Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 112523 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 15:18 - Oct 20 with 2931 viewsRangersDave

Can we now re-negotiate his contract and include a £10m fee to just talk to him, with another £10m for him to leave / transfer to another club?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Mick Beale on 15:18 - Oct 20 with 2901 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 11:55 - Oct 20 by Maggsinho

We don't know what was said though, if Wolves met the release clause and QPR allowed them to speak to him then he might have listened to be polite and said 'No thanks'

Don't suppose we'll ever know but the main things is he's seemingly staying.

If the club, Hoos and Les were honest, they'd tell us, in which case the club would have a case to answer if they'd granted permission to me at least. But this is pro football and we're just outsiders, really.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Mick Beale on 15:20 - Oct 20 with 2899 viewskensalriser

Mick Beale on 13:13 - Oct 20 by CamberleyR

"So give him a break and save your ire for those black country bastards"

Agree Hud. As Don on dotorg once so eloquently put it when talking about the 1976 surrender to Liverpool "Wolvercúntinghampton Bastardarsecock Wanderfúckers"

I'm pretty sure that was either mine or a combined effort. At least the bastardarsecock was definitely mine and I'm not ashamed to say it.

We haven't forgotten you capitulating cowards.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mick Beale on 15:20 - Oct 20 with 2889 viewsRs_Holy

MB "When you feel something feels right and you're a good fit, you should never overlook that "

[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 7:23]
Mick Beale on 15:26 - Oct 20 with 2807 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 12:15 - Oct 20 by Airtomoreira

Delighted of course that he's staying, but what will his reaction be if Villa sack Gerrard and they come a'knocking. Might be a very different response then?

My fears exactly. Beale is incredibly cute - he's like Mark Hughes, but talented. He tells us today he'll be here 'on Saturday' - not that he's definitely here for the season, let alone the rest of his contract. Had we a CEO with balls, he's also be giving an interview today saying that the club will rebuf interest going forwards and, if and when MB leaves, it'll be on the club's terms. If Beale were our boyfriend, we'd be the teenage girl next door, not the one he wants to slip a ring on.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Mick Beale on 15:30 - Oct 20 with 2778 viewsPinnerPaul

Mick Beale on 15:26 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

My fears exactly. Beale is incredibly cute - he's like Mark Hughes, but talented. He tells us today he'll be here 'on Saturday' - not that he's definitely here for the season, let alone the rest of his contract. Had we a CEO with balls, he's also be giving an interview today saying that the club will rebuf interest going forwards and, if and when MB leaves, it'll be on the club's terms. If Beale were our boyfriend, we'd be the teenage girl next door, not the one he wants to slip a ring on.

As I said to someone else, not sure how you make him the only employee in England not allowed to leave his job!

Also can we just not enjoy the moment without picking a PL club every day who MIGHT want him as manager?
Mick Beale on 15:32 - Oct 20 with 2747 viewsLythamR

Mick Beale on 15:26 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

"Had we a CEO with balls, he's also be giving an interview today saying that the club will rebuf interest going forwards"

To be fair to Hoos he cant do that as now everyone and his dog knows there is a 1.2M release clause in the contract, so any such statement would simply be bluster and everyone would laugh
Mick Beale on 15:35 - Oct 20 with 2703 viewsdaveB

Mick Beale on 14:10 - Oct 20 by PinnerPaul

Can't agree there Dave.

Even before we were top of the league, even before he came to us - his name was 'out there' - he said himself he has turned down other jobs.

Can't believe anyone in football didn't know him before the Wolves thing came up 48 hours ago!

Can't we just enjoy him and the team for now, rather than fretting every time a PL club lose 3 in a row?

Those other jobs were lower league before though such as Charlton. I think this now shows he is in the running for bigger jobs so it shouldn't be a surprise if this happens again with other clubs in the future.

Of course we should enjoy him and the team for now but if I was Les ferdinand I'd be getting the recruitment team to look at possible managers if he does end up going just as you'd hope they have players in mind should Willock go in January
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 15:36 - Oct 20 with 2702 viewsDieByYourSide

Beale's played a PR blinder here I think.

Look at the Quote Tweets of the interview, it's fans from across the board giving it the "loyalty in modern football isn't dead" treatment.

Delighted he's staying, you would hope at least for the season now, as I think 15 games is no time to walk out of a job - also assuming we continue to do well in the league his stock will only rise for rejecting the job.

He'll be on everyone's radars now and probably has carte blanche to leave with everyone's best wishes next time a similar stature job comes up, assuming he'd want it and feels he's finished his business with QPR.

You feel we might have to get promoted for him to be in charge at the start of next season, though.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Mick Beale on 15:42 - Oct 20 with 2635 viewsGreenbay

Well Mick Beale has done the right thing.
And I'm delighted.
In fact more than that - thrilled.
In my post last night of 2226 of October 19 I mentioned respect, loyalty and integrity.
Whether Mick has done the right thing regarding those three things - well who really knows, despite his interview (on this thread at 1517) this afternoon.
He did say 'loyalty and integrity' was important and that he wanted - regarding the project 'to see it through'.
Very, very encouraging.
But he could have said no to Wolves on Tuesday or yesterday.
But he decided not to.
And it leaves a bit of a nasty taste.
His decision today, just an hour or so before Liz Truss quit, means he could have turned Wolves down much earlier and saved everybody, owners, management, players and us fans all that unnecessary anguish.
But in that interview he said he's new in this job as a No.1 - almost wanting a little forgiveness.
Well he has my forgiveness.
What perhaps may have turned his thinking in staying was last night's victory over Cardiff. His players - despite such weak opposition - played for him, themselves and us.
When he walked around the pitch after the whistle and received the acclamation of the fans perhaps it struck him and confirmed for him - what a brilliant 'little' club we are.
Indeed in his interview afterwards - he looked tired and a bit red-eyed.
I think us fans and of course his players and of course the backing of our management team did make the difference - yesterday and this morning.
We will never know but I'm convinced we all helped.
So MB will surely be here to stay for the rest of the season.
He will see his team develop and hopefully a top 6 spot or automatic promotion.
This squad is certainly a fine bunch of players.
I can't really see MB poached before the season ends.
I hope MB tells his agent - that he just wants to concentrate on QPR.
And maybe if - and a big if - there is promotion - he would have succeeded in what he has said publicly - he would be managing a Premiership club, the players - bar our loanees unless they are bought - will play in the Premiership and we the fans will just love it.
Can you imagine what the players are feeling right now? Jubilation.
The 'boss' is staying - we are all confident - and the promotion dream is reachable.
As many people on this thread has said - ok - it's done - he stays - and now we look forward to Wigan at home on Saturday and hopefully strengthen our top of the table status.
So no grudges Mick - do the best you can, keep the attractive football ticking, and just keep making our side better and better.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 15:58]
Mick Beale on 16:19 - Oct 20 with 2487 viewskarlski

Firstly, I absolutely detest the way the media played this out. Whispers, inferences, conclusions before knowing anything about anything.

So far as I can work out, Wolves made their official approach after last night's game. Yes, before that it had been all over the media, but the sum of those reports (from the more reputable - if such a thing exists - places) was that first, he was on Wolves' shortlist, and second, he rose to the top of that shortlist after a few others didn't work out.

MB had no official approach, a game to focus on, and a thousand media questions on the subject to face. I agree with some other posters that he could have distanced himself at that point, but to be fair there was no actual approach by Wolves, and he did say if there were to be one, he'd have to weigh things up. I don't mind him saying he wants to manage in the Prem - he'd be a total idiot if he pretended he didn't, and everyone already knows that. Looking back, his interview answers do seem honest.

Honestly I think he only really thought seriously about it once it was confirmed Wolves officially were in the frame. And once he did, he turned down the chance to talk with them (in detail - presumably there was some contact, but it can't have been that thorough given the timescales).

Fair enough. I've liked his honesty and interview style since he's been here, and I like how this has turned out. Objectively i think it's the right move for his career, and I do think he has demonstrated loyalty and integrity in how he has handled it. Given what he's said in his interview on the offy, it will be interesting to see how this plays out later in the season if some other clubs come in for him...but that's for another day.

Ultimately it's all turned out in the best way possible with a thumping win to take us top, him staying, and what should be a great atmosphere on Saturday. Onwards!
Mick Beale on 16:25 - Oct 20 with 2448 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 12:03 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Absolutely. And a nice analogy, too!

He'll get my support 100%.

Good man! Here's a lovely post-match interview with your man Sinclair to get the blood flowing again (just in case news of Mick staying wasn't enough)!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/armstrong-interview-201022/
Mick Beale on 16:31 - Oct 20 with 2423 viewsPinnerPaul

Mick Beale on 15:42 - Oct 20 by Greenbay

Well Mick Beale has done the right thing.
And I'm delighted.
In fact more than that - thrilled.
In my post last night of 2226 of October 19 I mentioned respect, loyalty and integrity.
Whether Mick has done the right thing regarding those three things - well who really knows, despite his interview (on this thread at 1517) this afternoon.
He did say 'loyalty and integrity' was important and that he wanted - regarding the project 'to see it through'.
Very, very encouraging.
But he could have said no to Wolves on Tuesday or yesterday.
But he decided not to.
And it leaves a bit of a nasty taste.
His decision today, just an hour or so before Liz Truss quit, means he could have turned Wolves down much earlier and saved everybody, owners, management, players and us fans all that unnecessary anguish.
But in that interview he said he's new in this job as a No.1 - almost wanting a little forgiveness.
Well he has my forgiveness.
What perhaps may have turned his thinking in staying was last night's victory over Cardiff. His players - despite such weak opposition - played for him, themselves and us.
When he walked around the pitch after the whistle and received the acclamation of the fans perhaps it struck him and confirmed for him - what a brilliant 'little' club we are.
Indeed in his interview afterwards - he looked tired and a bit red-eyed.
I think us fans and of course his players and of course the backing of our management team did make the difference - yesterday and this morning.
We will never know but I'm convinced we all helped.
So MB will surely be here to stay for the rest of the season.
He will see his team develop and hopefully a top 6 spot or automatic promotion.
This squad is certainly a fine bunch of players.
I can't really see MB poached before the season ends.
I hope MB tells his agent - that he just wants to concentrate on QPR.
And maybe if - and a big if - there is promotion - he would have succeeded in what he has said publicly - he would be managing a Premiership club, the players - bar our loanees unless they are bought - will play in the Premiership and we the fans will just love it.
Can you imagine what the players are feeling right now? Jubilation.
The 'boss' is staying - we are all confident - and the promotion dream is reachable.
As many people on this thread has said - ok - it's done - he stays - and now we look forward to Wigan at home on Saturday and hopefully strengthen our top of the table status.
So no grudges Mick - do the best you can, keep the attractive football ticking, and just keep making our side better and better.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 15:58]

How could he say no, before he was asked the question?
Mick Beale on 16:35 - Oct 20 with 2375 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 16:25 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Good man! Here's a lovely post-match interview with your man Sinclair to get the blood flowing again (just in case news of Mick staying wasn't enough)!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/armstrong-interview-201022/

Cracking interview, thanks Benny. Good to hear Ferdinand is helping him along too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 16:43 - Oct 20 with 2299 viewsHayesender

The one job that really worries me is the small Rangers up in Glasgow.

I get the impression he'd walk there

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 16:44 - Oct 20 with 2289 viewsMick_S

Mick Beale on 16:43 - Oct 20 by Hayesender

The one job that really worries me is the small Rangers up in Glasgow.

I get the impression he'd walk there

500 miles.

This is a good day for our bonkers club.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mick Beale on 16:46 - Oct 20 with 2273 viewsbarbicanranger

This whole episode has made me realize he won't be around for long. At least now I feel like he will finish this season and you never know after that, if he gets us promoted then some cash, young squad, that might appeal for a season or so more. Lots of ifs and buts. Just glad he is sticking around and this young, talented squad we have isn't going to be disrupted for another crucial season.
Mick Beale on 16:50 - Oct 20 with 2233 viewsTonto

Mick Beale on 15:18 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

If the club, Hoos and Les were honest, they'd tell us, in which case the club would have a case to answer if they'd granted permission to me at least. But this is pro football and we're just outsiders, really.

if, as is to be believed, there is a release clause in his contract, and Wolves were willing to meet that valuation, then Lee and Les would HASVE to allow Wolves to speak to him. Do you not get that?

or are you using the fact there is even a release clause in his contract at all as a reason to continue your rather biased and boring diatribe against them? in which case think about it - think hard - is having a 7 figure release clause in the contract (again as has been stated in the media) for a manager who hadnt managed a single game prior to coming here actually good thing? how much do clubs usually get when they lose their manager to a poaching? no - of course not they are still incompetent arent they.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Mick Beale on 17:08 - Oct 20 with 2156 viewsHastings_Hoops

Mick Beale on 16:50 - Oct 20 by Tonto

if, as is to be believed, there is a release clause in his contract, and Wolves were willing to meet that valuation, then Lee and Les would HASVE to allow Wolves to speak to him. Do you not get that?

or are you using the fact there is even a release clause in his contract at all as a reason to continue your rather biased and boring diatribe against them? in which case think about it - think hard - is having a 7 figure release clause in the contract (again as has been stated in the media) for a manager who hadnt managed a single game prior to coming here actually good thing? how much do clubs usually get when they lose their manager to a poaching? no - of course not they are still incompetent arent they.

I was wondering if stainrod was still angry with Lee and Les. Turns out he still is. Who knew?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 17:12]
Mick Beale on 17:49 - Oct 20 with 1962 viewsNoelmc

Mick Beale on 16:35 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Cracking interview, thanks Benny. Good to hear Ferdinand is helping him along too.

Thanks Benny for highlighting. Fantastic interview and great Dub accent!
Mick Beale on 17:53 - Oct 20 with 1934 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 17:49 - Oct 20 by Noelmc

Thanks Benny for highlighting. Fantastic interview and great Dub accent!

Know worra mean?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 17:54]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 17:59 - Oct 20 with 1902 viewsMick_S

Mick Beale on 17:53 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Know worra mean?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 17:54]

He lives round the corner from us - found out when he met my son and his mate after the Reading match. He got the bus home down the Uxbridge Road after the match. Good lad.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mick Beale on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 1886 viewsQPROslo

Mick Beale on 12:01 - Oct 20 by hubble

"off chatting to another club?"

Come on Brian, you're focusing on the wrong target here: it was Wolves who attempted to poach our manager - a disgraceful move IMO - and Mick - again IMO - has handled it extremely deftly, not least, putting out an excellent starting XI last night, including giving Sinclair Armstrong his first start. That shows impressive focus and dedication amidst the furore, as far as I'm concerned. So give him a break and save your ire for those black country bastards.

Dead right. I gather no official approach to talk to Beale was made by Wolves until late yesterday. So how can Beale have handled badly something that was media speculation, much of it rubbish. He quite correctly ignored it.
Mick Beale on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 1883 viewsWesty75

Just watched his interview,

Said all the things I wanted to hear. Sorry for doubting you Mick, good man. Can get excited again now!
Mick Beale on 18:05 - Oct 20 with 1858 viewsPhilmyRs

Mick Beale on 16:35 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree. Always think we have one of our best ever strikers still at the club but not in a coaching capacity and criminal that he’s not passing on some of his experience. Pleased it seems I was wrong and he is out there offering advice. Whilst I can see similarities in their game, quite different players for me although only seen small bits of Sinclair so far so still time to see the hang time in action
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024