20:59 - Aug 10 with 1522 viewsRANGERS4EVER

This Ki chap on 07:49 - Aug 10 by silky

If those teams are trying to get him , i think we should go for him . But when Faurlin comes back i will be getting a real headache over who to pick in midfield with Park , Hoilett , Taraabt , Mackie , Faurlin , Diakite , Ki

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

This Ki chap on 21:39 - Aug 10 with 1495 viewsichbinnaughty

This Ki chap on 20:59 - Aug 10 by RANGERS4EVER

If those teams are trying to get him , i think we should go for him . But when Faurlin comes back i will be getting a real headache over who to pick in midfield with Park , Hoilett , Taraabt , Mackie , Faurlin , Diakite , Ki

Head ache; or hard on?
This Ki chap on 21:41 - Aug 10 with 1486 viewsTacticalR

He looked knackered about 15 minutes before the end.

Air hostess clique

This Ki chap on 21:50 - Aug 10 with 1478 viewsBklynRanger

Can anyone comment on how he did against Brazil?

I've seen him in 2 or 3 different halves of games and still can't really make my mind up.

He certainly feels comfortable in that defensive role, has good height and likes to play a simple pass. Doesn't hide and breaks up play pretty well.

But I don't know how well he'd do those things in the PL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024