Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth 21:34 - Sep 24 with 3594 viewsSaintNick

Who has a ticket for Bournemouth next week and how are you getting there

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth on 21:35 - Sep 24 with 2540 viewsPatfromPoole

I could walk, but that would be a waste of drinking time.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Bournemouth on 08:09 - Sep 25 with 2320 viewsdorsetsaint

17.01 from Hinton Admiral, arrives at Pokesdown 17.09.
Bournemouth on 08:58 - Sep 25 with 2230 viewsBridders2

Driving, park in the side streets, walk to the ground easy. Being treated to the hospitality by my wealthy brother who's a big cherry fan.
Bournemouth on 10:42 - Sep 25 with 2155 viewsSalisburySaint

X3 Bus down from Salisbury early afternoon with half a dozen others, meeting London lads for beers in central Bournemouth before going to bar in Boscombe to meet others coming down by minibus and cars, getting lift back on minibus
Bournemouth on 11:15 - Sep 25 with 2100 viewsfranniesTache

Not going to this one due to not being able to get a train home after.

To be honest i'm not that fussed as despite qualifying i've been there a fair few times and would rather go to an interesting game instead
Bournemouth on 11:33 - Sep 25 with 2063 viewssaintwizzler

Probably the only away game that I’d of done as it’s a good view,
but as it’s a Monday night it’s a no no.
Annual Leave is saved for European holibobbing these days.
I’ll be on the sofa watching on the FireCube.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Bournemouth on 13:53 - Sep 25 with 1912 viewsBenali_Saint

Ive got myself a lift down
Bournemouth on 15:21 - Sep 25 with 1825 views1teeminants

I always think this game lacks atmosphere as we have many family types that go to this and Bournemouth never seem to sing much either .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth on 16:24 - Sep 25 with 1741 viewsfranniesTache

I hadn't realised that in the last two games bournemouth have played a Russell Martin side the scorelines have been 4-0 and 5-0 in their favour.

One of my cherries mates pointed this out, and also pointed out a third of those goals had come from mistakes his sides had made passing around at the back.

Maybe he'll have learned, maybe...
Bournemouth on 16:28 - Sep 25 with 1736 viewsPatfromPoole

Bournemouth on 16:24 - Sep 25 by franniesTache

I hadn't realised that in the last two games bournemouth have played a Russell Martin side the scorelines have been 4-0 and 5-0 in their favour.

One of my cherries mates pointed this out, and also pointed out a third of those goals had come from mistakes his sides had made passing around at the back.

Though oddly it is a ground we usually seem to do quite well at…..

Bournemouth on 16:35 - Sep 25 with 1724 viewsfranniesTache

Bournemouth on 16:28 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

Though oddly it is a ground we usually seem to do quite well at…..

Probably cause they work themselves up for no reason at all, put a load of pressure on themselves and then bottle it.

All for some absolutely bizarre idea this game somehow means something more than playing swindon, yeovil or brighton.
Bournemouth on 16:40 - Sep 25 with 1716 viewsPatfromPoole

Bournemouth on 16:35 - Sep 25 by franniesTache

Probably cause they work themselves up for no reason at all, put a load of pressure on themselves and then bottle it.

All for some absolutely bizarre idea this game somehow means something more than playing swindon, yeovil or brighton.

You just don’t get it, Scummer…….

Bournemouth on 16:47 - Sep 25 with 1705 viewsPatfromPoole

Confession time.

The first time I went to a Saints game in the flesh it was a League Cup game in 1987-88 at Dean Court, as it then was.

For my sins, I was in the Boscombe end, and they won 1-0.

We drew the second leg 2-2 and were out.

Saints were very much my team, but in those days I was taken to watch Boscombe.

I don't recall things being particularly tribal between the two teams at that time, though others may recall differently. I was only 14 at the time.

Bournemouth on 17:32 - Sep 25 with 1634 viewsfelly1

Bournemouth on 16:47 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

Confession time.

The first time I went to a Saints game in the flesh it was a League Cup game in 1987-88 at Dean Court, as it then was.

I don't recall things being particularly tribal between the two teams at that time, though others may recall differently. I was only 14 at the time.

I was 17 and remember being in the Milton Rd end and the crowd were chanting "Nicholl out" towards the end.
Bournemouth on 18:37 - Sep 25 with 1583 viewsfranniesTache

Bournemouth on 17:32 - Sep 25 by felly1

I was 17 and remember being in the Milton Rd end and the crowd were chanting "Nicholl out" towards the end.

I was west stand by where the players came out that day, can’t say I remember a massive amount about the game to be honest, think my main memory is an old mush shouting at the players as they went down the tunnel they should have had their hot chocolate after the game
Bournemouth on 19:01 - Sep 25 with 1541 viewsMytchettSaint

Didn’t have a hope of getting a ticket for this so I’m off for a weekend in Italy and going to watch Como v Hellas Verona (my adopted Italian team) on the Sunday.
Back home Monday evening in time for our game on the tv.

Forza Rossobianco

Bournemouth on 19:05 - Sep 25 with 1520 viewsTripleNiemi

Bournemouth on 15:21 - Sep 25 by 1teeminants

I always think this game lacks atmosphere as we have many family types that go to this and Bournemouth never seem to sing much either .

They need to adopt our approach and get a fanzone up and running for the OAP’s before the game……

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Bournemouth on 19:09 - Sep 25 with 1507 viewsTripleNiemi

Confession time.

Crikey, what with Nick and his beloved Liverpool and now you with the Cherries……

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Bournemouth on 19:52 - Sep 25 with 1417 views1teeminants

Confession time.

I wouldn’t say it’s tribal now either. Very tame . Even though they are doing better than us now I always remember going to football in the 70’s and 80’s and Bournemouth were always just a small lower league team down the road. I’ve never seen them as anything different tbh even now though they have good scouting networks and are well set up and obviously not lower league.

Bournemouth on 20:08 - Sep 25 with 1386 viewsfranniesTache

Bournemouth on 19:52 - Sep 25 by 1teeminants

I wouldn’t say it’s tribal now either. Very tame . Even though they are doing better than us now I always remember going to football in the 70’s and 80’s and Bournemouth were always just a small lower league team down the road. I’ve never seen them as anything different tbh even now though they have good scouting networks and are well set up and obviously not lower league.

80s and 90s you’d get the half time score over the tannoy, pompey losing massive cheer, Bournemouth winning another cheer.

Absolutely no animosity towards them from anyone I knew, in fact most like them. I also find it really cringeworthy when people call them boscome
Bournemouth on 20:30 - Sep 25 with 1336 viewskingslandstand1

Bournemouth on 15:21 - Sep 25 by 1teeminants

But according to their 15 year old boot boys, we are their fiercest rivals and they hate us with a passion
Bournemouth on 21:14 - Sep 25 with 1201 viewsPatfromPoole

Bournemouth on 20:08 - Sep 25 by franniesTache

80s and 90s you’d get the half time score over the tannoy, pompey losing massive cheer, Bournemouth winning another cheer.

Absolutely no animosity towards them from anyone I knew, in fact most like them. I also find it really cringeworthy when people call them boscome

Their original name is Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic.

When I used to watch them, a lot of their fans referred to them as Boscombe.

A popular chant was “Boscombe, back of the net!!!”.

Think I need a slap in the face with a wet fish to clear the memory of this.

Bournemouth on 21:18 - Sep 25 with 1197 views1teeminants

Bournemouth on 20:08 - Sep 25 by franniesTache

Yes I remember cheering their results myself . 👍

Bournemouth on 21:21 - Sep 25 with 1194 viewsSaintNick

Bournemouth on 16:24 - Sep 25 by franniesTache

That is the home games for Bournemouth, there are extenuating circumstances , Bournemouth, Swansea did lose 4-0 to Bournemouth a few years back with Martin in charge, but for the 5-0 game against MK Dons played on 31st August 2021 MK Dons confirmed on the day of the game that Martin was in talks with Swansea and he was namd their manager the following day, so I am not sure if he was actually in charge for that game, although if he was I would think his and his squad would have been well aware of the situation and their heart wasn't in it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth on 21:46 - Sep 25 with 1131 viewsPatfromPoole

Bournemouth on 19:09 - Sep 25 by TripleNiemi

Crikey, what with Nick and his beloved Liverpool and now you with the Cherries……

Oh no, I have no soft spot for them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024