Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What to expect from Russell Martin 10:54 - May 20 with 7919 viewsresearchersaint

It sounds as though Russell Martin is the man that the board want and that an appointment could be imminent. I wrote here about his playing style, philosophy and what to expect if he does become manager. Hopefully it's helpful!

https://analyticsunited.co.uk/2023/05/20/what-to-expect-from-russell-martin/
What to expect from Russell Martin on 08:20 - May 22 with 2084 viewsChesham_Saint

What to expect from Russell Martin on 06:32 - May 22 by DorsetIan

By doing the same thing and it hopefully working out this time, Ankersen wants to prove he was right about Jones.

Imagine how badly his vanity has been dented. He needs to try to remedy that.

The W⚓️’s vanity will be even more dented when he see the season ticket sales if he appoints this tvvat.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

What to expect from Russell Martin on 13:31 - May 22 with 1988 viewsdirk_doone

I just had a look at the Swansea fansnetwork forum to see what they think about Martin

The first comment struck me as somewhat familiar:

"When he goes,we will see a putrid goalkeeper replaced, the end of suicide defence passing and players being respected and nurtured playing in their best positions.
It might see us enjoying watching us again."

"It hasn't taken two years to get ready to launch an assault on promotion. We've basically wasted those two years trying and failing to get Martin's process to work. It's only when we abandon most of it that we get results.

By any reasonable measure he's been a failure here."
[Post edited 22 May 2023 13:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:21 - May 22 with 1927 views1885_SFC

Welcome to Southampton FC Nathan Martin...

Old School is Cool

What to expect from Russell Martin on 12:57 - May 23 with 1799 viewsMonksway

56 passes. 53 virtually irrelevant. No pressing from other side and one incisive pass and a good finish which could have happened 50 passes earlier.....
What to expect from Russell Martin on 14:37 - May 23 with 1756 viewsChesham_Saint

What to expect from Russell Martin on 12:57 - May 23 by Monksway

56 passes. 53 virtually irrelevant. No pressing from other side and one incisive pass and a good finish which could have happened 50 passes earlier.....

Whatever happened to Total Football?

What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:23 - May 23 with 1722 viewsgrumpy

Cant help thinking 'Whats the rush'
Why have we charged into getting someone who's a risk to say the least.
What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:28 - May 23 with 1720 viewsChesham_Saint

What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:23 - May 23 by grumpy

Cant help thinking 'Whats the rush'
Why have we charged into getting someone who's a risk to say the least.

I can’t see why we can’t get Potter. He is a known quantity after all.

What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:29 - May 23 with 1720 viewssaints__fan__73

What to expect from Russell Martin on 23:44 - May 21 by dirk_doone

Based on his career so far, we can expect mid-table mediocrity, a lot of sloppy goals conceded to misplaced passses at the back and heavy defeats to the top teams in the division.

Why on earth are we choosing such a mediocre manager? We asked the same question when Nathan Jones was appointed. If you aspire to excellence, you don't embrace mediocrity.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 23:48]

I think what we should expect from him Dirk is 4 months work for 3 years pay.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:37 - May 23 with 1714 viewsgrumpy

What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:29 - May 23 by saints__fan__73

I think what we should expect from him Dirk is 4 months work for 3 years pay.

You cant help thinking that we go for the sort of manager who wont rock the boat too much.
What to expect from Russell Martin on 17:42 - May 23 with 1665 viewsdirk_doone

What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:37 - May 23 by grumpy

You cant help thinking that we go for the sort of manager who wont rock the boat too much.

We seem to go for the sort that's more likely to sink it

What to expect from Russell Martin on 19:00 - May 23 with 1628 viewsRon11

What to expect from Russell Martin on 20:29 - May 20 by Southamptonfan

Reason for optimism?

Reason for optimism if you can teach the likes of Diallo, Bednarek and a couple of others how to actually pass the ball.
What to expect from Russell Martin on 19:53 - May 23 with 1590 viewscocklebreath

Not sure why everyone’s so negative, at least we might play some decent football so it’s nothing like the weird Jones appointment, we all knew he was a long ball merchant. I’m optimistic, some posters on here are like dogs with a bone, Dirk for example

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

What to expect from Russell Martin on 10:10 - May 24 with 1461 viewsRon11

What to expect from Russell Martin on 19:53 - May 23 by cocklebreath

Not sure why everyone’s so negative, at least we might play some decent football so it’s nothing like the weird Jones appointment, we all knew he was a long ball merchant. I’m optimistic, some posters on here are like dogs with a bone, Dirk for example

Well I think the negativity now stems from the constant slaps in the face by the procession of underwhelming managerial appointments, players brought in who don't really want to be here and
the resultant utter dross served up on the pitch.
What to expect from Russell Martin on 10:44 - May 24 with 1441 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

What to expect from Russell Martin on 15:28 - May 23 by Chesham_Saint

I can’t see why we can’t get Potter. He is a known quantity after all.

Maybe he doesnt want to manage in the championship ?
What to expect from Russell Martin on 12:14 - May 24 with 1406 viewsdirk_doone

What to expect from Russell Martin on 19:53 - May 23 by cocklebreath

We can't all be the same as you all of the time, even though they do say ignorance is bliss.

When we're linked with a good manager, we're on the same page as you:

Replacement for Ralph already planned… by SFC_Referee 6 Nov 2022 17:55
Well from a fairly reliable source of mine, who told me about the original saints takeover back at the start of the year, I’ve now heard about what’s going to supposedly be happening with who’s in charge (although it was originally meant to not happen until the World Cup started).

As it’s been said that we’re getting the Argentinian River Plate manager “Marcelo Daniel Gallardo” when the World Cup started, with Ralph supposedly stepping down as manager.
As Gallardo’s contract is said to run out on the 8th of December (as their seasons are different over their as their breaks are in Christmas time), yet due to the World Cup being on we may have been able to get him in earlier.

But now that it’s been said that Ralph’s not going to be in charge anymore/after the World Cup, what that means for the Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday game, I’m not too sure. Whether that’s us getting him in even earlier and just paying a compensation for it, or having someone as an interim manager for the next week.

Still will be interesting to see what happens next, and whether Ralph being sacked early will affect the original plans…

But when it's a mediocre one, we're not:

Jones Early Days by Heisenberg 13 Nov 2022 17:36
Interesting that Jones talked about us being wide open and it being suicidal against teams like Liverpool. This is a remnant from Ralph’s days and why we got the 9 nils. We need to make it hard to play against sometimes. Under Ralph it was all in which left us wide open.

My only gripe is the all the God willing tripe. If he wants to believe in a non existent deity that’s his business but we don’t need him mentioning it in interviews.

PS You'll need to click on the topic headings as the way the links to threads work on here has changed ;)
[Post edited 24 May 2023 12:48]

What to expect from Russell Martin on 03:38 - Sep 16 with 965 viewsdirk_doone

What to expect from Russell Martin on 23:44 - May 21 by dirk_doone

Based on his career so far, we can expect mid-table mediocrity, a lot of sloppy goals conceded to misplaced passses at the back and heavy defeats to the top teams in the division.

Why on earth are we choosing such a mediocre manager? We asked the same question when Nathan Jones was appointed. If you aspire to excellence, you don't embrace mediocrity.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 23:48]

When managerial appointments are as obviously stupid as SR's have been, you have to ask how much longer they can keep this farce going.

What to expect from Russell Martin on 17:11 - Sep 23 with 742 viewsdirk_doone

What to expect from Russell Martin on 03:38 - Sep 16 by dirk_doone

When managerial appointments are as obviously stupid as SR's have been, you have to ask how much longer they can keep this farce going.

And it is turning into an absolute farce now but It's difficult to see a way out of it for Sports Repbulic . They'll get nowhere near what they paid for the club even if they do manage to find anyone interested in buying it.

A possible solution might be a breakup at the top, with Dragan Šolak releasing Rasmus Ankersen, who is behind the terrible decisions that have been made. They are long-term friends though, which complicates the issue.

What to expect from Russell Martin (n/t) on 19:05 - Sep 23 with 578 viewsNewdawn2014

What to expect from Russell Martin on 17:11 - Sep 23 by dirk_doone

And it is turning into an absolute farce now but It's difficult to see a way out of it for Sports Repbulic . They'll get nowhere near what they paid for the club even if they do manage to find anyone interested in buying it.

A possible solution might be a breakup at the top, with Dragan Šolak releasing Rasmus Ankersen, who is behind the terrible decisions that have been made. They are long-term friends though, which complicates the issue.

What to expect from Russell Martin on 13:35 - Sep 25 with 400 viewsBerber

What to expect from Russell Martin on 17:11 - Sep 23 by dirk_doone

At the end of the season, some folk on here will be applauding the players and the club for not getting relegated again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024