Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL season Thread 13:31 - Sep 4 with 14613 viewsthame_hoops

Who's excited about the NFL season starting tomorrow night?

Ravens at Denver, tought being champions and having to open up on the road (thanks to the Orioles) Ravens being written off already but we now have a stronger, faster D, our play off pedigree is better than most in the last 10 years. Cant see us lifting the vince lombardi again, i think cincinatti could be a good outside bet?

San Fran from the NFC for me, the addition of Boldin at wide receiever and then id take Denver from the AFC, manning has still got it and the addition of Wes Welker is shrewd.

What are your predictions??
NFL season Thread on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 1792 viewstoboboly

NFL season Thread on 11:42 - Jan 13 by OakwoodR

I love our (Seahawks) new uniforms.
Never been so nervous about a sporting event than during the Saints game last Saturday. I nearly threw up when they recovered the onside kick.
Extra nerves possibly due to the fact that I'd booked my flight and hotel for the NFCC game the week before. Flying out to Seattle this Friday for what should be an incredible atmosphere at the Clink.

That'll be immense. Off to Seattle in May for the baseball so let me know if you find any decent bars etc

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

NFL season Thread on 11:59 - Jan 13 with 1782 viewsOakwoodR

NFL season Thread on 11:47 - Jan 13 by toboboly

That'll be immense. Off to Seattle in May for the baseball so let me know if you find any decent bars etc

I go a couple of times a year to Seattle so it's almost like a 2nd home to me now.
Any questions I can help you with I'm happy to answer.
Who are the Ms playing when you are out there?
NFL season Thread on 15:23 - Jan 13 with 1749 viewstoboboly

NFL season Thread on 11:59 - Jan 13 by OakwoodR

I go a couple of times a year to Seattle so it's almost like a 2nd home to me now.
Any questions I can help you with I'm happy to answer.
Who are the Ms playing when you are out there?

Sounds good. They are playing the Tigers so I am predicting a heavy home loss even with Prince Fielder leaving!

I am staying just off 1st Avenue and Wall Street.

NFL season Thread on 17:59 - Jan 20 with 1720 viewsthame_hoops

No Brady or Kaepernick in the superbowl
NFL season Thread on 18:06 - Jan 20 with 1712 viewsqueensparker

I watch NFL once every five years, but for some reason watched that 49ers / Seahawks game last night.

Really enjoyed it- some proper brutal defence. Was brilliant.
NFL season Thread on 19:44 - Jan 20 with 1647 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 18:06 - Jan 20 by queensparker

I watch NFL once every five years, but for some reason watched that 49ers / Seahawks game last night.

Really enjoyed it- some proper brutal defence. Was brilliant.

It was wasn't it, Sherman was a nutter!

The best defence vs the best offence in the Super Bowl, should be great
NFL season Thread on 01:43 - Jan 23 with 1624 viewsSeth_Gecko

Absolutely blinding game and result.

As well as my team being in the Super Bowl, my £30 bet on Denver/Seattle conference winners came in. £577

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

NFL season Thread on 08:10 - Jan 23 with 1588 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 01:43 - Jan 23 by Seth_Gecko

Absolutely blinding game and result.

As well as my team being in the Super Bowl, my £30 bet on Denver/Seattle conference winners came in. £577

Nice!

I think Peyton will take Wilson to school in the final.....
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 10:14]
Login to get fewer ads

NFL season Thread on 08:57 - Jan 23 with 1581 viewsTonto

I relly want Peyton to win. Its a travesty that Eli has won more Superbowls than him.

Plus after the Seattle fans threw popcorn over Bowman as he was being taken off with a broken leg, they dont deserve it.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

NFL season Thread on 10:14 - Jan 23 with 1575 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 08:57 - Jan 23 by Tonto

I relly want Peyton to win. Its a travesty that Eli has won more Superbowls than him.

Plus after the Seattle fans threw popcorn over Bowman as he was being taken off with a broken leg, they dont deserve it.

wasn't it just a couple of people throwing popcorn, the minority etc?

anyone listen to the mic on the last play, sherman tells crabtree 'hell of a game' and thats when crabtree pushes him away.....explains his rant after.
NFL season Thread on 22:09 - Jan 23 with 1547 viewsSeth_Gecko

NFL season Thread on 10:14 - Jan 23 by thame_hoops

wasn't it just a couple of people throwing popcorn, the minority etc?

anyone listen to the mic on the last play, sherman tells crabtree 'hell of a game' and thats when crabtree pushes him away.....explains his rant after.

Exactly. Every set of fans has a couple of bad eggs, and you're spot on about Sherman/Crabtree.

If anything, what do people expect when you're shoving a camera and microphone in their face 30 seconds after a game like that against your rivals?

Fingers crossed Percy Harvin will be fit to play, he'll be a huge bonus.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

NFL season Thread on 11:14 - Jan 24 with 1527 viewstoboboly

Did not like the constant replays of the leg injury.........

NFL season Thread on 13:12 - Jan 24 with 1519 viewsTonto

anyone else picked up Wembley tickets yet? Obviously Im going to the Cowboys game - went for club seats for that. Also got Atlanta v Detroit.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

NFL season Thread on 14:20 - Jan 24 with 1508 views1BobbyHazell

What a cracking game the NFC championship was. I was so nervous and convinced our (Seahawks) stuttering pass game was going to lose us this one. I thought the 49'ers would stack up in the box and with the quality of their front 7 kill Lynch's effectiveness, but you can't contain the beast!

I've felt all season (particularly the latter stages) that our offensive playbook is a little too conservative and was struggling to find ways to slow down pass rushes and keys on Lynch through any creative plays. But Russell always seems to find a way.

As for the D, I'm lapping up every minute because this is once in a lifetime stuff, so exciting to watch. Sherman is f-ing incredible. Not just his sheer athleticism but if you watch him covering routes he makes the cut BEFORE the receiver half the time. Amazing.

I'd have to make Denver slight fave's but maybe that's just 30 years of pain talking. Welker may be a real problem.

Can't wait.
NFL season Thread on 14:20 - Jan 24 with 1506 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 13:12 - Jan 24 by Tonto

anyone else picked up Wembley tickets yet? Obviously Im going to the Cowboys game - went for club seats for that. Also got Atlanta v Detroit.

i go for club tickets a couple of days before the games, always got bargains on ebay and dont have to part with money 9 months early.

The mrs is from Texas so going to the cowboys game and detroit/atlanta. should be an interesting 1:30pm KO.

I think i'll swerve the dolphons/raiders...
NFL season Thread on 15:46 - Jan 24 with 1500 viewsMatch82

NFL season Thread on 14:20 - Jan 24 by 1BobbyHazell

What a cracking game the NFC championship was. I was so nervous and convinced our (Seahawks) stuttering pass game was going to lose us this one. I thought the 49'ers would stack up in the box and with the quality of their front 7 kill Lynch's effectiveness, but you can't contain the beast!

I've felt all season (particularly the latter stages) that our offensive playbook is a little too conservative and was struggling to find ways to slow down pass rushes and keys on Lynch through any creative plays. But Russell always seems to find a way.

As for the D, I'm lapping up every minute because this is once in a lifetime stuff, so exciting to watch. Sherman is f-ing incredible. Not just his sheer athleticism but if you watch him covering routes he makes the cut BEFORE the receiver half the time. Amazing.

I'd have to make Denver slight fave's but maybe that's just 30 years of pain talking. Welker may be a real problem.

Can't wait.

It's a coin toss. In a closed stadium, or in good conditions, you'd expect the Broncos to win, but weather will favour Seattle - cold/rainy/snowy is always better for teams who a) play aggressive defence and b) prefer to run the ball. Seattle do both.
NFL season Thread on 16:37 - Jan 24 with 1496 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 15:46 - Jan 24 by Match82

It's a coin toss. In a closed stadium, or in good conditions, you'd expect the Broncos to win, but weather will favour Seattle - cold/rainy/snowy is always better for teams who a) play aggressive defence and b) prefer to run the ball. Seattle do both.

I was at soldier field back when the tornado hit (ravens game) and I've never met a bunch of whiny fans as bad as the bears? Have you been to soldier field much, are they always like this?
NFL season Thread on 17:58 - Jan 24 with 1487 viewsMatch82

NFL season Thread on 16:37 - Jan 24 by thame_hoops

I was at soldier field back when the tornado hit (ravens game) and I've never met a bunch of whiny fans as bad as the bears? Have you been to soldier field much, are they always like this?

Hah! Only a couple of times, and only during nice weather

The people that can afford to buy the tickets are mostly living out in the 'burbs, so it doesn't surprise me - they were probably angry that their butlers hadn't been allowed in to serve them during the delay...
NFL season Thread on 18:47 - Jan 24 with 1483 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 17:58 - Jan 24 by Match82

Hah! Only a couple of times, and only during nice weather

The people that can afford to buy the tickets are mostly living out in the 'burbs, so it doesn't surprise me - they were probably angry that their butlers hadn't been allowed in to serve them during the delay...

Haha

Someone split a beer on someone and they called security! The wind was blowing drinks around ffs

Wrigley field is fun in the summer
NFL season Thread on 20:27 - Jan 24 with 1475 viewsMatch82

NFL season Thread on 18:47 - Jan 24 by thame_hoops

Haha

Someone split a beer on someone and they called security! The wind was blowing drinks around ffs

Wrigley field is fun in the summer

Cubs games at Wrigley Field might be the closest parallel to day-drinking at the cricket that America has. The result on the field doesn't really matter too much, which is just as well.

Anyway, I'm taking Seattle next week, I think they'll just get too much pressure on Manning for him to be succesful.
NFL season Thread on 09:35 - Apr 25 with 1368 viewsthame_hoops

Who's exited to see the nfl schedule?! Some real humdingers in week 1, canny wait!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000343572/article/2014-nfl-schedule-seahawk
NFL season Thread on 09:42 - Apr 25 with 1360 viewstoboboly

Good stuff. Lets go Ravens!

NFL season Thread on 09:55 - Apr 25 with 1354 viewsstowmarketrange

How hard is it to get tickets for games over there?
I arrive in Phoenix on September 20th for my charity trek in the Grand Canyon and I see the Cardinals are at home to the 49ers on the Sunday lunchtime and I was interested in going.I saw tickets on an American website going for about $79 behind the end zone,but I didn't know whether to approach the Cardinals directly.Any advice please.
I have 2 season tickets at Wembley for all 3 games,but I'd like to see a game over there if possible.Cheers.
NFL season Thread on 09:58 - Apr 25 with 1353 viewstoboboly

NFL season Thread on 09:55 - Apr 25 by stowmarketrange

How hard is it to get tickets for games over there?
I arrive in Phoenix on September 20th for my charity trek in the Grand Canyon and I see the Cardinals are at home to the 49ers on the Sunday lunchtime and I was interested in going.I saw tickets on an American website going for about $79 behind the end zone,but I didn't know whether to approach the Cardinals directly.Any advice please.
I have 2 season tickets at Wembley for all 3 games,but I'd like to see a game over there if possible.Cheers.

I would snap those up now tbh.

NFL season Thread on 10:03 - Apr 25 with 1348 viewsstowmarketrange

NFL season Thread on 09:58 - Apr 25 by toboboly

I would snap those up now tbh.

Thanks.We transfer to our accommodation in the canyon on Saturday night,so its a question of whether I can get transport back to Phoenix in time.
I'll have to check if there is another boring old fart in our group of 40 who also likes the NFL.Cheers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024