Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 139224 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:41 - Oct 11 with 1991 viewstrampie

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:28 - Oct 11 by A_Fans_Dad

There are 3 main differences.
1. Covid is more infectious than flu.
2. Covid is more lethal than common modern flus.
3. There is no vaccine for covid.
So it tends to overwhelm the Health Services and infect the front line health workers as well.

But it does not seem in proportion, flu kills loads yet the World isn't shut down and having to wear masks, this Covid thing is having strick restrictions enforced on the public but the people that should know how potentially serious it is are carrying on without a care in the world as if it's next to nothing.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:07 - Oct 12 with 1898 viewsAndy1300

When the disease was out of control in March and April, rationed testing meant that at times more than 40 per cent of test results were positive, but this has since plummeted to just 2.3 per cent in the community and 0.5 per cent in hospitals.

As I said, test more, find more.

There is no need for these increased restrictions

Taken from this link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8705951/Percentage-positive-Covid-19-te

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:10 - Oct 12 with 1893 viewsAndy1300

Why are these idiot reporters in wards talking to people who are covid positive?

Unbelievable

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:20 - Oct 12 with 1875 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:00 - Oct 13 with 1803 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:20 - Oct 12 by Andy1300

Compare Sweden's death rate with Singapore 28 deaths for 5 million people as against 5894 deaths for 10 million people in Sweden. Lockdown works if done correctly. You can add it in many other Asian and Australasian countries.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:22 - Oct 18 with 1753 viewsAndy1300

Nobody dies of anything else, but yeah, let’s lockdown everyone

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:19 - Oct 18 with 1719 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:44 - Oct 18 with 1702 viewsmajorraglan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:22 - Oct 18 by Andy1300

Nobody dies of anything else, but yeah, let’s lockdown everyone

The total number of excess deaths since March is around 60,000, maybe this dreadful illness is taking people suffering with the above and a lot more.

With regards to the actual numbers, if somebody dies within 28 days of testing positive then it’s counted as a Covid death, if they die after 30 days it isn’t counted. So someone could be admitted to hospital, deteriorate, spend time on a ventilator which keeps them alive in to the 30th day before they pass away and it’s not a Covid death. Most of the figures can be manipulated, but the excess death rate can’t - and it’s showing a pretty poor state of affairs.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 23:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:55 - Oct 19 with 1640 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:58 - Oct 19 with 1637 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:44 - Oct 18 by majorraglan

The total number of excess deaths since March is around 60,000, maybe this dreadful illness is taking people suffering with the above and a lot more.

With regards to the actual numbers, if somebody dies within 28 days of testing positive then it’s counted as a Covid death, if they die after 30 days it isn’t counted. So someone could be admitted to hospital, deteriorate, spend time on a ventilator which keeps them alive in to the 30th day before they pass away and it’s not a Covid death. Most of the figures can be manipulated, but the excess death rate can’t - and it’s showing a pretty poor state of affairs.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 23:24]

So not really that bad compared to a couple of years ago, without Covid

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea

Excess deaths fluctuate, it’s not really a good way to scare people into thinking the virus is as bad as you say!

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:01 - Oct 19 with 1601 viewsAndy1300

Coming to Wales soon

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:33 - Oct 20 with 1550 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:58 - Oct 19 by Andy1300

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea

Excess deaths fluctuate, it’s not really a good way to scare people into thinking the virus is as bad as you say!

The excess death rate in December January and February was below the 5 year average due to a very mild Winter, some people who survived the Winter possible had an extra 6 months before dying a natural death.
Now more are dying of preventable causes as they cannot get doctors appointments or NHS treatment.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:13 - Oct 20 with 1550 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:33 - Oct 20 by felixstowe_jack

The excess death rate in December January and February was below the 5 year average due to a very mild Winter, some people who survived the Winter possible had an extra 6 months before dying a natural death.
Now more are dying of preventable causes as they cannot get doctors appointments or NHS treatment.

Yes, there are graphs showing a dip in deaths at the 3nd of last year, same for many countries around Europe, they just held on a few months longer and it coincided with covid, very convenient.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:42 - Oct 20 with 1541 viewsMartinSwan

I assume you have already had a discussion about how unusual this virus is.

One more unusual fact that not a lot of people know, is it can apparrently survive on the outside surface of containers of frozen food.

Very unusual and more than slightly worrying
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:49 - Oct 20 with 1520 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:42 - Oct 20 by MartinSwan

I assume you have already had a discussion about how unusual this virus is.

One more unusual fact that not a lot of people know, is it can apparrently survive on the outside surface of containers of frozen food.

Very unusual and more than slightly worrying

Most viruses appear to take very low temperatures well as that is how they store them.
But as you say it needs to be remembered when handling food.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:48 - Oct 20 with 1484 viewsmajorraglan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:58 - Oct 19 by Andy1300

Excess Deaths will fluctuate, but the comparison you are making is with Winter of 2017/2018, the worst for since records began 40 years earlier. The Covid19 spike started in late March through spring and summer, a time of the year when deaths traditionally decrease.

1148 nw cases today and 10 new deaths, sadly the trajectory is upwards and it’s going to get worse before it gets better.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:02 - Oct 20 with 1473 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:22 - Oct 21 with 1455 viewsJack123

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:02 - Oct 20 by Andy1300

Brilliant,That's just how I feel.

libera nos a malo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:33 - Oct 21 with 1453 viewsJack123

This video has been doing the rounds on twitter, and what I find interesting is when Chris Bryant states (from around 1:25 onwards that his local hospital had 130 cases, and 35 deaths, that for me, says that the poor souls did not die of covid, I have the seen the graphs of the likelihood of dying from covid, and that just cannot be right, they must have died of something else?

It doesn't add up, even the worst case scenario graphs for the 85 plus year olds, and with 2 or three underlying health conditions, it still doesn't make sense.. That's why I think they must have passed away of something non-covid.

Edit, I forgot to add they contracted the virus whilst staying in hospital.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 0:42]

libera nos a malo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 02:08 - Oct 21 with 1436 viewsJack123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54614002

Jesus Christ, give me strength !! We haven't had the firebreaker yet lol, and already they are giving us a gypsy's warning of things to come, it's an absolute joke,,

libera nos a malo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:10 - Oct 21 with 1399 viewsAndy1300

This is shocking.

These restrictions are going too far!

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:06 - Oct 21 with 1374 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 02:08 - Oct 21 by Jack123

Jesus Christ, give me strength !! We haven't had the firebreaker yet lol, and already they are giving us a gypsy's warning of things to come, it's an absolute joke,,

They have ultimate control over us now and will maximise it.

It’s all becoming a bit too much!

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:44 - Oct 22 with 1324 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford has decreed that supermarkets can only sell essential goods. Wonder if he will provide a list of goods he considers essential? Does he consider alcohol essential?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:14 - Oct 22 with 1315 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 02:08 - Oct 21 by Jack123

This is exactly why we need a longer term plan that is somehwere in between, not a full lockdown but not fully open, tougher punishments for rule breakers and a unified decision so the message is the same all across the UK.

Devolution, the mixed messages, it's causing more trouble.

If this lockdown works but then cases rocket again, what is the point? We need to get cases down and keep them down.

I read tonight that my area is a current hotspot, Skewen has 678 cses per 100k. Yesterday I witnessed a very busy "drinking establishment" with little to no distancing. I saw young people not wearing masks, not distancing. I saw schoolkids not wearing masks and jumping all over each other, I went in Tesco and saw people not wearing masks and not distancing and people wonder why the virus is taking off?
Vallance is saying tonight that to get the numbers down restrictions will have to be in place for a while. How long is a while? 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months?

I reckon I can kiss my hip replacement goodbye for a while yet!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:09 - Oct 23 with 1292 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:14 - Oct 22 by Catullus

This is exactly why we need a longer term plan that is somehwere in between, not a full lockdown but not fully open, tougher punishments for rule breakers and a unified decision so the message is the same all across the UK.

Devolution, the mixed messages, it's causing more trouble.

If this lockdown works but then cases rocket again, what is the point? We need to get cases down and keep them down.

I read tonight that my area is a current hotspot, Skewen has 678 cses per 100k. Yesterday I witnessed a very busy "drinking establishment" with little to no distancing. I saw young people not wearing masks, not distancing. I saw schoolkids not wearing masks and jumping all over each other, I went in Tesco and saw people not wearing masks and not distancing and people wonder why the virus is taking off?
Vallance is saying tonight that to get the numbers down restrictions will have to be in place for a while. How long is a while? 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months?

I reckon I can kiss my hip replacement goodbye for a while yet!

The Skewen area is not really a true reflection. It includes the Bay Campus and the number of cases is higher because of that. Some are because of locals. Some are because of students so the figure you are quoting certainly isnt as high in the community. The probability is that something like 2/3 to 3/4 of the Skewen numbers are students given the numbers for Swansea University. Swansea university planned using one of the halls on the Bay to quarantine overseas students. I dont know if that happened.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024