Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sour Grapes 20:15 - Jun 24 with 6389 viewsBigPhilG

Brexit prevailed in the referendum as we all know by know. Whatever side of the argument you fall on it was a democratic vote and the U.K. has made its decision.

What I've found disconcerting is the way it's been taken on various forms of social media by certain people who wanted to remain in the EU. Some of the posts here and elsewhere have been nothing short of shocking, patronising, condescending and downright vile spring to mind. To accuse people of being racist because they voted to leave is out of order. Some In voters seem to think that out voters are unintelligent and not worthy of having a vote.

Times are changing and we should be moving forward together. I voted out, friends of mine voted in but I'm not going to lose them over this and I certainly am not going to throw insults at them. Time everyone calmed down and accepted the decision like adults
Sour Grapes on 21:16 - Jun 24 with 1864 viewssherpajacob

Sour Grapes on 21:09 - Jun 24 by Flashberryjack

Depends on why you're calling her names, some people might see it as being racist.

I've no idea what colour, race or religion Adam from Manchester is, but I know he's a stupid unintelligent feck wit.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sour Grapes on 21:17 - Jun 24 with 1856 viewslondonlisa2001

Sour Grapes on 21:11 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

It's become very clear that the middle classes had no inkling (or were completely and wilfully ignorant) of what the working classes' concerns and worries were.

Why are they so shocked thi morning if they believed otherwise? The politicians (especially the centrists and Liberals) had no clue whatsoever. If any politicians are THAT out of touch with the electorate they should perhaps consider changing careers.

I don't think that's true, certainly not in very many cases. They just didn't think cutting off your nose to spite your face was the best form of protest vote.

On the subject of politicians being out of touch I agree. But don't for one second think people like Farage gives a crap about the working class either. And if you think Cameron doesn't care, wait for Boris.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 21:24]
Sour Grapes (n/t) on 21:19 - Jun 24 with 1850 viewsFlashberryjack

Sour Grapes on 20:35 - Jun 24 by sherpajacob

Are we allowed to call these people stupid unintelligent feck wits ?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 20:37]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sour Grapes (n/t) on 21:24 - Jun 24 with 1828 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sour Grapes (n/t) on 21:19 - Jun 24 by Flashberryjack

speak up flash, I'm dying to hear your verdict on this one lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sour Grapes on 21:35 - Jun 24 with 1785 viewsWingstandwood

Sour Grapes on 21:12 - Jun 24 by jojaca

Watching Anna Soubry throwing a temper tantrum earlier this afternoon with Andrew Neil was worth voting out just for that alone. How dare the little people vote against the establishment.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 21:14]

Yeah how dare 'white-van-man' sabotage that conveyor belt that transported political party appointees, yes-men and jobs-for-the-boys etc into an utterly undeserved well paid lifestyle where corruption, lack of accountability, undemocratic practice(s), incompetence and downright lack of common sense always ruled!

How dare 'white-van-man' stop other EU linked and financed jobs of patronage e.g. those quango and third sector jobs etc that were dished out to 'rewarded' political party individuals.

How dare 'white-van-man' deny individuals of zero-end-product, private sector experience, ability and achievement a seat on the gravy train! Phew the Kinnocks were around at the right time!

Argus!

Sour Grapes on 21:36 - Jun 24 with 1778 viewslondonlisa2001

Sour Grapes on 21:35 - Jun 24 by Wingstandwood

Yeah how dare 'white-van-man' sabotage that conveyor belt that transported political party appointees, yes-men and jobs-for-the-boys etc into an utterly undeserved well paid lifestyle where corruption, lack of accountability, undemocratic practice(s), incompetence and downright lack of common sense always ruled!

How dare 'white-van-man' stop other EU linked and financed jobs of patronage e.g. those quango and third sector jobs etc that were dished out to 'rewarded' political party individuals.

How dare 'white-van-man' deny individuals of zero-end-product, private sector experience, ability and achievement a seat on the gravy train! Phew the Kinnocks were around at the right time!

Didn't believe Plaid then?
Sour Grapes on 21:57 - Jun 24 with 1747 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sour Grapes on 21:12 - Jun 24 by jojaca

Watching Anna Soubry throwing a temper tantrum earlier this afternoon with Andrew Neil was worth voting out just for that alone. How dare the little people vote against the establishment.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 21:14]

Is it up online anywhere??? Go on post linky !!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sour Grapes on 22:05 - Jun 24 with 1725 viewsBigPhilG

Thanks everyone for not letting the thread descend into chaos and recognising my intentions. Big thumbs up to you all
Login to get fewer ads

Sour Grapes on 22:31 - Jun 24 with 1697 viewsjack_lord

Sour Grapes on 20:49 - Jun 24 by Phil_S

I wonder had the vote been marginally (and we should never forget it was a marginal vote especially with 28% of the voting public electing not to vote) the other way because the same people protesting today about the name calling were calling those who were staying every name under the sun and accusing people of fixing the result citing conspiracy theories such as voting with pencils so that the ballot papers could be amended (maybe that still happened ) and the bookies had been tipped off to the fixed result as the "In" vote was 1/10 favourite.

The whole thing has been a mess and just as bad as the name crowing is the moral high ground that those voting "Leave" have taken which does them as little credit (and yes your post is in there with them as well)

Theres nothing we can do about it and yes I did vote to stay but we need to clear this mess up quickly as the country is in a bit of a mess (and would have been whatever the result last night)

And its no sour grapes either as thats democracy and the way that it works

This post has been edited by an administrator

There is something than can be done about it though, and perversely it could happen with a new prime minister. As the fall out becomes more clear and it is not in the EU's best interest to lose the UK a new Prime minister - even Boris himself, may be able to actually get a much better deal with the EU but obviously there would have to be another referendum on stay or leave based on the deal.

Boris could become a hero with those who voted remain and those who voted exit may feel better with a greater deal from the EU.

It is a longshot but that is what could actually be done.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Sour Grapes on 22:36 - Jun 24 with 1689 viewssherpajacob

Sour Grapes on 22:31 - Jun 24 by jack_lord

There is something than can be done about it though, and perversely it could happen with a new prime minister. As the fall out becomes more clear and it is not in the EU's best interest to lose the UK a new Prime minister - even Boris himself, may be able to actually get a much better deal with the EU but obviously there would have to be another referendum on stay or leave based on the deal.

Boris could become a hero with those who voted remain and those who voted exit may feel better with a greater deal from the EU.

It is a longshot but that is what could actually be done.

Boris has long professed his belief we should be in a reformed EU.
His leading of the out campaign was pure political opportunism. Cameron put all his chips on red, and Boris on black.

Now that it's come down black, we can but pray that some sort of common sense along these lines breaks out.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sour Grapes on 00:10 - Jun 25 with 1630 viewsDJack

Only one question mate. If the voting figures were the other way round would you be asking for a second referendum as there was no "real" mandate from the people a it was so close?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024