Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matchday prices slashed 20:24 - Jul 5 with 1762 viewsQJumpingJack

Pleasing to see the club reducing the match day prices.

Is this down to

poor season ticket sales?

a realisation that a lot of fans will be happy with the new Sky deal where a lot more games are going to be on Sky Sports+

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/significant-reductions-match-ticket-pricing-202
Matchday prices slashed on 20:29 - Jul 5 with 1507 viewspembsjack

i think its realisation of the reality of the tv deal, its certainly going to affect the number of games me and my family attend. At least the club is trying to be proactive in encouraging more fans. Credit where credits due.
Matchday prices slashed on 21:03 - Jul 5 with 1453 viewsWhiterockin

I wonder if it was worth buying a season ticket or just a jack army membership picking and choosing my my games. A real blow for dedicated fans.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Matchday prices slashed on 21:10 - Jul 5 with 1424 viewspembsjack

Matchday prices slashed on 21:03 - Jul 5 by Whiterockin

I wonder if it was worth buying a season ticket or just a jack army membership picking and choosing my my games. A real blow for dedicated fans.

Looking at the way fixtures are being moved, I wish we hadn't renewed as it looks like we will have to miss some games. Attendances are going to be interesting this year, especially the first round of the cup.
Matchday prices slashed on 21:14 - Jul 5 with 1415 viewsWhiterockin

Matchday prices slashed on 21:10 - Jul 5 by pembsjack

Looking at the way fixtures are being moved, I wish we hadn't renewed as it looks like we will have to miss some games. Attendances are going to be interesting this year, especially the first round of the cup.

Agreed. A midweek game in winter and peing down with rain, would you bother to go or watch on tv.

Matchday prices slashed on 21:44 - Jul 5 with 1358 viewsSullutaCreturned

How many seasons have been sold?

The tv deal is certainly an issue that may have caused this cut.

I haven't renewed and the descent into being purely an armchair fan has been accelerated by this tv deal.
Matchday prices slashed on 21:53 - Jul 5 with 1335 viewsvetchonian

Matchday prices slashed on 21:14 - Jul 5 by Whiterockin

Agreed. A midweek game in winter and peing down with rain, would you bother to go or watch on tv.

Which is why Sky et al are killing the game.
I can remember when the only live football on TV was the FA cup final and maybe a European competition final if a British team was there.
To watch live football you went to your local ground come rain or shine

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Matchday prices slashed on 23:15 - Jul 5 with 1266 viewsRhonddaSwans

Matchday prices slashed on 21:53 - Jul 5 by vetchonian

Which is why Sky et al are killing the game.
I can remember when the only live football on TV was the FA cup final and maybe a European competition final if a British team was there.
To watch live football you went to your local ground come rain or shine

The tv deal isn't gonna affect attendances
Every game is available via vpn or other routes.
The only real game changer is the early rounds of the league cup being live.
Honestly nothing beats being there live.
TV games get boring after a while.

Poll: what is more Exciting

Matchday prices slashed on 07:23 - Jul 6 with 1186 viewsvetchonian

Matchday prices slashed on 23:15 - Jul 5 by RhonddaSwans

The tv deal isn't gonna affect attendances
Every game is available via vpn or other routes.
The only real game changer is the early rounds of the league cup being live.
Honestly nothing beats being there live.
TV games get boring after a while.

I get that but umy comment related to Sky in general games are only available on vpn as there are sky or whoevers cameras there in the firstplace .The availability of live games on TV has affected attendances across the country at teams below the pl.
I agree totally re tv games getting boring it's why Coopers football got so muchbstick in reality

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Matchday prices slashed on 08:34 - Jul 6 with 1126 viewsQJumpingJack

If season ticket sales have dropped considerably, I wonder if there will be certain sections of the ground shut off for certain games to keep costs down?

As well as the cost of living crisis it is the fact we are not on an upward trajectory. The 05-09 was such an exciting time (even in L1) and there was always a real hope that we could always move up. That doesn't seem to be the case now.
Matchday prices slashed on 08:53 - Jul 6 with 1102 viewsDr_Winston

Matchday prices slashed on 07:23 - Jul 6 by vetchonian

I get that but umy comment related to Sky in general games are only available on vpn as there are sky or whoevers cameras there in the firstplace .The availability of live games on TV has affected attendances across the country at teams below the pl.
I agree totally re tv games getting boring it's why Coopers football got so muchbstick in reality

Coopers football got stick for being dull because it was. In much the same way Martin's football was usually dull and Southgate's football is usually dull.

There seems to be a template that young British managers seem to want to follow, and it's tedious to watch. If LW is of the same ilk then next season probably isn't going to be much fun. Hopefully he isn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Matchday prices slashed on 09:05 - Jul 6 with 1080 viewsWhiterockin

Matchday prices slashed on 08:53 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Coopers football got stick for being dull because it was. In much the same way Martin's football was usually dull and Southgate's football is usually dull.

There seems to be a template that young British managers seem to want to follow, and it's tedious to watch. If LW is of the same ilk then next season probably isn't going to be much fun. Hopefully he isn't.

A lot of Coopers games were behind closed doors with no supporters. I always wonder if he would have survived if fans were actually in the stadium. We had a very young side at the time and they also benefited by not having supporters on their back.

Matchday prices slashed on 09:09 - Jul 6 with 1070 viewsDr_Winston

Matchday prices slashed on 09:05 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

A lot of Coopers games were behind closed doors with no supporters. I always wonder if he would have survived if fans were actually in the stadium. We had a very young side at the time and they also benefited by not having supporters on their back.

He would have had a much harder time if we were.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Matchday prices slashed on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 1012 viewsnantywatcher

Matchday prices slashed on 09:09 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

He would have had a much harder time if we were.

I will never forget a game we lost at home 1-0 and the side were booed off the pitch. I was beyond amazed because as I walked down the steps we were nicely placed in second position in the league. The memory of the negativity of the home crowd will stay with me forever. Sometimes in life we get what we deserve.
Matchday prices slashed on 09:57 - Jul 6 with 1004 viewsDr_Winston

Matchday prices slashed on 09:48 - Jul 6 by nantywatcher

I will never forget a game we lost at home 1-0 and the side were booed off the pitch. I was beyond amazed because as I walked down the steps we were nicely placed in second position in the league. The memory of the negativity of the home crowd will stay with me forever. Sometimes in life we get what we deserve.

If it was a game we lost 1-0 despite having the quality but not the tactical approach to win it then the crowd would have been entirely justified.

I can accept losing. What I won't accept is losing because we've lacked the guts to try and win. We've seen far too much of the latter in recent years. Too many teams sent out to wear the opposition down via possessional attrition rather than by creating chances and openings.

It's the primary reason why I will always maintain that Paul Clement bears the most responsibility for our relegation from the Premier League whilst seemingly everyone else blames Carvalhal. The points we threw away at home early that season by cowering in our own half against mediocre sides cost us massively.

Matchday prices slashed on 11:11 - Jul 6 with 955 viewsEagleEye

I expect this is mainly down to poor season ticket sales & the fall off in attendances over the last couple of seasons. It could well have been influenced by the number live tv matches available on line too.

A good move by the club to try and tempt back some of the season ticket holders back who have become increasingly reluctant to part with large sums of cash when best players are being sold every season. Hopefully get some new support in with more accessible prices.

Not sure how I’d feel if I was still a season ticket holder
Matchday prices slashed on 11:29 - Jul 6 with 913 viewsWhiterockin

Matchday prices slashed on 11:11 - Jul 6 by EagleEye

I expect this is mainly down to poor season ticket sales & the fall off in attendances over the last couple of seasons. It could well have been influenced by the number live tv matches available on line too.

A good move by the club to try and tempt back some of the season ticket holders back who have become increasingly reluctant to part with large sums of cash when best players are being sold every season. Hopefully get some new support in with more accessible prices.

Not sure how I’d feel if I was still a season ticket holder

"Not sure how I’d feel if I was still a season ticket holder"

Personally I'm regretting renewing. I've had a season ticket over 40 years and if the pricing structure was to continue it will probably be my last. I probably miss 3 or 4 games because of holidays but it has still been cost effective, plus we like sitting together at matches. Looking at the seating plan of season tickets available there are now loads of empty seats around us, so sitting together would not be a problem. Speaking to my mates, four of us will probably not renew next season, we have jack army membership so we will have cheaper tickets through that and pick and choose our games. I just wonder if pubs can legally stream these games through sky, if so another problem for clubs when they are all streamed midweek.

Matchday prices slashed on 16:50 - Jul 6 with 734 viewsReslovenSwan1

Negativity is infectious. The constant "Yanks out". " Sell outs" narrative does not help the club at all and is for stone cold losers.

Swansea city profited spending no money. It was close on miraculous. Now it is hard graft. What depresses me is Academy kids the better ones not signing up like Parker.

It is clearly to me the US owners have a new plan. Of course the dead beats will come straight back with " they have been here 8 years". Recruitment is the key. They have learned.

The way the dreadful Trust (2015-2022) behaved was really bad for the club with the "sell out agenda" killing all optimism and unity, dividing the club.

I recommend fans buying into to Coleman and co..There is no other credible option. Once that is understood there is only one way and that is upwards.
[Post edited 6 Jul 18:46]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Matchday prices slashed on 21:01 - Jul 6 with 595 viewsQJumpingJack

Matchday prices slashed on 16:50 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Negativity is infectious. The constant "Yanks out". " Sell outs" narrative does not help the club at all and is for stone cold losers.

Swansea city profited spending no money. It was close on miraculous. Now it is hard graft. What depresses me is Academy kids the better ones not signing up like Parker.

It is clearly to me the US owners have a new plan. Of course the dead beats will come straight back with " they have been here 8 years". Recruitment is the key. They have learned.

The way the dreadful Trust (2015-2022) behaved was really bad for the club with the "sell out agenda" killing all optimism and unity, dividing the club.

I recommend fans buying into to Coleman and co..There is no other credible option. Once that is understood there is only one way and that is upwards.
[Post edited 6 Jul 18:46]

have you ever thought of contacting Phil S with your opinions?
It may save you a lot of time with your very repetitive posts about the Trust - and with WOL and BBC being your only sources it does seem very unfair.
Matchday prices slashed on 21:35 - Jul 6 with 554 viewsmax936

Matchday prices slashed on 21:01 - Jul 6 by QJumpingJack

It may save you a lot of time with your very repetitive posts about the Trust - and with WOL and BBC being your only sources it does seem very unfair.

I'd leave Phil be at the moment, last thing he needs is a some troll pestering him.

Considering the multiple posts telling him the actual FACTS have made no difference to his mindset just shows him for what he is. which is a troll and an attention seeker, unfortunately his type walk among us.
[Post edited 6 Jul 22:13]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Matchday prices slashed on 22:20 - Jul 6 with 513 viewsReslovenSwan1

Matchday prices slashed on 21:01 - Jul 6 by QJumpingJack

I focus on the membership who allowed the chance to make millions for good causes slip by them with no coherent debate. Their main beneficiaries are well heeled lawyers from out of town, not local boys and girls in Swansea.

It was an organisation that did not work properly. I hope they have learned from their mistakes. Judging by responses it is unlikely.

Matchday prices slashed on 08:04 - Jul 7 with 437 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Matchday prices slashed on 22:20 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I focus on the membership who allowed the chance to make millions for good causes slip by them with no coherent debate. Their main beneficiaries are well heeled lawyers from out of town, not local boys and girls in Swansea.

It was an organisation that did not work properly. I hope they have learned from their mistakes. Judging by responses it is unlikely.

Your anti trust rants with no evidence show your closed mind to any other opinions.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Matchday prices slashed on 08:53 - Jul 7 with 425 viewsQJumpingJack

Matchday prices slashed on 22:20 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

and with our legal case vs Southampton which has dragged on for 12 months - are you telling me our owners were using local Swansea solicitors or were they using their own from Washington? You argument makes no sense at all I am afraid.
Matchday prices slashed on 11:21 - Jul 7 with 356 viewsWhiterockin

Matchday prices slashed on 08:53 - Jul 7 by QJumpingJack

and with our legal case vs Southampton which has dragged on for 12 months - are you telling me our owners were using local Swansea solicitors or were they using their own from Washington? You argument makes no sense at all I am afraid.

It's a fact that the Internet has a wonderful memory and the more shite you post the more it will come back and bite you. Unfounded claims are often proved for what they are over time, post facts and you are always right.

Matchday prices slashed on 11:23 - Jul 7 with 350 viewsReslovenSwan1

Matchday prices slashed on 08:53 - Jul 7 by QJumpingJack

The Trust were proposing to take more than £21m for the past and present owners take £11m for themselves before tax and give £10m of the owners money to the remote financial backers. The meek members ( not one) protested this insanity.

The Trust laughably said it would not affect the club despite the convertible loan note. The member bought that line as well although it was total nonsense.

The members own 10% of the club and are unreliable. Silverstein really did not understand them. Once he came over and worked out all "the Limeys" wanted was a 'ceremonial role' he sorted something out. The Vetch gate looks lovely.

UK what a quaint place.
[Post edited 7 Jul 11:33]

Matchday prices slashed on 12:36 - Jul 7 with 288 viewsQJumpingJack

Matchday prices slashed on 11:23 - Jul 7 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust were proposing to take more than £21m for the past and present owners take £11m for themselves before tax and give £10m of the owners money to the remote financial backers. The meek members ( not one) protested this insanity.

The Trust laughably said it would not affect the club despite the convertible loan note. The member bought that line as well although it was total nonsense.

The members own 10% of the club and are unreliable. Silverstein really did not understand them. Once he came over and worked out all "the Limeys" wanted was a 'ceremonial role' he sorted something out. The Vetch gate looks lovely.

UK what a quaint place.
[Post edited 7 Jul 11:33]

you fail to recognise the cost of our legal bill vs Southampton and Russell Martin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024