Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne Rooney 07:38 - Aug 6 with 485 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Burnley and Derby County have been linked with a sensational move for England’s all-time leading goalscorer Wayne Rooney.

A report from the Telegraph on Monday evening suggested Rooney is in talks with the Rams over a player-coach role.

And he ha reportedly flown in from the United States overnight to conclude the switch.

But it was suggested in the US media that the 33-year-old former England captain was also a target of Burnley.

Rooney, a teammate of former Claret Chris McCann at DC United, still has over two seasons left on his contract with the Major League Soccer club.

The MLS season runs to the end of October, with Rooney therefore not free to leave until the January transfer window.

Rooney is England’s all-time record scorer with 53 goals in 120 appearances, as well as Manchester United’s record goalscorer with 253 goals in 559 appearances.

Rooney is eager to get into coaching when he retires, speaking In November to United’s official website, he said: “Yeah, it is something I am passionate about and I want to do.

”Obviously, I need to complete my badges, which I am doing over in the States.

"Hopefully, by the time I come back to England, I will have them completed and be in a position to accept or reject any offers I get.“

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/wayne-rooney-linked-with-a-sensati

Not stopped laughing....

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Wayne Rooney on 08:07 - Aug 6 with 478 viewsspell_chekker

Interesting that he's looking at a player coach role and not player manager.

The idea takes a bit of getting used to but he could do quite well in management.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Wayne Rooney on 20:56 - Aug 6 with 465 viewstodayistheday

Wayne Rooney on 08:07 - Aug 6 by spell_chekker

Interesting that he's looking at a player coach role and not player manager.

The idea takes a bit of getting used to but he could do quite well in management.

Doesn't strike me as one to get into management. No doubt offer his knowledge as a attacking midfielder / forward coach.
Wayne Rooney on 21:13 - Aug 6 with 458 viewsLala

Wayne Rooney on 20:56 - Aug 6 by todayistheday

Doesn't strike me as one to get into management. No doubt offer his knowledge as a attacking midfielder / forward coach.

Yes, very glad he didn’t join our 6 fingered rivals

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Wayne Rooney on 23:18 - Aug 7 with 448 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Wayne Rooney on 21:13 - Aug 6 by Lala

Yes, very glad he didn’t join our 6 fingered rivals

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49265227

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024