Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col Donaldson 19:58 - Mar 15 with 9275 viewsDougal_RBlock

Can anyone tell me what's happened to this kid?
When we bought him I remember it being as a bit of a coup for the club as he was rated really highly up in Scotland.
Is he injured? With our defence being as bad as it is, I'm surprised that he hasn't got near the 1st team squad.
Col Donaldson on 12:14 - Mar 17 with 2832 viewsJonDoeman

Col Donaldson on 12:03 - Mar 17 by smegma

Oh yeah! In his 30odd minutes on the pitch he was one of our better midfielders, far better than the tw@t who was already showered an ready for the bus while Doughty ran his socks off.

BUT he hasn't been since THEN ! ( I think )

It Is What It Is !!

Col Donaldson on 13:25 - Mar 17 with 2794 viewsJordanFoster

Col Donaldson on 09:52 - Mar 17 by nadera78

I saw him a month or two back and he's still stick thin and at times a little uncoordinated - perhaps as a result of still growing as suggested elsewhere. Physically got a lot to do before he could compete for a first team place.

That said, I watched Harriman recently and he's still a skinny little fella. Decent player - league 1, possibly championship - but at his height (& being average pace) he really needs to put on a few pounds.

That does some him up rather well, he does seem a little uncoordinated at times, doesn't he? A little awkward.

Agree with the points you make about physicality and presence, out all of them I think Ehmer stands the best chance of making it at that type of level just because he's colossus.

I know he's older than them, but the difference in size on the pitch is noticeable - also allows Ehmer to play with a bit more confidence and take the role as a leader because of this IMO.
Col Donaldson on 15:27 - Mar 17 with 2752 viewsaston_hoop

Col Donaldson on 12:14 - Mar 17 by JonDoeman

Doughty scored after 36 seconds. He looked more than decent against Hull and I'd give him another go if fit.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Col Donaldson on 18:51 - Mar 17 with 2693 viewsjc67

I was at Harlington today. Col Donaldson played a full 90 minutes and played well, as he did a couple of weeks ago when I saw him. First time Doughty has played for a while and he did well including taking his goal. Grego-Cox was relatively quiet by his standards. Kranjcar put in a full 90 minute shift. Easy for an experienced player to treat these games lightly but to his credit he got very involved and bossed the middle. The outstanding player for me was Cole Kpekawa at left back. Had already had a very good game when he got up front in the 85th minute to lob the keeper for the winner.
Col Donaldson on 19:45 - Mar 17 with 2673 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Col Donaldson on 18:51 - Mar 17 by jc67

I was at Harlington today. Col Donaldson played a full 90 minutes and played well, as he did a couple of weeks ago when I saw him. First time Doughty has played for a while and he did well including taking his goal. Grego-Cox was relatively quiet by his standards. Kranjcar put in a full 90 minute shift. Easy for an experienced player to treat these games lightly but to his credit he got very involved and bossed the middle. The outstanding player for me was Cole Kpekawa at left back. Had already had a very good game when he got up front in the 85th minute to lob the keeper for the winner.

Interesting about Cole. How does he compare to Furlong?
Col Donaldson on 20:08 - Mar 17 with 2653 viewsnadera78

Col Donaldson on 19:45 - Mar 17 by oldmeadoniansR

Interesting about Cole. How does he compare to Furlong?

He's twice the size, is physical, can motor and has a cannon of a shot on him. Was out on loan at Colchester earlier this season.

Doughty, Ehmer and Harriman (all22 years old btw) will probably be important players for us next year given the likely relegation, high player turn over, financial limitations, 'apparent' change of ethos, etc.

Furlong, Kpekawa, Grego-Cox, Donalsdon, etc are further down the career ladder and all have a lot of work ahead of them before being ready for even the Championship.
Col Donaldson on 08:21 - Mar 18 with 2582 viewsderbyhoop

Todays U21 side was, possibly, the strongest side we've fielded all season.

But, before we start calling for the youngsters to be included in the first team, remember they are 4th in the EDS Level 2 table. Yes, Level 2 not the 24 decent Youth setups of Level 1. Behind such big names as Swansea, Crystal Palace and Cardiff.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Col Donaldson on 17:17 - Mar 18 with 2525 viewsadhoc_qpr

Col Donaldson on 20:08 - Mar 17 by nadera78

He's twice the size, is physical, can motor and has a cannon of a shot on him. Was out on loan at Colchester earlier this season.

Doughty, Ehmer and Harriman (all22 years old btw) will probably be important players for us next year given the likely relegation, high player turn over, financial limitations, 'apparent' change of ethos, etc.

Furlong, Kpekawa, Grego-Cox, Donalsdon, etc are further down the career ladder and all have a lot of work ahead of them before being ready for even the Championship.

Agree that if we go down our more experienced youth team players, like Doughty and Ehmer, should be given a chance.

Especially if we appoint someone with decent coaching credentials (like Warburton) as it shouldn't be about the individual but playing a set role for the team. For example, Karl Henry is never a prem player ability-wise, but does a solid job for the team when used in the right way.

Furlong was overhyped and then written off incredibly quickly, i would hope he can be involved next season and we'll get an idea of his actual potential (or not) over a few months.

I'd hope that Donaldson and Manning will also develop into squad players, but that may be giving our 'scouting' team too much credit.
Login to get fewer ads

Col Donaldson on 17:34 - Mar 18 with 2509 viewsDiscodroids

i would hope to see petresso and frankie sutherland break through next season.

A Number One.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024