Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope England are taking note 17:22 - Jun 26 with 5147 viewsMalintabuk

20 mins in and the Welsh lads are taking the game to Denmark
Playing at a really good tempo and when in possession push forward quickly with purpose
Really good game so far
Hope England are taking note on 03:21 - Jun 27 with 1437 viewsMrSheen

Wales on the downslope unfortunately, but great achievement for a country their size. No shame to lose to that Danish team, very slick.
Hope England are taking note on 09:14 - Jun 27 with 1321 viewsfrancisbowles

This tournament with so many hosting nations is grossly unfair on the other teams.

You have to have a host and they always have an advantage but it is a fairly even playing field, with travel, for the other countries. This time there are several countries holding that benefit and the travelling that Wales had to undertake has taken a huge toll on a squad that doesn't have too many serious options.
Hope England are taking note on 09:28 - Jun 27 with 1289 viewsSonofpugwash

Wales kneel,Denmark 4
No matter,just like 2016 the open topped bus has already been ordered and there will be a quick parade around Pontrhyd-y-Groes before a slap up celebration at McDonald's Aberystwyth.(drive-in only,height restrictions apply)

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Hope England are taking note on 09:59 - Jun 27 with 1246 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hope England are taking note on 18:49 - Jun 26 by Malintabuk

Nothing wrong with being beaten by the better team. Think the Welsh have performed with great pride. They have been half way round Europe in hostile environments and today have been beaten by a really good Danish side
Up until the Danes took control after 30 mins thought Wales was positive and only when the better technical team changed their system was Wales beaten
Still think that England should be more positive on Tuesday and play at a higher tempo
Wales don't have players like Kane, Grealish, Forden etc and think we should take the game to Germany

Wales were awful against Switzerland, just about beat a truly dreadful Turkey side, and lost comfortably to Italy's reserves, before being well and truly whacked by Denmark.
A hel of a lot of myth-making about Wales in this tournament based on very, very little. Bale gone missing in every game except the one against poor opposition (see his performances for Spurs last season). Ramsey completely nullified yesterday, and there's very, very little else.
Flabbergasting interview from Bale blaming the ref (for a 4-0 defeat!) and all the travelling. Somehow, I suspect a few hours in first class on a plane probably not quite as difficult to overcome as the trauma of almost seeing your teammate die on the pitch. Tone deaf. Said they went out 'kicking and screaming'. Did they? Apart from that one petulant tackle, they offered nothing and Bale's fabled leadership was absent. Still, he gives a good teamtalk in a huddle.

Denmark were/are brilliant. Would love them to go all the way.

Bare bones.

Hope England are taking note on 10:01 - Jun 27 with 1243 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hope England are taking note on 19:14 - Jun 26 by OldPedro

Denmark the better side - the 2nd goal was the killer, should have been a free kick to Wales. Wilson never a red card and 4th goal was offside.

Denmark deserved to win but ref helped them with the margin.

Nonsense. Moore backed into Kjaer looking for it, if anything it was a foul the other way. 4th goal was clearly onside, VAR checked fair and square. And that wasn't a red (not that it mattered by then) but I'm very happy for it to be given as a red. Disgusting challenge. Petulant, childish, pathetic. I'd be happy for them always to be reds. No attempt to play the ball, just a kick out.

Bare bones.

Hope England are taking note on 10:21 - Jun 27 with 1209 viewsLythamR

Hope England are taking note on 10:01 - Jun 27 by Antti_Heinola

Nonsense. Moore backed into Kjaer looking for it, if anything it was a foul the other way. 4th goal was clearly onside, VAR checked fair and square. And that wasn't a red (not that it mattered by then) but I'm very happy for it to be given as a red. Disgusting challenge. Petulant, childish, pathetic. I'd be happy for them always to be reds. No attempt to play the ball, just a kick out.

"Moore backed into Kjaer looking for it"

Absolutely this, what is the point of having paid pundits and commentators if they think that is a foul by Denmark that should negate the goal!

absolute nonsense. Well done Wales for getting as far as they did but thoroughly deserved win by a considerably better side in Denmark
Hope England are taking note on 11:25 - Jun 27 with 1138 viewsOldPedro

Hope England are taking note on 10:01 - Jun 27 by Antti_Heinola

Disagree with you completely - challenge on Moore is always given as a foul, Wilson's foul always given as a yellow.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Hope England are taking note on 11:28 - Jun 27 with 1135 viewsOldPedro

Hope England are taking note on 10:21 - Jun 27 by LythamR

"Moore backed into Kjaer looking for it"

Absolutely this, what is the point of having paid pundits and commentators if they think that is a foul by Denmark that should negate the goal!

absolute nonsense. Well done Wales for getting as far as they did but thoroughly deserved win by a considerably better side in Denmark

Always given as a foul though - Austin has be awarded several free kicks this season for us for a lot less

Agree Denmark were the better side and deserved to win

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Hope England are taking note on 12:13 - Jun 27 with 1101 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hope England are taking note on 11:25 - Jun 27 by OldPedro

Disagree with you completely - challenge on Moore is always given as a foul, Wilson's foul always given as a yellow.

you don't disagree with me completely pedro! I said it wasn't a red - but very happy it was. IMO those challenges *should* be reds. A deliberate kick is as bad any other kind of violence on the pitch, only more cowardly. The law for a red card I believe is 'endangering an opponent' - a deliberate hack like that, whether it was likely to break his leg or not, arguably falls into that category I'm afraid.

Yes, Moore's would normally be given as a free kick, but it was the correct decision not to give it. Would I be annoyed if it happened to us? Yes, but the ball went a long, long way before they scored, and it doesn't make it a wrong decision.

Bare bones.

Hope England are taking note on 19:25 - Jun 27 with 944 viewsDieByYourSide

That 'boring' 1-0 against the Czechs not looking a bad result now

Poll: And it's hi ho

Hope England are taking note on 19:31 - Jun 27 with 924 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hope England are taking note on 19:25 - Jun 27 by DieByYourSide

This. Czechs were so efficient.

The margins in this tournament are so fine.
Hope England are taking note on 20:03 - Jun 27 with 865 viewsdenhamhoop2

Hope England are taking note on 11:25 - Jun 27 by OldPedro

To balance it out had the ref done his job and given Switzerland 2 penalties v Wales then it would've been bye bye for Wales in the Group to me looked like they have regressed as a team not surprising really given the 2 star players are both older and aren't regular starters for their clubs anymore
Hope England are taking note on 18:53 - Jun 28 with 749 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hope England are taking note on 19:25 - Jun 27 by DieByYourSide

That ‘boring’ 1-0 against Croatia also not looking a bad result now. They holding Spain and playing well.

If they go through and so do we I’d imagine it would be the first time a team has beaten two fellow quarterfinalists in the same tournament.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 18:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024