Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick London gone! 14:59 - Nov 25 with 36731 viewsjtuck

Don't know why but stream just started with that.

Andy Sinton still co-comms.

Some guy called Billy Wright main comms.

LAranger

Nick London gone! on 15:14 - Nov 26 with 8143 viewsBoston

I was listening to 'that' broadcast and his comments did register as strange, interesting with me at the time. I was waiting for some additional snippets, but none came. Am I right in thinking there was a slight cautionary murmer from Andy Sinton following his bullying reference?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nick London gone! on 15:15 - Nov 26 with 8159 viewsMichael_Hunt2

Nick London gone! on 14:44 - Nov 26 by paulhoop2

Only job advertised on LinkedIn is head of ops ?

The departed head of Ops was totally useless IMHO.

Before the Sunderland home game I'd parked up in Bloemfontein when my parked car was side swiped by a silver van causing some minor damage. The driver came straight back, apologised profusely and explained that he was a chief steward of more than 25 years at the club and that it was a club van which he'd been racing to get to SA Road to shut it to traffic. As I say the bloke couldn't have been nicer and assured me that I'd hear from the club on Monday.
Needless to say that didn't happen and despite two phone calls where I spoke to the same club secretary who was going to chase Ops up I never heard anything, so sadly I had to go through my insurance company and luckily as my dash cam had been running I was able to get the repair done at no expense, but if the Ops people had been in touch this could've cost a lot less and there would have been no need for Insurance involvement.
Nick London gone! on 15:39 - Nov 26 with 8014 viewsJeff

Correct.

Can we not knock it?

Nick London gone! on 15:58 - Nov 26 with 7912 viewsNorthLondonR

Nick London gone! on 15:39 - Nov 26 by Jeff

Correct.

Can we start a campaign #ReinstateLondon? I will admit that I shamefully wrote on here that I didn't rate him after my first lockdown dalliance with iFollow, but he's become part and parcel of the match day experience and I've grown to love him...

Nick London, Nick London
Pretty sure he's nothing to be scared of
Don't you ever, don't you ever
Don't you ever tell me that's he cancelled.
Nick London gone! on 16:10 - Nov 26 with 7827 viewsBoston

Nick London gone! on 15:58 - Nov 26 by NorthLondonR

Can we start a campaign #ReinstateLondon? I will admit that I shamefully wrote on here that I didn't rate him after my first lockdown dalliance with iFollow, but he's become part and parcel of the match day experience and I've grown to love him...

Nick London, Nick London
Pretty sure he's nothing to be scared of
Don't you ever, don't you ever
Don't you ever tell me that's he cancelled.

London Calling...the play by play.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nick London gone! on 16:36 - Nov 26 with 7708 viewsHeadington

Very sad to see him go. Nick and Andy were a terrific duo. Couldn't they have just given him a yellow or a three match suspension?
Nick London gone! on 16:38 - Nov 26 with 7690 viewscolinallcars

Head Of Oops would be more apt.
Nick London gone! on 16:39 - Nov 26 with 7694 viewsHeadington

One of the things he was particularly good at was an awareness that coverage was for both TV and audio. Billy Rice didn't seem to have that yesterday. Listening to the audio it was difficult to know what was happening a lot of the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Nick London gone! on 16:54 - Nov 26 with 7589 viewscheesy

Nick London gone! on 16:39 - Nov 26 by Headington

One of the things he was particularly good at was an awareness that coverage was for both TV and audio. Billy Rice didn't seem to have that yesterday. Listening to the audio it was difficult to know what was happening a lot of the time.

I thought the same whilst watching the match but it can’t be an easy thing to do. I think Andy helped him get through it and I am sure he will get better in time.
Nick London gone! on 19:39 - Nov 26 with 7156 viewsGloryHunter

Nick London gone! on 14:24 - Nov 26 by QPRSteve

Thanks for that Clive.

I think we should all let the club know of our displeasure regarding this. We need a reinstate Nick London campaign.

Yes, we need a petition to reinstate Nick. Hoos has misjudged this massively.
Nick London gone! on 00:33 - Nov 27 with 6588 viewsPunteR

So is this bullying between Ainsworth and Willock? .

I wouldn't know anything about these alleged rumors and speculating on a public forum if the club didn't sack off London.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nick London gone! on 03:22 - Nov 27 with 6486 viewsDannyPaddox

Panic on the streams of London

Seriously … Clive, you say say it’s obvious what’s going on here … I’ve got no fcuking idea.

I wonder to myself

Btw … I’m either at the games or working so rarely listen to the comms but when I do, Nick London is brilliant. I could recite the Eze at Stoke goal. Especially the bit that goes Eze … Eeeeezzzeeeee!!!
Nick London gone! on 09:48 - Nov 27 with 6173 viewsdaveB

It's a shame he's gone, did miss him watching the stream on Saturday but as Clive said it's a bit of a tricky one and a silly mistake to make

Billy Rice was good at the weekend, obviously a bit nervous and trying to find his feet but brought back some nostalgia from the early 00's and like Nick London he's a massive QPR fan and a regular at games as a fan normally so hopefully fans are not abusive towards him as they were with Nick London at times
Nick London gone! on 17:05 - Nov 27 with 5619 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Thanks, Clive, for shedding some light on the issue. Seems a bit odd that someone who would occasionally contact you with guidance and advice would suddenly experience a moment of madness and elect to air such grievances during match commentary. If true, Nick can have little complaint about losing the role. Hopefully in the fullness of time we'll learn the truth of the matter. In the meantime, welcome back Billy.
Nick London gone! on 21:25 - Nov 30 with 4583 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Nick London gone! on 08:25 - Dec 1 with 4123 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Nick London gone! on 14:11 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Ok well look I'll say as much as I think I can legally…

Headline - yes, he's been 'let go'. These gigs are freelance, paid match by match, so it's not like sacking somebody, you just tell them 'your services are no longer required' or 'we'll no longer be using you'. Very relieved to hear Billy Rice got the call yesterday because there are certain other candidates for that job which really would have made this fcking dire season even more unbearable having them describe it.

Disclaimer/declaration of interest - I've got to know Nick a bit over the last few years since we did a piece for our Patreon with him and Andy on the gantry for a game against Reading. Whether you like his commentary or not he's a top fella, really couldn't do enough for me that day, and has occasionally been on hand since with sound advice, points of view I hadn't thought of while ranting on, and at times some thoughtful criticism of what I've said (I could expect a phone call whenever I chucked in a lazy cliché like ‘blooding youngsters’ – “do you know what that actually means…”) He's absolutely QPR through and through, loves the club as we all do. And I think his style, mannerisms, the Accidental Partridge stuff, screaming at Patrick Bamford while sitting right in the middle of the home press box at Elland Road... I don't know, it's a club of eccentrics ours, and it's people like him that make QPR what it is I think.

Details - I obviously didn't hear the Bristol City commentary because I was there in person enjoying the feast of football served up live. But I did see the Tweet by Steve Sayce afterwards and gather that, while Steve didn't, Nick did indeed name a non-football-side member of staff at the club who'd left and that bullying allegations had been made, amidst a riff about all the changes that had happened at the club recently. I’ve been through the full 90 on the official website looking for the comment and it’s been chopped.

Now both of those things are definitely true separately. That member of staff has left the club. And bullying complaints were raised against them - I’m sure you can put two and two together here and work out who that was. The club have obviously decided Nick intimated one had happened because of the other, Nick’s defence might be he never said that specifically he just said two separate statements that are undeniably true.

Now, as Baz absolutely, rightly says above, IF bullying has been going on, and the club hasn’t dealt with it adequately, or swept it under the carpet, or just agreed to shake hands and go separate ways, or whatever (I’m speculating here, I don’t know the answer) then morally what’s the bigger problem – that, or somebody saying that? You’d rather side with the whistleblower than the bully, right? I’m sure we’ll see our club making the most of PR opportunities presented by things like “Anti Bullying Week” in the future…

However, in the modern, highly litigious, age we live in, with libel laws so ridiculously draconian and OTT in this country that rich people from all over the world come here to raise their cases, voicing an internal disciplinary matter in a public broadcast is always going to be… problematic. IF (again, speculation), for instance, the club has agreed to shake hands with this employee and let them leave with his record clean in exchange for signing an NDA, and then you’ve got the official club channel broadcasting the allegations anyway, then whatever you think of how we’ve gone about it that puts the club in an awkward legal position. Or, IF a full and fair process was followed on the allegations, they were found unproven, and then you’ve got somebody broadcasting them anyway because they feel disgruntled about the process… then, again, legal minefield, and very unfair on that person to have it levelled against them publicly when they'd been found to have done nothing wrong. In any subsequent action the club would have to show it acted immediately and would want to frame it as one rogue freelancer mouthing off.

Perhaps Nick just thought ‘sod the job, it needs saying’, which personally I think you’d have to admire because I know how much he adored doing the role. Or perhaps he genuinely thought he’d put enough distance between the two sentences for it to be fine – bit naïve in this climate like I say above, but still... I mean, now he doesn’t work there I guess there’s nothing to stop him registering on here and speaking for himself – I know he does/did read this board.

Overall, I think it’s a real shame. Nick's a very interesting fella, great company, with some fantastic stories to tell. We basically all followed QPR through him and Andy for two years when the government locked us in our homes. I’ll never forget the ‘rule of six’ dissolving in the garden at The Crown and Sceptre, with Scotch eggs flying everywhere, after this particular beauty…

Another piece of bad news to come out of the club. Another thing making the QPR experience ever so slightly worse. Another QPR person leaving QPR.

And, personally, while I know he wasn’t to everybody’s taste, I shall miss his commentary which I thought suited the club and the role of club commentator very well. But then I guess I would say that wouldn’t I.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Bit silly and unprofessional to speak about something like that on a live commentary, considering nothing has been officially announced and it was (I assume) a member of staff who wasn't part of the footballing side (so therefore why mention it during comms?).
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 8:35]
Nick London gone! on 12:03 - Dec 1 with 3745 viewsLazyFan

I am surprised he did not get in trouble for calling Bamford a cheat when he fell over and Asmir got sent off. He went on and on about Bamford cheating.

From what I saw Bamford fell over as he bottled it and Asmir as we know never touched him. It was all a calamity of nothingness. I even think Bamford was trying to tell the ref that he was not fouled. But maybe I was imagining that part as I am the only one who thought it.

Yet Nick London went on and on about his "Cheating" and "he's a cheat" so, was constantly aghast about it. Sinton was smarter and played it down a lot. It made little difference to the result and Asmir got the red rescinded anyway.

I think what has made a greater difference for us than Bamfords so-called cheating was Asmir's rescinded red. Freeman once said we had more letters of apologies from refs than any other team. We must be up there now I would assume once again. This gets around the Refs and now I am seeing the fruits of that where we get that mythical event know as ... a penalty!
And Dykes scored it.

Witchcraft I say ... Witchcraft

zzzzzzzzzz

Nick London gone! on 13:25 - Dec 1 with 3469 viewsDavieQPR

If he said this publicly one wonders what else he had been saying off camera?
Nick London gone! on 14:35 - Dec 1 with 3279 viewsCLAREMAN1995

No going to comment about any bullying or rumours but its a real shame Nick London was not calling that second half Tuesday IMO.
After the misery he had to endure for the last 12 months ,trying to keep it entertaining he would have been hanging out the window with excitement when Dykes equalized then the fireworks later .
Best of luck to him going forward hopefully he gets hired right away .
Andy Sinton is QPR true and true but his voice strains very easily IMO even making regular comments but its fine when he screams Yeeeeeessssss
Nick London gone! on 15:17 - Dec 1 with 3154 viewsmart_Goblin

Nick London gone! on 14:35 - Dec 1 by CLAREMAN1995

No going to comment about any bullying or rumours but its a real shame Nick London was not calling that second half Tuesday IMO.
After the misery he had to endure for the last 12 months ,trying to keep it entertaining he would have been hanging out the window with excitement when Dykes equalized then the fireworks later .
Best of luck to him going forward hopefully he gets hired right away .
Andy Sinton is QPR true and true but his voice strains very easily IMO even making regular comments but its fine when he screams Yeeeeeessssss

Yes I do agree. He would have been a great listen during the come back .

I won’t comment directly either but heard more from the club side of things and he didn’t do himself any favours at all …if true
Nick London gone! on 20:55 - Dec 1 with 2911 viewsQPunkR

Only just catching up on this. I'm in Switzerland (or Luxembourg tonight...) and Nick has truly become as much part of my matchday QPR experience as being despondent at our useless team and drinking too early. It just hasn't been the same without him the past couple of games

QPR - "shit but local"

Nick London gone! on 22:16 - Dec 1 with 2802 viewsDylanP

Wasnt Billy Wright the comms man before Nick London? Or was that Billy Rice? Or is that the same person and I am misremembering the name? Anyone?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Nick London gone! on 22:18 - Dec 1 with 2781 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nick London gone! on 22:16 - Dec 1 by DylanP

Wasnt Billy Wright the comms man before Nick London? Or was that Billy Rice? Or is that the same person and I am misremembering the name? Anyone?

That was Billy Rice, who was our media guy before Moz, in the halcyon Ollie days.

Bare bones.

Nick London gone! on 08:39 - Dec 2 with 2509 viewsQPunkR

Nick London gone! on 22:18 - Dec 1 by Antti_Heinola

That was Billy Rice, who was our media guy before Moz, in the halcyon Ollie days.

Yeah used to do the stilted roundup commentary on the season review DVDs (they’re what we had before YouTube, kids)

QPR - "shit but local"

Nick London gone! on 08:50 - Dec 2 with 2460 viewsstevec

Our form has definitely improved since he left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024