Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth match day thread 18:44 - Dec 29 with 5361 viewsButty101

That first 15mins of attacking football by saints is the best I’ve seen in years . How we didn’t score I don’t know.
The longer though this is 0-0 I’m worried Plymouth are going to catch us on the break

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Plymouth match day thread on 21:56 - Dec 29 with 1301 viewskingslandstand1

Plymouth match day thread on 19:59 - Dec 29 by cocklebreath

Weird game, 27 attempts and could have had a few more but Plymouth always looked dangerous, should have been 1 down but for a dodgy decision. Bazanu what a cockle, seriously just hammer it into the stands

And he also decided to try it a second time within a minute or 2 and just got away with it that time
Plymouth match day thread on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 1242 views1885_SFC

Ipswich drew 0-0 and Leeds lost 1-0, so a good night overall for Saints.

Old School is Cool

Plymouth match day thread on 22:46 - Dec 29 with 1142 viewsButty101

Good game, i really enjoyed some of our forward movement. Some great runs picked out with sharp passes.
we definitely get the rub of the green with the refs in this league.
We still look like we will get caught on the break every time an attack breaks down. Our corners still make me sh@t myself.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Plymouth match day thread on 23:03 - Dec 29 with 1112 viewsSouthamptonfan

Their goal shouldn't have been disallowed, but it was a very close call. We then score two and deserved the goals because we were all over them. But they were quite resilient and difficult to break down.until.we scored. Then Baz got too confident and it was a very nervous final few minutes. A bizarre game, but just relieved to have got the three points. Leeds lose, Ipswich slip up.at home. It's all falling into place. I fancy our chances of automatic promotion now. Happy days.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Plymouth match day thread on 00:33 - Dec 30 with 1011 viewsdarthvader

Plymouth match day thread on 21:44 - Dec 29 by Berber

Tough on Plymouth, there is no way the assistant could SEE the player was offside, so had to be guessing. If the goal was correctly given, we would not have broken out and scored. So for 80% possession, we scraped a lucky win against a side with virtually nothing to offer. Their goal just highlights that our players are not actually good enough to play possession football if pressed. Stupid mistakes over and over. I’ll happily take the wins, but this is nowhere near good enough for the PL. Sorry to rain on the Christmas party.

Despite this ..we are in the championship playing good championship football...we can worry about the Premier league if and when we get there

One goal conceded to a mistake is annoying but we are still improving , we have scored 12 and conceded 1. in our last four games ,have i got that right? The best unbeaten record in the current top leagues.

Couldnt care less if it was a marginal incorrect decision that went out way , we have had more than enough of these go against us over the years so fcuk them .

Baz is young and will hopefully learn from that .

In the itchen north tonight , nice and close to the green gits , and it was so so good when their ^goal got chalked off , and 35 seconds later we scored a beauty ... as the youngsters say ..".it was limbs mush "

keep the faith coyr

Plymouth match day thread on 09:36 - Dec 30 with 758 viewsPatfromPoole

Plymouth match day thread on 00:33 - Dec 30 by darthvader

Despite this ..we are in the championship playing good championship football...we can worry about the Premier league if and when we get there

One goal conceded to a mistake is annoying but we are still improving , we have scored 12 and conceded 1. in our last four games ,have i got that right? The best unbeaten record in the current top leagues.

Couldnt care less if it was a marginal incorrect decision that went out way , we have had more than enough of these go against us over the years so fcuk them .

In the itchen north tonight , nice and close to the green gits , and it was so so good when their ^goal got chalked off , and 35 seconds later we scored a beauty ... as the youngsters say ..".it was limbs mush "

Agree with all of that.

Having also been in the Itchen North, I thought Plymouth’s fans were outstanding.

They were what I would love our away support to be like. Very noisy and boisterous, you feel there is a real connection between them and their team.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Plymouth match day thread on 09:48 - Dec 30 with 729 views1teeminants

Plymouth match day thread on 21:44 - Dec 29 by Berber

Tough on Plymouth, there is no way the assistant could SEE the player was offside, so had to be guessing. If the goal was correctly given, we would not have broken out and scored. So for 80% possession, we scraped a lucky win against a side with virtually nothing to offer. Their goal just highlights that our players are not actually good enough to play possession football if pressed. Stupid mistakes over and over. I’ll happily take the wins, but this is nowhere near good enough for the PL. Sorry to rain on the Christmas party.

Our squad now will look nothing like our squad if we go up. Everyone knows there’s a massive chasm between the two leagues and we would need major investment just to compete which I’m not sure we will get therefore I’m not too fussed about promotion but let’s enjoy the moment . Let’s give RM credit ffs he’s proved many doubters wrong . Some of us were right saying he needed time I can remember being slated for saying this. At the end of the day it’s a results business and at the moment we’re pretty damn good at it .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Plymouth match day thread on 13:26 - Dec 30 with 592 viewsgrumpy

Plymouth match day thread on 09:48 - Dec 30 by 1teeminants

Our squad now will look nothing like our squad if we go up. Everyone knows there’s a massive chasm between the two leagues and we would need major investment just to compete which I’m not sure we will get therefore I’m not too fussed about promotion but let’s enjoy the moment . Let’s give RM credit ffs he’s proved many doubters wrong . Some of us were right saying he needed time I can remember being slated for saying this. At the end of the day it’s a results business and at the moment we’re pretty damn good at it .

I went last night and was impressed by our quality in possession,apart from Bazunu's howler.
Russell Martin has them very well organized and I give him credit for that.
Hes inherited a very good squad of young players who are improving game by game.
In my opinion hes just short of a couple of players,an imposing Centre Forward and a Goalkeeper as back up for Bazunu.
To come away from St. Marys with a victory is very uplifting,to be honest if we don't get promoted it wont break my heart. Winning games in this division and some good Cup runs would be good.The only trouble with this thinking is we will lose our best players when the Premiership Vultures start circling.
Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth match day thread on 13:49 - Dec 30 with 567 viewsBridders2

Plymouth match day thread on 13:26 - Dec 30 by grumpy

I went last night and was impressed by our quality in possession,apart from Bazunu's howler.
Russell Martin has them very well organized and I give him credit for that.
Hes inherited a very good squad of young players who are improving game by game.
In my opinion hes just short of a couple of players,an imposing Centre Forward and a Goalkeeper as back up for Bazunu.
To come away from St. Marys with a victory is very uplifting,to be honest if we don't get promoted it wont break my heart. Winning games in this division and some good Cup runs would be good.The only trouble with this thinking is we will lose our best players when the Premiership Vultures start circling.

I don't understand why so many are negative about getting back into the PL, every dog will have his day, and we had a brilliant time under Poch and Koeman, which will happen again as long as the club makes the right decisions or more right ones than wrong. Leicester and Brighton have had their day in the sun, so we can again. If we had a decent striker and goalkeeper last season we wouldn't have dropped....it was clear to see. So let's get the PL millions and make some sensible decisions .
Plymouth match day thread on 13:54 - Dec 30 with 555 viewsBerber

Plymouth match day thread on 00:33 - Dec 30 by darthvader

All fair points, it just doesn’t do it for me though. This happened to me when I started drinking wine too, then discovered the good stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024