Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Sack John Eustace 10:46 - Oct 9 with 17395 viewsrbee

Another of our relegation rivals pull the trigger.

Wayne Rooney in the running to replace John.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:42 - Oct 9 with 3480 viewsQPRConor2000

Id be doing everything to get Eustace, I think he would be prepared to come back.

Importantly, the core of the squad from his time at the club is still intact, so potentially it could work for everyone involved.

I would be doing everything to get him, it just makes sense.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:42 - Oct 9 with 3483 viewskensalriser

Well, we've all seen this before: idiot owners who don't know much about football going for a glamour name. Sorry, big name. Glamorous probably isn't the right adjective for Rooney.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:45 - Oct 9 with 3443 viewseastside_r

Hey Tom Brady here - you may mock but isn’t Wayne Rooney like your king of Soccer?
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:53 - Oct 9 with 3362 viewsParkRoyalR

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:17 - Oct 9 by ozexile

No way he'll touch this club. He called out the terrible work ethic and standards years ago.

Terrible work ethic so sounds like he is a grafter and we know Warburton is, so

Eustace & warburton can bring a much needed ethic of hard-work and raising of standards throughout our club which has been needed for a long long time.

If I were the owners and had invested in a new Academy, I would want these two in to give me a return on my investment for starters.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:58 - Oct 9 with 3311 viewsGloucs_R

Not sure what the big fascination is with him coming to us.

He's had a lot of money to spend this season and has got them into a playoff position but wasn't hugely successful last season with modest funds.

I'm not saying I wouldn't look at him but really don't understand the massive hard-on for him within Twitter at the moment. Am I missing something?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:02 - Oct 9 with 3260 viewskingsburyR

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:58 - Oct 9 by Gloucs_R

He's had a lot of money to spend this season and has got them into a playoff position but wasn't hugely successful last season with modest funds.

I'm not saying I wouldn't look at him but really don't understand the massive hard-on for him within Twitter at the moment. Am I missing something?

I'd take John Cleese over our current management team so John Eustace has got to be a sure fire winner!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:02 - Oct 9 with 3254 viewsQPRConor2000

He knows the squad, which is vital.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:03 - Oct 9 with 3248 viewskensalriser

Yes - he's not Ainsworth.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:03 - Oct 9 with 3239 viewsRangersw12

Because his stock is high and anyone looks decent compared to the halfwit we have in charge at the moment
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:03 - Oct 9 with 3230 viewshubble

I think we've reached the ABA moment. Anyone but Ainsworth.

If I had a little money.....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:17 - Oct 9 with 3112 viewsGloucs_R

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:03 - Oct 9 by hubble

I think we've reached the ABA moment. Anyone but Ainsworth.

If I had a little money.....

That seems to be it... Which I do understand.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:18 - Oct 9 with 3107 viewstraininvain

This is such an obvious low hanging fruit opportunity that it’s pretty much nailed on our owners won’t do it.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:46 - Oct 9 with 2919 viewsCamberleyR

Some talk on Twátter that Eustace may end up at Sevco Rangers.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:33 - Oct 9 with 2687 viewsngbqpr

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 10:52 - Oct 9 by rbee

Interesting statement from the Birmingham Board.

"It is essential that the Board of Directors and the football management are fully aligned on the importance of implementing a winning mentality and a culture of ambition across the entire Football Club.

"With this in mind, Birmingham City has today parted company with Head Coach, John Eustace.''

Ouch!!!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:46 - Oct 9 with 2575 viewsLongRanger

If they did decide to contact him, one question should do it....did you want and decide to sign Roberts and Laird? If the answer is yes, thanks but no thanks.

I can understand the scramble from fans here, but if he struggled the fans would rightly then question how well thought through it was.

Still not convinced they'll sack GA.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:53 - Oct 9 with 2510 viewsnumptydumpty

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 10:52 - Oct 9 by rbee

Interesting statement from the Birmingham Board.

"It is essential that the Board of Directors and the football management are fully aligned on the importance of implementing a winning mentality and a culture of ambition across the entire Football Club.

"With this in mind, Birmingham City has today parted company with Head Coach, John Eustace.''

Eustace is head coach of the first team and they are currently in sixth. So doing ok so far. Not top but decent start so surely that is developing a winning mentality for the first team, which is Eustaces responsibility.

Eustace would love to put one over on Brum after that and would be angry quite rightly and think even if it's not to us and he goes to another Championsip team, think the motivation is there for all to see.

If their development squads and youth teams are not performing that's elsewhere within the club to sort.

Nasty statement which is uncalled for.

The bloke had done well for them. And pretty much a p*ss off statement.

The real reason is they going for a name and in Rooney he has yet to do it in management successfully like a few other ex pros.

Our board are supremely efficient and correct if this anything to go by.

If I was a Birmingham fan, I am not sure that I would like this at all.

NASTY !!!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 13:57]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:59 - Oct 9 with 2472 viewsCamberleyR

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:53 - Oct 9 by numptydumpty

Eustace is head coach of the first team and they are currently in sixth. So doing ok so far. Not top but decent start so surely that is developing a winning mentality for the first team, which is Eustaces responsibility.

Eustace would love to put one over on Brum after that and would be angry quite rightly and think even if it's not to us and he goes to another Championsip team, think the motivation is there for all to see.

If their development squads and youth teams are not performing that's elsewhere within the club to sort.

Nasty statement which is uncalled for.

The bloke had done well for them. And pretty much a p*ss off statement.

The real reason is they going for a name and in Rooney he has yet to do it in management successfully like a few other ex pros.

Our board are supremely efficient and correct if this anything to go by.

If I was a Birmingham fan, I am not sure that I would like this at all.

NASTY !!!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 13:57]

If I was a Brum fan I'd just be thinking it's Gary Rowett again with Rooney (if him) being Gianfranco Zola.

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:03 - Oct 9 with 2427 viewsQPRConor2000

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:46 - Oct 9 by CamberleyR

Some talk on Twátter that Eustace may end up at Sevco Rangers.

I think they are down to the final four candidates now, so its pretty unlikely.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:14 - Oct 9 with 2322 viewsCamberleyR

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:03 - Oct 9 by QPRConor2000

I think they are down to the final four candidates now, so its pretty unlikely.

TBH I'd be amazed if Potter isn't their new manager.

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:15 - Oct 9 with 2294 viewsstainrods_elbow

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 10:51 - Oct 9 by GaryBannister86

He may well say no, but if the Board is not on the phone to Eustace right now with cap in hand, then they really are the most clueless bunch of incompetents on earth.

Yeah, the guy's clearly a lifesaver - and with all the charisma of a melting snowman! What exactly did he 'achieve' at QPR again? I think some people's brains here are turning to scrambled eggs.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:15 - Oct 9 with 2306 viewsHellBlazer

I mean calling them 'Relegation Rivals' seems a little harsh. They have more than double our points tally.

Birmingham are the club recently taken over by that US firm owned (partly..?) by an ex US sports personality, right..? This whole sacking of Eustace and hiring of Rooney is nothing more that a publicity stunt. One that will probably backfire!
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:16 - Oct 9 with 2268 viewsstainrods_elbow

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:02 - Oct 9 by QPRConor2000

He knows the squad, which is vital.

What - that they're a bunch of phone-it-in shysters? How does that help anything again?

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:22 - Oct 9 with 2205 viewsGaryBannister86

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:15 - Oct 9 by stainrods_elbow

Yeah, the guy's clearly a lifesaver - and with all the charisma of a melting snowman! What exactly did he 'achieve' at QPR again? I think some people's brains here are turning to scrambled eggs.

Well, thanks for the analogy but I think my brains were poached and beaten rather than scrambled a long time ago.

Reasons for Eustace:
> contributed with Warbs for a solid period of our recent history where we actually played football
> that said, I am never convinced with praising a No. 2 when we really have no idea of their contribution, but his work at Brum so far surely a positive? When a fan base like theirs is unhappy their manager is being removed, then you must agree he's done pretty damn well?
> slight worry that he thought Roberts was worthy of signing, but hey
> he's not Ainsworth, Holloway, Pulis, Curbishley

As for charisma? Not sure how important that is. Warbs didn't have much whereas GA has it in spades, and I know who has done the better job.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:26 - Oct 9 with 2168 viewsNed_Kennedys

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:16 - Oct 9 by stainrods_elbow

What - that they're a bunch of phone-it-in shysters? How does that help anything again?

Agreed: if QPR decide to change then 100% you need someone in to look at the whole squad with a fresh pair of eyes and a new approach.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:31 - Oct 9 with 2117 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:14 - Oct 9 by CamberleyR

TBH I'd be amazed if Potter isn't their new manager.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-potter-ruled-o

Ruled himself out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024