Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much does OO owe VB? 12:57 - Jan 2 with 1940 viewsspell_chekker

It's dragging out for such a long time I can't remember where it's all up to.

It's something like - £32 + Manchester + Costs + Interest - £10m already paid = ?????

Have I missed any bit and bats?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

How much does OO owe VB? on 07:53 - Jan 3 with 849 viewsLala

How much does OO owe VB? on 02:04 - Jan 3 by todayistheday

Cant see other fish to fry as a stumbling block,more an excuse for him. I would say its an on going legal problem. Who pays who,the football club,Owen & Karl,segesta or another company. If my company went bump owing money,they wouldnt touch my other interests outside that business,so why do people talk about auctions. Are these part of Bfc's portfolio. Can see it going on and on and the longer it does,the football club will suffer and Oyston will gain the upper hand. Think Belokon has got all he's going to get and his wife will take him to the cleaners.

That's an interesting viewpoint Titd and as far as we know as plausible as any other right now.

He doesn't want the sole responsibility of ownership as we know, just an investor role. Maybe he is genuinely in no rush to invest and as we know he is well able to wait for the rest of his pay off.

I think we make the understandable mistake of thinking the situation with the club means as much to him as it does to us. It simply can't, hence the differing expectations in outcome, especially with timescales, between VB and the fans.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

How much does OO owe VB? on 08:19 - Jan 3 with 840 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

How much does OO owe VB? on 07:53 - Jan 3 by Lala

That's an interesting viewpoint Titd and as far as we know as plausible as any other right now.

He doesn't want the sole responsibility of ownership as we know, just an investor role. Maybe he is genuinely in no rush to invest and as we know he is well able to wait for the rest of his pay off.

I think we make the understandable mistake of thinking the situation with the club means as much to him as it does to us. It simply can't, hence the differing expectations in outcome, especially with timescales, between VB and the fans.

The being nice to OO from VB is probably under instructions from CC. Nothing to gain from mud slinging in public, and stops OO lawyers running to the court saying "look what the nasty man is saying". More surprised we've not had a reply from OO about being just "30 days away from getting a loan etc...."

PS Didn't know the first lot of costs from CC was £2.8m
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 8:23]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:04 - Jan 3 with 829 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Cant see other fish to fry as a stumbling block,more an excuse for him. I would say its an on going legal problem. Who pays who,the football club,Owen & Karl,segesta or another company. If my company went bump owing money,they wouldnt touch my other interests outside that business,so why do people talk about auctions. Are these part of Bfc's portfolio. Can see it going on and on and the longer it does,the football club will suffer and Oyston will gain the upper hand. Think Belokon has got all he's going to get and his wife will take him to the cleaners.

TITD the judgment is against not only Segesta but also Owen and Karl personally

They are each jointly and severally liable and therefore any assets in any of their names could be auctioned

The charges are against 24 properties and 6 shareholdings inc Closelink which owns 40% of Whyndyke and Owen's shares in Segesta which of course owns BFC / the stadium / Travelodge, the training ground and Quernmore

The original debt was around £32m inc interest from May 17
£10m was paid in Dec ( £5m of which was borrowed and secured against the Travelodge )

So roughly

£22m
£2.5m further interest
£3m costs - could be more with all the applications

Balance £27.5m

He's also paid around £1.5m in the Manchester case inc costs - they were the payments on account of claim and costs

As Robbie says the balance has now been incorporated into the main judgment

I believe we will see movement in the next 14 days

#footballfirst

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:13 - Jan 3 with 826 viewsspell_chekker

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:04 - Jan 3 by TwelveAngryMen

They are each jointly and severally liable and therefore any assets in any of their names could be auctioned

The charges are against 24 properties and 6 shareholdings inc Closelink which owns 40% of Whyndyke and Owen's shares in Segesta which of course owns BFC / the stadium / Travelodge, the training ground and Quernmore

£10m was paid in Dec ( £5m of which was borrowed and secured against the Travelodge )

So roughly

£22m
£2.5m further interest

Balance £27.5m

He's also paid around £1.5m in the Manchester case inc costs - they were the payments on account of claim and costs

Movement in 14 days. Would probably mean another step towards auction.

£27.5m - I don't like saying it but, even at knockdown prices, I would have thought OO could raise that.

That'd leave him with the £5m borrowed against the Travelodge.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:26 - Jan 3 with 820 viewsLala

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:13 - Jan 3 by spell_chekker

£27.5m - I don't like saying it but, even at knockdown prices, I would have thought OO could raise that.

Morning TAM

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:27 - Jan 3 with 819 viewsTwelveAngryMen

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:13 - Jan 3 by spell_chekker

Not sure it will - if my hunch is right I think we will see a change of tack

#footballfirst

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:42 - Jan 3 with 813 viewsspell_chekker

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:27 - Jan 3 by TwelveAngryMen

Not sure it will - if my hunch is right I think we will see a change of tack

My guesses for options open for a change of tack -

1) Do a deal. Not likely.

2) Review the enforcement process. Maybe a court appointed receiver for some form of none compliance on OO's part.

3) There's no change of tack and VB continues on the slow road towards auction.

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:51 - Jan 3 with 805 viewsTwelveAngryMen

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:42 - Jan 3 by spell_chekker

My guesses for options open for a change of tack -

1) Do a deal. Not likely.

2) Review the enforcement process. Maybe a court appointed receiver for some form of none compliance on OO's part.

3) There's no change of tack and VB continues on the slow road towards auction.

Interesting options spell_checker

I've just submitted a piece to BST with my musings on where this is all going which inc's reference to the same

#footballfirst

Login to get fewer ads

How much does OO owe VB? on 10:07 - Jan 3 with 802 viewsspell_chekker

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:51 - Jan 3 by TwelveAngryMen

Interesting options spell_checker

I've just submitted a piece to BST with my musings on where this is all going which inc's reference to the same

Option 4) OO pays

I'd hope for option 2 but I've stopped getting my hopes up. I'm not desperate and can wait it out.

How much does OO owe VB? on 10:19 - Jan 3 with 797 viewsTwelveAngryMen

How much does OO owe VB? on 10:07 - Jan 3 by spell_chekker

Option 4) OO pays

I'd hope for option 2 but I've stopped getting my hopes up. I'm not desperate and can wait it out.

Yeah I split ' do a deal ' into OO paying up or VB taking the Club in part ex

#footballfirst

How much does OO owe VB? on 13:21 - Jan 3 with 784 viewsWizaard

What I can't get my head around is how the courts have taken such a lenient view on the period allowed to repay. At the time, I thought there was mention of 21 days to pay. Certainly, £10 million was paid under sufferance in face of the initial deadline. Why no such pressure on the subsequent amounts?

I've used it before, but the analogy with paying a speeding fine holds good. You're given 28 days to pay and if you don't the full force of the law comes down, including custodial sentences.

How on earth can you still owe £27 million pounds 14 months in and still no pressure is being brought to bear?
How much does OO owe VB? on 13:37 - Jan 3 with 777 viewsROTTWEILERS

How much does OO owe VB? on 13:21 - Jan 3 by Wizaard

What I can't get my head around is how the courts have taken such a lenient view on the period allowed to repay. At the time, I thought there was mention of 21 days to pay. Certainly, £10 million was paid under sufferance in face of the initial deadline. Why no such pressure on the subsequent amounts?

I've used it before, but the analogy with paying a speeding fine holds good. You're given 28 days to pay and if you don't the full force of the law comes down, including custodial sentences.

How on earth can you still owe £27 million pounds 14 months in and still no pressure is being brought to bear?

Wiz👍

It's theft in everything but name

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

How much does OO owe VB? on 13:39 - Jan 3 with 775 viewsTwelveAngryMen

How much does OO owe VB? on 13:21 - Jan 3 by Wizaard

Comparing how the courts enforce a speeding fine ( which is through the criminal courts ) and a civil judgment is literally chalk and cheese

It's the Claimant's option in the civil jurisdiction and unsatisfied judgments aren't that unusual

#footballfirst

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:03 - Jan 3 with 769 viewsLala

How much does OO owe VB? on 13:39 - Jan 3 by TwelveAngryMen

Comparing how the courts enforce a speeding fine ( which is through the criminal courts ) and a civil judgment is literally chalk and cheese

It's the Claimant's option in the civil jurisdiction and unsatisfied judgments aren't that unusual

Afternoon Wiz 👍

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:04 - Jan 3 with 769 viewstodayistheday

How much does OO owe VB? on 09:04 - Jan 3 by TwelveAngryMen

So roughly

£22m
£2.5m further interest

Balance £27.5m

Thats a far too easy summary Tam,why is it going on and on.
How much does OO owe VB? on 14:17 - Jan 3 with 759 viewsROTTWEILERS

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:04 - Jan 3 by todayistheday

It's frustrating that it appeared to be 'full steam ahead' by VB right up until Owen caught that plane to Riga.

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:19 - Jan 3 with 755 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:17 - Jan 3 by ROTTWEILERS

It's frustrating that it appeared to be 'full steam ahead' by VB right up until Owen caught that plane to Riga.

Sadly, He also got one back.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:20 - Jan 3 with 755 viewsspell_chekker

OO must have £27.5m.

For starters, he got an £11m payment from the prem money.

Perhaps he's just playing at silly beggars and will dash everyones' hopes at the eleventh hour.

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:23 - Jan 3 with 752 viewsjanegallagher

Bigger fish - I suppose it’s helping the economy

https://vardags.com/family-law/economy-boosted-by-big-money-divorce-cases

We’ve got Simon Sadler

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:30 - Jan 3 with 746 viewsROTTWEILERS

How much does OO owe VB? on 14:19 - Jan 3 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Sadly, He also got one back.

BBTRR 🤣

How much does OO owe VB? on 16:01 - Jan 3 with 736 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Initially Owen was given time to raise £ after Riga, then 2 month summer recess, then enforcement started with penal notices being secured
I now believe there is a change of tack that in itself has causes a delay
We will soon see

#footballfirst

How much does OO owe VB? on 16:37 - Jan 3 with 726 viewstodayistheday

How much does OO owe VB? on 16:01 - Jan 3 by TwelveAngryMen

Initially Owen was given time to raise £ after Riga, then 2 month summer recess, then enforcement started with penal notices being secured
I now believe there is a change of tack that in itself has causes a delay
We will soon see

Oh no,another delay,sounds like we are dealing with people more useless than fansonline and these sheep keep falling for it.
How much does OO owe VB? on 16:44 - Jan 3 with 724 viewsspell_chekker

How much does OO owe VB? on 16:37 - Jan 3 by todayistheday

Oh no,another delay,sounds like we are dealing with people more useless than fansonline and these sheep keep falling for it.

I think the it's implied that the delay has been between summer 2018 and now, with something happening in the next 2 weeks. Possibly even a major development like news of a deal or a receiver.

How much does OO owe VB? on 17:08 - Jan 3 with 713 viewsTwelveAngryMen

How much does OO owe VB? on 16:37 - Jan 3 by todayistheday

TITD it is what it is

It's not that nothing is happening - we just don't see it until it's listed

#footballfirst

How much does OO owe VB? on 17:16 - Jan 3 with 706 viewstodayistheday

How much does OO owe VB? on 17:08 - Jan 3 by TwelveAngryMen

TITD it is what it is

It's not that nothing is happening - we just don't see it until it's listed

Thought you communicated with Val,the way you talk,sounds like you and no one knows him at all. Could be worth talking to the wife,maybe she could shed some truth on him and whats going on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024