Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retro chanting 13:15 - Aug 29 with 9101 viewsstevec

May I take this opportunity to thank those in the SAR who enhanced a very enjoyable evening at the Caraboa cup game with their rendition of ‘Luton Town, W*nk-W*nk-W*nk’ whenever there was a lull in the game.

Haven’t heard that one since circa 1974, and there were certainly some puzzled faces as it took off.
Quite addictive too, waiting this morning on an automated call found myself mumbling it away to myself.

As I’d have said, if I’d ever have been arsed to write into Points of View, More please.

I’m all in favour of the introduction of inane retro chanting when things get quiet.
Retro chanting on 18:52 - Aug 29 with 1599 viewsstowmarketrange

Retro chanting on 18:28 - Aug 29 by dmm

Not a chant either but let's bring back throwing bog rolls when we score. Loved that back in the day.

I always used to nick the spare bus ticket rolls from my bus journey to home games while the conductor was upstairs.
Retro chanting on 21:08 - Aug 29 with 1451 viewskernowhoop

Retro chanting on 18:28 - Aug 29 by dmm

Not a chant either but let's bring back throwing bog rolls when we score. Loved that back in the day.

This could lead to either
a) the ground being closed or
b) an entirely new (and distinctly different from the gambling industry) club sponsor. Andrex anyone?
Retro chanting on 21:15 - Aug 29 with 1429 viewsqprxtc

Who’s got a face like an old pigs arse?

Harvey, Harvey

David Harvey

David Harvey, David Harvey

David Harvey

V Leeds, December 1978 1-4 defeat. Freezing bloody cold but that chant warmed my eight year old heart.

He was an ugly old git.
Retro chanting on 21:22 - Aug 29 with 1398 viewsCiderwithRsie

Retro chanting on 16:55 - Aug 29 by kernowhoop

I remember 'You're Welsh and you know you are.'
We were playing Bristol City.
I was never sure if it was ignorance or some kind of irony.

Oh, I dunno, I don't live that far from Bristol and I get that completely.
Retro chanting on 21:26 - Aug 29 with 1382 viewsBlackCrowe

Retro chanting on 13:42 - Aug 29 by dannyblue

A young woman enjoyed starting it. Enthusiastically supported and extended by some older faces and I guess their kids in the back row.

It was relentless and embarrassing...it was always a sh!t chant but marginally less so when several hundered were singing it. With 4 or 5 pissed people droning it out, well...thank the lord i wasn't that close.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Retro chanting on 22:21 - Aug 29 with 1305 viewsguitarzan

Years ago someone I knew , not a qpr fan,used to take to matches, a half crown for his bus home and a penny to throw at the opposition goalie. One day he threw the half crown by mistake and had to walk home
Retro chanting on 22:35 - Aug 29 with 1287 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m pretty sure the Luton (hundreds?) sang that first the other night … but of course it would’ve been West London etc etc etc. And I thought jeez these throwbacks are still singing songs from the 70s.

A different song altogether but I remember being on the Jubilee Line one hot Saturday early August in a carriage full of tourists when a gang of drunk football supporters got on the train - more merry than anything else and started singing. I hadn’t realised it was the Charity Shield and I’m still not sure if they were Man City or Man Utd but they belted out full voice:

Ji-Sung wherever you may be
You eat dogs in your home country
But it could be worse you could be Scouse
Eating rats in your Council House

Just want to say I live in a Council House. I like dogs (but not eating them). In fact I’ve been a Vegetarian for decades. Also I once had a Korean girlfriend and I’m very fond of the city of Liverpool and it’s people but I thought wow what a song - working on so many levels. And then they all got off next stop - Baker Street for Wembley - and the tourists in the carriage just didn’t know what to make of it.
[Post edited 29 Aug 22:37]
Retro chanting on 23:19 - Aug 29 with 1220 viewsstowmarketrange

Retro chanting on 22:35 - Aug 29 by DannyPaddox

I’m pretty sure the Luton (hundreds?) sang that first the other night … but of course it would’ve been West London etc etc etc. And I thought jeez these throwbacks are still singing songs from the 70s.

A different song altogether but I remember being on the Jubilee Line one hot Saturday early August in a carriage full of tourists when a gang of drunk football supporters got on the train - more merry than anything else and started singing. I hadn’t realised it was the Charity Shield and I’m still not sure if they were Man City or Man Utd but they belted out full voice:

Ji-Sung wherever you may be
You eat dogs in your home country
But it could be worse you could be Scouse
Eating rats in your Council House

Just want to say I live in a Council House. I like dogs (but not eating them). In fact I’ve been a Vegetarian for decades. Also I once had a Korean girlfriend and I’m very fond of the city of Liverpool and it’s people but I thought wow what a song - working on so many levels. And then they all got off next stop - Baker Street for Wembley - and the tourists in the carriage just didn’t know what to make of it.
[Post edited 29 Aug 22:37]

When I visited Perth for the Ashes test a few years ago a group of us went into a Korean restaurant for a meal.We looked at menu and didn’t fancy chicken’s feet soup or the the North Korean army stew so we decided to go elsewhere.It might’ve been nice but we didn’t stay to find out.
Login to get fewer ads

Retro chanting on 23:48 - Aug 29 with 1186 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not sure it counts as retro but always winced slightly at the butchering of the English language during ‘yer dad’s yer mum’.

Goalkeeper Andy Warrington had the simple but lovely:
Andy Warrington
Andy Warrington
Andy Warrington
Andy fking Warrington
Retro chanting on 00:13 - Aug 30 with 1172 viewsFredManRave

"If you're all going to *enter shite northern town in the middle of nowhere here*, (with the game usually being payed midweek) clap your hands!

Also,has Marti ever had the"Blue & White Army" song. Simple and effective and used to go on for a very long time, at times.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Retro chanting on 01:31 - Aug 30 with 1125 viewsBenny_the_Ball

No visit to Anfield was complete without the obligatory:

"And you'll never get a job.
You'll neeeever get a job.
Sign on. Sign on.
With a pen in your hand."

As well as:

"Where's your hubcaps gone?
Where's your hubcaps gone?"
Retro chanting on 01:46 - Aug 30 with 1115 viewsBoston

Not a chant, but if you were on the terrace back then...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Retro chanting on 02:22 - Aug 30 with 1065 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Retro chanting on 01:31 - Aug 30 by Benny_the_Ball

No visit to Anfield was complete without the obligatory:

Sign on. Sign on.

As well as:

"Where's your hubcaps gone?
Where's your hubcaps gone?"

Away to them in 87/88 (the 4-0 defeat), we sang that:

Sign on. Sign on.

And they responded with:

(to the Cadbury Roses tune)

"Thank you very much for paying our giros,
Thank you very much,
Thank you very, very, very much.."

I laughed. Taught us a lesson.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Retro chanting on 02:29 - Aug 30 with 1056 viewsSydneyRs

Retro chanting on 14:20 - Aug 29 by stowmarketrange

How about a few chants of “You’re gonna get your f ucking heads kicked in” for when we concede a goal?

Interestingly the loudest I ever heard that one was in the 82 QF v Palace shortly after Clive Allen ran down to taunt the away end after scoring the late winner in front of the Loft. Definitely sounded like they meant it too.

Sprung to mind immediately when we drew them in the next round.
Retro chanting on 02:31 - Aug 30 with 1052 viewsSydneyRs

Retro chanting on 02:22 - Aug 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Away to them in 87/88 (the 4-0 defeat), we sang that:

Sign on. Sign on.

And they responded with:

(to the Cadbury Roses tune)

"Thank you very much for paying our giros,
Thank you very much,
Thank you very, very, very much.."

I laughed. Taught us a lesson.

"did the social pay your fare" was an old one when northern teams visited.
Retro chanting on 03:32 - Aug 30 with 1013 viewsurrrrssss

If I had the wings of a Sparrow
If II had the Arse of a Crow
I'd Fly over Chelsea tomorrow
& Shit on them Bastards below
Shit on
shit on
I'd Shit on them Bastards below
Retro chanting on 03:33 - Aug 30 with 1011 viewsurrrrssss

Retro chanting on 03:32 - Aug 30 by urrrrssss

If I had the wings of a Sparrow
If II had the Arse of a Crow
I'd Fly over Chelsea tomorrow
& Shit on them Bastards below
Shit on
shit on
I'd Shit on them Bastards below

Your going home in a F..... Ambulance
Retro chanting on 07:30 - Aug 30 with 917 viewsqprxtc

If you can’t talk proper, shut yer mouf.
Retro chanting on 07:34 - Aug 30 with 916 viewsstevec

Retro chanting on 00:13 - Aug 30 by FredManRave

"If you're all going to *enter shite northern town in the middle of nowhere here*, (with the game usually being payed midweek) clap your hands!

Also,has Marti ever had the"Blue & White Army" song. Simple and effective and used to go on for a very long time, at times.

The Terry Venables version on a dark misty winters afternoon in Cambridge was memorable, went on for about half an hour.

Same syllables for Marti so works perfect. Reckon we should have a go after the clocks go back.
Retro chanting on 08:54 - Aug 30 with 823 viewsCiderwithRsie

Has Dembele got one yet?

If he carries on like this, and given that according to the Blackpool bloke he's known as Kaddy, it seems like there's a risk of the most retro of all QPR chants - "Kad-dee, Kad-dee"
Retro chanting on 09:04 - Aug 30 with 808 viewsLancashirehoop

Retro chanting on 15:19 - Aug 29 by BklynRanger

I'd like to see the 'northern scum' song used more on anyone even slightly north, thus questioning the parental origins of people in Watford, Luton, Oxford and Norwich (again).
[Post edited 29 Aug 15:50]

As a Lancashire born and bred R's fan I do chuckle everytime 'If you can't towk proppa shat your marf' is sung.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Retro chanting on 09:10 - Aug 30 with 787 viewsloftus77

Retro chanting on 14:46 - Aug 29 by losethedrum

Used to love the simple "RANGERS - clap clap clap" roar in the early /mid 70's mostly because the seated stands would join in & not just the Loft terrace .
Understand this would probably not be popular now as it fails to slag off the opposition & served only to get right behind the team , oh wait a minute.......

Agree. Always the most stirring chant back in the day.
Retro chanting on 09:13 - Aug 30 with 781 viewshoops_legend

Never been a big fan of chanting abuse at opposition fans. Even if it’s just banter - why do this when you know there are probably knuckle heads nearby you who actually think that way.

I prefer to support our team and given the opposition fans some banter. But maybe I am too PC

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Retro chanting on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 724 viewsjtuck

I enjoyed fans in the Loft singing 'You've got a shit F-ing haircut' to Tatith Chong before his penalty miss and then giving him a reprise afterward. 12th Man that is, right there!

Also back in the day Fake Hoops fans chanted at our left back Brevett 'Rufus is a dog's name'...rude, annoying but also funny.

LAranger

Retro chanting on 09:42 - Aug 30 with 688 viewsQPR_Hibs

"That's Why You're Going Down."

Haven't heard us sing this in a while - probably because we always seem to lose to the relegation candidates.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024