Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester City helicopter crash 09:07 - Oct 28 with 11058 viewsMrSwerve

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1037344/Leicester-helicopter-crash-chai

Not quite sure why the other thread was deleted as it seemed to have been sufficiently moderated.

Anyway...hopefully we can continue this discussion without further silly posts. No further news in terms of the fate of the passengers...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:26 - Oct 28 with 6116 viewszedlep

In a sport where foreign investors all too often purchase clubs to make money, raise personal profiles or, I have heard suggested, to launder Ill gotten gains (though I don’t believe this for a moment), this is sad news indeed. He paid off the clubs debts and invested properly! We can only wish someone like him would buy our unfashionable team. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy though I admit to not knowing how he made his money it shouldn’t matter at times like this. RIP
[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 18:44]

Zedzdead

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:32 - Oct 28 with 6086 viewsjackrabbit

The one reflection I have on it, is the apparent love and respect the Leicester City owners seem to have from the local populace and fan base - 'They've transformed the city' was one comment. If Messrs Levein and Kaplan were at the game yesterday they will have been aware of the incident last night, and might well reflect on how the ownership of Swansea City is viewed by its local populace and fan base. And then ask themselves, 'What did they do that we haven't done, in order to generate that esteem and affection?' Leicester City are a rare example of a foreign ownership that has had a positive effect on the football club and the local community.
Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:32 - Oct 28 with 6076 viewsomarjack

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:26 - Oct 28 by zedlep

In a sport where foreign investors all too often purchase clubs to make money, raise personal profiles or, I have heard suggested, to launder Ill gotten gains (though I don’t believe this for a moment), this is sad news indeed. He paid off the clubs debts and invested properly! We can only wish someone like him would buy our unfashionable team. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy though I admit to not knowing how he made his money it shouldn’t matter at times like this. RIP
[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 18:44]

We still didn't get confirmation for his passing or anyone else for that matter.

But under his ownership. Leicester have done the impossible, One of the greatest underdog stories of all time. It kind of gave all the fans of "small teams" like ourselves hope that you can dream big at times, Seemingly impossible things can actually happen.

Still hoping for the best.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:34 - Oct 28 with 6060 viewsbluey_the_blue

It was lucky the crowd had dispersed by that time, could have even an even worse disaster.

I assumed air traffic was prohibited around sporting stadiums tbh for security reasons?
Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:36 - Oct 28 with 6055 viewsBadlands

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:32 - Oct 28 by omarjack

We still didn't get confirmation for his passing or anyone else for that matter.

But under his ownership. Leicester have done the impossible, One of the greatest underdog stories of all time. It kind of gave all the fans of "small teams" like ourselves hope that you can dream big at times, Seemingly impossible things can actually happen.

Still hoping for the best.

Identities won't be revealed until they have been verified.
Given the severity of the incident it is understandable this could take a while.

I have to say I am sickened that some fans are using this tragedy to comment on our shareholders.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:41 - Oct 28 with 6011 viewsomarjack

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:34 - Oct 28 by bluey_the_blue

It was lucky the crowd had dispersed by that time, could have even an even worse disaster.

I assumed air traffic was prohibited around sporting stadiums tbh for security reasons?

[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 9:41]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:50 - Oct 28 with 5961 viewsraynor94

Sky reporting the owner and his daughter are 2 of the five who perished

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:53 - Oct 28 with 5943 viewswaynekerr55

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:36 - Oct 28 by Badlands

Identities won't be revealed until they have been verified.
Given the severity of the incident it is understandable this could take a while.

I have to say I am sickened that some fans are using this tragedy to comment on our shareholders.

I agree it's not appropriate. It certainly shows everyone the strength of feeling towards them though.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:30 - Oct 28 with 5832 viewsdickythorpe

A horrible tragedy. RIP
The chairman had a lot of interest in horse racing and had been buying up a lot of stock.
A lot of connections are in total shock.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 10:34]
Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:35 - Oct 28 with 5793 viewsMrSwerve

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:30 - Oct 28 by dickythorpe

A horrible tragedy. RIP
The chairman had a lot of interest in horse racing and had been buying up a lot of stock.
A lot of connections are in total shock.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 10:34]

No one has been confirmed dead yet?

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:41 - Oct 28 with 5772 viewsdickythorpe

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:35 - Oct 28 by MrSwerve

No one has been confirmed dead yet?

Do you honestly believe there are survivors then?
Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:43 - Oct 28 with 5748 viewsMrSwerve

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:41 - Oct 28 by dickythorpe

No I don’t believe there would have been survivors it’s just a bit odd saying RIP before anything is confirmed in my humble opinion.

It’s just been confirmed the owner, his daughter and two others were on the helicopter.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:45 - Oct 28 with 5739 viewsBigPhilG

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:41 - Oct 28 by dickythorpe

The news is saying that the owner was one of five people aboard. Can't see any of them surviving that, absolutely dreadful day in general
Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:55 - Oct 28 with 5686 viewsdickythorpe

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:43 - Oct 28 by MrSwerve

No I don’t believe there would have been survivors it’s just a bit odd saying RIP before anything is confirmed in my humble opinion.

It’s just been confirmed the owner, his daughter and two others were on the helicopter.

What about all those well wishers that have left flowers overnight at the ground?
Is that odd?
Don't use this thread to take out an obvious problem you have with me.
Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:59 - Oct 28 with 5665 viewsMrSwerve

Leicester City helicopter crash on 10:55 - Oct 28 by dickythorpe

What about all those well wishers that have left flowers overnight at the ground?
Is that odd?
Don't use this thread to take out an obvious problem you have with me.

An obvious problem I have with you? Wtf?

Think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick there, unless you’ve confused me with someone else.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 11:07 - Oct 28 with 5627 viewsJosey_Wales37

RIP to victims and thoughts with the families and all affected. Terrible tragedy.
Leicester City helicopter crash on 11:09 - Oct 28 with 5615 viewsItchySphincter

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:34 - Oct 28 by bluey_the_blue

Posted this last night and I hope it wasn't considered offensive. I was at Leicester in a professional capacity when they lifted the PL and watched his heli land and take off from the pitch and I have to admit the alarm bells were ringing to me back then. I've spent a little bit of time around helicopters and know of at least three crashes involving people I know and one fatality. Very surprised he was allowed to do this regularly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 11:48 - Oct 28 with 5517 viewsMrSwerve

Leicester City helicopter crash on 11:09 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

Posted this last night and I hope it wasn't considered offensive. I was at Leicester in a professional capacity when they lifted the PL and watched his heli land and take off from the pitch and I have to admit the alarm bells were ringing to me back then. I've spent a little bit of time around helicopters and know of at least three crashes involving people I know and one fatality. Very surprised he was allowed to do this regularly.

Yeah, as I said in the other thread, helicopter landings should be restricted to proper helicopter landing sites (the ones with a big 'H' on). You wouldn't be allowed to land your private jet on the M4 and walk off so I'm not sure why this doesn't apply to helicopters. This should be restricted to the air ambulance and emergency services, in my opinion. I'm not sure what the aviation law is when it comes to helicopters.

Never liked them personally. Always seem dangerous to me...at least in a plane you can glide to safety if you have a problem...it always gives you half a chance. With a helicopter, if an engine fails or a tail rotor fails, you've got no chance.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 14:20 - Oct 28 with 5299 viewswestside

Former Chelsea owner Matthew Harding was killed in a similiar helicopter tradegy after a match
Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:04 - Oct 28 with 5001 viewstrampie

Leicester City helicopter crash on 14:20 - Oct 28 by westside

Former Chelsea owner Matthew Harding was killed in a similiar helicopter tradegy after a match

From what I remember he was on the board and invested a lot of money but Ken Bates was the one that seemed to call the shots.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:10 - Oct 28 with 4966 viewstrampie

Wasn't Michael Owen banned or something from travelling to training and games by helicopter when he was with Newcastle ?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 18:13]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:17 - Oct 28 with 4933 viewssomersetsimon

Leicester City helicopter crash on 11:48 - Oct 28 by MrSwerve

Yeah, as I said in the other thread, helicopter landings should be restricted to proper helicopter landing sites (the ones with a big 'H' on). You wouldn't be allowed to land your private jet on the M4 and walk off so I'm not sure why this doesn't apply to helicopters. This should be restricted to the air ambulance and emergency services, in my opinion. I'm not sure what the aviation law is when it comes to helicopters.

Never liked them personally. Always seem dangerous to me...at least in a plane you can glide to safety if you have a problem...it always gives you half a chance. With a helicopter, if an engine fails or a tail rotor fails, you've got no chance.

I work in aerospace and I've been involved in a few crash investigations. I've never liked helicopters. Almost any fault, especially close to the ground, is likely to result in a serious crash.
Leicester City helicopter crash on 19:55 - Oct 28 with 4793 viewstheloneranger

Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:04 - Oct 28 by trampie

From what I remember he was on the board and invested a lot of money but Ken Bates was the one that seemed to call the shots.

Harding was Chelsea Vice Chairman, and his helicopter crashed 22 years ago in October 1996
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 20:00]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Leicester City helicopter crash on 19:57 - Oct 28 with 4784 viewsAnotherJohn

Many rumours about the identity of those who were on the helicopter. No doubt names will be published soon. The rumour that caught my attention, which comes from West Ham fans, is that there was a police surveillance drone in the area. Who knows....
Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:11 - Oct 28 with 4651 viewsCatullus

Haven't they confirmed that his daughter wasn't on the copter?

Maybe after this they will change the rules around helicopters but as the stadium was empty, landing on the pitch was probably safer than many helipads. Take Morriston hospital ( and the Heath for that matter ) if there is a problem at those helipads there could be utter chaos.

In Leicesters case the opinion seemed to be (I looked on ntheir forum) that the helicopter had a problem and the pilot managed to steer it away from nearby houses before crashing. There could easily have been a massive loss of life as there were still many people close to the ground. Helicopters aren't very safe, compared to airplanes anyway.

Whichever way you look at it, its a tragedy. The foxes fans seem to have genuine affection for their owner and his family.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024