Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread 07:21 - Oct 4 with 55021 viewsSpaceman_P

desperate times, require desperate measures... lets see if this match thread can rustle up the cheer we need before heading into the next depressingly futile international break.

I have rubbed my rabbits foot and cos I know we are better than Derby

I'm going for 1 - 2 us

goals from Saito and Frey but Derby will get the first goal as is the trend right now.

LET'S GO PARTY MARTI PARTY

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 11:03 - Oct 6 with 2296 viewsRangersw12

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 10:46 - Oct 6 by ParkRoyalR

Bit of a LfW favourite, but showing his man the number on his shirt for that header against the bar was rank rotten defending, although we got the obligatory finger pointing at others after the 2nd goal when he could have been tighter to the goalscorer,

Hvnt had him down as a leader from Day 1 but heh let's 'keep it simple' and blame Dunne.

Our current defensive problems start from the front, pass through an isolated Field and end up around our penalty area.

If you're having a go at Cook for the 2nd then take a look at what your mate Dunne is doing

Awful all-round
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 11:26 - Oct 6 with 2208 viewsParkRoyalR

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 11:03 - Oct 6 by Rangersw12

If you're having a go at Cook for the 2nd then take a look at what your mate Dunne is doing

Awful all-round

Serious?

Madsen loses possession out of nothing, Dunne's then forced to back-pedal,

Cook's facing the ball but chooses not to close the man down when its an obvious shooting chance,

Dunne sure has his moments but Cook has had a free-pass for far too long for me and his attitude as a team leader is something I have questioned from Day 1 since his regular hospital balls to Kakay and not giving an option to take the return pass even though he's just played his RB into trouble,

Decent enough but whenever he makes a mistake, and he makes plenty, its always Dunne's fault somehow.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:01 - Oct 6 with 2112 viewsloftboy

Finally got round to rewatching the lowlights, for the second goal Paal gets sold short with the pass but makes a completely half arsed non urgent effort at trying to win the ball back, totally unacceptable.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:18 - Oct 6 with 2056 viewsRangersw12

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 11:26 - Oct 6 by ParkRoyalR

Serious?

Madsen loses possession out of nothing, Dunne's then forced to back-pedal,

Cook's facing the ball but chooses not to close the man down when its an obvious shooting chance,

Dunne sure has his moments but Cook has had a free-pass for far too long for me and his attitude as a team leader is something I have questioned from Day 1 since his regular hospital balls to Kakay and not giving an option to take the return pass even though he's just played his RB into trouble,

Decent enough but whenever he makes a mistake, and he makes plenty, its always Dunne's fault somehow.

Like I said awful all round

Cook is poor but so is Dunne who has no game awareness.

Dunne can't play as 2 in at CB but did improve when he went to RB .
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:25 - Oct 6 with 2032 viewsdmm

Unsurprising but interesting nonetheless

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:27 - Oct 6 with 2023 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:18 - Oct 6 by Rangersw12

The decline of Cook this season worries me. Wouldn’t be the first player his age to deteriorate rapidly. Still back him with JCS one side and Dunne the other over the current line-up but yeah, not great at all.

Any defence behind the midfield playing as it is will struggle. No cover on the wings, no cover in the middle, no one capable of taking it off the defence and keeping it or progressing up the pitch. It’s painful how easy it is to play through us.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:34 - Oct 6 with 1985 viewsParkRoyalR

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:18 - Oct 6 by Rangersw12

They are polar opposites in how they defend,

First sign of danger and Dunne will try to snuff it out, too frequently leaving space behind,

First sign of danger and Cook will likely ignore the man in possession, drop too deep, with no space behind him granted, but too much in front of him as per 2nd goal yesterday,

Maybe JCS is a better balance of both the above schools of defending and maybe why our stats with him in the team are so much better.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:46 - Oct 6 with 1940 viewsRangersw12

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:27 - Oct 6 by Watford_Ranger

The decline of Cook this season worries me. Wouldn’t be the first player his age to deteriorate rapidly. Still back him with JCS one side and Dunne the other over the current line-up but yeah, not great at all.

Any defence behind the midfield playing as it is will struggle. No cover on the wings, no cover in the middle, no one capable of taking it off the defence and keeping it or progressing up the pitch. It’s painful how easy it is to play through us.

Totally agree

I think this style thing being implemented from above needs to have a massive bit of pragmatism added .

If allowed I'm sure Marti will be able to change it and revert back to what worked last season although he has a different squad at his disposal
Login to get fewer ads

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:51 - Oct 6 with 1911 viewsmart_Goblin

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:34 - Oct 6 by ParkRoyalR

They are polar opposites in how they defend,

First sign of danger and Dunne will try to snuff it out, too frequently leaving space behind,

First sign of danger and Cook will likely ignore the man in possession, drop too deep, with no space behind him granted, but too much in front of him as per 2nd goal yesterday,

Maybe JCS is a better balance of both the above schools of defending and maybe why our stats with him in the team are so much better.

I think Dunne could adjust quicker and he doesn’t really take a look to see where the guy is , but against Millwall you saw Dunne come across from right back to cover the middle for their goal , but Cook doesn’t do that at all . He is in no man’s land .
Both are struggling at the moment although Dunne just looked so much at ease when he returned to right back .

My complaints about Cook are more to do with his leadership and his desire to drag his team mates to bigger and better things .
Him turning his back and rolling his eyes at Varane after his sending off were so poor no matter what we might feel .
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:51 - Oct 6 with 1905 viewsNed_Kennedys

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:27 - Oct 6 by Watford_Ranger

Cook is normally the last line of defence whilst the likes of Paal, Dunne and Santos flounder.
Has saved us numerous times this season with last ditch tackles and headers.
This team would be much worse without him.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:58 - Oct 6 with 1851 viewsGaryBannister86

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:51 - Oct 6 by Ned_Kennedys

Cook is normally the last line of defence whilst the likes of Paal, Dunne and Santos flounder.

Totally agree. When the knives are coming out for Marti and Cook, we know we're in real trouble. Cook is our most important player in my view and remains so. Might not be in the greatest of form but he'll fire again.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:02 - Oct 6 with 1815 viewsessextaxiboy

For the first goal we have 11 players in the area , only one is marking a man properly
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:11 - Oct 6 with 1748 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:51 - Oct 6 by Ned_Kennedys

Agree. Just seems slower than last season and has made some silly errors after being close to perfect for much of the second half of last season. Not the main concern with this team by any means.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:18 - Oct 6 with 1721 viewsParkRoyalR

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 12:51 - Oct 6 by mart_Goblin

I think Dunne could adjust quicker and he doesn’t really take a look to see where the guy is , but against Millwall you saw Dunne come across from right back to cover the middle for their goal , but Cook doesn’t do that at all . He is in no man’s land .
Both are struggling at the moment although Dunne just looked so much at ease when he returned to right back .

My complaints about Cook are more to do with his leadership and his desire to drag his team mates to bigger and better things .
Him turning his back and rolling his eyes at Varane after his sending off were so poor no matter what we might feel .

Agree with all your points particularly the last one, seen this in Cook from Day 1 and really don't like it,

You're a senior pro, you've played at a higher level, if you want to point fingers & gesticulate do it throughout the 90 minutes, not after we bloody concede and you're looking to pass the buck.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:20 - Oct 6 with 1709 viewsHayesender

Really starting to question my sanity after yesterday. A full 19 hours between leaving my house to getting home, trains oversold and late, probably £200 lighter, and all to watch that excuse of a performance while Marti and his coaches stare at a computer screen.

Losing I can take, half arsed performances not so much

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:48 - Oct 6 with 1606 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:20 - Oct 6 by Hayesender

Really starting to question my sanity after yesterday. A full 19 hours between leaving my house to getting home, trains oversold and late, probably £200 lighter, and all to watch that excuse of a performance while Marti and his coaches stare at a computer screen.

Losing I can take, half arsed performances not so much

Stood up the whole way back on a train the driver refused to move out of Loughborough because of the number on it despite being far less crowded than your average commuter train. A rabble of QPR children screaming at each other the entire time while the parents sat there. Was a lovely sunny pre-match at least. Had Dunne’s slice under no pressure gone a yard either side of Nardi it could have well been another Watford/Southend away.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:56 - Oct 6 with 1561 viewsHayesender

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:48 - Oct 6 by Watford_Ranger

Stood up the whole way back on a train the driver refused to move out of Loughborough because of the number on it despite being far less crowded than your average commuter train. A rabble of QPR children screaming at each other the entire time while the parents sat there. Was a lovely sunny pre-match at least. Had Dunne’s slice under no pressure gone a yard either side of Nardi it could have well been another Watford/Southend away.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:29 - Oct 6 with 1431 viewsBurnleyhoop

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 08:32 - Oct 6 by QPROslo

Chair was terrible, clearly not fit yet.

Got to disagree, didn’t create any goal scoring opportunities but composed on the ball and rarely lost possession.

Different class to anything else out there. Hasn’t played for months, but will be up to speed far quicker than the rest of them. Will absolutely be key to turning this slump around.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 16:23 - Oct 6 with 1216 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:56 - Oct 6 by Hayesender

Bloke behind him has an uncanny resemblance to the snowman from ‘The Snowman’.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 20:43 - Oct 6 with 913 viewsmart_Goblin

1 more gripe about yesterday and I’ll shut up .

When Daniel Bennie heads that ball back across goal for someone ..anyone to simply tap home ..our 2 centre forwards stood still practically holding hands watching from outside the 6 yard box.

If that kind of chance doesn’t wet the juices of your strikers enough so they actually want and try to bundle the simplest chance over the line then we are bang in trouble.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 20:47 - Oct 6 with 897 viewsdmm

Something else to worry about

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 20:56 - Oct 6 with 858 viewsSonofpugwash

Just about sums it up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GZI3h4SW8AAc9V5?format=jpg&name=small

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024