Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15 more years of 'normal' cars left 09:16 - Feb 4 with 9383 viewsRangersDave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51366123

Ok, so i havnt really got many objections to this, apart from....

1) no range. if i cannot drive from scouse town to strasburg on 1 charge of electricery rather than on a tank of gas stopping only for a loo break and the tunnel then i'm out.

2) charging points.... not enough, and should all have a single compatible plug

3) costs of buying them, and the battery if replacements are needed

4) charging speed. i dont want to have to sit there for anything more than 15 minutes when i have a long journey to complete waiting for the car to charge.

Plus i want to be able to use the radio, air conditioning, lights etc and not have to keep looking at the battery level while doing a trip to London, for instance.

They need to cancel HS2, and put 'upgradable' charging point infrastructure in place now.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

15 more years of 'normal' cars left on 12:57 - Feb 13 with 750 viewsNorthantsHoop

15 more years of 'normal' cars left on 12:00 - Feb 13 by blacky200

I thought the limitation with hydrogen is that it is expensive and difficult to store.
Just to add to the whole debate how about replacing but the majority of home heating systems that will have to change from gas boilers to something else. And why is no one actually talking about the real problem. Population. It doesn't matter how efficient we get with our use of resources they are finite.

Very good point on population. Resources are finite, an ever growing population creating more infrastruture and with it even more waste, means effectively we are drowing in our own shit. The planet will most likely recover from what humans do to it, but it may come to pass that the human race was just a small part of the evolution and life of the planet, bearing in mind that once the sun blows in half a billion years it's a gonna anyway. Just our luck as QPR about to win the Premier League we are thwarted at the last moment. All for electric vehicles not too keen on driverless takes all the fun out of the driving experience in my opinion.
15 more years of 'normal' cars left on 13:18 - Feb 13 with 737 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I didn't realise how bad the london polution was until the summer before last.
It was 34C (temp not what I was looking at stopped at the lights) I was at Euston Square on a bike at about 1 PM.
The road was shimmering as I waited at the lights and the smog was unbeleivable, I felt a little dizzy.
For the first time ever I considered wearing a mask. (but then thought fu-k it I already look like a c**t so why add to it).

I'd ban the big 4X4's in inner London. Not sure about all petrol automobiles, I dont drive and I'm no greeny so meh.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

15 more years of 'normal' cars left on 13:59 - Feb 13 with 687 viewsCaptainPugwash

15 more years of 'normal' cars left on 12:57 - Feb 13 by NorthantsHoop

Very good point on population. Resources are finite, an ever growing population creating more infrastruture and with it even more waste, means effectively we are drowing in our own shit. The planet will most likely recover from what humans do to it, but it may come to pass that the human race was just a small part of the evolution and life of the planet, bearing in mind that once the sun blows in half a billion years it's a gonna anyway. Just our luck as QPR about to win the Premier League we are thwarted at the last moment. All for electric vehicles not too keen on driverless takes all the fun out of the driving experience in my opinion.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Bravo.Treatin' causes rather than simptoms be the rite course!

Yo Ho!
15 more years of 'normal' cars left on 16:12 - Feb 13 with 643 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

15 more years of 'normal' cars left on 12:57 - Feb 13 by NorthantsHoop

A counter to the over population debate by Dr Hans Rosling who did his bit for overpopulation by dying recently.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024