Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oscar Goburn Signs Official 16:27 - Aug 6 with 14992 viewsDougal_RBlock

Thought this bloke was pony during pre season??? ..... are we that desperate
Another midfielder as well!!!!!

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-sign-oscar-gobern-free-transfer-2598087.as
[Post edited 6 Aug 2015 16:29]
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:00 - Aug 6 with 3743 viewsjohnhoop

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 17:37 - Aug 6 by bosh67

Let's be fair. We aren't going to see this kid till the new year so he's been taken on to prove he has got something. Had we signed him on his record for 4 years and 70K a week I would understand people's concern. Let's give the kid a chance.

"This kid?"-he's twenty four Bosh, not exactly a kid in footballing terms.
I thought Perch was an excellent signing and I can see the logic behind Konchesky but the sound we can hear now is that of the bottom of the barrel being scraped.
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:05 - Aug 6 with 3709 viewsJonDoeman

If Harry was manager this would be getting filed under 'pointless signing' , no ?

It Is What It Is !!

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:11 - Aug 6 with 3669 viewsWatford_Ranger

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:05 - Aug 6 by JonDoeman

If Harry was manager this would be getting filed under 'pointless signing' , no ?

Most signings under that cnt were pointless.
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:15 - Aug 6 with 3646 viewsJigsore

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 17:53 - Aug 6 by Discodroids

C-A-N I S-P-E-A-K T-O Y-O-U-R C-A-R-E-ER O-R H-A-N-D-L-E-R P-L-E-A-S-E.
T-h-a-n-k y-o-u.

can you please tell your remedial patient that i'll dedicate a col abrahams song to him on mark wrights 'club classics' show on heart fm ..i'll get mark to sign a pair of his tight briefs complete with shit stains on them for this poor raspberry ripple to pick the seeds out of with his buck teeth.

im afraid my dear pant sniffer that if ever a giant( anyone over 5ft in your case)ground your bones for his bread , he'd end up with a loaf of Nimble'

i think it was some geezer in a black roll neck who dished out chocolates to birdson tv at midnight who said 'nothing exists outside the moment '...and you boy, you, are outside the moment my lobotomised nurse ratchett red squirrel fu cker.

youre obviously getting off on it, a bit of beatification over the keyboard when your disciplined by a superior intellect , a man who can show you where you parameters are, a big strong man, with a vim bottle between his legs for a lucky boy like you whose got legs like two tape worms dropping out of a cows arse.

a colonel abrams song? I didn't even know he had any except Trapped didn't really get much beyond that, sorry.

on the other hand is it really my problem if a man of the world such as yourself can't handle criticism for what he writes the same way he is gratified for the plaudits? not really.

What Would Chris Ramsey Do ?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:21 - Aug 6 with 3580 viewsDiscodroids

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:15 - Aug 6 by Jigsore

a colonel abrams song? I didn't even know he had any except Trapped didn't really get much beyond that, sorry.

on the other hand is it really my problem if a man of the world such as yourself can't handle criticism for what he writes the same way he is gratified for the plaudits? not really.

What Would Chris Ramsey Do ?

I put it to you ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this is a blatant case of c unt most foul.

the defendant 'jigsore' or 'boy a' you will , has had his exquisite corpse pumped daily by his uncle ernie (exhibit a )

on a daily basis and the toxic semen has eroded his pineial gland, so as to render him akin to a pan pipe playing village idiot from popular full length featurette, 'ryans daughter'.(exhibit b)
there is only one sentence which can be passed, and thats to take boy 'a' from this place and hang him by his adolescent adams apple, which bobs about as if in high seas, when confronted with the opposite sex.

may the lord have mercy on his gcse's

A Number One.

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:36 - Aug 6 with 3538 viewsdaveB

has anyone seen him play or are we guessing he's crap as he's from Huddersfield?
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:41 - Aug 6 with 3496 viewsDorse

His name doesn't immediately suggest a song or chant. Nicknames could be iffy. The standard 'Goburny' just sounds awful.

I can't see him fitting in.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:44 - Aug 6 with 3501 viewsMarc

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:36 - Aug 6 by daveB

has anyone seen him play or are we guessing he's crap as he's from Huddersfield?

Released by Huddersfield
Login to get fewer ads

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:45 - Aug 6 with 3486 viewsBlue_Castello

Well the immediate reaction from the majority must be WHY..........???

Ramsey and Ferdinand have stated the boy has potential and he's worth a years contract, well so has a number of our Academy graduates. Surely they deserve a chance before bringing in somebody who is not better than our current squad, but has purely been signed because he may get better, that's what you have an Academy.

The bloke couldn't make the grade at Huddersfield which doesn't bode well, I only hope he's on the lowest possible Championship wage because in these times of FFP it still strikes as a waste of money.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2015 18:47]
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:46 - Aug 6 with 3480 viewsWatford_Ranger

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:41 - Aug 6 by Dorse

His name doesn't immediately suggest a song or chant. Nicknames could be iffy. The standard 'Goburny' just sounds awful.

I can't see him fitting in.

Gobern baby Gobern, disco inferno!

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 3470 viewsdaveB

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:45 - Aug 6 by Blue_Castello

Well the immediate reaction from the majority must be WHY..........???

Ramsey and Ferdinand have stated the boy has potential and he's worth a years contract, well so has a number of our Academy graduates. Surely they deserve a chance before bringing in somebody who is not better than our current squad, but has purely been signed because he may get better, that's what you have an Academy.

The bloke couldn't make the grade at Huddersfield which doesn't bode well, I only hope he's on the lowest possible Championship wage because in these times of FFP it still strikes as a waste of money.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2015 18:47]

Perhaps they think he is better than our academy players, he's been on trial for a month so must have done something to impress.

Being released from Huddersfield means very little, plenty of good players get released for a number of reasons.

I've never seen the bloke play before so no idea if he's as bad as some are saying
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:52 - Aug 6 with 3443 viewsItalianR

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 16:34 - Aug 6 by adhoc_qpr

Seems an odd one - if we are desperately cutting costs why add an unnecessary wage for a position we're well stocked in?

Even a small wage seems needless and he's certainly not improving the quality of the squad.

Let's just say Faurlin and Sandro are not exactly the kind of players that can guarantee 46 odd matches per season.
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:57 - Aug 6 with 3410 viewsBlue_Castello

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:48 - Aug 6 by daveB

Perhaps they think he is better than our academy players, he's been on trial for a month so must have done something to impress.

Being released from Huddersfield means very little, plenty of good players get released for a number of reasons.

I've never seen the bloke play before so no idea if he's as bad as some are saying

Take your point Dave but that is the question IS he better than some of our Academy players, does this mean that Doughty and Sutherland are now behind Goburn.

Well I've not seen him play either but I have a horrible feeling that if his names on the teamsheet it's because we have a massive injury list. It appears we have a very limited budget for transfers if that the case then surely we should be signing defenders.

Time will tell if he's good enough, he will sink or swim, I genuinely hope he improves his game rapidly because from Ramseys comments he's not a starter and has 12 months to get better
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:59 - Aug 6 with 3392 viewsGloucs_R

Jet was released by Bristol, he must be crap too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:02 - Aug 6 with 3378 viewsPBLOCK

I've not seen the guy play but had a quick look at one of the Huddersfield boards.It seems he got back in the team towards the run in after being out of favour / injured. Looking at some of the comments he played really well in some of those games but the concensus seemed to that when he is good he's an asset but that he blows hot and cold.

A 12 month contract may see us get a steady player who goes on and does well he might never make the first team and be shipped out ala Brian Croft remember him?

Midfield as it stands in heavy I agree but with Sandro, Fer and Phillips likely to go, question marks over Faurlins fitness it maybe he does get a chance

Let's see what he's like before we slate him
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:02 - Aug 6 with 3175 viewsTheBlob

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:59 - Aug 6 by Gloucs_R

Jet was released by Bristol, he must be crap too.

He is.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:03 - Aug 6 with 3170 viewsLblock

It's not just that he was released by Huddersfield, it's that he couldn't even cement a place in Huddersfields team or squad
The reviews I've read from people who have seen him in action pre-season led me to believe he'd be put out with the re-cycling on a Wednesday morning.

I will however leave my mind open after considering the situation we are in
My mind is cast back to such shining luminaries as Ollie himself, Simon Barker, Richard Johnson and even most recently Sean Derry who became a Lord very soon after a parp rather than a fanfare upon signing

We'll see....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:13 - Aug 6 with 3120 viewsvegasranger

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:03 - Aug 6 by Lblock

It's not just that he was released by Huddersfield, it's that he couldn't even cement a place in Huddersfields team or squad
The reviews I've read from people who have seen him in action pre-season led me to believe he'd be put out with the re-cycling on a Wednesday morning.

My mind is cast back to such shining luminaries as Ollie himself, Simon Barker, Richard Johnson and even most recently Sean Derry who became a Lord very soon after a parp rather than a fanfare upon signing

We'll see....

He went on loan to Chesterfield from Huddersfield and failed there as well. I believe Bristol City wanted to re-sign JET but he wanted out.
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:13 - Aug 6 with 3118 viewsqpr1976

Looking forward to seeing the Offish news items "Media / Fans reaction to Goburn signing" and seeing 'Who ?'
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:21 - Aug 6 with 3084 viewsGloucs_R

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:02 - Aug 6 by TheBlob

He is.

He isn't mate, you'll see.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:27 - Aug 6 with 3061 viewsYorkRanger

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:21 - Aug 6 by Gloucs_R

I work with a Huddersfield season ticket holder. My understanding is that he did quite well second half of the season and actually was offered a new deal but chose to take his chances elsewhere so that is reasonably positive. More worrying is the description of him as Carlton Palmeresque
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:32 - Aug 6 with 3039 viewsCamberleyR

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:03 - Aug 6 by Lblock

We'll see....

Mavis Barker was a very highly rated player who we paid 400 grand for in 1988, I wouldn't quite put him in the same bracket as Ollie, Johnson and Derry who were much less heralded signings.

My take on Gobern is that he seems like this season's Leon Clarke.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:33 - Aug 6 with 3039 viewsrsonist

Outstanding stuff. Even Diakite's eyes would have watered seeing that.
Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:42 - Aug 6 with 2984 viewsDorse

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 18:46 - Aug 6 by Watford_Ranger

Gobern baby Gobern, disco inferno!

Hang your head in shame!

My wife is looking at me (more) strangely wondering why I'm chuckling...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:46 - Aug 6 with 2967 viewsTheBlob

Oscar Goburn Signs Official on 19:21 - Aug 6 by Gloucs_R

Well i hope he's not the one I've seen playing for Arzzle and Brizzle - the one that couldn't trap a bag of Snowcem.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024