Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frey 22:03 - Aug 30 with 15061 viewssilky

Deserves a thread. Thought he was absolutely tremendous tonight.

Think we were 2nd best as the whole performance goes but a much better 2nd half.

Frey, could of easily gone down for Masden goal and took his goal brilliantly, pressed when he could. 3 goals now.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Frey on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 7636 viewsingeminate

Saw him pre season and he looked fitter, sharper, better able to press. He gives everything, link up play is good and now he’s scoring. Making of a cult hero.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Frey on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 7637 viewsflynnbo

Brilliant tonight.
Frey on 22:06 - Aug 30 with 7638 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

He was absolutely immense in that second half. Unbelievable performance. It’s been a long long time since we had someone lead the front line like that. Never let them settle, everything stuck to him, progressed the ball, got in the box. What more could you ask for? 10/10 in the second half.
Frey on 22:07 - Aug 30 with 7539 viewsstrikerace

Boy did he make me eat my words, I take every bad thing I said back. Just a monster out there in the 2nd half. Without him we lose.
Frey on 22:07 - Aug 30 with 7550 viewssdm1508

Frey on 22:05 - Aug 30 by ingeminate

Saw him pre season and he looked fitter, sharper, better able to press. He gives everything, link up play is good and now he’s scoring. Making of a cult hero.

Looks more settled. Almost like he feels like the man now. Link up play was very good. Managed to sprint away from defenders. I'm now seeing more of the play that I saw on highlight reels of him when we were linked to him
Frey on 22:10 - Aug 30 with 7389 viewsnumptydumpty

Frey on 22:06 - Aug 30 by Padulas_Shampoo

He was absolutely immense in that second half. Unbelievable performance. It’s been a long long time since we had someone lead the front line like that. Never let them settle, everything stuck to him, progressed the ball, got in the box. What more could you ask for? 10/10 in the second half.

He walloped one in against Spurs in the friendly when offside but noticed his running all over the place then

Much fitter and centre forwards are a breed that seem to flourish when confident

Superb old school centre forward performance tonight

Fantastic

We have not had that kind of number nine for many years

Hope he keeps his form and remains fit too. Could be a key player this season if so.

Particularly as it seems we only have two number nines in our squad currently

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Frey on 22:10 - Aug 30 with 7383 viewsOakR

He's been good already this season, much changed form last, but today was another level.

Bullying defenders
Running at defenders
Holding up the ball
Winning headers
Laying the ball off well
Clever runs
Assist
Goal

Bloody hell! I am so pleased for him and us!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Frey on 22:11 - Aug 30 with 7362 viewsdavman

My lad has gone in early on Frey; convinced that he is THE MAN.

Tonight he feels that has been confirmed.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Frey on 22:11 - Aug 30 with 7355 viewssilky

Getting slight Helguson vibes from Frey

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Frey on 22:12 - Aug 30 with 7305 viewsnumptydumpty

Frey on 22:06 - Aug 30 by Padulas_Shampoo

He walloped one in against Spurs in the friendly when offside but noticed his running all over the place then

Much fitter and centre forwards are a breed that seem to flourish when confident

Superb old school centre forward performance tonight

Fantastic

We have not had that kind of number nine for many years

Hope he keeps his form and remains fit too. Could be a key player this season if so.

Particularly as it seems we only have two number nines in our squad currently

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Frey on 22:14 - Aug 30 with 7221 viewsBlackCrowe

MOM no question

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Frey on 22:14 - Aug 30 with 7204 viewsessextaxiboy

He has worked really hard through the summer to get properly fit , you could see last year he had the instinctive movement . Celar is adding a bit game by game too.
Frey on 22:15 - Aug 30 with 7185 viewsaston_hoop

Needs some proper respect on his name after that performance. Its 2 things for me, firstly his movement, he knows where he needs to be on the pitch. Secondly the way he uses his body, he knows how to dominate centre backs. A proper number 9

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Frey on 22:16 - Aug 30 with 7161 viewsDoudou87

Love his desire and determination, is it just me but he looks quick? His raw passion driving him beyond defenders.

Shout out to Dunne, didn’t let that OG affect him had a solid game, so too Field.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Frey on 22:16 - Aug 30 with 7139 viewsHAYESBOY

Colossal tonight. Led the line on his own working his nuts off for the team. Great assist for the first and a great finish for the second.
So pleased for him as he looks like he wants to do well for himself and the team.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Frey on 22:17 - Aug 30 with 7095 viewsbosh67

He's a bulldog bulldozer of a player. Horrible to play against, too strong for most defenders and he can actually put the ball in the net. Can see him fast becoming a cult hero here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frey on 22:19 - Aug 30 with 7006 viewsToast_R

He's certainly popular. Lots of QPR fans, myself included, are sporting for the Michael Frey hair style.
Frey on 22:20 - Aug 30 with 6984 viewsJimboqpr

If he carries on like this then what a bargain he could turn out to be!
Frey on 22:26 - Aug 30 with 6748 viewsHunterhoop

Frey on 22:15 - Aug 30 by aston_hoop

Needs some proper respect on his name after that performance. Its 2 things for me, firstly his movement, he knows where he needs to be on the pitch. Secondly the way he uses his body, he knows how to dominate centre backs. A proper number 9

Exactly. He may not be the quickest, but he knows how to play centre forward. His movement and anticipation is good. It was there for his first goal on his debut vs Norwich. You could see it then.

This season he is match fit and match sharp. He wasn’t last season. He’d not played football for over 6 months when he joined us. And then he picked up a niggle.

He’s fit now. He’s that bit quicker and sharper, and he’s so physical. Very hard to manhandle him. So the ball sticks well. And then he looks a proper striker in the box.

Note he did his own pre-season on his own dime, I believe, for two weeks before our pre-season started. The bloke is really making an effort. He’s the right sort.
Frey on 22:32 - Aug 30 with 6513 viewsjoolsyp

I know Clive hasn’t given a 9/10 for a while but if ever there’s a performance that deserved it it was Michi tonight. Best centre-forward performance from an R since …?

Lyndon who?
Frey on 22:34 - Aug 30 with 6409 viewsbosh67

Frey on 22:26 - Aug 30 by Hunterhoop

Exactly. He may not be the quickest, but he knows how to play centre forward. His movement and anticipation is good. It was there for his first goal on his debut vs Norwich. You could see it then.

This season he is match fit and match sharp. He wasn’t last season. He’d not played football for over 6 months when he joined us. And then he picked up a niggle.

He’s fit now. He’s that bit quicker and sharper, and he’s so physical. Very hard to manhandle him. So the ball sticks well. And then he looks a proper striker in the box.

Note he did his own pre-season on his own dime, I believe, for two weeks before our pre-season started. The bloke is really making an effort. He’s the right sort.

He's a lot quicker than we think.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frey on 22:39 - Aug 30 with 6223 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't want to divert into the "other" thread, but to be blunt so far this season he is doing everything that we wanted Dykes to do, but he didn't.

I make him first choice CF and I think both Celar and Lloyd will benefit from that, giving them time.
Frey on 22:40 - Aug 30 with 6214 viewsSK_hoops

Frey on 22:26 - Aug 30 by Hunterhoop

Now compare to some of the slackers we had before like Roberts, Richards, Dozzell etc... we don't seem to have any like that now and it's great to see.
Frey on 22:41 - Aug 30 with 6173 viewsdmm

The Swiss is on a roll.
Frey on 22:43 - Aug 30 with 6106 viewsterryb

Agree with everything on this thread, but I would like to add that Celar also looks to improve every time he steps on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024