Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name that band 06:24 - Apr 17 with 585 viewsdanehoop

Just trawling through ITunes and my CD collection and happened across some stuff I used to like. Can you name the band without Googling?

There There My Dear

Plan B

Tell Me When My Light Turns Green

Burn It Down

Should be guessable, if not I'll add in some more tracks that maybe more well known.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Never knowingly understood

Name that band on 06:48 - Apr 17 with 575 viewsElHoop

I recognise them but can't remember who it was. There There My Dear sounds very familiar. Might be someone like Dexy's but not sure without a Google.
Name that band on 07:13 - Apr 17 with 566 viewsCanterbury_Don

Absolutely Dexy's.
And a new album out this year and a mini tour I believe....
Name that band on 07:20 - Apr 17 with 564 viewsElHoop

Yeah it is Dexy's - I googled after I guessed. One of those groups that was good but didn't make too many records. Fine Young Cannibals were another from that sort of era.
Name that band on 08:33 - Apr 17 with 520 viewsdanehoop

Name that band on 07:20 - Apr 17 by ElHoop

Yeah it is Dexy's - I googled after I guessed. One of those groups that was good but didn't make too many records. Fine Young Cannibals were another from that sort of era.

I am impressed indeed. Early Dexy's Midnight Runners from the first album Searching For The Young Soul Rebels. Very good band of their time who have released material in 80's 90's and 2000. More image (radical) image changes than most acts other than David Bowie. Kevin Rowland probably has agreat deal more issues to cope with than most though, bit of a nutter by all accounts.

Picked up a copy of "It was like this" and it brought back all of the memories of Dexy's at their best with Northen Soul roots coming through. Don't think they would have won the X Factor or whatever nonsense exists in the UK now.

Name that band on 08:48 - Apr 17 with 502 viewsDrewster

Name that band on 08:33 - Apr 17 by danehoop

I am impressed indeed. Early Dexy's Midnight Runners from the first album Searching For The Young Soul Rebels. Very good band of their time who have released material in 80's 90's and 2000. More image (radical) image changes than most acts other than David Bowie. Kevin Rowland probably has agreat deal more issues to cope with than most though, bit of a nutter by all accounts.

Picked up a copy of "It was like this" and it brought back all of the memories of Dexy's at their best with Northen Soul roots coming through. Don't think they would have won the X Factor or whatever nonsense exists in the UK now.

got it straight away.
In my humble opinion, There There My dear is without doubt the ighlight of that album, and still sounds fresh today.

Name that band on 10:07 - Apr 17 with 459 viewsdanehoop

Name that band on 08:48 - Apr 17 by Drewster

got it straight away.
In my humble opinion, There There My dear is without doubt the ighlight of that album, and still sounds fresh today.

Awesome track. Just looking again at the track listing and really struggle to pick a favourite. I love the cover of 7 Days Is To Long and the uniqueness of Tell Me When My Light Turns Green. Probably the track that has aged the most is Geno and even then it is a great track. Probably more to do with hearing so much. The B side was another great cover Breaking Down The Walls Of Heartache. I may have played the B side as much as the A side when I was kid.

Just realised that was over 30 years ago. I am suddenly feeling very old.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024