Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dead on or Deluded 11:00 - Nov 7 with 1541 viewswespens

Here's an interesting one - the anti-O brigade seem to be getting twitchy that Clark is doing so well in the loan market - so did KO block loans for Riga or was the Belgian just a lazy arse and didn't bother!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Dead on or Deluded on 11:03 - Nov 7 with 1539 viewsLala

I get the feeling Riga closed down after he could not have some of the foreign signings he wanted.......and maybe he did not have enough knowledge of the English loan market to make any decent suggestions.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Dead on or Deluded on 11:07 - Nov 7 with 1535 viewsbrassedoff

Dead on or Deluded on 11:03 - Nov 7 by Lala

I get the feeling Riga closed down after he could not have some of the foreign signings he wanted.......and maybe he did not have enough knowledge of the English loan market to make any decent suggestions.

It's a good point and those who loved Riga will claim that he was never backed but I get the feeling it was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Dead on or Deluded on 12:20 - Nov 7 with 1507 viewsTang67

Dead on or Deluded on 11:07 - Nov 7 by brassedoff

It's a good point and those who loved Riga will claim that he was never backed but I get the feeling it was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Have the past 5 months not happened?
KO is odds with everyone connected to the club including the club president and the majority of the support but there is now people seriously suggesting Riga was the root cause of what has happened
The club has been on the same trajectory since Ollie left but the last 5 months has seen the O's being exposed for their duplicity,mendacity and borderline corruption .Did not love Riga but believe he is a good coach(just look who he has worked for-no mug) and was treat appallingly by our chairman to the extent any assessment of his impact at BFC is a nonsense

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Dead on or Deluded on 12:51 - Nov 7 with 1495 viewstonysoprano

If Riga had compromised just a little I'm fairly sure so would have KO . They just didn't get on and both dug their heels in and in a boss and employee situation that leaves only one result . Just a thought , but in your job whether you like it or not you basically have to follow the instructions of your boss don't you ? Fully expect some backing for Lee Clark as long as he remains flexible in his demands . On a slightly different note a Burnley supporting friend of mine tells me that Dyche has not been allowed to sign a single player who he really wanted since promotion to the Premier League , so it's not just us .
Dead on or Deluded on 14:45 - Nov 7 with 1439 viewsseasider13

Wespens, this is why i want to hear Jose Riga at the BST meeting, was he backed or blocked ?

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Dead on or Deluded on 17:52 - Nov 7 with 1410 viewsmoney_money_money

Dead on or Deluded on 14:45 - Nov 7 by seasider13

Wespens, this is why i want to hear Jose Riga at the BST meeting, was he backed or blocked ?

Just how exactly are we doing well in the loan market ???? .
Dead on or Deluded on 18:03 - Nov 7 with 1404 viewsArchibaldKnox

Dead on or Deluded on 12:51 - Nov 7 by tonysoprano

If Riga had compromised just a little I'm fairly sure so would have KO . They just didn't get on and both dug their heels in and in a boss and employee situation that leaves only one result . Just a thought , but in your job whether you like it or not you basically have to follow the instructions of your boss don't you ? Fully expect some backing for Lee Clark as long as he remains flexible in his demands . On a slightly different note a Burnley supporting friend of mine tells me that Dyche has not been allowed to sign a single player who he really wanted since promotion to the Premier League , so it's not just us .

You don't understand bullying control freaks, do you? Ever been on the receiving end?
Show them some tolerance or give them an option to compromise and they just turn the screw farther. The only option is to get out... which I suspect Mr Riga eventually decided to settle for.
Dead on or Deluded on 19:07 - Nov 7 with 1387 viewsHarryHorse

Dead on or Deluded on 18:03 - Nov 7 by ArchibaldKnox

You don't understand bullying control freaks, do you? Ever been on the receiving end?
Show them some tolerance or give them an option to compromise and they just turn the screw farther. The only option is to get out... which I suspect Mr Riga eventually decided to settle for.

I don't think the comparison with Burnley is terribly apt . When they inevitably come back down again they will be considerably richer and it remains to be seen what they do with those resources . Lets revisit that one this time next year
Login to get fewer ads

Dead on or Deluded on 19:32 - Nov 7 with 1375 viewsclarkestattoo

Dead on or Deluded on 19:07 - Nov 7 by HarryHorse

I don't think the comparison with Burnley is terribly apt . When they inevitably come back down again they will be considerably richer and it remains to be seen what they do with those resources . Lets revisit that one this time next year

I think it is time to split the two here because I think judgement is getting a bit clouded.

1. KO is an intolerable man who should be nowhere near a business especially football. He hasn't the first grasp of what or who he is dealing with, he has shown no remorse for the mess we're in and I hope he is found out to be the fake, fraud and failure that he is.

2. Jose Riga was like many managers who work with difficult Chairman, budget restraints and under poor conditions - it's football and there aren't many well run clubs in the country who give the manager everything and back him throughout. OK we're one of the poorest examples but we're not the only one. For me, Riga never went the extra mile, he didn't do enough to make me believe he was really scouting, watching and bringing in the best players under the conditions he was working under. I'll give you the McGahey example - good, young, bright lad who he wasn't interested in. We were offered Crainey on loan and he said no (from the horse's mouth) and there are other examples where he made bizarre decisions.

This is going to be one we'll never agree on and I think when Riga makes his appearance in front of BST he will become even more of a martyr and an anti-hero. Personally am only now interested in the future and not the past.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Dead on or Deluded on 19:35 - Nov 7 with 1370 viewsHarryHorse

Dead on or Deluded on 19:32 - Nov 7 by clarkestattoo

I think it is time to split the two here because I think judgement is getting a bit clouded.

1. KO is an intolerable man who should be nowhere near a business especially football. He hasn't the first grasp of what or who he is dealing with, he has shown no remorse for the mess we're in and I hope he is found out to be the fake, fraud and failure that he is.

2. Jose Riga was like many managers who work with difficult Chairman, budget restraints and under poor conditions - it's football and there aren't many well run clubs in the country who give the manager everything and back him throughout. OK we're one of the poorest examples but we're not the only one. For me, Riga never went the extra mile, he didn't do enough to make me believe he was really scouting, watching and bringing in the best players under the conditions he was working under. I'll give you the McGahey example - good, young, bright lad who he wasn't interested in. We were offered Crainey on loan and he said no (from the horse's mouth) and there are other examples where he made bizarre decisions.

This is going to be one we'll never agree on and I think when Riga makes his appearance in front of BST he will become even more of a martyr and an anti-hero. Personally am only now interested in the future and not the past.

Good post that Clarke.
Dead on or Deluded on 20:57 - Nov 7 with 1348 viewsLetsbasham

Dead on or Deluded on 19:35 - Nov 7 by HarryHorse

Good post that Clarke.

Hmmmmm...I think I quite like the idea that the 'stench just lingers on and on .....

Change the manager and the suporters will soon forget...especially with a few quick wins......

Sorry but I wish you no good now Karl ......
Dead on or Deluded on 21:27 - Nov 7 with 1337 viewsWizaard

Dead on or Deluded on 20:57 - Nov 7 by Letsbasham

Hmmmmm...I think I quite like the idea that the 'stench just lingers on and on .....

Change the manager and the suporters will soon forget...especially with a few quick wins......

Sorry but I wish you no good now Karl ......

But as Clarkestattoo says, you need to divorce the hatred of Karl from the situation we are in now, where hankering after Riga is getting in the way of the current team.

It achieves a sum total of nothing regardless of the rights and wrongs of the sacking, to harp on about how he wasn't backed. We know that. It didn't change anything when he was here, and it really doesn't now he's gone.

Questions will be asked of him which will give us another insight onto exactly what went on, but it won't fully answer anything, and doesn't help Lee Clark in trying to keep us up.

It's not whitewashing Riga out to say that his time has been and gone. My focus is on now. That doesn't mean I've forgotten anything or forgiven the way it happened.

It simply means football is all about the here and now. Maybe a few who were telling me that a few years ago should recall it now. It was apparently wrong to harp on about building new stands and getting promoted as signs of progress. They didn't mean anything because it was in the past, yet Riga is spoken about as if he might yet make a return.

He's gone. Move on.
Dead on or Deluded on 21:45 - Nov 7 with 1333 viewsMephistopheles

Dead on or Deluded on 12:20 - Nov 7 by Tang67

Have the past 5 months not happened?
KO is odds with everyone connected to the club including the club president and the majority of the support but there is now people seriously suggesting Riga was the root cause of what has happened
The club has been on the same trajectory since Ollie left but the last 5 months has seen the O's being exposed for their duplicity,mendacity and borderline corruption .Did not love Riga but believe he is a good coach(just look who he has worked for-no mug) and was treat appallingly by our chairman to the extent any assessment of his impact at BFC is a nonsense

"Have the past 5 months not happened?"

I'm starting to wonder the same thing! Some astonishingly naive stuff being posted on here
Dead on or Deluded on 22:01 - Nov 7 with 1319 viewsstu

Why mephs, people just moving on, if Clark does a better job, can't get too sentimental over Riga. Remember the furore when Parkes got sacked, his successor didnt do too bad

Tangerine is the new black

Dead on or Deluded on 23:55 - Nov 7 with 1281 viewsLetsbasham

Dead on or Deluded on 22:01 - Nov 7 by stu

Why mephs, people just moving on, if Clark does a better job, can't get too sentimental over Riga. Remember the furore when Parkes got sacked, his successor didnt do too bad

Yep get that Wiz and no hankering after Riga from me. I was in no doubt where it was all heading but the 'organgrinder' once more put money before the welfare of this club and it's fanbase.

He should of paid him up months ago but instead chose to frustrate and undermine which benefitted no-one.

As head honcho of my club, that is unforgiveable.
Dead on or Deluded on 10:22 - Nov 8 with 1220 viewsrigabeliever

Didn't Riga say he didn't want short terms loans because they're unsettling and he had confidence in the players he had?

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

Dead on or Deluded on 22:01 - Nov 8 with 1188 viewsAVFTTConvert

The whole system is broken at Blackpool and the problem is for too many seasons it worked and we got away with it. You can't look beyond Oyston here I'm afraid.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Dead on or Deluded on 01:34 - Nov 9 with 1163 viewsGrayth

Dead on or Deluded on 22:01 - Nov 8 by AVFTTConvert

The whole system is broken at Blackpool and the problem is for too many seasons it worked and we got away with it. You can't look beyond Oyston here I'm afraid.

tonysoprano: "Fully expect some backing for Lee Clark as long as he remains flexible in his demands."

Can't believe I just read this. Based on what?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024