Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrexham 11:17 - Apr 23 with 9191 viewsloftboy

Glad they’re back in the league, but I don’t remember Hartlepools promotion a couple of years ago making news at 10?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wrexham on 14:06 - Apr 24 with 3451 viewsCamberleyR

Wrexham on 13:57 - Apr 24 by Sonofpugwash

Such a bogus language,half the time they're using English words.
I refuse to take seriously a tongue that translates "Jellyfish" into "Pysgod Wibbli Wobbli"

Or microwave as 'Popty Ping'

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wrexham on 14:19 - Apr 24 with 3398 viewsQPsyR

Wrexham on 19:23 - Apr 23 by kensalriser

Rochdale out of the league for the first time in over 100 years, that's got to hurt.

Gutted I've always had soft spot for Rochdale.

As to Wrexham good luck to them, the septics seem OK and proper invested fair play.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 8:41]

FKA AcidPixie

Wrexham on 14:43 - Apr 24 with 3375 viewsted_hendrix

I hope they crash and burn and while they're crashing and burning some televisual company can film It all documentary style.

That'll be interesting I suppose.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wrexham on 16:36 - Apr 24 with 3287 viewsOldPedro

Wrexham on 14:43 - Apr 24 by ted_hendrix

I hope they crash and burn and while they're crashing and burning some televisual company can film It all documentary style.

That'll be interesting I suppose.

I wonder if other supporters hated us when we had the four year plan documentary and got promoted?? I'm surprised at how much hate is on this thread.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Wrexham on 16:49 - Apr 24 with 3267 viewsridethewave

Not sure why everyone is so pleased, they're just doing what we all hate other clubs doing and buying their way to success. The likeability of their owners shouldn't factor into it.
Wrexham on 17:54 - Apr 24 with 3213 viewsozranger

Just caught up on this. I did a check since the relegation of the 1999-2000 season. 43 teams have been relegated and 42 promoted from 2000-01 season onwards. Of these only two have returned to League 2 (as it is known now) immediately - Bristol Rovers 13/14 down, 14/15 up and Grimsby 20/21 down and 21/22 up. A further three spent only two seasons in the National League until returning. So, that means of the other 38 relegations, most have taken their time to return or are still there or have gone even further.

As has been pointed out, there is a lot of rubbish at the bottom of League 2 and many good teams at the top of the National League. The EFL or FA have to do something about this. The four up and four down between L1 and L2 is also quite nonsensical, especially in comparison to the NL to L2.
Wrexham on 18:29 - Apr 24 with 3181 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'd be surprised if Tom Bola at Chelsea doesn't put a bid for Reynolds.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wrexham on 19:05 - Apr 24 with 3153 viewsted_hendrix

Wrexham on 16:36 - Apr 24 by OldPedro

I wonder if other supporters hated us when we had the four year plan documentary and got promoted?? I'm surprised at how much hate is on this thread.

*I wonder if other supporters hated us when we had the four year plan documentary and got promoted?? I'm surprised at how much hate is on this thread.*

I expect they did but who know's?

IMO Wrexham have purchased their success whereas other clubs In their league have'nt been able to keep up financially, look If that's the way It is to be nowaday's and that includes all football divisions then so be It, wrong as It Is.

It doesn't sit well with me but that's just my point of view.

But dear me every morning noon and night Wrexham this Wrexham that, some stupid actor I've never heard of this then some other stupid actor that, then one of these pox ridden actors has only gone and purchased a Welsh coal scuttle.

No I don't have to read all the guff about bloody Wrexham FC, but at the same time I don't want It rammed down my throat by just about every news feed going.

Enough with this crap.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Wrexham on 19:21 - Apr 24 with 3133 viewsKeithW

Wrexham on 12:24 - Apr 23 by paulparker

I find it all a bit nauseating if truth be told
I’m sick of seeing their boats all over the media I hope they get relegated next year

I'll tell you what IS mauseating.
Wrexham fooking lager. It's what a couple of CAMRA buffs would make to put people off lager forever.
Wrexham on 20:04 - Apr 24 with 3070 viewsCiderwithRsie

Wrexham on 17:52 - Apr 23 by CamberleyR

North Wales has always been known for it. They can be happily talkiing in English but will deliberately start talking in Welsh when they realise you're English.

Yeah but to be fair I do the same; as soon as any Welshman walks into the pub I change to my native tongue and start talking b*llocks.

(True story; my mum went to school in Wales during the war but before that she'd lived all her life in what's now Pakistan because my grandad was in the army out there, serving on the NW Frontier. She told me that once they got on the train and a Welsh couple switched from English to Welsh, so my Granny switched from English to Hindustani.)
Wrexham on 22:09 - Apr 24 with 2986 viewsKonk

Considering all the sh it they’ve been through with sh it owners over the years, I’m chuffed for Wrexham. Obviously they have a much larger budget than other teams in the division, but that’s not exactly a unique situation. The National league is a bugger to get out of, and it’s mad that Notts might miss out with 100+ points. So whilst it’s not exactly Leicester winning the PL, I’m pleased for them. Being a traditionalist, the league feels weird without Notts, so I hope they do the play-offs (even though their budget means they should).

The proof will be in the pudding, but the owners seem to be doing a good job at the mo. Whatever their initial motivation for buying a club, I’m sure they’ve developed a genuine affinity with the town and club. The supporters trust that owned the club insisted on loads of conditions that should hopefully prevent any asset stripping, changes to name, colours, badges etc, and Reynolds and McElhennely have been happy to spend a few bob on the ground and playing staff.

In an area where it’s all too easy to support the Liverpool or Manchester clubs, it’s great to see one of the league’s oldest clubs enjoying a mini-renaissance. An average of almost 10,000 in non-league is fantastic. As for all the media attention - it’s nice to see a small club in the media at all, and especially with it being a feel good story, given smaller club usually only get a mention when they’ve got 5 days to find £1m for HMRC and the owners sold the ground to himself for £50.

Should add that whilst i’m not doubting other’s experience, I’ve spent a fair chunk of time in West and North Wales, and never experienced hostility or people switching from English to Welsh. I find the Welsh very friendly and it’s great to see the revival in the language.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 5:57]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Wrexham on 23:27 - Apr 24 with 2909 viewsthame_hoops

Not sure why this duplicate thread was started. Too quick to post loftboy! As I said on the orignal Wrexham one, I quite like the story, the owners seem decent guys, and it is a nice feelgood story.
Wrexham on 23:41 - Apr 24 with 2901 viewshubble

In Welsh, a lot of things are easier done than said....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Wrexham on 02:10 - Apr 25 with 2875 viewsFredManRave

Wrexham on 23:41 - Apr 24 by hubble

This translates to "Alight here".

Which, ironically, means that by the time you've finished reading it the train will have started leaving the station which means you'll have lost the opportunity to Lan-vire-pooll-guin-gill-go-ger-u-queern-drob-ooll-llandus-ilio-gogo-goch.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 3:36]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Wrexham on 06:52 - Apr 25 with 2774 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Obviously good for their supporters but it's grating how the football press and mainstream media have such a hard-on for them. I was looking in The Times' football section yesterday thinking there might be a mention of our win at Burnley but no. Wrexham's owners have elevated them to Premier League status in a celebrity-obsessed culture. It is ironic that they've pipped Notts County, the league's oldest club, to promotion as it seems appropriate.
Wrexham on 09:56 - Apr 27 with 2464 viewsBluce_Ree

At least it's not only QPR who can have four Ls in a row.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Wrexham on 10:10 - Apr 27 with 2438 viewsMrSheen

Wrexham on 22:09 - Apr 24 by Konk

Considering all the sh it they’ve been through with sh it owners over the years, I’m chuffed for Wrexham. Obviously they have a much larger budget than other teams in the division, but that’s not exactly a unique situation. The National league is a bugger to get out of, and it’s mad that Notts might miss out with 100+ points. So whilst it’s not exactly Leicester winning the PL, I’m pleased for them. Being a traditionalist, the league feels weird without Notts, so I hope they do the play-offs (even though their budget means they should).

The proof will be in the pudding, but the owners seem to be doing a good job at the mo. Whatever their initial motivation for buying a club, I’m sure they’ve developed a genuine affinity with the town and club. The supporters trust that owned the club insisted on loads of conditions that should hopefully prevent any asset stripping, changes to name, colours, badges etc, and Reynolds and McElhennely have been happy to spend a few bob on the ground and playing staff.

In an area where it’s all too easy to support the Liverpool or Manchester clubs, it’s great to see one of the league’s oldest clubs enjoying a mini-renaissance. An average of almost 10,000 in non-league is fantastic. As for all the media attention - it’s nice to see a small club in the media at all, and especially with it being a feel good story, given smaller club usually only get a mention when they’ve got 5 days to find £1m for HMRC and the owners sold the ground to himself for £50.

Should add that whilst i’m not doubting other’s experience, I’ve spent a fair chunk of time in West and North Wales, and never experienced hostility or people switching from English to Welsh. I find the Welsh very friendly and it’s great to see the revival in the language.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 5:57]

Maybe I'm just obtuse and slow on the uptake, but I love Wales too and never noticed any hostility to me there. One of my wife's oldest friends used to sing with the Welsh National Opera and we loved going up to north and mid-Wales to see them on tour...Wrexham, Newtown, Bangor, Mold, Machynlleth, some of them pretty, some of them not, but lovely people in all of them. Even out for late Saturday night beer and curry in Wrexham, no problems at all (apart from the Dhansak).

On the language, I think the recent Brecon renaming is contrived and more than a bit phony, but once it's gone, it's gone. Considering Ireland has been an independent state for 100 years and Wales a province/colony/satrapy/rotten borough/delete where applicable, it's remarkable how much healthier the Welsh language is than Irish.
Wrexham on 10:16 - Apr 27 with 2425 viewsManinBlack

People may be pleased for Wrexham now on here but wait a few years and see if you still feel the same when they bypass us in the league as they have money and we don't.
Wrexham on 10:43 - Apr 27 with 2395 viewsPlanetHonneywood

That's also the sound a Welsh lass makes when giving a BJ.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wrexham on 11:00 - Apr 27 with 2353 viewsSonofpugwash

Wrexham on 10:43 - Apr 27 by PlanetHonneywood

That's also the sound a Welsh lass makes when giving a BJ.

What is noticeable here in Aberystwyth is you never get much in the way of support for Welsh teams,it all seems to be Man U,Liverpool and midlands outfits.One scum supporter I knew when he was a carer for my bruv and now a copper to boot,cross to the other side of the road whenever I see him.
Very peaceful up here.The quiet only broken by the odd nocturnal thud and crackle of a holiday home going up in flames.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Wrexham on 11:25 - Apr 27 with 2322 viewsboobishabang

Wrexham on 11:00 - Apr 27 by Sonofpugwash

What is noticeable here in Aberystwyth is you never get much in the way of support for Welsh teams,it all seems to be Man U,Liverpool and midlands outfits.One scum supporter I knew when he was a carer for my bruv and now a copper to boot,cross to the other side of the road whenever I see him.
Very peaceful up here.The quiet only broken by the odd nocturnal thud and crackle of a holiday home going up in flames.

Found myself watching Aberystwyth vs Caernarfon on S4C last weekend, belter of a finish to that match! do you ever go down and watch them?
Wrexham on 11:39 - Apr 27 with 2279 viewsSonofpugwash

Wrexham on 11:25 - Apr 27 by boobishabang

Found myself watching Aberystwyth vs Caernarfon on S4C last weekend, belter of a finish to that match! do you ever go down and watch them?

No never have,always found the Welsh League to be rather "agricultural".
Aber have just avoided relegation.May give it a whirl next season.

Wrexham on 20:56 - Apr 27 with 2172 viewsSonofpugwash

Potholio.

https://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/news/residents-in-west-wales-community-install-h

Wrexham on 22:22 - Apr 27 with 2136 viewsloftboy

Wrexham on 23:27 - Apr 24 by thame_hoops

Not sure why this duplicate thread was started. Too quick to post loftboy! As I said on the orignal Wrexham one, I quite like the story, the owners seem decent guys, and it is a nice feelgood story.

Didn’t see it!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wrexham on 16:10 - Jul 11 with 1513 viewskingsburyR

Wrexham announcing sponsor after sponsor that most Prem teams would beg to have.

Very impressive!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024