Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A huge sense of entitlement 12:23 - Sep 23 with 1135 viewssaint901

I watched some of the City/Arsenal game.

Had to turn it off (before the late equaliser). Then read some of the reaction today and got angry again.

The payers in the PL were all told that kicking the ball away would be a yellow card. Trossard clearly did that and Arteta moaning about the ref following the rules is pathetic and childish and does him,his club and the PL no favours.

Then we see a whole half of time wasting at every opportunity from Arsenal in particular.

The day I run the PL, it would mean Arsenal losing the point they claimed.

What arrogance to think that your club is big enough to have its own rule book.
A huge sense of entitlement on 12:56 - Sep 23 with 1055 viewsIfonly

I hate Arsenal and the way they played yesterday (anti football) but I think this is just a typical manager reaction moaning about every decision. Also yesterday Gibbs White had a deserved sending off but Nuno can't see it and gets sent off himself. The week before a certain manager saw his beloved captain do the same as Gibbs White did yesterday but worse (studs up) and get sent off too, and this certain manager also gets booked for moaning.

It's not just the entitled managers.
A huge sense of entitlement on 13:10 - Sep 23 with 1027 viewsTripleNiemi

Unless it involves (or directly affects) Saints I don’t tend to watch other PL games.

Re: arrogance and club’s thinking they have their own rule book, how many points do you think City will be docked????

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

A huge sense of entitlement on 13:27 - Sep 23 with 992 viewssaint901

A huge sense of entitlement on 13:10 - Sep 23 by TripleNiemi

Unless it involves (or directly affects) Saints I don’t tend to watch other PL games.

Re: arrogance and club’s thinking they have their own rule book, how many points do you think City will be docked????

Well the City enquiry is expected to last until late this year or early next.

There will be an appeal - perhaps more than one.

A decision by the start of next season?

If that is the case, I'd expect City to be prevented from buying/selling players at worst.

Perhaps a slap on the wrist in terms of points deductions, certainly not enough to threaten them with relegation in the 25/26 season.
A huge sense of entitlement on 13:57 - Sep 23 with 953 viewssledger

they will be trying to find a way to punish them without prompting a load of other clubs starting law suits for lost revenue
A huge sense of entitlement on 14:43 - Sep 23 with 886 viewsBerber

I think there is nothing wrong with a bit of s**thousery. Personally, I thought Trossard’s yellow when kicking the ball away was a bit tough. He was already stepping in to kick it when the whistle went. But the ref deemed it a breach, and so the due punishment was served.

The trouble comes with where to draw the line. How about booking goalies who collect the ball then collapse to the ground when seeing out time at the end of a half? Ours have done it plenty of times.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

A huge sense of entitlement on 16:39 - Sep 23 with 753 viewskingslandstand1

There'sbeen a lot of fuss about Trossard and Rice the other week being "sent off" for kicking the ball away. No they weren't, they were "booked" for doing so The fact that they'd both been booked earlier resulted in the sending off so both were basically a couple of tvvats knowing the rules
Take it for a first offence if it helps (gamesmanship I think it's called!), but don't do it when you've already been booked!
But why wasn't the City player booked earlier in the game for the same offence
And as for time wasting, well as I said in a post yesterday it stinks and ruins the game, but they all do it when it suits and until it's stamped on they will all carry on doing it
A huge sense of entitlement on 16:43 - Sep 23 with 748 viewssaint901

Interesting table on the BBC website.

Measures average time taken for a goal kick, corner, free kick etc.

Arsenal and Villa top of that table at 34 seconds per event.

Saints are 8th (highest we'll be this season that's for sure) at 29 seconds.

Think about it. A team might have 10 corners, 15 free kicks and say 25 goal kicks and throw ins. That's close on 28 minutes of fans just watching nothing happen. Think the club should refund 25% of the ticket price?
A huge sense of entitlement on 16:51 - Sep 23 with 736 viewsIfonly

A huge sense of entitlement on 16:43 - Sep 23 by saint901

Think about it. A team might have 10 corners, 15 free kicks and say 25 goal kicks and throw ins. That's close on 28 minutes of fans just watching nothing happen. Think the club should refund 25% of the ticket price?

Do we get a refund for backwards and sideways passes too?
Login to get fewer ads

A huge sense of entitlement on 16:55 - Sep 23 with 731 viewssaint901

Depends what you think the ticket money is for.

If all you want is entertainment and care nothing for the result, save your money and go to the theatre/cinema/circus/pub/restaurant.

If the ball is in play (and when we play sideways and backwards there's always the risk that the opposition will win it from us and score) then something may happen.

If the ball is not in play for 28 minutes then why pay for it.
A huge sense of entitlement on 18:02 - Sep 23 with 655 viewskingslandstand1

A huge sense of entitlement on 16:43 - Sep 23 by saint901

Wasn't there uproar last season when refs were told to add time on for perceived time wasting, which they did, and there was generally 10-15 minutes added to the 90!

Maybe start that again although the players would winge due to the extra amount of "game time"
A huge sense of entitlement on 19:05 - Sep 23 with 595 viewsTripleNiemi

A huge sense of entitlement on 16:51 - Sep 23 by Ifonly

Do we get a refund for backwards and sideways passes too?

Corr, think of the Pilsners that could buy in the fan zone…….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

A huge sense of entitlement on 19:44 - Sep 23 with 541 viewsLondonSaint76

A huge sense of entitlement on 16:39 - Sep 23 by kingslandstand1

There'sbeen a lot of fuss about Trossard and Rice the other week being "sent off" for kicking the ball away. No they weren't, they were "booked" for doing so The fact that they'd both been booked earlier resulted in the sending off so both were basically a couple of tvvats knowing the rules
Take it for a first offence if it helps (gamesmanship I think it's called!), but don't do it when you've already been booked!
But why wasn't the City player booked earlier in the game for the same offence
And as for time wasting, well as I said in a post yesterday it stinks and ruins the game, but they all do it when it suits and until it's stamped on they will all carry on doing it

Not sticking up for the City player but apparently the reason he didn’t get booked was because the ref instructed the City player to return the ball to where the offence took place, which was a few yards away from where player & ball had come to a halt. Obviously the free kick would be taken by Arsenal from where the offence occurred and the ref motioned to the City player to send the ball back to where the kick would be taken from. Can’t take any credit for spotting it myself, they covered it in the post match analysis on MOTD2 last night 🙂

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

A huge sense of entitlement on 21:33 - Sep 23 with 451 viewsJoiedevivre

I know he’s one of ours but the whinging of Theo Walcott was annoying. Keane, Neville, Carragher had it right - second yellow all day long.
A huge sense of entitlement on 12:11 - Sep 24 with 229 viewssledger

A huge sense of entitlement on 14:43 - Sep 23 by Berber

I think there is nothing wrong with a bit of s**thousery. Personally, I thought Trossard’s yellow when kicking the ball away was a bit tough. He was already stepping in to kick it when the whistle went. But the ref deemed it a breach, and so the due punishment was served.

The trouble comes with where to draw the line. How about booking goalies who collect the ball then collapse to the ground when seeing out time at the end of a half? Ours have done it plenty of times.

he knew exactly what he was doing,if he was playing on he would have rolled the ball to his team mate,he didnt he launched it.As an aside i thought the challenge was violent enough to draw a yellow card in fact if he wasnt already on a yellow it would have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024