Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke Match Thread 01:36 - Dec 15 with 24343 viewsnumptydumpty

insomnia has struck but its for the good of all

I certain i be good omen for match thread op...
First win of many with myself starting match threads..

My head says we will lose 1-0.

But seen as I started this particular thread 3-1 to the hoops. Dykes (Pen), Carroll and BOS

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Stoke Match Thread on 18:21 - Dec 15 with 1329 viewsstevec

Stoke Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 15 by Nov77

I was thinking about that today, dykes is making Washington look like Jimmy greaves.

Waiting for the replay, I swear Dykes doesn’t even look at the ball.

Apparently he’s good at rugby.
Stoke Match Thread on 18:21 - Dec 15 with 1329 viewsted_hendrix

Stoke have kept nine clean sheets in the Championship this season.

Seven of those have come away from home.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stoke Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 15 with 1320 viewsLunarJetman

Stoke Match Thread on 18:08 - Dec 15 by paulparker

Missed a sitter tonight
Missed a sitter against Millwall when we where one up
Missed a sitter vs Brentford

Are we ignoring the fact that the defender got a toe to the cross so it bobbled up onto Dykes’ shin or does that not help fit the narrative that he’s shite?
Stoke Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 15 with 1312 viewsqprd

PLEASE EVERYONE STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR DYKES

how many shots on target does he have through 16 games (excluding penalties)

conor washington was absolutely useless but at least he found himself with scoring chances (which he mostly missed)

no more excuses for dykes, please. yes, BOS has done nothing and adomah has been quiet but chair has been creating chances.... and a striker can only blame serviec so much...

dykes has other ways to score... he can create for himself, he can score off corners and set pieces, he can score scruffy rebounds and poachers goals in the box

the guy is absolutely useless, i hate to say it but other than work rate and some back to the goal hold up play, what has he done for us?
Stoke Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 15 with 1311 viewsnumptydumpty

P****s me off that there is always someone in the team the fans want to get on the back of. Currently from this thread its Dykes.

Note to some on here - players respond better if they not crucified and instead encouraged !!!!!

You never know who reads whats written here !!!!

Stoke Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 15 with 1281 viewsTGRRRSSS

Just been looking at his Wiki - he played best as a foil for Queen of Souths Main striker Steven Dobbie - who's now 38!!

His goals in Scotland is nothing to write home about which makes the signing even more perplexing, if he gets 10 goals this season it'll be a mireacle.

I agree about the BOS thing and something not being right though.
Stoke Match Thread on 18:24 - Dec 15 with 1254 viewsqprd

Stoke Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 15 by LunarJetman

Are we ignoring the fact that the defender got a toe to the cross so it bobbled up onto Dykes’ shin or does that not help fit the narrative that he’s shite?

tell me how many genuine scoring chances he has had through 16 games

i will forgive misses... fans are way too harsh on strikers for missing, its part of the game

what bothers me is he doesnt he even have enough opportunities to miss

im not sure ive seen a striker with a worse goal scoring instinct

and yet warbs will continue to play him up front on his own in this formation....
Stoke Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 15 with 1216 viewssilverbirch

Stoke Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 15 by qprd

conor washington was absolutely useless but at least he found himself with scoring chances (which he mostly missed)

no more excuses for dykes, please. yes, BOS has done nothing and adomah has been quiet but chair has been creating chances.... and a striker can only blame serviec so much...

dykes has other ways to score... he can create for himself, he can score off corners and set pieces, he can score scruffy rebounds and poachers goals in the box

the guy is absolutely useless, i hate to say it but other than work rate and some back to the goal hold up play, what has he done for us?

You really expect him to score with the service he gets, from all the players you say aren’t playing well. Or to score from our corners?
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 15 with 1214 viewsjoolsyp

Evening all, missed the first half as I didn't realise this was an early K.O!

VancouverHoop, thanks for the heads-up re: DAZN coverage. The commentary is usually awful though, makes you realise how good Sints and Nick London are.
Stoke Match Thread on 18:26 - Dec 15 with 1180 viewsnumptydumpty

Stoke Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 15 by qprd

Err - He has scored five goals - joint leading scorer for rangers this season....

Clearly you saying its only one as four from penalties - he has the guts to take the penalties and his penalties have all been buried very confidently

Some fans need a rain check !!!!!

Stoke Match Thread on 18:27 - Dec 15 with 1141 viewsLowerloftLad

can i also admit i had absolutely no idea we was playing until i randomly checked the sky sports app 🙈

how have we been doing ?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 18:29]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Stoke Match Thread on 18:28 - Dec 15 with 1125 viewskarl

On old bumpy pitches a centre forward covers that ball with more foot/shin etc expecting a bad bounce but he just went with the sweet spot and slightest deviation took it away.
I remember how well he played for Scotland, getting early passes and runners in support, he's not the messiah but equally he's better than we're seeing atm, a lot is his fault but he's not being helped either
Stoke Match Thread on 18:28 - Dec 15 with 1120 viewstraininvain

Stoke Match Thread on 17:56 - Dec 15 by TacticalR

What's the point of Chair making fouls in the centre circle?

Tactical foul TacticalR.
Stoke Match Thread on 18:28 - Dec 15 with 1117 viewsdenhamhoop2

Stoke Match Thread on 18:13 - Dec 15 by CamberleyR

Phoning it in so he doesn't get injured until his move in January.

+1 Totally playing for himself at the moment and still automatic pick doesn't say much for Thomas does it
Stoke Match Thread on 18:29 - Dec 15 with 1109 viewsNov77

Stoke Match Thread on 18:27 - Dec 15 by LowerloftLad

can i also admit i had absolutely no idea we was playing until i randomly checked the sky sports app 🙈

how have we been doing ?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 18:29]

Brilliant, like watching the 1982 Brazil team but without all the good bits.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Stoke Match Thread on 18:29 - Dec 15 with 1102 viewsVancouverHoop

Stoke Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 15 by joolsyp

Evening all, missed the first half as I didn't realise this was an early K.O!

VancouverHoop, thanks for the heads-up re: DAZN coverage. The commentary is usually awful though, makes you realise how good Sints and Nick London are.

It's a one man show for sure, and he's not at all invested like our guys. But he's not horrible.
Stoke Match Thread on 18:29 - Dec 15 with 1090 viewsngbqpr

F**k me - popped on for a half time glance - the negativity level is getting Twitter / Facebook like.

Is it a classic? No. Has the team bereft of form just gone toe to toe with the team in form? Yes. Has the much-maligned defence looked solid, as it did on Saturday? Yes.

FFS. I am very aware we could screw up the second half, but there seems to be a real appetite to jump on anything & everything.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Stoke Match Thread on 18:29 - Dec 15 with 1075 views2Thomas2Bowles

Stoke Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 15 by LunarJetman

A good striker would be attacking the ball, he was waiting for it he is half-heartedly stuck a leg out.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Stoke Match Thread on 18:29 - Dec 15 with 1081 viewsjohncharles

That was a sitter ?????????????

Strong and stable my arse.

Stoke Match Thread on 18:30 - Dec 15 with 1075 viewsTomS

Stoke Match Thread on 18:10 - Dec 15 by Nov77

BOS has done the square root of nothing this half

The way I saw it is that he was double marked on the left. We tried to drag Stoke to our right, then launched diagonal balls from right mid/ right back trying to find him on his own. It hasn't worked yet.
Stoke Match Thread on 18:31 - Dec 15 with 1045 viewsQPRSteve

Chair the only on offering any thing going forward for us. We really need to get the others doing more. No midfield as usual. Carrol has been anonymous.
Stoke Match Thread on 18:31 - Dec 15 with 1045 viewsdavman

Beyond me how anyone can defend Dykes goalscoring prowess. One goal from open play in around 16 games and at least four sitters missed. That one tonight was an absolute sitter, don't care about "bobbles" or slight deflections.

Yes his workrate is up there, but strikers get judged by goals. He is poor for QPR. Whether that is the service (don't think so) or the support he gets (maybe) I dunno. He has been poor though.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Stoke Match Thread on 18:31 - Dec 15 with 1044 viewsRangersw12

What amazes me watching tonight is that people really seem to think a new manager would suddenly change things
Stoke Match Thread on 18:31 - Dec 15 with 1034 viewsqprd

Stoke Match Thread on 18:26 - Dec 15 by numptydumpty

Err - He has scored five goals - joint leading scorer for rangers this season....

Clearly you saying its only one as four from penalties - he has the guts to take the penalties and his penalties have all been buried very confidently

Some fans need a rain check !!!!!

if you exclude penalties, he averages less shots per game than rob dickie

hes scored 1 goal in open play and has only had 6 missed big chances

forgot a striker who scores every other game. we are talking about a striker who is generating 1 good goal scoring chance for himself every other game

i will forgive misses. but watching him try to create in the box is honestly pathetic

i am not willing to write him off, but can we at least acknowledge that hes been dreadful?
Stoke Match Thread on 18:31 - Dec 15 with 1027 viewsdaveB

Stoke Match Thread on 18:08 - Dec 15 by paulparker

Missed a sitter tonight
Missed a sitter against Millwall when we where one up
Missed a sitter vs Brentford

Didn't think the Millwall and Brentofrd ones were sitters but should have done better. Part of the problem is those are the only 3 chances we've created for him in the last 5 games, no striker is going to score many when thats all we create for them.

Dykes to me is nowhere near as bad as he's being made out to be in this thread but also nowhere near as good as many were suggesting 2 months ago
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024