Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duff and the gangster yanks 16:49 - Dec 2 with 5851 viewsChippy69

Please hoof off your no use to this club
Duff your out of your depth sitting on the bench looking at your trainers
Most of the game
Coal man and mates hope your enjoying your jolly and draining the funds
Of my football club
YOU REALLY ARE CHARLATANS
PISS OFF

This post has been edited by an administrator

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Duff and the gangster yanks on 22:33 - Dec 3 with 816 viewsReslovenSwan1

Duff and the gangster yanks on 20:56 - Dec 3 by jack247

I was glad when Martin went, but let’s be realistic here.

Obafemi had form at Southampton, attitude issues here and went on strike.

Neither Cooper nor Martin wanted Whittaker. I doubt that was down to talent. He also went on strike and asked for a move even after Martin had left.

Joseph is in league one and not playing very much.

Piroe had 40 goals in 2 seasons.

Cullen did better last year then he has so far this (due to not being played on the wing/up front on his own)

I didn’t think Cundle got the credit he deserved here.

Paterson has certainly been much better under Duff. I’d have been happy for him to go in the summer. He’s a key player now.

I’d be very surprised if we spent £3-5m on one player in January. Celina aside, I don’t think we’ve done that since the PL?

Obafemi has form but Martin had a job to do. Obafemi might be "unmanageable" but I doubt it. Whittaker has had no issues at Plymouth as far as can be seen. The manager there knows how to get the best out of him. Patterson is performing for Duff.

Managers are extremely well paid and are expected to deal with awkward characters. Potter got the best out of McBurnie who seems also to be part of the 'Awkward Squad'. Potter got him playing ad explained his frequent absences as an "excess of late night gaming". The club were able to move him on for a whopping £18m.

Swansea a have always had big hitter up top OMcB, Ayew, Ayew, Piroe, Piroe, (Yates). Yates is not in the same class. Piroe, Whittaker Ncham £14m rising to £20m. Watson is not here to make Ordinary joe signings like Tymon and Pedersen. He needs a budget.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Duff and the gangster yanks on 22:44 - Dec 3 with 797 viewsjack247

Duff and the gangster yanks on 22:33 - Dec 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Obafemi has form but Martin had a job to do. Obafemi might be "unmanageable" but I doubt it. Whittaker has had no issues at Plymouth as far as can be seen. The manager there knows how to get the best out of him. Patterson is performing for Duff.

Managers are extremely well paid and are expected to deal with awkward characters. Potter got the best out of McBurnie who seems also to be part of the 'Awkward Squad'. Potter got him playing ad explained his frequent absences as an "excess of late night gaming". The club were able to move him on for a whopping £18m.

Swansea a have always had big hitter up top OMcB, Ayew, Ayew, Piroe, Piroe, (Yates). Yates is not in the same class. Piroe, Whittaker Ncham £14m rising to £20m. Watson is not here to make Ordinary joe signings like Tymon and Pedersen. He needs a budget.

I’m not trying to pretend Martin didn’t fall out with players. Paterson is a classic example. You don’t hear any ‘bad apple’ stories about him any more. He looks like he’s enjoying his football more and grafting far more than he used to.

Yates isn’t in the same class as Piroe agreed. If you keep signing players for 20/30% of what you sold their predecessor for, you’ll get the odd diamond, but more often than not, you’ll downgrade.

Having said that, Yates doesn’t appear to be half the player he was at Blackpool. Piroe was anonymous in the couple of games he had for us this season. Who do you pin that on?

Watson is presumably here to do what he did at Luton. Not to spend £5m on marquee signings.
Duff and the gangster yanks on 23:35 - Dec 3 with 776 viewsReslovenSwan1

Duff and the gangster yanks on 22:44 - Dec 3 by jack247

I’m not trying to pretend Martin didn’t fall out with players. Paterson is a classic example. You don’t hear any ‘bad apple’ stories about him any more. He looks like he’s enjoying his football more and grafting far more than he used to.

Yates isn’t in the same class as Piroe agreed. If you keep signing players for 20/30% of what you sold their predecessor for, you’ll get the odd diamond, but more often than not, you’ll downgrade.

Having said that, Yates doesn’t appear to be half the player he was at Blackpool. Piroe was anonymous in the couple of games he had for us this season. Who do you pin that on?

Watson is presumably here to do what he did at Luton. Not to spend £5m on marquee signings.

Piroe wanted out. Not sure he was ever going to sign a new deal. The telephone celebration of "please call my agent" seems to have gone at Leeds. Perhaps he think he will be in the PL next season.

Swansea have consistently upto now replaced top forward with other top forwards. This season Yates has not cut the mustard and probably never will. The same goes for Cullen and Lowe. Duff is suffering because of this. He may not even have a loan option of a top young loan talent. Do the loans have send back options?

Watson must find a good quality strong forward with or without a budget. If he has no budget no one will blame him if he finds duds from League 2. Even Watters cost over £1m. I would not be surprised if Al Hammdi came back. He is in the £1m-£2m bracket and another huge risk.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 23:40]

Duff and the gangster yanks on 07:31 - Dec 4 with 721 viewsjack247

Duff and the gangster yanks on 23:35 - Dec 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Piroe wanted out. Not sure he was ever going to sign a new deal. The telephone celebration of "please call my agent" seems to have gone at Leeds. Perhaps he think he will be in the PL next season.

Swansea have consistently upto now replaced top forward with other top forwards. This season Yates has not cut the mustard and probably never will. The same goes for Cullen and Lowe. Duff is suffering because of this. He may not even have a loan option of a top young loan talent. Do the loans have send back options?

Watson must find a good quality strong forward with or without a budget. If he has no budget no one will blame him if he finds duds from League 2. Even Watters cost over £1m. I would not be surprised if Al Hammdi came back. He is in the £1m-£2m bracket and another huge risk.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 23:40]

Piroe wanted out from halfway through his first season. He was still professional and effective. Handful of anonymous games in August, then he goes to Leeds and he’s back on it.

Yates doesn’t look anything like a 15 goals season striker under Duff, but then again neither did Piroe.

Last paragraph yes, I wasn’t disagreeing with you on that, I was saying he was saying he was unlikely to get the £3-£5m you quoted earlier. Maybe (probably) Yates or Cullen would be much better in a pair with Kukharevych . Maybe he’s the man who can play Duffs system effectively. Maybe Lowe and Bolasie would work playing like Lowe and Ayew..

He’s already got options, he just hasn’t used them yet.
Duff and the gangster yanks on 09:29 - Dec 4 with 667 viewsonehunglow

Duff and the gangster yanks on 07:31 - Dec 4 by jack247

Piroe wanted out from halfway through his first season. He was still professional and effective. Handful of anonymous games in August, then he goes to Leeds and he’s back on it.

Yates doesn’t look anything like a 15 goals season striker under Duff, but then again neither did Piroe.

Last paragraph yes, I wasn’t disagreeing with you on that, I was saying he was saying he was unlikely to get the £3-£5m you quoted earlier. Maybe (probably) Yates or Cullen would be much better in a pair with Kukharevych . Maybe he’s the man who can play Duffs system effectively. Maybe Lowe and Bolasie would work playing like Lowe and Ayew..

He’s already got options, he just hasn’t used them yet.

Yes,seems the former coach and he did not really see eye to eye.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Duff and the gangster yanks on 09:47 - Dec 4 with 666 viewsjack247

Duff and the gangster yanks on 09:29 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Yes,seems the former coach and he did not really see eye to eye.

Don’t doubt that for a second. Martin fell out with a few.

He did manage to get 20 goals a season out of Piroe though, as Neil Critchley got 15 out of Jerry Yates. Over to Duff.
Duff and the gangster yanks on 09:52 - Dec 4 with 657 viewsonehunglow

Duff and the gangster yanks on 09:47 - Dec 4 by jack247

He did manage to get 20 goals a season out of Piroe though, as Neil Critchley got 15 out of Jerry Yates. Over to Duff.

Morning 247.
I went to a Preston away game and found he hadn’t travelled. Apparently been a naughty boy .
Cullen played in midfield
Something smelt to me even at that early stage .
I never got over it really and all the fisting seemed unnatural and staged .
Duff ,however ,seems flat and flaccid and has not connected with the fan base at all. When he leaves ,I would suggest few will miss him.
I hope I’m wrong and he comes through and rams words down our gobs.
Nothing would be better

Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:02 - Dec 4 with 658 viewsjack247

Duff and the gangster yanks on 09:52 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Morning 247.
I went to a Preston away game and found he hadn’t travelled. Apparently been a naughty boy .
Cullen played in midfield
Something smelt to me even at that early stage .
I never got over it really and all the fisting seemed unnatural and staged .
Duff ,however ,seems flat and flaccid and has not connected with the fan base at all. When he leaves ,I would suggest few will miss him.
I hope I’m wrong and he comes through and rams words down our gobs.
Nothing would be better

Yes, you’re absolutely right. Best case scenario is Duff turns it around and gets this group of players playing closer to their potential.

Maybe Bolasie will be the Ginelly replacement that allows him to play the way he wants.

Personally, I think he’s the weakest manager we’ve had for some time
Login to get fewer ads

Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:23 - Dec 4 with 654 viewsWhiterockin

Duff and the gangster yanks on 09:47 - Dec 4 by jack247

I think we need to analyse Yates at Blackpool and look beyond the basic goals scored. If we look at the two seasons he played in the Championship in season 21/22 he made 39 appearances and scored 8 goals. Season 22/23 he made 41 appearances and scored 14 goals 3 of which were penalties so he scored 11 not from the spot. The period all of November through to the end of the season, he only scored 2 goals that were not penalties. When you look at it in more detail, he is not what I would call a prolific goalscorer.
Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:32 - Dec 4 with 639 viewsonehunglow

Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:23 - Dec 4 by Whiterockin

I think we need to analyse Yates at Blackpool and look beyond the basic goals scored. If we look at the two seasons he played in the Championship in season 21/22 he made 39 appearances and scored 8 goals. Season 22/23 he made 41 appearances and scored 14 goals 3 of which were penalties so he scored 11 not from the spot. The period all of November through to the end of the season, he only scored 2 goals that were not penalties. When you look at it in more detail, he is not what I would call a prolific goalscorer.

Bigger problem is the longer he stays with us ,it will be harder to ship him out.
We have lost good money here and questions are rightly being asked of those who source us players

Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:37 - Dec 4 with 641 viewsjack247

Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:23 - Dec 4 by Whiterockin

Look at the actual goals. He’s a poacher. Ignoring the penalties, there are a couple he’s created himself from very little, but the majority are from gambling on runs and being in the right position.

What I don’t know, is how much influence he had on games outside of that.

He doesn’t appear to be up front on his own in any of them.
Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:56 - Dec 4 with 621 viewsWhiterockin

Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:37 - Dec 4 by jack247

Look at the actual goals. He’s a poacher. Ignoring the penalties, there are a couple he’s created himself from very little, but the majority are from gambling on runs and being in the right position.

What I don’t know, is how much influence he had on games outside of that.

He doesn’t appear to be up front on his own in any of them.

Four last season were with his head, I don't see us whipping in any crosses to him.
Duff and the gangster yanks on 11:40 - Dec 4 with 607 viewsjack247

Duff and the gangster yanks on 10:56 - Dec 4 by Whiterockin

Four last season were with his head, I don't see us whipping in any crosses to him.

This is exactly it. Either play him to his strengths or don’t play him. Even if we do whip crosses in, he’s not going to win many headers if he’s competing against two centre backs. Play him with Kukharevych and he’s got a chance.

I think I’d prefer a Lowe, Bolasie partnership though.
Duff and the gangster yanks on 15:27 - Dec 4 with 524 viewsReslovenSwan1

Duff and the gangster yanks on 11:40 - Dec 4 by jack247

This is exactly it. Either play him to his strengths or don’t play him. Even if we do whip crosses in, he’s not going to win many headers if he’s competing against two centre backs. Play him with Kukharevych and he’s got a chance.

I think I’d prefer a Lowe, Bolasie partnership though.

The two winger option. Clearly not enough goals and designed for a counter attacking game Swansea do not play. .
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 15:28]

Duff and the gangster yanks on 15:47 - Dec 4 with 518 viewsjack247

Duff and the gangster yanks on 15:27 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The two winger option. Clearly not enough goals and designed for a counter attacking game Swansea do not play. .
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 15:28]

A fast, direct, counter attacking game was exactly what Duff said he wanted to play when he first arrived.

We didn’t score many under Cooper, but we also didn’t concede many and reached the playoffs twice.

I’m open to better suggestions.
Duff and the gangster yanks on 21:01 - Dec 4 with 458 viewsScotia

He's gone.

Didn't see that coming so quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024