Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale 17:41 - Mar 1 with 38970 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54380/match-preview-hull-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54328/refwatch-hull-city-v-

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 07:57 - Mar 3 with 2636 viewsNorthernDale

BBM in his post match comments last night, he did not seem concerned, it was the same old 'we played well again' and the comment ,'if we repeat last night performance, we will finish the season very well'. no shots on target, again and two points from safety, with Bristol Rovers having a game in hand, and even Wimbledon, who are fourth bottom and a point in front us , have two games in hand on us.

The board must react today or have they wrote off this season and our league 1 status.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 08:03 - Mar 3 with 2615 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 20:47 - Mar 2 by 1907

Anyone saying “clear red card” is talking rubbish. I’ve watched that replay repeatedly and there’s nothing clear about it. In my opinion it clearly isn’t a red card and it’s the sort of tackle you see constantly throughout games, sometimes players make the most of it and other times they don’t. All it demonstrates is the inconsistency of refereeing.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 20:56]

Or anyone saying "clear red card" just has a different opinion to you.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 08:22 - Mar 3 with 2554 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 07:57 - Mar 3 by NorthernDale

BBM in his post match comments last night, he did not seem concerned, it was the same old 'we played well again' and the comment ,'if we repeat last night performance, we will finish the season very well'. no shots on target, again and two points from safety, with Bristol Rovers having a game in hand, and even Wimbledon, who are fourth bottom and a point in front us , have two games in hand on us.

The board must react today or have they wrote off this season and our league 1 status.

Are those comments actually directed at the board as a plea for want of a better word to keep his job.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 08:23 - Mar 3 with 2548 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 08:03 - Mar 3 by Mass_Debater

Is it OK to be borderline aggressive with the other person and tell them they're talking crap because their opinion doesn't jive with yours though? Doesn't bother me but it seemed to understandably get others backs up.

I must admit to not being fully au fait with the rules for what constitutes a red card tackle these days and having read others viewpoints and DYSporting's Post I acknowledge that I was wrong and it was a sending off offence. As has been pointed out though, 10-20 years ago that's probably seen as a great tackle and is another reason that my interest in the modern game is deteriorating rapidly.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 08:33 - Mar 3 with 2501 viewsbazingadale

No wonder the performances are below par week in week out if bbm deems them as brilliant etc. The players will think that it's acceptable what's going on at the moment. If he's not going to go then it's about time bbm started to show some fire and stop accepting these god awful performances
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:01 - Mar 3 with 2416 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 01:36 - Mar 3 by AtThePeake

BBM mentioned in that clip that the players have 'changed the dynamic and the perception of where we should be by their performances.' He isn't wrong, because at one point earlier this season I felt we should finish relatively comfortably above the relegation zone with the way we were playing. Now I think we will finish several points adrift at the bottom of the table.

In isolation, that wasn't a terrible performance tonight, at least not until the 2nd Hull goal, but the wider picture is one win in 15, 1 win in 20 home games and 0 goals in 5 games. To me, that's indefensible. I have no idea how or why he is still the manager of the football club.

I'm so utterly fed up of watching us at the minute. It takes some doing to be a low point of a week stuck inside during lockdown, but Dale are somehow managing to be the two lowest points of every week at the moment, so fair play.

Sorry meant to up vote. Agree with all of that.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:03 - Mar 3 with 2408 viewsdiver

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 23:10 - Mar 2 by DaleFan7

He's getting into Hill's delusion stage now. All he has to do is have a go at the fans and then he'll have the full set. Maybe that's the club's criteria for sacking the manager, if so we'll have to wait until August (hopefully).

Cannot have a go at fans we ain’t been there since last March !!
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:15 - Mar 3 with 2342 viewsDalenet

BBM mentioned in that clip that the players have 'changed the dynamic and the perception of where we should be by their performances.' He isn't wrong, because at one point earlier this season I felt we should finish relatively comfortably above the relegation zone with the way we were playing. Now I think we will finish several points adrift at the bottom of the table.

In isolation, that wasn't a terrible performance tonight, at least not until the 2nd Hull goal, but the wider picture is one win in 15, 1 win in 20 home games and 0 goals in 5 games. To me, that's indefensible. I have no idea how or why he is still the manager of the football club.

I'm so utterly fed up of watching us at the minute. It takes some doing to be a low point of a week stuck inside during lockdown, but Dale are somehow managing to be the two lowest points of every week at the moment, so fair play.

Yes agree with that. As fans this just hits our mental health. The club staff and players still get paid.

I am resigned to relegation now. It is all so desperately sad for a club that had stronger finances than most at our level to survive the pandemic. We have rolled over and accepted our fate. So given where we are, we need the directors to explain what the plan is for the next few years. What is their vision? Is it just survival or do they understand that we need to live up to a wider purpose.....such as providing entertainment, creating a positive beacon of hope in a cultural desert, putting the town on the map, doing a Burton, an Accrington or a Wycombe and take sport seriously and compete to the best of our ability? Surviving is not an ambition or a purpose and if anything it will mean we fall off the football cliff. So share your plan, your vision and tell us what that means you will do before we have no fans to sustain a club
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:33 - Mar 3 with 2286 viewsJames1980

Do these comments infuriate more or does he have a point?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 9:35]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:42 - Mar 3 with 2239 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:33 - Mar 3 by James1980

He has to fight his corner. He is never going to say that he is tactically inept is he?

And I don't believe that we have the lowest budget in the league. The problem we have is that we are paying for 30 players and less than half are able to get themselves onto the pitch.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:42 - Mar 3 with 2236 viewsRotherhamDale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:33 - Mar 3 by James1980

Complete nonsense yet again.

He really does think we played well last night.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:43 - Mar 3 with 2233 views1907

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 08:03 - Mar 3 by Mass_Debater

The issue here was that from the footage available on ifollow it really wasn't a "clear red card", it was a red card that was up for debate.

I totally accept DY's post & the fact he had a different perspective from those of us watching on the TV to form an opinion.

For the other poster to say "we're talking shite" because we felt it wasn't a clear red card is just somewhat childish.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:02 - Mar 3 with 2154 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:42 - Mar 3 by RotherhamDale

Complete nonsense yet again.

He really does think we played well last night.

The "poor little Rochdale" theme again. At the end he says "I think we're a side who are very exciting to watch". Many paying supporters will disagree. It's been a painful chore watching what he sends onto the pitch in the vast majority of games. Seeing your club 23rd out of 24 in the league table is nothing to be excited about. His impressions are contradicted by reality.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:03 - Mar 3 with 2149 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:43 - Mar 3 by 1907

The issue here was that from the footage available on ifollow it really wasn't a "clear red card", it was a red card that was up for debate.

I totally accept DY's post & the fact he had a different perspective from those of us watching on the TV to form an opinion.

For the other poster to say "we're talking shite" because we felt it wasn't a clear red card is just somewhat childish.

Agree, although you said "Anyone saying "clear red card" is talking rubbish".
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:11 - Mar 3 with 2114 viewsjacko_dale

Every time I refresh Twitter and see something from the club, I get a sinking feeling when I see it's comments from his interview and not 'Club Statement'.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:21 - Mar 3 with 2072 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:11 - Mar 3 by jacko_dale

Every time I refresh Twitter and see something from the club, I get a sinking feeling when I see it's comments from his interview and not 'Club Statement'.

The light at the end of the tunnel is always the thought that it might have been his last game. Sadly I’ve been thinking that for a while now.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:22 - Mar 3 with 2065 viewsBucketBstard

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:53 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

That’s very true from that angle. But even when they were winning, watching Farrell, Leonard, Bryson, Pender, Bailey et al was enough to make three points quite depressing too.

Sorry marked down by error , was meant to reply ...Pender???? I cant remember him playing ...didnt he get injured pre-season LOL
As for Lenny the Lampost Leonard , he was fun to watch , as mobile as a lampost
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:33 - Mar 3 with 2024 viewsBucketBstard

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:17 - Mar 2 by dingdangblue

Would rather make Father McGuire than the current idiot LOL
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 1975 viewsBucketBstard

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:43 - Mar 3 by 1907

We all seem to have missed the point that it was a pointless challenge anyway, the guy wasnt exactly going anywhere. Well he was moving forward so perhaps this Dirty Leeds player thought , thats not our philosophy. He went in studs up , Hackney Marshes comment from Sky reporter. Shame he didnt have a 10 minute walk back to the changing rooms to realise what a prat he was!
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:01 - Mar 3 with 1932 viewsNorthernDale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 08:22 - Mar 3 by James1980

Are those comments actually directed at the board as a plea for want of a better word to keep his job.

Far from it, he should have gone in December, but raises questions about the board, are they incompetent in that they cannot see that BBM is not up to the job , complacent in that we were out of the bottom four and they thought this scenario would continue and we would avoid relegation or do they actually believe the hype that BBM is one of the most young talented coaches in the game.

I must admit his comments are wearing thin, the small budget excuse, but look at Accrington and if we have a small budget then Accy, I would be shocked. But we should be so despondent, because, we will continue to play good football like we did last night and (hopefully) score goals (we need to hit the target first, which would be an achievement in itself), we will finish the season very well. The question is, 'does he actually believe his own comments'?
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:08 - Mar 3 with 1896 viewsonedalefan

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 08:23 - Mar 3 by richfoad32

Is it OK to be borderline aggressive with the other person and tell them they're talking crap because their opinion doesn't jive with yours though? Doesn't bother me but it seemed to understandably get others backs up.

I must admit to not being fully au fait with the rules for what constitutes a red card tackle these days and having read others viewpoints and DYSporting's Post I acknowledge that I was wrong and it was a sending off offence. As has been pointed out though, 10-20 years ago that's probably seen as a great tackle and is another reason that my interest in the modern game is deteriorating rapidly.

Wish some-one would talk borderline aggressive to BBM and tell him he's talking crap!
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:46 - Mar 3 with 1790 views49thseason

Pedigree Petfoods sales conference:
Sales Director's closing remarks...
" so, as we have seen, we have a wonderful new product, fill of vitamins and deliciousness, the healthiest dog food on the market! We have award winning advertising , we have excellent instore promotions and managers bonuses, But I have a question.....why are we not selling record- breaking numbers of this brilliant new product?

Much shuffling of feet and and embarassed silence from the assembled sales reps. Eventually there is muttering from the back... Sales Director: "come on come on, speak up".

Slowly a hand rises and a voice comes out of the gloom, " the fooking dogs don't like it"
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:41 - Mar 3 with 1675 viewsDaleiLama

Great post which perfectly sums where I am up to at present — the one difference being I didn’t buy a pass last night.
I have contemplated our current position and predicament for a while, trying to look at it from all angles and here’s where I’m at.
I started from the position that we had a decent enough squad which didn’t deserve to go down. I took the cheese and believed BBM was a bright, progressive young coach and he would continue to develop the squad and we would “punch above our weight” and might even progress to contemplating “top half” of league 1 by extrapolation. We had potential! That word.
Trouble is, the facts are the facts. We are now firmly in the drop zone and scoring 1 goal in seven games is not going to get us out of the fetid mess we are currently in. Neither is an inability to realise where we are, which BBM seems to possess in spades, or the inability to change the game plan (through injuries partially) but mainly through methodology.
There are so many paradoxes around where we are now, that it really is difficult to see the wood from the trees sometimes. We score 17 in seven games and are anointed the most entertaining team in the league after our opponents net 18. This was followed by a goal drought which has folks reaching for the record books to see how bad this is in a historical perspective. A form table featuring one goal in seven games almost guarantees relegation.
We look spent to me now. Earlier in the season, we could concede 1 or 2 goals and you never thought we were out of it. The team seemed to run through brick walls for BBM Now, as soon as our net bulges, it’s curtain time.
BBM’s ability to be “Harry the bastard” has been discussed at length and there are as many management styles as there are managers, but I do feel that a team takes on the persona of its manager and we are now too laid back. We have so little “bite” anymore that it seems like only Ollie goes in for tackles and wins the ball outside of our back 4 in open play. At set pieces we rarely attack the ball — just watch and hope. In some games we throw ourselves in front of the ball in defence, in others we stand off. In some games we retain positional awareness, in others, posts are deserted and we are opened up like a kipper. There is very little consistency, discipline and focus on display in too many games and all that emanates from the top. The latest manifestation is 2 petulant red cards (Ollie and Lundy) and a dangerous play one.
It’s difficult to know what BBM is like behind closed doors, but I stopped listening to his pressers a while ago. If, as DA speculated earlier in this thread, the players are anywhere close to a similar mindset, it explains the disarray we find ourselves in too often.
Are we developing players? Roberts came in and looked great then went backwards. Ditto Osho. Humps was steaming. Now he looks an isolated and moribund figure up front searching for scraps. We rarely see those jinking runs from Baah anymore (he’s getting a lot of attention) and Newby, who can leave a man dead with mis-direction and can cross with both feet, hardly seems to get a chance either. Try going through the squad, player-by-player, to see who has really improved in the current set-up under BBM. EOC was good when he came in and still is. Ditto Ollie, Lundy and Humps. Other than that, right now, I see no one who has progressed and a squad which is bang out of form.
For me, now, inaction will lead to an inevitable relegation. What we are doing isn’t working so we have to change it. To add to not being able to watch/listen to BBM anymore as his credibility bridges have been burned, I also won’t be tuning in to any more games, either, for the foreseeable. The board (a whole other story picked over at length on other threads) are backing BBM and have signalled a clear intent to turn us into customers, so I am reacting like I would in any other aspect of my life and voting with my feet for now. I can’t cheer and affect the team watching from home, but maybe I can affect the decision making by withdrawing my financial support. This is not a call to arms for others to follow suit, nor is it a “toys out the pram” sulk, it’s just a fan who has had enough disillusionment and is temporarily doing something better with his time and money. Last night I watched the Pele documentary and sat in wonder watching a legend. Spotland isn’t my happy place any more. Sadly.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:52 - Mar 3 with 1642 viewsRAFC_1990

How are we going to get the supporters opinion heard? I'm not just going to sit back and watch our club and all the hard work to establish us in League 1 go to pot! Even if we get relegated (Which we most certainly will) I cant watch this drivel in League 2, I need someone to excite me and rally the troops.

Do we all bombard Mr Kellys inbox? How else can we be heard? This is painful, its not entertainment and BBM is taking the mick out of me and my hard earned cash with this pathetic interviews.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 13:19 - Mar 3 with 1551 viewsmilnrowblue

I caved last night and ended up watching until the red card.

Brian is getting a hell of a lot wrong, which is sad, and I am not shifting any blame from his shoulders - however, the players have to step up now.

McLaughlin walking for throw-ins when we need every second we can get with the ball on the pitch is totally embarrassing to watch. Where is the intensity? BBM saying we couldn't match Burton's intensity? WHY NOT? Intensity isn't something that comes naturally, it's about being willing to put yourself about a bit and showing even the slightest amount of care in what you're doing.

Morley needs a rest. Simple as that. He's played all season and I can't remember one good game. His passing is shot, trying the same things over and over, I don't think he can particularly defend either so what does he actually do? Just because he's an academy product doesn't mean he should get a pass to walk into the team every week, because as performances go he's been underwhelming to say the very least.

I rate Keohane as a decent squad player, and he performed well at right back in the first half of the season, but putting a player who won't cross with his left foot at left back is plain idiocy. Done started to put a few good performances in and he gets dropped. If him and Baah were on the the left wing last night we might have actually scored.

Humphries gets no support whatsoever, and I really feel for the lad because he should be banging goals in left, right and centre.

Average of 51 points over the 5 previous (completed) seasons it takes for teams to stay up. As it stands, you could keep us in this league for another season and I highly doubt we'd get anywhere near it.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 13:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024