Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. 17:11 - Dec 15 with 7865 viewssweetcorn

This board will be hell on earth tonight.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:47 - Dec 15 with 1197 viewsD_Alien

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:44 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

Two bald men fighting over a comb!

Make that three

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:47 - Dec 15 with 1182 viewsNotEyreClue

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:41 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

LOL, I can see how hurt you were by regurgitating this point again, even now!

It's been my signature ever since...I don't get hurt by things said over the internet but I have to admit it tickled me. Not a Saville kind of tickling though, it just about brought a little chortle.

Anyway at the risk of Tazzesquely destroying this thread, I'll add my two cents to the discussion.

I think Coleman is the right man for the job and will eventually turn it around. The recent results are concerning as opposed to worrying but I think if we strengthen in January then we will be OK (depending on finances of course).

I reckon we probably missed Grant today and definitely Gornell because his hold up play is something we really need away from home. Adebola probably did a similar job today but doesn't bring as much to the team in terms of mobility.

Still can't believe he got so needlessly sent off, what a ####

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:49 - Dec 15 with 1170 viewsShun

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:50 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

This is a genuine question, Sweetcorn, I don't know the answer, and I'm not trying to be clever, Would you have sacked Eyre at the time he was sacked (i.e after half as long in charge as the present incumbent). If you wouldn't have then you're being consistent, if you would have then your argument is fatally flawed.

His argument isn't fatally flawed at all as they're different scenarios. This time last year we were looking like being relegated. We had to act to (hopefully) preserve our League One status and keep the financial bonus that that brings with it. This year we've been around the play-offs all season. We're in (in my eyes) no danger of going down. After an admittedly horrible run we're still in an acceptable position in the league.
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:52 - Dec 15 with 1160 viewsD_Alien

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:49 - Dec 15 by Shun

His argument isn't fatally flawed at all as they're different scenarios. This time last year we were looking like being relegated. We had to act to (hopefully) preserve our League One status and keep the financial bonus that that brings with it. This year we've been around the play-offs all season. We're in (in my eyes) no danger of going down. After an admittedly horrible run we're still in an acceptable position in the league.

Admirably put, Shun.

I just hope you're not bald.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:55 - Dec 15 with 1142 viewsNotEyreClue

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:52 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

Admirably put, Shun.

I just hope you're not bald.

If he isn't now he will be by the end of the season.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:11 - Dec 15 with 1112 viewsBobbyjoe

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:49 - Dec 15 by Shun

You can't argue for the sacking of a manager on the one hand, then advocate patience for another, as and when it suits.
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:15 - Dec 15 with 1098 views442Dale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:11 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

You can't argue for the sacking of a manager on the one hand, then advocate patience for another, as and when it suits.

Yes you can. Every situation is different.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:17 - Dec 15 with 1092 viewssweetcorn

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:11 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

Please read my post. It was a different situation completley this time last season compared with this season.

Login to get fewer ads

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:18 - Dec 15 with 1079 viewsBobbyjoe

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:15 - Dec 15 by 442Dale

Yes you can. Every situation is different.

There's no worthwhile debate to be had, then, it's just a beauty-contest!
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:21 - Dec 15 with 1070 views442Dale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:18 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

Yeah. Something like that.

Or it's a case of looking at a situation on its own merits, taking the facts into consideration, and then forming an opinion. Even then it's still just an opinion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:28 - Dec 15 with 1053 viewssweetcorn

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:18 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

You are beyond debate.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:38 - Dec 15 with 1032 viewsBobbyjoe

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:17 - Dec 15 by sweetcorn

Please read my post. It was a different situation completley this time last season compared with this season.

It's always a different situation when it comes to sacking a manager you don't fancy, and defending one you do!
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:40 - Dec 15 with 1024 viewssweetcorn

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:38 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

It's always a different situation when it comes to sacking a manager you don't fancy, and defending one you do!

Please tell me the similarities between this season and last, apart from the time of year.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:46 - Dec 15 with 1012 viewsGizzaNosh

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:40 - Dec 15 by sweetcorn

Please tell me the similarities between this season and last, apart from the time of year.

Allow me to play devils advocate with you Sweetcorn because you seem like a reasonable man.

If on size of team and budget we should be in the bottom 4 of League 2, then surely relegation last season from the league above was also to be expected? Yet we sacked Eyre who was presiding over us at the time.

Whilst Coleman had a tough task of completely rebuilding the team, was Eyre's not arguably as big? Following on from the best manager we've ever had, after an excellent finish the season before in a division higher than what we're used to? Relegation was probably to be expected, we were heading that way as expected and yet we removed him from the job?

As I say, playing devils advocate here
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:03 - Dec 15 with 964 viewsphomem

League position
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:16 - Dec 15 with 932 viewsjudd

The difference between Eyre and Coleman boils down to how they saw/see performances.

I think that Eyre caused incredulity in his after match reports, watching a totally different game to the rest of us.

Most times, Coleman comes out with what fans are seeing this season.

The main problem is, though, is that he's not really got an answer to solve the problems his team selections and tactics are creating.

Sacking him isn't the answer, getting him to change his thinking is, in my humble opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:19 - Dec 15 with 926 viewsSalwaDale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:16 - Dec 15 by judd

The difference between Eyre and Coleman boils down to how they saw/see performances.

I think that Eyre caused incredulity in his after match reports, watching a totally different game to the rest of us.

Most times, Coleman comes out with what fans are seeing this season.

The main problem is, though, is that he's not really got an answer to solve the problems his team selections and tactics are creating.

Sacking him isn't the answer, getting him to change his thinking is, in my humble opinion.

I agree that sacking him isn't the answer but getting him to change his thoughts and opinions - absolutely no chance.

TBBT

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:20 - Dec 15 with 924 viewsjudd

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:19 - Dec 15 by SalwaDale

I agree that sacking him isn't the answer but getting him to change his thoughts and opinions - absolutely no chance.

Well that is the task in hand if he is to be managed.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:20 - Dec 15 with 922 viewsBobbyjoe

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:46 - Dec 15 by GizzaNosh

Allow me to play devils advocate with you Sweetcorn because you seem like a reasonable man.

If on size of team and budget we should be in the bottom 4 of League 2, then surely relegation last season from the league above was also to be expected? Yet we sacked Eyre who was presiding over us at the time.

Whilst Coleman had a tough task of completely rebuilding the team, was Eyre's not arguably as big? Following on from the best manager we've ever had, after an excellent finish the season before in a division higher than what we're used to? Relegation was probably to be expected, we were heading that way as expected and yet we removed him from the job?

No need to excuse it as "devil's advocate", Gizza,it's an enviably reasoned indictment of the hasty decision to sack him, which is directly responsible for the current situation (whether that situation is considered good, bad or indifferent.
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:21 - Dec 15 with 922 viewsNinco

It rained.
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:21 - Dec 15 with 916 viewsSalwaDale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:20 - Dec 15 by judd

Well that is the task in hand if he is to be managed.

Then we might as well get rid.

Alternatively we wait for his ideas to bear fruit. And they should as he has been successful in the past.

TBBT

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:21 - Dec 15 with 914 viewsjudd

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:20 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

No need to excuse it as "devil's advocate", Gizza,it's an enviably reasoned indictment of the hasty decision to sack him, which is directly responsible for the current situation (whether that situation is considered good, bad or indifferent.

It wasn't hasty, it was 6 weeks too late.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:24 - Dec 15 with 899 viewsdale10

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:10 - Dec 15 by sweetcorn

My feeling at the time was that of indecision, on the heat of match day, i wanted nothing more but eyre out, but when I had calmed I wanted to see the Eyre experiment work out and the situation was completley different.

First of all, we were in the relegation zone and had no real evidence of the manager being capable of putting the team in a formation which would deliver a run of results. We have had a 7 game unbeaten run under coleman however.
Secondly, Eyre was working with a group of players who had been playing together for quite some time and understood each others games (albeit with its two best players missing), whereas this is a brand new team which has been built from the ground up and mostly on a small budget.
And finally, there were better options available to us at the time (JC), whereas now i cannot see a realistic replacement who has experience of delivering results on a small budget.

Coleman is the man to lead our club in my opinion, I would give him next season when he has had the chance to build on what he has started again and see if he can deliver, if he does not improve, then we have probably reached the point for a change. Thats just my opinion of course.

just a point we wernt in the relagation zone when eyre was sacked
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:26 - Dec 15 with 894 viewsjudd

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:21 - Dec 15 by SalwaDale

Then we might as well get rid.

Alternatively we wait for his ideas to bear fruit. And they should as he has been successful in the past.

12 months and how many points has he won playing this way?

Doubt very much the board will get rid.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:26 - Dec 15 with 893 viewsBigDaveMyCock

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:46 - Dec 15 by GizzaNosh

It's a good point you raise.

However, Eyre showed from the very start that he couldn't manage on our budget. He amassed a, relatively speaking, huge number of players with seemingly little concern as to the financial consequences for the club. I've never known Dale to have such a large squad.

Coleman, on the other hand, seems to be able to accept he has to work with a small squad and understands the financial constraints more. He also appears to have a greater knowledge of lower league players than Eyre.

Given this, I think the argument may be that Coleman is far more likely to get us to overachieve on our budget than Eyre. The latter showed he had none of the attributes required to overachieve at Dale whatsoever.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024