Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Subs 17:21 - Aug 25 with 2678 viewsandrew

Absolutely ruined us

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Subs on 17:21 - Aug 25 with 2659 viewsonehunglow

And why?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Subs on 18:23 - Aug 25 with 2499 viewsSullutaCreturned

Subs on 17:21 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

And why?

Well he took off our energy and replaced it with Fulton and Abdullai. Abdullai is not a winger and Eom was doing better than Ronald, mostly.

Cardiff were the better team after the subs as we sat back instead of pressing them and looking for a second. Tanners pace ruined us down our left.
Subs on 18:26 - Aug 25 with 2448 viewspencoedjack

Subs on 18:23 - Aug 25 by SullutaCreturned

Well he took off our energy and replaced it with Fulton and Abdullai. Abdullai is not a winger and Eom was doing better than Ronald, mostly.

Cardiff were the better team after the subs as we sat back instead of pressing them and looking for a second. Tanners pace ruined us down our left.

Totally agree

We should of been out of sight at half time
Subs on 18:26 - Aug 25 with 2443 viewsonehunglow

Fair comment

Subs on 18:45 - Aug 25 with 2376 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Subs for the sake of subs.
Although the players need to look at themselves with how we dropped off before the changes

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Subs on 18:50 - Aug 25 with 2340 viewsDJack

This.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Subs on 18:52 - Aug 25 with 2325 viewsmax936

Subs on 18:45 - Aug 25 by PatchesOHoulihan

Subs for the sake of subs.
Although the players need to look at themselves with how we dropped off before the changes

Need these new lads up to speed ASAP, be difficult though with them [Abbey apart] not having experience in the Championship with all the intensity it brings.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Subs on 18:58 - Aug 25 with 2283 viewscontroversial_jack

Subs on 18:26 - Aug 25 by pencoedjack

Totally agree

We should of been out of sight at half time

Should have, not should of
Login to get fewer ads

Subs on 19:27 - Aug 25 with 2181 viewsdonkonky

Subs on 18:58 - Aug 25 by controversial_jack

Subs on 19:40 - Aug 25 with 2118 viewsonehunglow

Subs on 18:58 - Aug 25 by controversial_jack

What about the misuse of possessive pronouns
[Post edited 25 Aug 19:41]

Subs on 20:30 - Aug 25 with 1998 viewsjack247

I’m assuming the logic was to go with our more energetic players and hope we had the game won by the time they tired. At 2-0, Fulton and Naughton would have been good subs to see the game out.

1-0 it was a gamble but we had no option because Ronald, Eom and Cooper were flagging. From 1-1 I thought both teams almost settled for it. They weren’t really pressing us and we were content to knock it around at the back without a lot of pressure. We didn’t really go for it as all the players capable of that were off the pitch.

Vipotnik will keep coming on like that until he’s got 90 minutes in him. I thought Cullen did well, but Vipotnik is starting before long.

Allen is a level above everyone in either midfield. He’s slowing down (not nearly to Ramseys extent). At best he’ll play the first hour even when fully fit.

Franco looked ok to me and I agree with the comments he was our best player. Possibly precautionary as he hurt his arm not long before going off. He didn’t look like he was struggling for fitness.
Subs on 20:55 - Aug 25 with 1844 viewsunion_jack

Agree with most of that but I’d say Ronald had a better game than EOM. It’s moot though because neither covered themselves in glory.

This game came too early in the season for both sides without doubt. Time will tell whether it favoured us or them though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Subs on 21:00 - Aug 25 with 1834 viewsjack247

Subs on 20:55 - Aug 25 by union_jack

Agree with most of that but I’d say Ronald had a better game than EOM. It’s moot though because neither covered themselves in glory.

This game came too early in the season for both sides without doubt. Time will tell whether it favoured us or them though.

Agree with this. Think we’d have found it a lot easier if this game came in a months time.

Striker not match fit, no real replacement for either winger when they tired. I know nothing about Bianchini, but assume he’d have come on for one of them if he’d been here a few weeks.

They may be great signings, but bringing them in so late really doesn’t help.
Subs on 21:02 - Aug 25 with 1815 viewsDr_Winston

To be honest I think we let Cardiff off lightly. Yes, they pressed us reasonably well, but left huge gaps at the back courtesy of their high line which we failed to exploit. Two or three times we had them shitting themselves when we played a quick pass through the lines, yet that was a tactic we rarely tried. Again and again I watched players make runs, during the first half especially, but the pass never came.

The openings they had late on in the game came mostly as a result of the tactical choices we made, exemplified by the subs mentioned in the OP.

None of their players stood out as particularly technically capable. That new centre half looked OK, otherwise they were just big strong workers. Basically Cardiff players. Colwill included. We'll play a lot better teams this season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Subs on 21:14 - Aug 25 with 1768 viewsSullutaCreturned

Subs on 20:55 - Aug 25 by union_jack

As far as I could see, all Ronald did was control the ball and shoot, Cullen picking off the rebound. Eom did better in the tackling back stakes for me, he did miscontrol the ball a few times while tryig to be clever. Neither were brilliant though.

I thought Cooper did really well, including a barnstorming tackle on the ede of our area when Cardiff were threatening.
Second hal we were far too slow and tippy tappy around our area,

For the last 10-15 minutes it looked to me like we both settled for the draw. It was the most blood and thunder derby I've seen in years though. It was good.
Subs on 22:00 - Aug 25 with 1666 viewshobo

Subs on 21:02 - Aug 25 by Dr_Winston

To be honest I think we let Cardiff off lightly. Yes, they pressed us reasonably well, but left huge gaps at the back courtesy of their high line which we failed to exploit. Two or three times we had them shitting themselves when we played a quick pass through the lines, yet that was a tactic we rarely tried. Again and again I watched players make runs, during the first half especially, but the pass never came.

The openings they had late on in the game came mostly as a result of the tactical choices we made, exemplified by the subs mentioned in the OP.

None of their players stood out as particularly technically capable. That new centre half looked OK, otherwise they were just big strong workers. Basically Cardiff players. Colwill included. We'll play a lot better teams this season.

Dalman looked quality. Our kind of player but 4 is too rich for us
Subs on 06:24 - Aug 26 with 1320 viewsRichardO

I agree with the first paragraph, the first half we could have put the game to bed our shape was good and countered anything they threw at us, that good defensive shape we had gave us a good base to attack that high line and we did also cause them problems at times through the middle and out wide but sometimes in those instances the correct ball wasn't played or the wrong option was taken, we began to take the safe option instead of the quick option when a bit of composure or call it quality on the ball would lead to the correct decision being made.

The options available to us are often dictated by how the opposition is set up and by seeing that, decisions can be made before you even had your first touch, if you see space open up for one of your players use it. Similarly a number of times the break from the goalkeeper arms was on but the decision was made too late and the openings are lost.

The second half we got stretched they kept their width, we didn't stop their supply as two of their midfielders dropped deep making our press ineffective as we didn't get our marking right be it in the middle of the park and out wide.
We still had some breaks but again didn't take the right choices, lack of quality?

If anything the substitutions compounded the problems down our left leaving us open to the counter attack and being unable to stop it unbalanced with too many on the right as we stopped their progress down that side leaving Tymon trying to both defend and support the attack but leaving him exposed, he needed help, he didn't get it, there are times where he has to make the right decision and keep his defensive line, he gets carried away with his attacking intent similar to how Manning use to with the same consequences.

A game we should of won but we didn't get the team shape right in the second half and allow ourselves to be pulled out of shape and the gaps appeared. It needed to be addressed but didn't.
Subs on 07:50 - Aug 26 with 1193 viewssons_of_omri

I was often thinking to myself “why doesn’t Viggoroux try a ball over the top”? Our MF were supplying the quick ball nowhere near often enough.
Subs on 07:53 - Aug 26 with 1178 viewssons_of_omri

The new winger should have been used. Putting Abdullai on the wing effectively reduced us to 10 men.
Subs on 08:34 - Aug 26 with 1046 viewsonehunglow

Subs on 21:14 - Aug 25 by SullutaCreturned

As far as I could see, all Ronald did was control the ball and shoot, Cullen picking off the rebound. Eom did better in the tackling back stakes for me, he did miscontrol the ball a few times while tryig to be clever. Neither were brilliant though.

I thought Cooper did really well, including a barnstorming tackle on the ede of our area when Cardiff were threatening.
Second hal we were far too slow and tippy tappy around our area,

For the last 10-15 minutes it looked to me like we both settled for the draw. It was the most blood and thunder derby I've seen in years though. It was good.

It’s why Allen and Naughton were brought on
Defending 1-0 at home

Subs on 08:50 - Aug 26 with 996 viewsWhiterockin

Subs on 08:34 - Aug 26 by onehunglow

It’s why Allen and Naughton were brought on
Defending 1-0 at home

Fulton for Franco and Abdulai for Eom were the biggest substition mistakes, we completely lost our shape and impetus.
Subs on 08:55 - Aug 26 with 985 viewsonehunglow

Subs on 08:50 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

Fulton for Franco and Abdulai for Eom were the biggest substition mistakes, we completely lost our shape and impetus.

Agreed
Just why is Fulton still with us ?
Beats me anyway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024