Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) 19:37 - Mar 3 with 12452 viewsHayesender

I see Hollywood have decided to ruin yet another classic from my childhood by pc-ing it up.

This looks frigging awful

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:51 - Mar 4 with 2321 viewsjamois

To Northern and Simmo's points, it's not just Hollywood that's churning out the shite. It's media, right across the board. Look at the music industry. Shite. Yes, we are getting the better a/v media on TV now, but they still all tread the formulaic 'Season x' approach, 12 episodes, cliffhangers etc. I thought Mr Robot was the best thing I've seen for ages but I'm not looking forward to season 2, so unnecessary. I think when everything is so economics-led, creativity and quality inevitably go down the pan. That would lead me nicely into our education system but now I realise I'm on the wrong thread and need to return to Disco's 'Random Irritations'.....

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:00 - Mar 4 with 2305 viewsTheBlob

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:48 - Mar 4 by RangersDave

Dear god nooooooooooo!

Was terrible.

Bluce, go into hiding mate, how dare you compare the marvel against the turd. Lol

It was no where near fit enough to lace the boots of the Curt Russel movie. In fact it was terrible in the extreme.....acting, special effects etc.

Besides it was such a rip off that it's almost scene for scene the same but with crap everything thrown in for good measure.

Planet Of The Apes remake was crap.The whole impac of the original was the surprise ending.
Just saw a remake of the Rutger Hauer movie The Hitcher with some vapid female lead,gender reversal bollocks.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:02 - Mar 4 with 2301 viewsjamois

And I've just brought myself to watch the trailer. Oh dear. I'm Dan's greatest fan but this has nothing to do with that bias. It's the lack of creativity, the lack of original thought. Even to the extent of the token black person who's not part of the original 'clever-brigade' and joins on later. And that car. And the ghosts. It's not a sequel, it's a shocking re-make with loud ladies in uniform plumbing the depths. I could easily be the first one queuing for loud ladies in uniform plumbing the depths, but where's the latex? Where's my coat?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:09 - Mar 4 with 2287 viewsBluce_Ree

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:48 - Mar 4 by RangersDave

Dear god nooooooooooo!

Was terrible.

Bluce, go into hiding mate, how dare you compare the marvel against the turd. Lol

It was no where near fit enough to lace the boots of the Curt Russel movie. In fact it was terrible in the extreme.....acting, special effects etc.

Besides it was such a rip off that it's almost scene for scene the same but with crap everything thrown in for good measure.

The 1982 version is legit my second favourite film ever (after Repo Man) so I'm definitely not saying 2011 version is as good. But I thought they did a good job with it.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is amazing. She's this generation's Sigourney. The setting was good, the cast was interesting, the thing itself was scary as hell.

It was a little CGI-y and the end sequence in the ship was a bit much but overall it was the best remake I've seen.

I liked it because it was icky. It made me squirm. When the crawling thing lowered itself onto the young bloke and melded with his face? That was well moody.

Thing 1982 is number 2 in my overall list and Thing 2011 doesn't crack the top 15 but it was definitely not horrendous!

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:11 - Mar 4 with 2281 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That looks f'kin dreadful.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:15 - Mar 4 with 2275 viewsPunteR

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:37 - Mar 4 by adhoc_qpr

Regardless of whether you like the original Ghostbusters or not - that is a terrible trailer with in all likelihood a terrible film to follow!

But then again, it's from the director of the awful Bridesmaids, so i wouldn't have expected much else.

Deadpool was great, but i guarantee that Hollywood will take the wrong lesson from it's success! Deadpool works because the people behind it obviously love the character and we're given the full creative freedom to make the film the character needed to work (in this case an R rated one)

What we'll get now is a slew of needlessly R rated superhero films, made without any of the care and attention of Deadpool though.

I thought Bridesmaids was funny . Maya Rudolph and Melissa McCarthy are top drawer.

To be honest i've got a bit bored with all the superhero films out these days. Suicide squad looks interesting but i cant get excited about the Batman v Superman film. Deadpool looks alright but i'm not a fan of Ryan Reynolds so that sort of spoils that.

I love showing my kids all the old films, some are timeless classics BTTF,Goonies,Jaws. Me and my oldest lad had an Alien film session watching the first 2 films back to back. Quality. But some films are terrible. I thought Spaceballs was funny when i was a 13,rewatching it again as a family nearly lost me all credibility with the kids,we switched it off after 20 minutes.
We watched Zulu last night and my kids just laughed at it. Even more so when words like "Fuzzy's" were used.
There are good films still being made, it's just the big blockbusters have taken over a bit.
I also watched 'Inside Llewyn Davis last' night when the kids went to bed. Excellent film from the Coens . Oscar Isaac is is one of the best actors around at the moment, i think he's going to be a huge star.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:17 - Mar 4 with 2270 viewsBluce_Ree

Remakes.

Fright Night - I love the original so much I might die. The remake had none of the charm at all. And it had that ponce who did Doctor Who in it. Colin Farrell had literally no charisma.

Robocop - couldn't have been less interesting. The original is so good, funny and violent. The remake was just unforgivably boring.

Karate Kid - shite.

Evil Dead - shite.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:26 - Mar 4 with 2260 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:17 - Mar 4 by Bluce_Ree

Remakes.

Fright Night - I love the original so much I might die. The remake had none of the charm at all. And it had that ponce who did Doctor Who in it. Colin Farrell had literally no charisma.

Robocop - couldn't have been less interesting. The original is so good, funny and violent. The remake was just unforgivably boring.

Karate Kid - shite.

Evil Dead - shite.

BSG was good though. (on second viewing the last series is a lot better than it seemed originally)

Login to get fewer ads

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:28 - Mar 4 with 2250 viewsNorthernr

Just had a second go at watching that trailer all the way through. Nearly made it to a minute this time.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:30 - Mar 4 with 2243 viewsBluce_Ree

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:26 - Mar 4 by Metallica_Hoop

BSG was good though. (on second viewing the last series is a lot better than it seemed originally)

BSG was good for a while. Season 3 couldn't have been more dull though and by 4 I was sort of done with it.

They should have made the whole thing about Tricia Helfer killing people but instead it was all about feelings and stuff.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:31 - Mar 4 with 2234 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:30 - Mar 4 by Bluce_Ree

BSG was good for a while. Season 3 couldn't have been more dull though and by 4 I was sort of done with it.

They should have made the whole thing about Tricia Helfer killing people but instead it was all about feelings and stuff.

I kind of see what you mean.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:31 - Mar 4 with 2234 viewsdaveB

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:00 - Mar 4 by Toast_R

I think there needs to be a little bit of stock taken here.
When you watched movies as a kid such as Ghostbusters, The Goonies, Last Star Fighter , The Labyrinth etc, they were exceptional because they appealed to you as a kid of that era..

You watch them now as an adult and they are actually quite bad, I mean come on, has anyone recently sat through any of these from start to finish and thought they are just as good as the first time you sat there watching them on VHS?
Rarely do they stand the test of time. The worst thing is when you sit your child or nephew/niece down to watch them on the promise of a great movie and even they think it's bad.

The only kids movies that stand the test of time that I can think of are Star Wars and Back to the Future 1.Even Return of the Jedi is skating on thin ice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this re-make is a kids film aimed at kids of this era. They will appreciate it far more then if they sat through the originals, that's just the way it is. It's not a movie which has us old farts targeted as it's intended audience.

In 35 to 50 years time when it's re-made again for the virtual holographic immersion audience, no doubt the kids of 2016 will say it's pants in comparison to what they had.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 10:09]

I saw the re release of Ghostbusters a few years back at the cinema and it still holds up, very funny movie. Bill Murray is superb in it
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:32 - Mar 4 with 2232 viewsTheBlob

They'd better not do a remake of They Live,the greatest movie of all time.

With Sue Perkins in the lead role.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:33 - Mar 4 with 2231 viewsPunteR

I thought the Planet of the Apes reboot was brilliant,and i was a massive fan of the originals with Heston and Roddy Mcdowall. True Grit remake,which i bought last week for £3 was good. But most remakes are pretty awful.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 11:35]

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:46 - Mar 4 with 2214 viewsade_qpr

Another great 80's movie which I wouldn't want to see a remake of is Escape From New York.
The LA one was ave.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:50 - Mar 4 with 2015 viewsBluce_Ree

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:32 - Mar 4 by TheBlob

They'd better not do a remake of They Live,the greatest movie of all time.

With Sue Perkins in the lead role.

I F*CKING LOVE THEY LIVE.

Hence the logo of my site.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:57 - Mar 4 with 2007 viewsTheBlob

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:50 - Mar 4 by Bluce_Ree

I F*CKING LOVE THEY LIVE.

Hence the logo of my site.

You have remarkably good taste Bluce.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:57 - Mar 4 with 2006 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:15 - Mar 4 by PunteR

I thought Bridesmaids was funny . Maya Rudolph and Melissa McCarthy are top drawer.

To be honest i've got a bit bored with all the superhero films out these days. Suicide squad looks interesting but i cant get excited about the Batman v Superman film. Deadpool looks alright but i'm not a fan of Ryan Reynolds so that sort of spoils that.

I love showing my kids all the old films, some are timeless classics BTTF,Goonies,Jaws. Me and my oldest lad had an Alien film session watching the first 2 films back to back. Quality. But some films are terrible. I thought Spaceballs was funny when i was a 13,rewatching it again as a family nearly lost me all credibility with the kids,we switched it off after 20 minutes.
We watched Zulu last night and my kids just laughed at it. Even more so when words like "Fuzzy's" were used.
There are good films still being made, it's just the big blockbusters have taken over a bit.
I also watched 'Inside Llewyn Davis last' night when the kids went to bed. Excellent film from the Coens . Oscar Isaac is is one of the best actors around at the moment, i think he's going to be a huge star.

Deadpool does hinge of Ryan Reynolds performance and satirizing the super hero genre - so i'd give it a miss if you aren't a fan of either!

I have no problem with the actors from Bridesmaids (they are all pretty funny in other roles although McCarty is hit and miss). But it was pitched as this groundbreaking comedy, blazing a path for a new era of female led comedy - when in reality it was a predictableromcom with a few gross out scenes.

Even my wife who loves a comedy and a romcom was hugely disappointed.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 12:04 - Mar 4 with 1995 viewsPunteR

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 11:57 - Mar 4 by adhoc_qpr

Deadpool does hinge of Ryan Reynolds performance and satirizing the super hero genre - so i'd give it a miss if you aren't a fan of either!

I have no problem with the actors from Bridesmaids (they are all pretty funny in other roles although McCarty is hit and miss). But it was pitched as this groundbreaking comedy, blazing a path for a new era of female led comedy - when in reality it was a predictableromcom with a few gross out scenes.

Even my wife who loves a comedy and a romcom was hugely disappointed.

I should have said it's good for a chick flick. I avoid all Romcom's usually.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 12:09 - Mar 4 with 1989 viewsPunteR

I re watched Point Break, it's not as good as remember it.
Beverly Hills Cop needs another viewing.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 12:35 - Mar 4 with 1963 views1MoreBrightonR

just dont do beverley hills cop 3....so bad the first time i almost thought it was a spoof!
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 12:51 - Mar 4 with 1941 viewsvblockranger

FFS so in the past year we have had a black Human Torch, a black Rocky and a black Luke Skywalker now they are PC'ing it up for women too?
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 12:58 - Mar 4 with 1936 viewssimmo

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 12:51 - Mar 4 by vblockranger

FFS so in the past year we have had a black Human Torch, a black Rocky and a black Luke Skywalker now they are PC'ing it up for women too?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 13:11 - Mar 4 with 1911 viewsYorkRanger

Truly dreadful.

I have to confess I'm off to watch Grimsby (the movie) on Monday....
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 13:47 - Mar 4 with 1893 viewsrobith

This was apparently Slimer's final film after he was found dead last November.
He'd only filmed half of his scenes and the rest were completed with CGI and a stand-in (his brother). So sad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024