Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 43195 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 13:53 - Jan 12 with 2751 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 11:54 - Jan 12 by BklynRanger

I'm not in favour of mandating it, in fact plenty of people aren't (I won't say 'most' - neither of us knows)

Have covered the medical exemption aspect

The idea of the clown (agreed) pretending to issue a fake legal notice is your own spin on it - I'm not inclined to trawl through that twitter feed but if you've found proof that it was all a bit of japery let us know

I think mandating the vaccine is much more popular than you think. The lack of any outcry about the fact that 200,000 NHS staff are in line to be fired on April 1st for non-compliance with a vaccine mandate also rather suggests that people are fine with it. Media not too bothered, way more interested in some elite drinks party that happened a year ago. Even the Unions are scared to back up the unvaccinated. Far easier to label someone an anti-vaxxer than to actually have a conversation with them.

I do a lot of absence reporting, and this mornings report shows that through December, more absent days were lost due to vaccine side effects than any other reason. "Vaccine side effects" is the new "covid" when it comes to why staff aren't turning up for work. Of the "Positive covid test" absence - The vast majority are fully vaccinated. Just 2 instances of "Long Covid" - although one of these appears to actually be another vaccine side effect as well.

As for medical exemption, I'm hearing that despite employing doctors of their own, NHS trusts will not be allowed to exempt their own staff from vaccination. Staff must seek exemption from their GP....Which seems kind of ridiculous when you consider how inaccessible primary care has become. Still no clearer as to whether this exemption would get me in to Australia, although I think I'll get away with sitting next to the vaccinated at QPR.

I've explained my reasons for finding the video a bit suspicious. Can only assume that videos like this are what made you swallow the narrative in the first place. You tell unvaccinated people to blame the goons in the video, the unvaccinated people blame you for swallowing the massively over simplified "Sanity vs Anti Vaxxers" media narrative. It is what it is.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Well Done Australia on 14:09 - Jan 12 with 2742 viewsTW_R

Well Done Australia on 13:36 - Jan 12 by traininvain

He’s also admitted doing an in person interview and photoshoot with a French publication while he (apparently) knowingly had Covid. And didn’t feel it was necessary to tell the journalist or publication that he had Covid.

I say apparently because Der Spiegel has questioned whether Djokovic actually tested positive for Covid in December: https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/novak-djokovic-were-the-results-of-hi

As we’ve seen with Boris Johnson and his lockdown party, the truth usually comes out in the end and Djokovic could be in serious bother if he’s lied to the Australian authorities.

The bloke is taking the piss now. This is his quote after filling in his declaration card incorrectly:-

“On the issue of my travel declaration, this was submitted by my support team on my behalf — as I told immigration officials on my arrival — and my agent sincerely apologises for the administrative mistake in ticking the incorrect box about my previous travel before coming to Australia,” Djokovic said.

“This was a human error and certainly not deliberate. We are living in challenging times in a global pandemic and sometimes these mistakes can occur.”
Well Done Australia on 14:16 - Jan 12 with 2709 viewsgazza1

Well Done Australia on 14:09 - Jan 12 by TW_R

The bloke is taking the piss now. This is his quote after filling in his declaration card incorrectly:-

“On the issue of my travel declaration, this was submitted by my support team on my behalf — as I told immigration officials on my arrival — and my agent sincerely apologises for the administrative mistake in ticking the incorrect box about my previous travel before coming to Australia,” Djokovic said.

“This was a human error and certainly not deliberate. We are living in challenging times in a global pandemic and sometimes these mistakes can occur.”

I agree.....
Well Done Australia on 14:24 - Jan 12 with 2693 viewsjohncharles

I keep seeing his mother on TV saying he’s innocent. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Strong and stable my arse.

Well Done Australia on 14:28 - Jan 12 with 2662 viewsgazza1

Well Done Australia on 14:24 - Jan 12 by johncharles

I keep seeing his mother on TV saying he’s innocent. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

& a prisoner (but he can leave whenever he wants - bit like our prisons)!!!!
Well Done Australia on 14:29 - Jan 12 with 2677 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 13:53 - Jan 12 by SheffieldHoop

I think mandating the vaccine is much more popular than you think. The lack of any outcry about the fact that 200,000 NHS staff are in line to be fired on April 1st for non-compliance with a vaccine mandate also rather suggests that people are fine with it. Media not too bothered, way more interested in some elite drinks party that happened a year ago. Even the Unions are scared to back up the unvaccinated. Far easier to label someone an anti-vaxxer than to actually have a conversation with them.

I do a lot of absence reporting, and this mornings report shows that through December, more absent days were lost due to vaccine side effects than any other reason. "Vaccine side effects" is the new "covid" when it comes to why staff aren't turning up for work. Of the "Positive covid test" absence - The vast majority are fully vaccinated. Just 2 instances of "Long Covid" - although one of these appears to actually be another vaccine side effect as well.

As for medical exemption, I'm hearing that despite employing doctors of their own, NHS trusts will not be allowed to exempt their own staff from vaccination. Staff must seek exemption from their GP....Which seems kind of ridiculous when you consider how inaccessible primary care has become. Still no clearer as to whether this exemption would get me in to Australia, although I think I'll get away with sitting next to the vaccinated at QPR.

I've explained my reasons for finding the video a bit suspicious. Can only assume that videos like this are what made you swallow the narrative in the first place. You tell unvaccinated people to blame the goons in the video, the unvaccinated people blame you for swallowing the massively over simplified "Sanity vs Anti Vaxxers" media narrative. It is what it is.

'Far easier to label someone an anti-vaxxer than to actually have a conversation with them.' Your own words - just delete the 'anti' and you'll have the other side of the coin.

So actually that's the first such video I've seen I think - I try to stay away from that sort of toxic nonsense, things are hard enough. The first post I saw from you on this was about a legitimate medical exemption scenario, which there does need to be a process for. Agreed with that.

In that last paragraph you're showing your hand a bit more I fear, looking for an angle, throwing the odd assumption around about the other 'side', back down the rabbit hole we go - no thanks. The unvaccinated can't blame me for swallowing anything because I haven't. Most people I know haven't in fact - they're just making their own measured choice about how to get out of this never ending mess.

If anything my view on all of this is probably too simple for you to get a proper bit of intellectual jousting out of, which I know based on your standard approach may be a let down.
Well Done Australia on 14:47 - Jan 12 with 2607 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 14:29 - Jan 12 by BklynRanger

'Far easier to label someone an anti-vaxxer than to actually have a conversation with them.' Your own words - just delete the 'anti' and you'll have the other side of the coin.

So actually that's the first such video I've seen I think - I try to stay away from that sort of toxic nonsense, things are hard enough. The first post I saw from you on this was about a legitimate medical exemption scenario, which there does need to be a process for. Agreed with that.

In that last paragraph you're showing your hand a bit more I fear, looking for an angle, throwing the odd assumption around about the other 'side', back down the rabbit hole we go - no thanks. The unvaccinated can't blame me for swallowing anything because I haven't. Most people I know haven't in fact - they're just making their own measured choice about how to get out of this never ending mess.

If anything my view on all of this is probably too simple for you to get a proper bit of intellectual jousting out of, which I know based on your standard approach may be a let down.

Yeh except we don't live in a society where we're placing restrictions on "vaxxed" people, so being labelled as "vaxxed" is hardly a problem, is it? But yeh I'd agree your view on this is highly simplified and probably not worth engaging with me on.

Well Done Australia on 14:57 - Jan 12 with 2611 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 14:47 - Jan 12 by SheffieldHoop

Yeh except we don't live in a society where we're placing restrictions on "vaxxed" people, so being labelled as "vaxxed" is hardly a problem, is it? But yeh I'd agree your view on this is highly simplified and probably not worth engaging with me on.

Highly simplified but not over simplified - there you go, agree completely
Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 15:38 - Jan 12 with 2516 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 14:57 - Jan 12 by BklynRanger

Highly simplified but not over simplified - there you go, agree completely

The Government/media's narrative around vaccination, and particularly those who don't want to get vaccinated, is massively over simplified. Surely if you don't agree with vaccine mandates you wouldn't be telling those on the rough end of the vaccine mandate to blame it on anti-vaxxers. That's ridiculous.

Anyway, we'll all find out what happens then the NHS is faced with moving 200,000 highly trained people onto the dole because someone somewhere thought mandatory vaccines were a good idea.

Well Done Australia on 16:11 - Jan 12 with 2493 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 15:38 - Jan 12 by SheffieldHoop

The Government/media's narrative around vaccination, and particularly those who don't want to get vaccinated, is massively over simplified. Surely if you don't agree with vaccine mandates you wouldn't be telling those on the rough end of the vaccine mandate to blame it on anti-vaxxers. That's ridiculous.

Anyway, we'll all find out what happens then the NHS is faced with moving 200,000 highly trained people onto the dole because someone somewhere thought mandatory vaccines were a good idea.

Sheff, Sheff, Sheff... Come on Sheff I'm a busy man, you're a busy man - I'm not the govt/media. Did I say I was the govt/media, or in agreement with the govt/media?

Go back and read the post if necessary - it wasn't about mandates it was about the idea that someone with a legitimate reason not to get vaccinated isn't being selfish, but is being undermined by vvankers, that's all. Simple.
Well Done Australia on 16:58 - Jan 12 with 2413 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 16:11 - Jan 12 by BklynRanger

Sheff, Sheff, Sheff... Come on Sheff I'm a busy man, you're a busy man - I'm not the govt/media. Did I say I was the govt/media, or in agreement with the govt/media?

Go back and read the post if necessary - it wasn't about mandates it was about the idea that someone with a legitimate reason not to get vaccinated isn't being selfish, but is being undermined by vvankers, that's all. Simple.

So we both disagree with mandated vaccination. Unlike many who've posted on this thread. It seems where we differ is, I think the problem is the people who pushed for & made the rules around mandatory vaccination. You seem to think it's the people protesting against the rules.

Doesn't matter if the rule is in Australia or the UK, mandatory vaccination is a bad idea full stop. The fact the Aussies are being applauded by many for behaving like tyrants is utterly disheartening.

Well Done Australia on 17:23 - Jan 12 with 2370 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 16:58 - Jan 12 by SheffieldHoop

So we both disagree with mandated vaccination. Unlike many who've posted on this thread. It seems where we differ is, I think the problem is the people who pushed for & made the rules around mandatory vaccination. You seem to think it's the people protesting against the rules.

Doesn't matter if the rule is in Australia or the UK, mandatory vaccination is a bad idea full stop. The fact the Aussies are being applauded by many for behaving like tyrants is utterly disheartening.

I think where we might disagree really is on the definition of a legitimate reason not to get vaccinated.

I suspect my definition is a bit narrower than yours but I could well be wrong.

Anyway I'll leave that can of worms alone at this point and wish you a good evening.
Well Done Australia on 21:40 - Jan 12 with 2186 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 17:23 - Jan 12 by BklynRanger

I think where we might disagree really is on the definition of a legitimate reason not to get vaccinated.

I suspect my definition is a bit narrower than yours but I could well be wrong.

Anyway I'll leave that can of worms alone at this point and wish you a good evening.

The people who are supposedly informed enough to define the 'legitimate' reasons for somebody to choose not to be vaccinated can't agree on them amongst themselves. So what hope have we got. I'll always maintain that "I don't want one" is a valid reason, in line with the commonly accepted medical ethics.

I reckon I'm going to be told to take the risk. I guess it will depend on how sympathetic whichever GP I get is feeling. Mrs SH is expected to get the vaccine no later than 16 weeks after giving birth, or is set to be fired and have to pay back some Maternity leave. This is someone who only joined the NHS in Feb 2020 and so has only really known it during the pandemic. They were quite happy for her to be deployed through all of 2020 before the vaccine was invented, with little to no PPE. Not anymore. It's not safe. It's unbelievable. They can have the maternity money back at 10p a month.

Anyway just off a Zoom with colleagues in Italy who have faced the same situation, and by all accounts it's a farce, many rules exist but are rarely enforced, because it would be impossible to run the hospital if they were, so that's promising.

Well Done Australia (n/t) on 11:25 - Jan 13 with 1897 viewsPunteR

Well Done Australia on 21:40 - Jan 12 by SheffieldHoop

The people who are supposedly informed enough to define the 'legitimate' reasons for somebody to choose not to be vaccinated can't agree on them amongst themselves. So what hope have we got. I'll always maintain that "I don't want one" is a valid reason, in line with the commonly accepted medical ethics.

I reckon I'm going to be told to take the risk. I guess it will depend on how sympathetic whichever GP I get is feeling. Mrs SH is expected to get the vaccine no later than 16 weeks after giving birth, or is set to be fired and have to pay back some Maternity leave. This is someone who only joined the NHS in Feb 2020 and so has only really known it during the pandemic. They were quite happy for her to be deployed through all of 2020 before the vaccine was invented, with little to no PPE. Not anymore. It's not safe. It's unbelievable. They can have the maternity money back at 10p a month.

Anyway just off a Zoom with colleagues in Italy who have faced the same situation, and by all accounts it's a farce, many rules exist but are rarely enforced, because it would be impossible to run the hospital if they were, so that's promising.

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 0:11]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Well Done Australia on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 1903 viewsJuzzie

I would love it to be but that's a utopian world that doesn't exist so I fully understand why it shouldn't be mandatory.

I get the notion of not burdening the health service or not affecting others but, as has been pointed out already, so many other aspects of life do this already..... smoking, excessive alcohol, obesity, riding a bicycle, riding a motorbike and so on.

The health service is there to serve this very purpose.... look after people. Yes, there is a collective thought that people should look after themselves but clearly that will never happen because not everyone is like that. So, rather than forcing people to take something they don't want (medical exempt people aside) how about the government invests in the NHS to be able to do it's job properly rather than slyly trying to sell it off and creating a US style situation which we know doesn't work and has always been about money not about looking after people.

I also get that innocent people may get caught up by catching it from someone but I could equally get run over crossing the road, which I have come close on a few occasions, when some fkwit has jumped the lights.

Life is fraught with dangers from others, if we strive to eradicate one of those then we have to eradicate all of them.

It's a really difficult situation with no easy one-size-fits-all answer. Am I happy about people simply not wanting to have the vaccine because they don't want to? No, of course not but that is the correct world we live in.

edit: I see I have been down voted already... that's fine but care to elaborate?

You have to understand the thought behind my post is along the lines of "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it.". This is the essence of a liberal democracy.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 12:49]
Well Done Australia on 12:02 - Jan 13 with 1847 viewsPhildo

Well Done Australia (n/t) on 11:25 - Jan 13 by PunteR

Hope your son is ok
Well Done Australia on 13:58 - Jan 13 with 1726 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia (n/t) on 11:25 - Jan 13 by PunteR

Well that's the reason the Consultant anaesthetist who challenged Sajid Javid gave. It's rooted in the core ethics of being a medic. It might sound childish, but it is backed up by some fairly ancient wisdom.

Your story sounds like a nightmare, sorry to hear it. Some people might look at that as evidence of the vaccine's ineffectiveness.

The argument isn't about whether people should get vaccinated or not. I think more or less everyone agrees that if you want to, you should. The argument is about whether governments can mandate a vaccine on people who don't want it.

Well Done Australia on 15:46 - Jan 13 with 1634 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 11:43 - Jan 13 by Juzzie

I would love it to be but that's a utopian world that doesn't exist so I fully understand why it shouldn't be mandatory.

I get the notion of not burdening the health service or not affecting others but, as has been pointed out already, so many other aspects of life do this already..... smoking, excessive alcohol, obesity, riding a bicycle, riding a motorbike and so on.

The health service is there to serve this very purpose.... look after people. Yes, there is a collective thought that people should look after themselves but clearly that will never happen because not everyone is like that. So, rather than forcing people to take something they don't want (medical exempt people aside) how about the government invests in the NHS to be able to do it's job properly rather than slyly trying to sell it off and creating a US style situation which we know doesn't work and has always been about money not about looking after people.

I also get that innocent people may get caught up by catching it from someone but I could equally get run over crossing the road, which I have come close on a few occasions, when some fkwit has jumped the lights.

Life is fraught with dangers from others, if we strive to eradicate one of those then we have to eradicate all of them.

It's a really difficult situation with no easy one-size-fits-all answer. Am I happy about people simply not wanting to have the vaccine because they don't want to? No, of course not but that is the correct world we live in.

edit: I see I have been down voted already... that's fine but care to elaborate?

You have to understand the thought behind my post is along the lines of "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it.". This is the essence of a liberal democracy.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 12:49]

Very well put. I do agree with this in the main, and I think it is absolutely correct for any supposedly civilised society
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 19:27]
Well Done Australia on 18:40 - Jan 13 with 1547 viewsPunteR

Well Done Australia on 13:58 - Jan 13 by SheffieldHoop

Well that's the reason the Consultant anaesthetist who challenged Sajid Javid gave. It's rooted in the core ethics of being a medic. It might sound childish, but it is backed up by some fairly ancient wisdom.

Your story sounds like a nightmare, sorry to hear it. Some people might look at that as evidence of the vaccine's ineffectiveness.

The argument isn't about whether people should get vaccinated or not. I think more or less everyone agrees that if you want to, you should. The argument is about whether governments can mandate a vaccine on people who don't want it.

Deleted posts. Unnecessarily dragging this thread along.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 0:17]

Well Done Australia on 06:21 - Jan 14 with 1409 viewsThe_Beast1976

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10400169/DAN-WOOTTON-real-lesson-Part
Well Done Australia on 07:03 - Jan 14 with 1390 viewstraininvain

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/14/novak-djokovic-visa-cancelled-tenn
Well Done Australia on 07:15 - Jan 14 with 1373 viewsPunteR

Well Done Australia on 12:02 - Jan 13 by Phildo

Hope your son is ok

Thanks mate. He's doing fine. Loving the days off school. :)

Well Done Australia on 07:25 - Jan 14 with 1363 viewswood_hoop

Well Done Australia on 07:03 - Jan 14 by traininvain

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/14/novak-djokovic-visa-cancelled-tenn

Seems he will be appealing, would have thought the Aussies would have thought he would, so imagine their case will be very strong.
Well Done Australia on 07:33 - Jan 14 with 1346 viewsEastR

Both sets of supporters were celebrating early Sue, but it's gone to a fifth set decider.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Well Done Australia on 07:35 - Jan 14 with 2350 viewsdistortR

130k new cases in Oz yesterday.

So important they kept this bloke out..........................
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024