Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin or Vargas??? 16:28 - Oct 20 with 1972 viewsDougal_RBlock

Watching yesterdays game, I can't help thinking that it would have been a different result had Vargas had started instead of Austin.
YES Austin and Zamora linked up well and caused problems, but I never felt as though either of them would/could nick a goal.

Vargas coming on changed the concept of the game, our whole team lacks pace and he has it in abundance.

For me Vargas has to be given a start against Villa, whether with Austin or for Austin.

Thoughts?????
Austin or Vargas??? on 16:38 - Oct 20 with 1949 viewsdaveB

Vargas came on against a tired defence who had been bullied by Zamora and Austin for 70 odd minutes so he could have a real impact. I'd possibly start him with Austin but if everyone is fit I'd start with the same 11 as yesterday against Villa
Austin or Vargas??? on 17:07 - Oct 20 with 1895 viewspomanjou

For me Austin has looked tired and off the pace all season. He has been great for us last season but I do wonder whether he really has it in him to step up to the prem. he looks trundelly whilst strikers in the prem needs to be quick and very mobile and sharp in all aspects. I don't think he has bullied anyone all season?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 17:08]

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Austin or Vargas??? on 17:14 - Oct 20 with 1884 viewsAntti_Heinola

Austin or Vargas??? on 16:38 - Oct 20 by daveB

Vargas came on against a tired defence who had been bullied by Zamora and Austin for 70 odd minutes so he could have a real impact. I'd possibly start him with Austin but if everyone is fit I'd start with the same 11 as yesterday against Villa

BZ hasn't been 'fit' for about 4 years Dave!

Bare bones.

Austin or Vargas??? on 18:27 - Oct 20 with 1825 viewsQPRMUSO

I certainly though BZ was a good Captain yesterday and I like the way he consoled the players as they came off at the end. Vargas is our own little Aguero and has great ability with pace, he should be on with either BZ or Charlie more than Charlie and BZ at the same time as they are similar type players.
Austin or Vargas??? on 21:12 - Oct 20 with 1732 viewsbaz_qpr

Don't think you can leave Vargas out after scoring 2 in 15 minutes. I don't think Austin is good enough outside the box to partner him, so it would have to be Bobby and Vargas for me. Otherwise the ball is not going to stick
Austin or Vargas??? on 21:40 - Oct 20 with 1699 viewsBrazilNutR

He has to be rewarded for scoring 2 goals..otherwise he'll likely start getting the hump.. I'd maybe put him in to start ahead of Charlie and try and get some real competition going.. Having said that, it will all depend on BZ's fitness..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024