Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England and racism again 02:33 - Sep 3 with 2996 viewsKeithHaynes

Another successful night for the English in Hungary, but the same old Eastern European rubbish.

Just ban them, deal with it.

Harry Kane on the racist chants aimed at England players: “I didn’t hear that. I will talk to the boys and see if they heard any of it. We will have to report it to Uefa as the rules permit. If that is the case, hopefully Uefa come down strong.”

Karen Carney on BBC Radio 5 Live: “Shocking scenes again, it is unnecessary from the fans.

“As soon as Raheem Sterling scored I thought ‘here we go again’. You knew something was going to happen. It is beyond a joke now.

“The governing bodies have to be consistent and they have to group together and eradicate it. It is not on, it is not good enough.

“Disappointing but credit to the England players for being professional and getting the job done but they shouldn’t have to go through that.

“It is a joke.”

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

England and racism again on 08:42 - Sep 3 with 1535 viewsWhiterockin

No more messing about with fines and banning spectators. Throw them out of this tournament and ban them from the next.
England and racism again on 08:59 - Sep 3 with 1513 viewsBadlands

How quickly we forget the scenes at Wembley on Euro final day.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

England and racism again on 09:25 - Sep 3 with 1492 viewsonehunglow

Yes racism exists in thi country but nowhere as endemic,viciou and state sponsored. This will become evident as Hungary's president is a FIFA Vice President.#

Eastern Bloc countries are far and away more racisy from tp to bottom.

Imagine players of the skin colour of Sterling playing for
Hungary
Croatia
Serbia
Ukraine

There is a reason for that

The players should have been led off the pitch,game abandoned and England given the win by ten goals. Hungary banned from all competitions for 5 years.

This will not happen but it should.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

England and racism again on 14:42 - Sep 3 with 1428 viewsLohengrin

England and racism again on 08:42 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

No more messing about with fines and banning spectators. Throw them out of this tournament and ban them from the next.

I was sat in a packed pub in west Oxfordshire watching that last night and I can’t honestly say that I heard anything of the sort, and the speakers in there were blaring. Nor, apparently, did England’s captain or manager on the spot.

A little tip for Sterling: if you don’t want to take flak from foreign crowds it’s a good idea not to take your shirt off and run straight over to the most vocally vociferous section of that crowd to taunt them after scoring. Just a thought...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

England and racism again on 15:01 - Sep 3 with 1402 viewsWhiterockin

England and racism again on 14:42 - Sep 3 by Lohengrin

I was sat in a packed pub in west Oxfordshire watching that last night and I can’t honestly say that I heard anything of the sort, and the speakers in there were blaring. Nor, apparently, did England’s captain or manager on the spot.

A little tip for Sterling: if you don’t want to take flak from foreign crowds it’s a good idea not to take your shirt off and run straight over to the most vocally vociferous section of that crowd to taunt them after scoring. Just a thought...

So it didn't happen because you didn't hear it sitting in a pub in Oxfordshire. When they went live to one of the ITV team sitting in the stand behind the goal who did hear it. Did you hear that with the speakers blaring.
England and racism again on 15:27 - Sep 3 with 1381 viewsBadlands

England and racism again on 14:42 - Sep 3 by Lohengrin

Maybe the Hungarians used Hungarian!
Orthodox Christian churches in the Eastern bloc fuel hatred of everything and anything slightly of their comfort zone and supports state oppression.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

England and racism again on 15:33 - Sep 3 with 1370 viewsLohengrin

England and racism again on 15:27 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Maybe the Hungarians used Hungarian!
Orthodox Christian churches in the Eastern bloc fuel hatred of everything and anything slightly of their comfort zone and supports state oppression.

You know most Hungarians are Roman Catholic, do you? Orthodoxy, either Greek or Eastern, has little to no traction there.

England and racism again on 15:37 - Sep 3 with 1363 viewsLohengrin

England and racism again on 15:01 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

So it didn't happen because you didn't hear it sitting in a pub in Oxfordshire. When they went live to one of the ITV team sitting in the stand behind the goal who did hear it. Did you hear that with the speakers blaring.

What did they say and when? I’ll download the game and go straight to the point you’re highlighting.

Login to get fewer ads

England and racism again on 15:49 - Sep 3 with 1346 viewsWhiterockin

England and racism again on 15:37 - Sep 3 by Lohengrin

What did they say and when? I’ll download the game and go straight to the point you’re highlighting.

Not long after Stirling scored. They went to a ITV "colleague" sitting in the stand behind the goal. He said he could clearly hear it.
England and racism again on 15:58 - Sep 3 with 1340 viewsCatullus

Devils advocate, Sterling should be reprimanded for winding the fans up and Hungary should have to play the rest of the tournament behind closed doors at home but with the warning that if it happens again they will be kicked out of whatever tournament it is.

All players should be told not to run to fans to celebrate or wind up oppo fans or face a suspension.
All fans should be told racist language or throwing missiles onto the pitch results in a closed stadium for 3 games and the culprit, if identified gets a lifetime ban.

In Strlings defence here, I watched how he handled racist abuse a while back, out in Serbia I think and he had every right to front up to the A holes.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

England and racism again on 15:59 - Sep 3 with 1340 viewsGwyn737

England and racism again on 15:49 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

Not long after Stirling scored. They went to a ITV "colleague" sitting in the stand behind the goal. He said he could clearly hear it.

There's also clear footage on youtube but I'm not sharing it.
England and racism again on 15:59 - Sep 3 with 1339 viewsLohengrin

England and racism again on 15:49 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

I could clearly hear him being booed every time the ball went near him after he scored. Was that what they were objecting to?

England and racism again on 16:16 - Sep 3 with 1322 viewsWhiterockin

England and racism again on 15:59 - Sep 3 by Lohengrin

I could clearly hear him being booed every time the ball went near him after he scored. Was that what they were objecting to?

Listen to what the guy says.
England and racism again on 16:37 - Sep 3 with 1289 viewsReslovenSwan1

England and racism again on 09:25 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

Yes racism exists in thi country but nowhere as endemic,viciou and state sponsored. This will become evident as Hungary's president is a FIFA Vice President.#

Eastern Bloc countries are far and away more racisy from tp to bottom.

Imagine players of the skin colour of Sterling playing for
Hungary
Croatia
Serbia
Ukraine

There is a reason for that

The players should have been led off the pitch,game abandoned and England given the win by ten goals. Hungary banned from all competitions for 5 years.

This will not happen but it should.

English fans turned on their own black skinned players after the Italy shoot out event. Are you suggested a 5 year ban for England?.

England fans also racial abuse the Welsh teams with abuse that has been convict-able in court to be racist (albeit only to Welsh policemen).

I have to respect Gareth Southgate for condemning Hungary while acknowledging his own people's deficiencies.

Zero tolerance and acceptance of all forms of racism with no exceptions.

Wise sage since Toshack era

England and racism again on 17:43 - Sep 3 with 1257 viewsonehunglow

England and racism again on 16:37 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

English fans turned on their own black skinned players after the Italy shoot out event. Are you suggested a 5 year ban for England?.

England fans also racial abuse the Welsh teams with abuse that has been convict-able in court to be racist (albeit only to Welsh policemen).

I have to respect Gareth Southgate for condemning Hungary while acknowledging his own people's deficiencies.

Ah FFS.
What is this do do with English fans then.

Your hatred of the English people is all too evident.

If England had abused players like that,then Yes is the answer to that.

BUT we are talking about last night and you seek to expand the dialogue to english hate.

My English friends are nothing like what YOU think so wind yer neck in.

England and racism again on 17:47 - Sep 3 with 1255 viewsonehunglow

Didnt hear it nor saw objects being thrown.
Players like Sterling are provoked and insulted .
They show contempt and our people pillory them.

That said,Kane should have walked the team off the pitch and then we will see how genuine the support is for anti racism.

I am no woke nor do I love the knee bend but eastern bloc countries have a level of racist evil many on here are oblivious too.

England and racism again on 17:52 - Sep 3 with 1246 viewsGwyn737

England and racism again on 16:37 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Which of the current Welsh team would feel racially abused according to your definition of the Welsh ‘race’?
England and racism again on 17:58 - Sep 3 with 1237 viewsonehunglow

"his own people".Pitiful
They are the same as most Welsh people,apart from you obviously in that dark ,narrow valley of hatred .
Ashley Williams . Welsh ? or not?

Our English players at the club then are different to the Welsh members so Morgan Whittaker different to Cullen, Cooper to Bidwell. Amazing they tolerate each other enough to share a dressing room .

Connor Roberts needs to be warned then as he is going to live amongst different people .

This is shameful speak from you.

England and racism again on 18:00 - Sep 3 with 1235 viewsGwyn737

England and racism again on 17:58 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

"his own people".Pitiful
They are the same as most Welsh people,apart from you obviously in that dark ,narrow valley of hatred .
Ashley Williams . Welsh ? or not?

Our English players at the club then are different to the Welsh members so Morgan Whittaker different to Cullen, Cooper to Bidwell. Amazing they tolerate each other enough to share a dressing room .

Connor Roberts needs to be warned then as he is going to live amongst different people .

This is shameful speak from you.

Connor should be fine. Wrong colour hair and eyes according to Resolven’s definition so not of the Welsh ‘race’.
England and racism again on 18:04 - Sep 3 with 1228 viewsonehunglow

England and racism again on 18:00 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Connor should be fine. Wrong colour hair and eyes according to Resolven’s definition so not of the Welsh ‘race’.

lol
Of course he will
He is swapping one "working class " town/city for another albeit one with a hugely different ethnic mix.
I can imagine Resolven being changed over 50 years from 95 % white to 95% asian,which is the case in the town of Burnley.

Connor will buy a property well away from the tiny terrace homes many of which owned by Robbie Fowler

England and racism again on 18:07 - Sep 3 with 1226 viewsCatullus

England and racism again on 17:43 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

Ah FFS.
What is this do do with English fans then.

Your hatred of the English people is all too evident.

If England had abused players like that,then Yes is the answer to that.

BUT we are talking about last night and you seek to expand the dialogue to english hate.

My English friends are nothing like what YOU think so wind yer neck in.

I think he's right this time, the way the English fans treated their own players was despicable. There should have been action taken.

Most football fans won't agree with what happened but any English fans identified after the abuse Saka and the others took should get a lifetime ban.

I still disagree with him that sheep noises or being called sheep botherers is racist.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

England and racism again on 18:22 - Sep 3 with 1205 viewsReslovenSwan1

England and racism again on 17:52 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Which of the current Welsh team would feel racially abused according to your definition of the Welsh ‘race’?

I have no record of any current Welsh players suffering from racism for being Welsh. Its out there on line for sure. Craig Bellamy and Robbie Savage would have had it in spades on account of their confrontational personalities. Welsh boxers Lee Selby and Liam Williams were viciously abused by Leeds Utd fans. Its on Youtube. Youtube were obliged to mute many abusive comments.

The whole team are subject to lewd insults from English fans from a distance. The BBC and ITV fail miserably to report it. The players brush it off. Dhanda has been abused for being Indian, Whittaker and Cabango for being black. It is undeniable that Welsh players get abused for being Welsh. If I trawl the internet I will find something without doubt. I am not on Twitter.

People are afraid to highlight it or compare it to the odious anti black abuse. I see it as part of the same cultural thinking. At the lower end of the spectrum admittedly. Cullen is not going to be upset as Dhanda was for sure. Others talk of 'zero tolerance' walking off the pitch, stopping matches etc.

Welsh people are the Celtic branch of the Indo European race and specifically targeted by English people. All four Welsh clubs and fans get 'sheep abuse'. 'Sheep abuse' has seen a conviction on record as 'racially aggravated'. In my opinion those promoting Anti Welsh abuse are the same people going after Black players it is limited to a toxic minority. I do not excucse either as simply "unpleasant behaviour" or "not being very nice" as it has a racial aspect.

England and racism again on 18:31 - Sep 3 with 1205 viewsonehunglow

England and racism again on 18:07 - Sep 3 by Catullus

I think he's right this time, the way the English fans treated their own players was despicable. There should have been action taken.

Most football fans won't agree with what happened but any English fans identified after the abuse Saka and the others took should get a lifetime ban.

I still disagree with him that sheep noises or being called sheep botherers is racist.

He use this incident to take another offensive swipe at English people making offensive generalisations.

Last night is what we are discussing. Most countries in east Europe have been doing this for years and no England hasnt been as bad as them.
We are talking whole nations vehemently racist.Look at what is going on now with Poland and Lithuania a regards Afghan refugees. They detest foreigners .

England and racism again on 18:35 - Sep 3 with 1202 viewsGwyn737

England and racism again on 18:22 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

I have no record of any current Welsh players suffering from racism for being Welsh. Its out there on line for sure. Craig Bellamy and Robbie Savage would have had it in spades on account of their confrontational personalities. Welsh boxers Lee Selby and Liam Williams were viciously abused by Leeds Utd fans. Its on Youtube. Youtube were obliged to mute many abusive comments.

The whole team are subject to lewd insults from English fans from a distance. The BBC and ITV fail miserably to report it. The players brush it off. Dhanda has been abused for being Indian, Whittaker and Cabango for being black. It is undeniable that Welsh players get abused for being Welsh. If I trawl the internet I will find something without doubt. I am not on Twitter.

People are afraid to highlight it or compare it to the odious anti black abuse. I see it as part of the same cultural thinking. At the lower end of the spectrum admittedly. Cullen is not going to be upset as Dhanda was for sure. Others talk of 'zero tolerance' walking off the pitch, stopping matches etc.

Welsh people are the Celtic branch of the Indo European race and specifically targeted by English people. All four Welsh clubs and fans get 'sheep abuse'. 'Sheep abuse' has seen a conviction on record as 'racially aggravated'. In my opinion those promoting Anti Welsh abuse are the same people going after Black players it is limited to a toxic minority. I do not excucse either as simply "unpleasant behaviour" or "not being very nice" as it has a racial aspect.

Anti Welsh abuse is xenaphobia, not racism.

Otherwise you discount all Welsh that don’t share the features you’ve highlighted.
England and racism again on 18:51 - Sep 3 with 1185 viewsReslovenSwan1

England and racism again on 18:35 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Anti Welsh abuse is xenaphobia, not racism.

Otherwise you discount all Welsh that don’t share the features you’ve highlighted.

I consider Celtic a race. A branch of the Indo European race. So do the courts. Welsh are less Celtic than Scots and Irish admittedly through years of integration and industrialisation. we have however kept our identity and culture to a certain degree.

""In Prestatyn, Wales, the phrase was the subject of a 2013 court case, after Anthony Taaffe of Bolton, Greater Manchester, England, a guest at a holiday park in Gronant, called an off-duty policeman and security staff "a bunch of sheep-shaggers". Taaffe claimed, in his defence, that the phrase was "a term for people living in the countryside". He also admitted a second similar offence, in which he called a police officer, at the custody unit to which he had been taken, a "Welsh sheep shagger". Taaffe was fined £150 after he admitted racially aggravated disorderly behaviour. ""

As I say probably at the lower end of the racialist spectrum.

Note the word 'racially'. Some would call this "being not very nice". That is not a crime. DNA analysis shows many indigenous UK people have Celtic genes. They called Irish Scottish Welsh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024