Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? 09:02 - Oct 7 with 3431 viewsAnotherJohn

The news outlets are reporting the latest results from a 17-partner research consortium involved in the Measuring Irregular Migration and Related Policies (MIrreM) project. The latest report (which isn’t yet downloadable on the MirreM webpage) says that the UK has a larger population of illegal migrants than any other European country, even Germany. The upper end of the UK estimate puts the number of irregular immigrants at 745,000 people or 1 in 100 of the population.

https://www.compas.ox.ac.uk/project/mirrem

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/britain-has-most-illegal-migrants-in-europe

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/britain-has-most-migrants-in-europe-as-one-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13931281/Britain-illegal-migrant-capita
[Post edited 7 Oct 9:03]
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 09:28 - Oct 7 with 2518 views1983

26k this year so far that is well over the capacity of the swansea.com remember that the next time you are sitting there. 17! Boats weekend that nobody in France seen coming??
26,000 totally illegal unknown anonymous people in the country wondering about getting medical attention. They are warm,clothed, feed & watered.
I see loads of them as I work with the public, all with free train tickets and looking like they have just rolled around in Sportsdirect just bouncing around to do and go where ever they want when ever they want.
This country is bonkers and needs to shake its head
[Post edited 7 Oct 9:31]

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 21:41 - Oct 7 with 2351 viewsReslovenSwan1

Thousands of migrants were crossing into Europe from Turkiye about ten years ago. Erdogan did a deal with Merkel and the flow dropped like a stone as Turkish police rapidly dealt with local and foreign smugglers.

The French are taking cash but their heart is not not really in to stopping the flow. I saw a clip a single French police man approach an inflated with 30 or so migrants and shot a bullet into the boat.

It looked good but the guys have plenty of rubber patches. A swat team and confiscation of the engine and boat was more appropriate. That what the Turks did.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 11:12 - Oct 8 with 2260 viewsAnotherJohn

This type of case shows how far this has got out of hand.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/10/07/deported-albanian-sneaks-back-in
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 12:35 - Oct 8 with 2243 viewsmax936

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 11:12 - Oct 8 by AnotherJohn

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/10/07/deported-albanian-sneaks-back-in

Its all gonna come on top at some point and probably very soon with this government.
We don't know who we letting in and probably got no idea as to where most are.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 12:48 - Oct 8 with 2236 viewsmajorraglan

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 11:12 - Oct 8 by AnotherJohn

We’ve had 14 years of Conservative government and this particular case goes back 4 years. There are some real positives in the HRA, but there are also some negatives. Instead of axing the HRA in its entirety, why not change the aspects of it we don’t like, that would be far easier. We could strengthen thinks like “conducive to the public good” and weaken things like a “right to a family life” so where there is a conflict between conducive to the public good v family life the former will always trump the latter. There have been cases where the family life has trumped the public good before now, I can recall reading about attempts to deport sex offenders going back 10 years.

People like Robert Buckland have advocated other changes, so the question has to be when Boris and his successors have grappled with this issue why on earth wasn’t something done about it? Is the HRA a convenient excuse for taking their eye off the ball and doing f…. all about an issue that’s been a problem for a long time? Good governance is about seeing an “emerging issue” and sorting it out before it becomes a major problem. Surely we have people at the top who can reshape the HRA or amend it even if it means employing the people who are exploiting the loop holes to shut them down once and for all.

This Albanian geezer should have been put straight back in the cells to finish his sentence and then been on a plane to Albania. If he was caught here again it should be 10 years then deportation.
[Post edited 8 Oct 13:57]
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 13:26 - Oct 8 with 2212 viewsAnotherJohn

Here is an interesting article from Jonathan Sumption (former Supreme Court judge), which argues that it is the change over time in the scope of human rights engineered by the Strasbourg Court that is the problem, and that we would do better to pass our own domestic legislation to duplicate those rights that are important. The wider theme is that this is yet another area where transnational law is trespassing on the domain of politics, in a way that national electorates cannot easily resist.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/judgment-day-the-case-for-leaving-the-echr/

(Need to register to get a couple of free articles).
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 16:10 - Oct 8 with 2149 viewspencoedjack

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 12:35 - Oct 8 by max936

Its all gonna come on top at some point and probably very soon with this government.
We don't know who we letting in and probably got no idea as to where most are.

Many (on the left) will soon get the country they deserve.

Unfortunately, those who can see what is happening are called right-wing & its a travesty that our kids & grandkids will have to live in a country that governments have let down (past & present) when it comes to illegal immigration.
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 16:46 - Oct 8 with 2142 viewsmax936

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 16:10 - Oct 8 by pencoedjack

Unfortunately, those who can see what is happening are called right-wing & its a travesty that our kids & grandkids will have to live in a country that governments have let down (past & present) when it comes to illegal immigration.

And millions if not billions as been chucked at the problem and we are still nowhere near solving the issue.

Starmer seems to have an open house attitude, Torys have washed their hands of the problem and Farage just states the obvious without giving an opinion on a solution which is a typical attitude of a talking horse.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 17:33 - Oct 8 with 2063 viewsonehunglow

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 16:10 - Oct 8 by pencoedjack

The most vulnerable folk are indigenous British lower paid workers
Hotels shut, jobs lost to accommodate the unknown
Results are clear
Sadly labour see them as tools to use for future votes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 17:47 - Oct 8 with 2070 viewsAndyconky

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 09:28 - Oct 7 by 1983

26k this year so far that is well over the capacity of the swansea.com remember that the next time you are sitting there. 17! Boats weekend that nobody in France seen coming??
26,000 totally illegal unknown anonymous people in the country wondering about getting medical attention. They are warm,clothed, feed & watered.
I see loads of them as I work with the public, all with free train tickets and looking like they have just rolled around in Sportsdirect just bouncing around to do and go where ever they want when ever they want.
This country is bonkers and needs to shake its head
[Post edited 7 Oct 9:31]

Genuine question. Did you question every last one of them where they got their clothes and also did you check their Railcards. I appreciate there is an emotive issue with immigration but I would suggest yours is just a generalised racist viewpoint?

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 19:15 - Oct 8 with 2022 viewsFlashberryjack

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 17:47 - Oct 8 by Andyconky

Genuine question. Did you question every last one of them where they got their clothes and also did you check their Railcards. I appreciate there is an emotive issue with immigration but I would suggest yours is just a generalised racist viewpoint?

68 million and rising, and you accuse sensible people that are concerned about it, as having a "generalised racist viewpoint"

Genuine question, at what stage would mass immigration concern you ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 19:28 - Oct 8 with 2016 viewsAndyconky

I took am concerned but am happy to have a normal discussion. But the poster has suggested that he knows that every not white poster must be an immigrant who has everything paid for them. Whilst I agree a discussion should be had is it not racist to assume that?

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 19:29 - Oct 8 with 2013 viewsAndyconky

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 19:28 - Oct 8 by Andyconky

I took am concerned but am happy to have a normal discussion. But the poster has suggested that he knows that every not white poster must be an immigrant who has everything paid for them. Whilst I agree a discussion should be had is it not racist to assume that?

*person

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 20:42 - Oct 8 with 1965 viewsAnotherJohn

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 19:28 - Oct 8 by Andyconky

The post did not make any reference to skin colour. Many irregular migrants are white or as near as makes no discernible difference. When you are trying to pour a quart into a pint pot you still have a problem whether the liquid is coca cola or milk.
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 01:08 - Oct 9 with 1890 viewsRobbie

Human Rights lawyer at our helm now again , echos of Cherie Blair another do gooder in Downing St. calling the shots and encouring mass immigration with no end game .

France do not want any more asylum seekers , reports suggest Marseille is out of control .
Many areas of Paris a no go area for tourists if true . not been there myself .

The French will have no problem leaving the small boats depart their shores for the UK .

Yet the UK Government continue to throw money at France to stop the problem .
They accept the cash with open arms , how dull are them brits giving us an escape route .
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 08:21 - Oct 9 with 1826 viewsonehunglow

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 01:08 - Oct 9 by Robbie

Human Rights lawyer at our helm now again , echos of Cherie Blair another do gooder in Downing St. calling the shots and encouring mass immigration with no end game .

France do not want any more asylum seekers , reports suggest Marseille is out of control .
Many areas of Paris a no go area for tourists if true . not been there myself .

The French will have no problem leaving the small boats depart their shores for the UK .

Yet the UK Government continue to throw money at France to stop the problem .
They accept the cash with open arms , how dull are them brits giving us an escape route .

Human Rights applies to all including those already denizens of a country and its towns and cities

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 08:42 - Oct 9 with 1833 views1983

Actually yes they come with travel warrants that they hand into the ticket office in exchange for free train tickets and I've seen umpteen young males like them dressed in brand new Lonsdale & Slazenger clothing walking around like it's the middle of winter with no particular place to go

If it looks like a duck,walks like a duck,sounds like a duck...

Racist?? You'll have to do better than that!
[Post edited 9 Oct 10:31]

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 10:04 - Oct 9 with 1796 viewsmangohilljack

that is the exact attitude that got us here in the first place.
I remember 10 15 years ago a certain Tommy Robinson being demonised as a racist for bringing the illegal immigrant situation to the public eye, many at the time said similar and pulled the racist card.

And now look where we are
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 10:29 - Oct 9 with 1766 views1983

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 10:04 - Oct 9 by mangohilljack

that is the exact attitude that got us here in the first place.
I remember 10 15 years ago a certain Tommy Robinson being demonised as a racist for bringing the illegal immigrant situation to the public eye, many at the time said similar and pulled the racist card.

And now look where we are

Sadly the word racist is now the go to word for people who don't want to hear what your saying.

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 10:58 - Oct 9 with 1751 viewsmangohilljack

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 10:29 - Oct 9 by 1983

Sadly the word racist is now the go to word for people who don't want to hear what your saying.

Exactly right and there are others

Terms like "conspiracy theorist," "far-right," and "anti-vaxxer" often serve as convenient labels to dismiss arguments without engaging with the substance of the debate. When individuals resort to these labels, it typically indicates a lack of strong, coherent points to counter the discussion.

Recent events in the media, including individuals facing legal consequences for social media posts, foreshadow a troubling trend. We may be witnessing the early stages of a social credit system reminiscent of China's, where those in power can marginalize dissenters and dictate access to essential aspects of daily life based on their conformity to prevailing narratives.

The mechanisms for this shift are already being put in place: Digital IDs, digital currencies, and a push toward electric vehicles are all part of a broader strategy to control and monitor individual behavior. This is just the beginning of a significant societal transformation.
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 13:25 - Oct 9 with 1713 viewscontroversial_jack

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 10:58 - Oct 9 by mangohilljack

Terms like "conspiracy theorist," "far-right," and "anti-vaxxer" often serve as convenient labels to dismiss arguments without engaging with the substance of the debate. When individuals resort to these labels, it typically indicates a lack of strong, coherent points to counter the discussion.

Recent events in the media, including individuals facing legal consequences for social media posts, foreshadow a troubling trend. We may be witnessing the early stages of a social credit system reminiscent of China's, where those in power can marginalize dissenters and dictate access to essential aspects of daily life based on their conformity to prevailing narratives.

The mechanisms for this shift are already being put in place: Digital IDs, digital currencies, and a push toward electric vehicles are all part of a broader strategy to control and monitor individual behavior. This is just the beginning of a significant societal transformation.

As i've stated on several occasions. Russia arrested 400 for social media comments, Britain 3,300 We have a police state.
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 13:42 - Oct 9 with 1703 viewsraynor94

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 13:25 - Oct 9 by controversial_jack

As i've stated on several occasions. Russia arrested 400 for social media comments, Britain 3,300 We have a police state.

It's a real mystery why only 400 Russians have been arrested

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 14:12 - Oct 9 with 1689 viewsAnotherJohn

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 13:42 - Oct 9 by raynor94

It's a real mystery why only 400 Russians have been arrested

A mystery indeed! With the war and use of prisoners as military volunteers the incarceration rate (all offenses) has fallen from over 500 per 10,000 population to just over 300 in Russia. But by way of comparison the rate for England and Wales is 132 per 10,000.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/957501/incarceration-rate-in-europe/

N.B. "The Russian Federation has in previous years been the country with the highest incarceration rate in the Council of Europe's data, however, as the country was removed as a member of the council in 2022 due to their invasion of Ukraine, data for Russia is no longer available." Latest estimate by Statista is a rate of 328 per 10,000 population.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1022927/russia-annual-incarceration-rate/#:~
[Post edited 9 Oct 14:15]
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 16:20 - Oct 9 with 1628 viewsSullutaCreturned

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 10:58 - Oct 9 by mangohilljack

Now I don't entirely disagree with you but where you are wrong is, this isn't the start. This isn't anywhere near the start. This kind of talk has been going on for close on 30 years it's just that 30 years ago more people saw it for what it was. Now as people age and die and they are replaced by the new born, those new born go to school to be indoctrinated.

I argued with a primary school teacher about it, she was telling my son (his whole class) what to think. It just happened that I agreed with her, she was slating Don Trump. The thing was that she gave no evidence, she just told the whole class Trump is bad.
My son came home repeating that and I asked him why he thought so, his answer was "miss said so" and I had a small rant about thinking for himself, looking at the evidence and not believing something because a teacher told him, or anyone told him come to that. I even told him that it was fine to disagree with me as long as he had evidence.

The thing today is, even when you do online searches the results are filtered. Google puts what they want you to see at the top and you have to scroll through endless pages to find differeing opinions.

Even on here there are things we cannot dicuss in case the charity doesn't like it. Different opinions are not tolerated.
It's cancel culture and students love it, thye practice it regularly in Universities, they ban speakers or cause such a ruckuss the uni cancels the speech.

Freedom of speech, demoracy, if they ever really existed they are hardly ever allowed anymore.
The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 17:04 - Oct 9 with 1612 viewsAndyconky

The illegal immigration capital of Europe? on 19:15 - Oct 8 by Flashberryjack

68 million and rising, and you accuse sensible people that are concerned about it, as having a "generalised racist viewpoint"

Genuine question, at what stage would mass immigration concern you ?

I'm concerned about it too but asked a question about a specific thing

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024