Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nightclubs of your youth? 17:49 - Aug 7 with 2698 viewsLala

Chatting about this at work today after spending all morning trying to remember the name of the club upstairs next to the Rose and Crown early 90’s. Know it now, can you remember though?

And what clubs did you frequent?

For me the Star, Schofields, and latterly Addisons.

Not a fan of clubs to be honest. In the late 80’s early 90’s the Star was a bit of a mash up of pub, club, and youth club so suited me 👍
You?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Nightclubs of your youth? on 18:51 - Aug 7 with 2310 viewsspell_chekker

Being a South Shore boy I was in the Star from time to time.

As fro clubs in Blackpool or on the Fylde I'm left scratching my head a little bit.

What about the Deep End (ex Mardi Gras) with the DJ Crabby during the 90s.

Anything before that was just for extra hours being out and really not that good.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Nightclubs of your youth? on 18:57 - Aug 7 with 2306 viewsspell_chekker

Nightclubs of your youth? on 18:51 - Aug 7 by spell_chekker

Being a South Shore boy I was in the Star from time to time.

As fro clubs in Blackpool or on the Fylde I'm left scratching my head a little bit.

What about the Deep End (ex Mardi Gras) with the DJ Crabby during the 90s.

Anything before that was just for extra hours being out and really not that good.

Were there ever any nightclubs in Fleetwood Spud / Robbie?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Nightclubs of your youth? on 19:12 - Aug 7 with 2300 viewsLala

Nightclubs of your youth? on 18:57 - Aug 7 by spell_chekker

Were there ever any nightclubs in Fleetwood Spud / Robbie?

Wasn’t there one called Planters in Fleetwood. My pals seemed to refer to it in a ‘ don’t go there ‘ kind of way.

Nightclubs of your youth? on 20:28 - Aug 7 with 2290 viewsROTTWEILERS

Nightclubs of your youth? on 19:12 - Aug 7 by Lala

Wasn’t there one called Planters in Fleetwood. My pals seemed to refer to it in a ‘ don’t go there ‘ kind of way.

It all started going pear-shaped for me at the ripe old age of 17 when Heaven and Hell started doing all you can drink for a fiver 😨

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Nightclubs of your youth? on 20:34 - Aug 7 with 2288 viewsspudgun

Nightclubs of your youth? on 19:12 - Aug 7 by Lala

There were one or two nightclubs in Fleetwood of ill repute in the 70`s, the afore mentioned `Planters`, which was moderately rough, and `Maggie Mays` which was the first place I saw two grown up women fight. And it wasn`t pleasant.

Being a Fleetwood lad `Planters` didn`t hold too many fears as long as you showed respect to the right people.

Me and my pals tended to go to the Illawalla or Trader Jacks, and later on to Addisons...
Nightclubs of your youth? on 20:44 - Aug 7 with 2282 viewsLala

Nightclubs of your youth? on 20:34 - Aug 7 by spudgun

There were one or two nightclubs in Fleetwood of ill repute in the 70`s, the afore mentioned `Planters`, which was moderately rough, and `Maggie Mays` which was the first place I saw two grown up women fight. And it wasn`t pleasant.

Being a Fleetwood lad `Planters` didn`t hold too many fears as long as you showed respect to the right people.

Me and my pals tended to go to the Illawalla or Trader Jacks, and later on to Addisons...

Remember the Illawalla 👍 Only went once with a Thornton pal.

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:03 - Aug 7 with 2277 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nightclubs of your youth? on 20:44 - Aug 7 by Lala

Use to be two in Lytham, In The Mood (popular with Blackpool players at the time) and Scruples. I'd guess I'd have been in them no more than 10 times in total.

If there's a Rock club in a Town/City I've probably been to it. (Forgotten the names of quite a few now)

Rotts

Forgotten about Heaven and Hell.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:05 - Aug 7 with 2274 viewsLala

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:03 - Aug 7 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Use to be two in Lytham, In The Mood (popular with Blackpool players at the time) and Scruples. I'd guess I'd have been in them no more than 10 times in total.

If there's a Rock club in a Town/City I've probably been to it. (Forgotten the names of quite a few now)

Rotts

Forgotten about Heaven and Hell.

I remember Heaven and Hell, just about

Login to get fewer ads

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:05 - Aug 7 with 2274 viewsspudgun

Nightclubs of your youth? on 20:44 - Aug 7 by Lala

When I was in my early twenties I lived at the cottage on the bad corner in Little Thornton about 200 yards from the Illawalla, with four pals. A regular night out was walking down to the Buccaneer then on to the Illawalla. We knew the manager there and had an occasional lock-in. It was a great club in its day.

Afterwards you could walk around the back and there was a small track back to our house. A well trodden path...
Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:06 - Aug 7 with 2272 viewsLala

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:05 - Aug 7 by spudgun

When I was in my early twenties I lived at the cottage on the bad corner in Little Thornton about 200 yards from the Illawalla, with four pals. A regular night out was walking down to the Buccaneer then on to the Illawalla. We knew the manager there and had an occasional lock-in. It was a great club in its day.

Afterwards you could walk around the back and there was a small track back to our house. A well trodden path...

I know where you are Spud 👍

Proper dodgy bend that one

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:10 - Aug 7 with 2271 viewsspudgun

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:06 - Aug 7 by Lala

I know where you are Spud 👍

Proper dodgy bend that one

And some dodgy lads in the house...
Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:10 - Aug 7 with 2270 viewsLala

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:10 - Aug 7 by spudgun

And some dodgy lads in the house...

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:15 - Aug 7 with 2269 viewsspell_chekker

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:10 - Aug 7 by Lala

Cough, cough.

Spell trying to be important has family connections to the Illawalla before it was sold off to be a nightclub.

Is that important or impotent? Better ask the Spurs fans.

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:19 - Aug 7 with 2267 viewsspudgun

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:15 - Aug 7 by spell_chekker

Cough, cough.

Spell trying to be important has family connections to the Illawalla before it was sold off to be a nightclub.

Is that important or impotent? Better ask the Spurs fans.

Are you an Emery then, spell?

Edit to add: I might have got that wrong actually, spell. I played football for a guy called Mike Emery who gave me a lift back to the cottage late one night, and he said his parents either used to own it or the Illawalla. Not quite sure which one it was now...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 21:26]
Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:32 - Aug 7 with 2255 viewsspell_chekker

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:19 - Aug 7 by spudgun

Are you an Emery then, spell?

Edit to add: I might have got that wrong actually, spell. I played football for a guy called Mike Emery who gave me a lift back to the cottage late one night, and he said his parents either used to own it or the Illawalla. Not quite sure which one it was now...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 21:26]

See your PMs Spud.

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:35 - Aug 7 with 2250 viewsspudgun

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:32 - Aug 7 by spell_chekker

See your PMs Spud.

Ahhhh!!!
Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:37 - Aug 7 with 2244 viewsspell_chekker

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:35 - Aug 7 by spudgun

Ahhhh!!!

Voilà.

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:55 - Aug 7 with 2237 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:37 - Aug 7 by spell_chekker

Voilà.

Can't remember the name of the one in St Annes.

Was it Sands that was (in)famous for its "grab a granny nights"?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Nightclubs of your youth? on 22:01 - Aug 7 with 2234 viewsspell_chekker

Nightclubs of your youth? on 21:55 - Aug 7 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Can't remember the name of the one in St Annes.

Was it Sands that was (in)famous for its "grab a granny nights"?

Red, it wasn't a club but as an underage drinker I was introduced to the Louisiana Belle.

I get the impression thqt you get a nosebleed if you go north of Bloomfield Road.

Nightclubs of your youth? on 22:10 - Aug 7 with 2230 viewstodayistheday

Cotton Club lala. Frequented most in my youth,Village,Secrets,Addisons,metro/springs,just ji's,adam and eve latter years of it being open. Never really ventured to the holiday maker clubs except Sands.
Nightclubs of your youth? on 22:28 - Aug 7 with 2225 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nightclubs of your youth? on 22:10 - Aug 7 by todayistheday

Cotton Club lala. Frequented most in my youth,Village,Secrets,Addisons,metro/springs,just ji's,adam and eve latter years of it being open. Never really ventured to the holiday maker clubs except Sands.

Tiles in St Annes.

Spell

Just to prove you wrong, (Original) Jenks, Man Fridays, Tache, Barney Rubbles, (Mark II) Jenks, Palace, Funny Girls etc.....

Barrowlands Glasgow far enough North for you?

Nightclubs of your youth? on 22:45 - Aug 7 with 2220 viewsLala

Nightclubs of your youth? on 22:28 - Aug 7 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Tiles in St Annes.

Spell

Just to prove you wrong, (Original) Jenks, Man Fridays, Tache, Barney Rubbles, (Mark II) Jenks, Palace, Funny Girls etc.....

Barrowlands Glasgow far enough North for you?

Well remembered TITD!

Was a long three hours this morning trying to remember that!

Nightclubs of your youth? on 23:22 - Aug 7 with 2214 viewstodayistheday

Nightclubs of your youth? on 22:45 - Aug 7 by Lala

Well remembered TITD!

Was a long three hours this morning trying to remember that!

Remember the days like yesterday,always a talking point when we have a gathering of old mates. Schofields on topping st was my favourite. Tues/Thurs half price drinks and then Fri/Sat. Sometimes threw in a Wed down the metro and a Sun down Rumours. Had a few beers on Sun and still feel dodgy,how and why I did it back then is a mystery.😂😂
Nightclubs of your youth? on 11:39 - Aug 9 with 2184 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nightclubs of your youth? on 23:22 - Aug 7 by todayistheday

Remember the days like yesterday,always a talking point when we have a gathering of old mates. Schofields on topping st was my favourite. Tues/Thurs half price drinks and then Fri/Sat. Sometimes threw in a Wed down the metro and a Sun down Rumours. Had a few beers on Sun and still feel dodgy,how and why I did it back then is a mystery.😂😂

Forgot about The Warehouse Preston.

Nightclubs of your youth? on 11:49 - Aug 9 with 2182 viewsspell_chekker

Nightclubs of your youth? on 11:39 - Aug 9 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Forgot about The Warehouse Preston.

Yes, Jenks and the Warehouse.

Raffles anyone?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024