Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong... 21:54 - Jul 20 with 10137 viewsconnell10

Wow ....discuss 👏

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong... on 12:49 - Jul 21 with 3614 viewsderbyhoop

He does look a beast. When did we last have a striker who was big, strong and quick. Nothing of any quality since Les?

It is going to be interesting to see how he develops over the next 12 months.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Armstrong... on 12:55 - Jul 21 with 3574 viewswombat

Armstrong... on 12:49 - Jul 21 by derbyhoop

He does look a beast. When did we last have a striker who was big, strong and quick. Nothing of any quality since Les?

It is going to be interesting to see how he develops over the next 12 months.

think he makes les look slow to be honest , his turn off pace is unreal yes poor oppostion no doub but imagine see him bare down on a average championship centre back at full tilt !

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Armstrong... on 12:58 - Jul 21 with 3551 viewsGalileo

And Les took a while to mature after being plucked from Hayes
Armstrong... on 13:06 - Jul 21 with 3488 viewsWestbourneR

It’s the way he moves that impresses me, the sharp, angled movements of his lower body make him look agile and lithe despite his size. I was once weirdly talking to Liam Ridgwell and asked what made top players stand out and he said the ability to move at high speed even at angles. Sinclair Armstrong seems to have that.

It’s just an eye thing - you can see he’s a well tuned athlete.

The next step in his game brain and if he has the workfate and application.

And, of course, the finishers instinct.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Armstrong... on 13:50 - Jul 21 with 3274 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Armstrong... on 12:58 - Jul 21 by Galileo

And Les took a while to mature after being plucked from Hayes

Most people do to be fair.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Armstrong... on 14:26 - Jul 21 with 3124 viewsdenhamhoop2

He is raw but has a size pace power and footballing ability which is why many of the Big Fish in football have been keeping a watchful eye on him. What impressed me was how he always played with his head up and picked Thomas out for his goal not just drive across the goal and hope.
If QPR can get him a season long loan at a League One club where he will develop Cambridge or Forest Green would both be ideal. If not then keep him and he would be a more than useful asset to bring off the bench
Armstrong... on 15:09 - Jul 21 with 3026 viewsPinnerPaul

Armstrong... on 01:03 - Jul 21 by DavieQPR

To put the game he played into context Dykes scored a first half hat trick and even Thomas scored.

Not sure who you play affects how fast you run or how powerful you look - he's both.

Needs loads of work, especially to play the MB high press when we don't have the ball, but MB said it was difficult even for JD, MB, AA and GT to be 'chucked in' with a bunch of youngsters for 45' and look good, so the fact he didn't quite fit seamlessly into the system can be forgiven.

He's not the messiah but hes a bit more than just a naughty boy I think.
Armstrong... on 15:13 - Jul 21 with 2983 viewsPinnerPaul

Armstrong... on 12:55 - Jul 21 by wombat

think he makes les look slow to be honest , his turn off pace is unreal yes poor oppostion no doub but imagine see him bare down on a average championship centre back at full tilt !

Plus as MB said they were all tired after the constant training. Repeat what I said yesterday, our match prep for Blackburn will be totally different to any of these games, sooooo in THEORY he might be even quicker when totally revved up!
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong... on 15:16 - Jul 21 with 2965 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I say this who hasn’t seen him play, and is totally ignorant on the subject, but doesn’t his lack of goals at league level worry you or is that not his game?
Armstrong... on 15:56 - Jul 21 with 2849 viewsEmpireStateRanger

This has to be the most excited the fan base has been about a youth product since Eze, but the Eze hype didn't really ramp up until he scored that brace for Wycombe (think it was vs. Cambridge?).

There's been clips here and there, and now the 45 minutes with the first team. The potential is there, but I think I need a little bit more to really start envisioning greatness.

I'd like to see him vs. Palace and then have him get a couple of league games, maybe a start in the cup game, before deciding what's next. I'm guessing that's Mick's plan, as well.
Armstrong... on 15:57 - Jul 21 with 2849 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong... on 15:16 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

I say this who hasn’t seen him play, and is totally ignorant on the subject, but doesn’t his lack of goals at league level worry you or is that not his game?

Seeing as he's only 18, I don't think we should be 'worrying' about anything?

Bare bones.

Armstrong... on 16:00 - Jul 21 with 2835 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Armstrong... on 15:57 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

Good point.
Armstrong... on 16:24 - Jul 21 with 2735 viewsdmm

Armstrong... on 15:57 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

Forgive my pedantry but he's 19. A year is a lot when you're that age.

Oh and I agree we shouldn't worry. Just enjoy the lad while he's with us.
Armstrong... on 16:55 - Jul 21 with 2628 viewsdavman

Armstrong... on 12:32 - Jul 21 by BrianMcCarthy

On Les, I used to watch him a lot for the reserves. I don't think he was ready before that loan, or anywhere near ready. What's more, he didn;t seem to believe it either as he often played with very little belief.

Haven't seen enough of Armstrong to judge. No doubting the potential, though.

Totally this wrt Les. He was a completely different player when he came back from Turkey...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Armstrong... on 17:35 - Jul 21 with 2486 viewsacricketer

Armstrong... on 16:24 - Jul 21 by dmm

Forgive my pedantry but he's 19. A year is a lot when you're that age.

Oh and I agree we shouldn't worry. Just enjoy the lad while he's with us.

Yes a year is a lot when you're that age but you lose the halves and three-quarters by then.
Armstrong... on 17:59 - Jul 21 with 2424 viewsMick_S

Armstrong... on 17:35 - Jul 21 by acricketer

Yes a year is a lot when you're that age but you lose the halves and three-quarters by then.

I’m getting on a bit and have found it still works.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Armstrong... on 19:50 - Jul 21 with 2237 viewsCiderwithRsie

Armstrong... on 23:23 - Jul 20 by Northernr

I mean all the usual caveats - age, rawness, don;;t put pressure on him, crap opponent - and I;m not saying he'll make it at all... Leroy Griffiths destroyed Marcel Dessaily at this point one pre season. But it's hard not to feel a little tinge of excitement watching that tonight. We might have something there.

OK, that's good enough for me.

He's the new Les and I'm going to cite "We might have something there - C Whittingham" as proof.

No-one wake me up until the season starts, now.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 19:52]
Armstrong... on 19:52 - Jul 21 with 2222 viewsHAYESBOY

Armstrong... on 13:50 - Jul 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Most people do to be fair.

Oi....................................actually fair shout.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Armstrong... on 19:57 - Jul 21 with 2204 viewsQPR_Nippon

Armstrong... on 15:16 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

At National League level last season he played 720 minutes and scored 4 goals. 0.5 goals per 90 mins is pretty respectable for an inexperienced 18 y.o. kid, I’d say.
Armstrong... on 20:05 - Jul 21 with 2153 viewsqueensparker

Always remember Heskey coming on for his debut against us at 16 for Leicester. He was a proper beast even at that age.

Would be nice if we had one of those
Armstrong... on 20:33 - Jul 21 with 2050 viewsMatch82

Armstrong... on 20:05 - Jul 21 by queensparker

Always remember Heskey coming on for his debut against us at 16 for Leicester. He was a proper beast even at that age.

Would be nice if we had one of those

Slightly off topic but I remember seeing Walcott at Loftus Road at that age and being similarly shocked. Not looking like a beast obviously, but the turn of pace. Sometimes you can tell even that young.
Armstrong... on 20:49 - Jul 21 with 1996 viewsqueensparker

Armstrong... on 20:33 - Jul 21 by Match82

Slightly off topic but I remember seeing Walcott at Loftus Road at that age and being similarly shocked. Not looking like a beast obviously, but the turn of pace. Sometimes you can tell even that young.

While we’re on the subject of players making their debuts against us and standing out, always remember Ashley Cole coming on for Fulham (?) up front at around 16/17 and looking twice the player than everyone else

This should be a new thread eh
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 21:25]
Armstrong... on 21:04 - Jul 21 with 1949 viewsQPR_Hibs

Armstrong... on 20:49 - Jul 21 by queensparker

While we’re on the subject of players making their debuts against us and standing out, always remember Ashley Cole coming on for Fulham (?) up front at around 16/17 and looking twice the player than everyone else

This should be a new thread eh
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 21:25]

Ashley Cole or Andy Cole?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Armstrong... on 21:26 - Jul 21 with 1883 viewsqueensparker

Armstrong... on 21:04 - Jul 21 by QPR_Hibs

Ashley Cole or Andy Cole?

Definitely Ashley. He was a forward when he started out
Armstrong... on 21:45 - Jul 21 with 1828 viewsQPR_Hibs

Armstrong... on 21:26 - Jul 21 by queensparker

Definitely Ashley. He was a forward when he started out

I didn't know that. Never really liked him much.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024