Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FGR 09:44 - Jul 5 with 15433 viewsloftboy

Appoint a female manager, social media already full of full on sexist comments, surely if she has the qualifications and the confidence to do the job then that’s all that matters?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

FGR on 00:17 - Jul 6 with 2551 viewsFredManRave

FGR on 22:36 - Jul 5 by ChrisNW6

Think it's gone now, but you might want to work on your LFW avatar, I think if you walked into a pub I'd recognise you from that 😁

Said the same to ted_hendrix, just the other week...
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 0:18]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

FGR on 01:12 - Jul 6 with 2470 viewsBoston

FGR on 22:58 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s the motivation rather than the method that concerns me really.

Just took a quick peek back in time - it is over twenty years since I had a minor spat with a QPR Board Owner / Moderator. He peed me off, spoke in a way to which I took umbrage. A little bit of back and forth convinced me that he may not be aware of how thin a veil the anonymity of the internet is.
Took me about an hour to provide him with his ...
real name
age / d.o.b.
place of birth
where he grew up
where he went to school
university
girlfriend at university
address off campus
current occupation
current home
salary
pictures of his street.
and a couple of other things.

We concluded our spat, it was juvenile bs anyway and too be truthful, the ease at producing this info concerned me enough that I've never been much of a social media type.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FGR on 01:51 - Jul 6 with 2452 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FGR on 01:12 - Jul 6 by Boston

Just took a quick peek back in time - it is over twenty years since I had a minor spat with a QPR Board Owner / Moderator. He peed me off, spoke in a way to which I took umbrage. A little bit of back and forth convinced me that he may not be aware of how thin a veil the anonymity of the internet is.
real name
age / d.o.b.
place of birth
where he grew up
where he went to school
university
girlfriend at university
address off campus
current occupation
current home
salary
pictures of his street.

We concluded our spat, it was juvenile bs anyway and too be truthful, the ease at producing this info concerned me enough that I've never been much of a social media type.

It’s not justified mate, even if I am an obnoxious shit with dubious internet security.
FGR on 03:50 - Jul 6 with 2410 viewsMatch82

FGR on 11:52 - Jul 5 by Sakura

What makes you so confident to say that? Women's football is just such a low standard so although I know nothing about her I find it hard to take that comment seriously

Women's football is not even U15's Boys standard. FC Dallas U15's beat US Women's team 5-2. They were the current World Champions

And just recently a Wrexham team beat them 12-0 with Lee Trundle scoring4 goals

What makes her so elite compared to any of the thousands of academy coaches out there operating at the same or a higher standard of football. Like QPR U16's for example
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 11:54]

"What makes her so elite compared to any of the thousands of academy coaches out there operating at the same or a higher standard of football. Like QPR U16's for example"

None of them have won an international tournament?
FGR on 06:56 - Jul 6 with 2328 viewsChrisNW6

FGR on 01:12 - Jul 6 by Boston

real name
age / d.o.b.
place of birth
where he grew up
where he went to school
university
girlfriend at university
address off campus
current occupation
current home
salary
pictures of his street.

That's obviously not difficult nowadays once you have someone's name and a rudimental knowledge of Google. The posting of the pic yesterday was pre meditated and out of order, rightly been sorted now.
FGR on 07:10 - Jul 6 with 2301 viewsdistortR

FGR on 00:16 - Jul 6 by FredManRave

If you're the one on the left, you'll be inducted in to the "Women you Fancy But Probably Shouldn't" thread of fame.

For you, I'm the one on the left.

And I'm thrilled, it's quite the accolade, thank you Fred! (You've got p.m)
FGR on 07:14 - Jul 6 with 2293 viewsdistortR

FGR on 01:51 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s not justified mate, even if I am an obnoxious shit with dubious internet security.

Ah, but at least you're a self-aware obnoxious shit with dubious internet security!

Might ask Boston to research me, I can't remember half that shit from my own life! But no pictures, it's going well with Fred at the moment, don't want to ruin what we've got.
FGR on 08:24 - Jul 6 with 2221 viewsnix

FGR on 17:31 - Jul 5 by Benny_the_Ball

I've no issue with a female managing a male team. Good luck to Hannah Dingley. However, let's not pretend that the standard of the women's game is high. Compared to their male counterparts, the WPL is non-league at best.

I don't really understand why this is part of the discussion. I haven't heard any women in sport say any differently. It's not some gotcha point. Serena Williams actually called women's tennis a different sport than men's tennis. Women are not under any illusions that they can compete at that level just because of the obvious differences in physicality: strength, power, speed etc.

However, management doesn't require physicality. Mourinho for instance didn't play football at a high level but could manage at the highest levels. Stephen Gerrard was an excellent footballer. Not such a great manager.

The number of aspects that a manager has to consider are what counts towards success: fitness, psychological strength and insight, blending players into a team, nutrition, technical skills, tactical insights, charisma and leadership, will to win etc. If I had to guess, I'd say that Sarina Weigman can offer more in some of these areas than for instance Harry Redknapp, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Steve MacLaren and even Mr Gobby Michael Beale. Our players weren't fit for instance under him and he mismanaged bringing them back after injuries, leading to longer term issues.

I don't know whether the best male manager would be better than the best female manager, that's up for debate, and might include having played men's football at a certain level (and we're talking top level managers here). But i certainly believe that the best female manager is going to be a whole let better than some of the dross currently making a living at the lower levels and even the Championship.

And as for the dressing room point, yawn, I actually heard a player say the other day that they don't want the managers hanging round the dressing room. Not being able to spend all your time in dressing rooms is not going to be a barrier.

The main issue may well be the fact that they would be judged to a different standard than male managers and not given time to build a team. For instance, just compare the comments about Emma Raducanu and Jack Draper. Both young, exciting, British tennis players. Both plagued with long term injuries. Only one has won a major title. Guess which one is regularly told they should give up tennis and become a model, they're a one hit wonder etc...
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 8:33]
Login to get fewer ads

FGR on 03:07 - Jul 7 with 1949 viewsCiderwithRsie

FGR on 11:37 - Jul 5 by Gloucs_R

If Chelsea specifically targeted schools in the Bush and all QPR areas to convert kids to support them, how would that make you feel?

The other comment was quite funny. I actually dont mind the odd Veggie burger but it should be my choice and inclusive for all. Imagine going to a club which made a stand by only selling meat products because the owner felt that everyone should eat meat.

OK, I may regret this, but FGR have been the nearest club to me for 20 years. (Not that I'm bloody going. QPR forever, however crap.)

When I moved here all the local kids wore Premier League replica shirts. Same as most other places in south of England with no "big club", only difference was a disproportionate number of Villa shirts.

Now I see FGR shirts on kids every weekend. How many other places do you see the local League 2 side being that popular with school kids? And how's that a bad thing?

That's not like Chelsea targeting QPR areas, its like QPR targeting QPR areas.

Now maybe they've pushed it a bit in Gloucester too, I wouldn't know. Can't say I've noticed it tbh. But don't try and kid me that previously all the kids in Gloucester were Gloucester City fans, 'cos they bloody weren't. It was Gloucester Rugby or some Premier club, every time.Twenty years I've lived here and I don't even know where Gloucester City's ground is.(Cheltenham Town's different, and you won't see many FGR supporters there.)

So the owner's got a bit of an ego. So had Jim Gregory, what did you expect from any successful business owner, anywhere? So he puts money into his club? Ditto. They aren't spending silly money in the transfer market like, ooh, Fernandes circa 2011. He wants to build a bigger stadium with better training facilities. How very different from the home life of our own dear club, I mean I'd hate that.

As for vegan food: well, not my cup of tea TBH, I happen to believe in livestock farming and I know a few people who do it, but whose business is it other than his and fans of the club? I mean which is it, he's unfairly attracting fans, or he's forcing them to eat food they don't want? As it happens, most football clubs in this country seem too think that everyone should eat junk food, or at least that's all they sell, but for some reason that doesn't affront fans of other clubs the way that vegan food at FGR seems to.
FGR on 03:48 - Jul 7 with 1913 viewsBenny_the_Ball

FGR on 08:24 - Jul 6 by nix

I don't really understand why this is part of the discussion. I haven't heard any women in sport say any differently. It's not some gotcha point. Serena Williams actually called women's tennis a different sport than men's tennis. Women are not under any illusions that they can compete at that level just because of the obvious differences in physicality: strength, power, speed etc.

However, management doesn't require physicality. Mourinho for instance didn't play football at a high level but could manage at the highest levels. Stephen Gerrard was an excellent footballer. Not such a great manager.

The number of aspects that a manager has to consider are what counts towards success: fitness, psychological strength and insight, blending players into a team, nutrition, technical skills, tactical insights, charisma and leadership, will to win etc. If I had to guess, I'd say that Sarina Weigman can offer more in some of these areas than for instance Harry Redknapp, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Steve MacLaren and even Mr Gobby Michael Beale. Our players weren't fit for instance under him and he mismanaged bringing them back after injuries, leading to longer term issues.

I don't know whether the best male manager would be better than the best female manager, that's up for debate, and might include having played men's football at a certain level (and we're talking top level managers here). But i certainly believe that the best female manager is going to be a whole let better than some of the dross currently making a living at the lower levels and even the Championship.

And as for the dressing room point, yawn, I actually heard a player say the other day that they don't want the managers hanging round the dressing room. Not being able to spend all your time in dressing rooms is not going to be a barrier.

The main issue may well be the fact that they would be judged to a different standard than male managers and not given time to build a team. For instance, just compare the comments about Emma Raducanu and Jack Draper. Both young, exciting, British tennis players. Both plagued with long term injuries. Only one has won a major title. Guess which one is regularly told they should give up tennis and become a model, they're a one hit wonder etc...

Neither do I, hence why I shut it down. This thread has meandered through the quality of the women's football, fleet EVs, personal data, and cocks, none of which has anything to do with whether a female is capable of successfully managing a men's football team.
FGR on 09:39 - Jul 7 with 1818 viewsChrisNW6

FGR on 03:07 - Jul 7 by CiderwithRsie

OK, I may regret this, but FGR have been the nearest club to me for 20 years. (Not that I'm bloody going. QPR forever, however crap.)

When I moved here all the local kids wore Premier League replica shirts. Same as most other places in south of England with no "big club", only difference was a disproportionate number of Villa shirts.

Now I see FGR shirts on kids every weekend. How many other places do you see the local League 2 side being that popular with school kids? And how's that a bad thing?

That's not like Chelsea targeting QPR areas, its like QPR targeting QPR areas.

Now maybe they've pushed it a bit in Gloucester too, I wouldn't know. Can't say I've noticed it tbh. But don't try and kid me that previously all the kids in Gloucester were Gloucester City fans, 'cos they bloody weren't. It was Gloucester Rugby or some Premier club, every time.Twenty years I've lived here and I don't even know where Gloucester City's ground is.(Cheltenham Town's different, and you won't see many FGR supporters there.)

So the owner's got a bit of an ego. So had Jim Gregory, what did you expect from any successful business owner, anywhere? So he puts money into his club? Ditto. They aren't spending silly money in the transfer market like, ooh, Fernandes circa 2011. He wants to build a bigger stadium with better training facilities. How very different from the home life of our own dear club, I mean I'd hate that.

As for vegan food: well, not my cup of tea TBH, I happen to believe in livestock farming and I know a few people who do it, but whose business is it other than his and fans of the club? I mean which is it, he's unfairly attracting fans, or he's forcing them to eat food they don't want? As it happens, most football clubs in this country seem too think that everyone should eat junk food, or at least that's all they sell, but for some reason that doesn't affront fans of other clubs the way that vegan food at FGR seems to.

I have never visited a Vegan restaurant but the FGR food looks amazing. Never ever eat the stadium food but would definitely go for a meat free option if we had the same FGR options.

Sorry didn't want to get this thread off track again, but worth taking look at what they offer on a match day.
FGR on 10:04 - Jul 7 with 1775 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

FGR on 08:24 - Jul 6 by nix

Super post.

The dressing room argument perplexes me no end. Imagine if a football club had the opportunity to appoint a real difference-making, revolutionary coach a la Guardiola but they ruled them out on the basis that it would be weird for them to see the players' winkies.

Where's the line there anyway? It's pretty socially outlying for say... a 70+ year old man to be stood having a conversation with an unrelated naked teenager but it presumably happens at Crystal Palace. Would a male gay football manager be deemed so ludicrous as a female manager for similar reasons?

They only have to have a quick shower and put some shorts on FFS. Male football managers aren't side-hustle proctologists. I think the real issue that some have with female managers is a subconscious belief that they couldn't possibly understand the game and all its technical and tactical nuances as well as any male counterpart. Which is obviously complete b*ll*cks.
FGR on 10:45 - Jul 7 with 1684 viewslangtoft

If a tortoise (male or female) could manage us to an FA Cup win I
'd be more than happy they were in charge
FGR on 10:51 - Jul 7 with 1661 viewsChrisNW6

FGR on 10:45 - Jul 7 by langtoft

Would never trust a vegetarian manager.
FGR on 10:58 - Jul 7 with 1640 viewspeterlund_dk

FGR on 10:51 - Jul 7 by ChrisNW6

Would never trust a vegetarian manager.

Would never trust a snapping turtle in the dressing room.
FGR on 15:08 - Jul 7 with 1512 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FGR on 10:04 - Jul 7 by Padulas_Shampoo

Super post.

The dressing room argument perplexes me no end. Imagine if a football club had the opportunity to appoint a real difference-making, revolutionary coach a la Guardiola but they ruled them out on the basis that it would be weird for them to see the players' winkies.

Where's the line there anyway? It's pretty socially outlying for say... a 70+ year old man to be stood having a conversation with an unrelated naked teenager but it presumably happens at Crystal Palace. Would a male gay football manager be deemed so ludicrous as a female manager for similar reasons?

They only have to have a quick shower and put some shorts on FFS. Male football managers aren't side-hustle proctologists. I think the real issue that some have with female managers is a subconscious belief that they couldn't possibly understand the game and all its technical and tactical nuances as well as any male counterpart. Which is obviously complete b*ll*cks.

I dunno about the proctology bit. Mick Beale seemed to be able to disappear up his own arse.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 15:09]
FGR on 15:49 - Jul 7 with 1435 viewsFDC

FGR on 15:08 - Jul 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I dunno about the proctology bit. Mick Beale seemed to be able to disappear up his own arse.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 15:09]

Failing eye sight + awful LFW mobile rendering resulted in accidental down vote. Please disregard, I in fact do not hold angry views about proctology
FGR on 16:14 - Jul 7 with 1378 viewsDannyPaddox

FGR on 10:45 - Jul 7 by langtoft

In turtle agreement with you there.
FGR on 10:49 - Jul 18 with 1185 viewsDavieQPR

Well she didn't even last a fortnight. Gone as soon as the publicity had dried up.
FGR on 10:55 - Jul 18 with 1157 viewsChrisNW6

FGR on 10:49 - Jul 18 by DavieQPR

Well she didn't even last a fortnight. Gone as soon as the publicity had dried up.

To be fair to all involved, it was always stated as an interim role whilst they went through the hiring process.
FGR on 13:15 - Jul 18 with 1044 viewskensalriser

FGR on 10:55 - Jul 18 by ChrisNW6

To be fair to all involved, it was always stated as an interim role whilst they went through the hiring process.

Had to go, didn’t win any games.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FGR on 13:23 - Jul 18 with 991 viewsChrisNW6

FGR on 13:15 - Jul 18 by kensalriser

Had to go, didn’t win any games.

Yeah, the writing was on the cards after the 1-1 draw at Melksham Town 😁
FGR on 13:30 - Jul 18 with 950 viewsTGRRRSSS

As for vegan food: well, not my cup of tea TBH, I happen to believe in livestock farming and I know a few people who do it, but whose business is it other than his and fans of the club?

Cut and paste from above

To answer I think the difference in the case of Dale Vince is he does like to interfere in other peoples business, that's the point.

Every time there is a stoppage in London he's interfering in your business. (JSO)

I agree with Gabby Agbonlahor this morning, he did it to create the noise, and the fact it's only been a couple of week proves the fact it was to create a noise that's all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024