Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer recruitment… 18:39 - Oct 19 with 1316 viewsHammersmithR

Must be the worst on record. They are all pretty much powder puff. Alarm bells in the summer when none of them have played at this level. Literally don’t knew where we go from here. These ‘data’ players have been nothing short of abysmal. We literally have no proper centre mids. Squad is just awash with luxury players. So many of our players hide in games. It’s unacceptable.
Summer recruitment… on 18:46 - Oct 19 with 1230 viewsrbee

Thus far certainly not up to speed on the physical demands of The Championship, very low on confidence and sitting bottom of the table. Marti and Xavi certainly have their work cut out.

I felt Ashby bottled it when in a good attacking position today but you see it all over the pitch although probably less than last month overall.
[Post edited 19 Oct 18:51]
Summer recruitment… on 18:49 - Oct 19 with 1213 viewsandrew1302

But Marti is happy to keep Madson playing when everyone can see he is way out of his depth. He is useless
Summer recruitment… on 18:51 - Oct 19 with 1176 viewsLogman

Summer recruitment… on 18:49 - Oct 19 by andrew1302

But Marti is happy to keep Madson playing when everyone can see he is way out of his depth. He is useless

Varane being suspended and Colback being injured possibly have a bearing on that
Summer recruitment… on 18:51 - Oct 19 with 1180 viewsted_hendrix

When the signings were announced I just thought, Hmmm well I've never heard of him (or her In some cases) so I'll leave It to the experts they must know what they are doing.

I can't deny but at the time I was pleasantly pleased that we were getting our business done early.

The start of the season was eagerly awaited, never In my wildest dreams did I think that by the 19th October we would be bottom of the league.

Somebody needs their arse kicking (but not by any of our players who'd probably miss the target).

All very disappointing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer recruitment… on 19:56 - Oct 19 with 980 viewsbosh67

Summer recruitment… on 18:51 - Oct 19 by ted_hendrix

When the signings were announced I just thought, Hmmm well I've never heard of him (or her In some cases) so I'll leave It to the experts they must know what they are doing.

I can't deny but at the time I was pleasantly pleased that we were getting our business done early.

The start of the season was eagerly awaited, never In my wildest dreams did I think that by the 19th October we would be bottom of the league.

Somebody needs their arse kicking (but not by any of our players who'd probably miss the target).

All very disappointing.

Agreed, Dembele for Willock, Varane for Hayden, Saito for Armstrong, Cesar for Dykes, Madsen as a swapable for Anderson. You could see the logic at the time, even with Varane being a gamble for Hayden. It really hasn't worked at all so far. Perhaps Dembele is an exception because it is obvious that in a more solid, confident side he would thrive.

I never expected us to be world beaters but I was looking forward to a season of mid table quietness. The loss of JCS and Colback for prolonged spells has been a killer for the spine of the team and it's proven to be our downfall. That and not re-signing Hayden. Field is very much out of form and Anderson likewise. Nardi for Begs has been the only one that has worked although I feel for him in this side at the moment.

Cook kind of looks like a cut above everyone else but even he's struggling as the confidence is just sapping away. When Marti came in he seemed to be able to lift the group. Now he's obviously struggling to get them to play the way he wants. I get his Postecoglou attitude, play the way he wants them to play and do it until it works but unlike Spurs we don't have the players and as ever, team spirit and mentality is fragile. No idea why. We have Cook, Dunne, Field, JCS and Colback. All very strong characters but it's just not happening for any of them.
[Post edited 19 Oct 19:57]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer recruitment… on 20:11 - Oct 19 with 874 viewspaulhoop2

I’ve indicated this before an Clive also there is a lot going on behind the scenes nourry is not all good. He’s pushed a style of play and signings into Marti.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Summer recruitment… on 20:22 - Oct 19 with 774 viewsLongsufferingR

Fox wasn't signed this summer but was 100% to blame for today. Bob Malcolm level of "defending". For both goals he was ahead of the forward and had time to clear but delayed for god knows what reason. He got away with a few others as well and Cook cleared up an awful lot of mess for him. How he wasn't hooked at half time I'll never know.
Summer recruitment… on 20:24 - Oct 19 with 762 viewscorse

Once more then i give it a rest. No this has nothing to do with Nourry. Its MC s team and his signings. All that kind of signings he needed to for his game idea and most if not all of them are better from what we had. Are we really missing players like dozzel and dykes for an example. Surely not.
But unfortunately the championship proved to be a bit too physical for most of our new players and it takes time to adapt into it and think these players will learn it. Sooner than later i hope. Much depends on MC.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer recruitment… on 20:32 - Oct 19 with 705 viewsqueensparker

A fit and firing JCS playing instead of Fox and we win that game

Let’s not melt down just yet (although the time is getting closer)
Summer recruitment… on 20:36 - Oct 19 with 682 viewsNed_Kennedys

Summer recruitment… on 20:22 - Oct 19 by LongsufferingR

Fox wasn't signed this summer but was 100% to blame for today. Bob Malcolm level of "defending". For both goals he was ahead of the forward and had time to clear but delayed for god knows what reason. He got away with a few others as well and Cook cleared up an awful lot of mess for him. How he wasn't hooked at half time I'll never know.

Fox wasn’t to blame for our failure to score a goal for almost 90 minutes after Dembele scored. Our shooting was an embarrassment.
Summer recruitment… on 21:06 - Oct 19 with 504 viewscorse

Summer recruitment… on 20:36 - Oct 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Fox wasn’t to blame for our failure to score a goal for almost 90 minutes after Dembele scored. Our shooting was an embarrassment.

Very much this.
Fox made a mistake and that happens. I cannot blame Fox for the first goal. A bit sloppy perhaps but had to avoid collapsing with another of our players who was sliding towards the goal. Who it was i dont recall. Then the ball bounced to the mid of the penalty are from where dunne and field i think were desperately late to clear it off.
Easily you could put this loss on Chair too who missed an open change trying to be clever and do the same as Dembele.
There were some good moves that ended into a half witted shots somewhere where the goal might be but not exactly into the net.
[Post edited 19 Oct 21:07]
Summer recruitment… on 21:10 - Oct 19 with 483 viewsDamo1962

Summer recruitment… on 20:11 - Oct 19 by paulhoop2

I’ve indicated this before an Clive also there is a lot going on behind the scenes nourry is not all good. He’s pushed a style of play and signings into Marti.

Thanks.This is interesting. Hope we get to hear more, as something has gone horribly wrong. I wasn't expecting us to be troubling the top half this season, but I wasn't expecting us to be bottom and so bereft either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024