Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job 15:00 - May 31 with 24285 viewsmacthejack

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/31st-may-2016/garry-monk-new-frontrunner-for-lee
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:28 - Jun 2 with 2452 viewsWingstandwood

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:13 - Jun 2 by Smellyplumz

Funnily enough he was paid very well to do just that, it was his job like.

I've always had an issue with the 'infamous' block it was something many a Conference footballer has done/could do with 'another-day-at-the-office ease'! You could swear it was Ricky Villa at Wembley stuff........ His other teammates had it well within their ability to do exactly the same providing they were positioned in the right place at the right time to do so.

What gets to me and others?......He gets more acclaim than SCFC's promotion season goal-scoring hero/play-off final goal scoring hero i.e. ummmmmm whats-is-name?..... to some!

Argus!

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:40 - Jun 2 with 2416 viewsLandore_Jack

[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 12:47]

#backtojack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:43 - Jun 2 with 2397 viewsMatthew_117

Good luck to him.

Maybe he'll buy Bartley
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:45 - Jun 2 with 2378 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Win win situation for him

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:47 - Jun 2 with 2371 viewsChrisSCFC

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:43 - Jun 2 by Matthew_117

Good luck to him.

Maybe he'll buy Bartley

Let's hope.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:56 - Jun 2 with 2327 viewsSmellyplumz

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:28 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

I've always had an issue with the 'infamous' block it was something many a Conference footballer has done/could do with 'another-day-at-the-office ease'! You could swear it was Ricky Villa at Wembley stuff........ His other teammates had it well within their ability to do exactly the same providing they were positioned in the right place at the right time to do so.

What gets to me and others?......He gets more acclaim than SCFC's promotion season goal-scoring hero/play-off final goal scoring hero i.e. ummmmmm whats-is-name?..... to some!

Alan Tate had just a good a game as monk but is rarely mentioned, so to Steven Dobbie, if he had not scored that goal.. Bla Bla.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:02 - Jun 2 with 2301 viewsPhaedrus

Already talking about himself and the job fitting into what HE wants to do.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:04 - Jun 2 with 2290 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:28 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

Who regards the block as infamous apart from Reading fans?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:05 - Jun 2 with 2281 viewsjasper_T

f*ck him
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:10 - Jun 2 with 2258 viewsDewi1jack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:02 - Jun 2 by Phaedrus

Already talking about himself and the job fitting into what HE wants to do.

“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

“You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

“I always say a squad is like a good meal — I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

Plenty more in a certain dossier just in case he needs a bit of a hand with the press soundbites

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:12 - Jun 2 with 2243 viewsLandore_Jack

Leeds have already promised to give fans who buy a season ticket for 2016-17 a refund of up to 50% if they fail to reach the Championship play-offs.

No pressure Garry.

#backtojack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:17 - Jun 2 with 2226 viewssherpajacob

Will be interesting how he gets them to play.

If he tries to play a,swanselona style the Yorkshire crowd will get very impatient with possession football instead of balls being lumped into the box.

If he tries his own style (as we witnessed last season) , they are fooked.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:26 - Jun 2 with 2198 viewsItchySphincter

I'm strangely pleased for him. Now everyone can move and hopefully he can prove himself there. Failure in the playoffs would be my preferred situation.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:28 - Jun 2 with 2190 viewsJackfath

Very best wishes mr monk

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:43 - Jun 2 with 2161 viewsWingstandwood

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:10 - Jun 2 by Dewi1jack

“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

“You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

“I always say a squad is like a good meal — I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

Plenty more in a certain dossier just in case he needs a bit of a hand with the press soundbites

Yep!......You've got to give it to GM ,his delusional(s) of grandeur comprising of an over-inflated sense of entitlement, over-estimation on his own ability and out and out shameless narcissism are well and truly kicking!............Ladies and Gentlemen may I unveil to you 'The-Great-Educator'.

Didn't he quote in the SWEP or some other news paper that he was going to improve Gylfi as a player?.....When it would have been more apt or more to the point 'clinically-sane' if there was some form of role reversal and those words were actually coming from Gylfi himself?

Argus!

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:52 - Jun 2 with 2119 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:17 - Jun 2 by sherpajacob

Will be interesting how he gets them to play.

If he tries to play a,swanselona style the Yorkshire crowd will get very impatient with possession football instead of balls being lumped into the box.

If he tries his own style (as we witnessed last season) , they are fooked.

He didn't try to get the Swans to play swanselona football. I'd be amazed if he tried to implement it somewhere else with players that haven't been used to it. He may well decide that his diamond doesn't work as a plan A, as successful as it was initially.

I hope he does well there whichever style he plays.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:08 - Jun 2 with 2097 viewsEasternJack

Tactically stubborn - possibly naive, prone to cronyism, divisive and suffers from a superiority complex.

The arrogance of taking on the Leeds job highlights the latter point.

Will happily eat my words if he produces a miracle there, however the safe money is on him not lasting the season.

Can we sell him Bartley?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:20 - Jun 2 with 2054 viewsPegojack

Interesting to read that Leeds haven't been in the top flight since 2004. I thought it was more recent.

When I was a teenager in the late sixties/early seventies, they had a spell as THE club that everybody admired. Every time you went to the park for a kick-about with your mates, you tried to emulate Leeds and their easy on the eye, quick passing, possession based football. I remember them on MOTD ripping apart Southampton, I think it was. Saints couldn't get a sniff of the ball.

And now they're just another club with a big fan base living on former glories - Forest, Wednesday, Wolves, and the latest additions Newcastle and Villa.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:22 - Jun 2 with 2046 viewsOxOsp

I'm sure our blue-blooded friends down the road will give him a warm welcome. Leeds always get a special greeting down there even before they appointed a JB as Head Coach.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:30 - Jun 2 with 2031 viewsmonmouth

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:20 - Jun 2 by Pegojack

Interesting to read that Leeds haven't been in the top flight since 2004. I thought it was more recent.

When I was a teenager in the late sixties/early seventies, they had a spell as THE club that everybody admired. Every time you went to the park for a kick-about with your mates, you tried to emulate Leeds and their easy on the eye, quick passing, possession based football. I remember them on MOTD ripping apart Southampton, I think it was. Saints couldn't get a sniff of the ball.

And now they're just another club with a big fan base living on former glories - Forest, Wednesday, Wolves, and the latest additions Newcastle and Villa.

Aye Bremner Giles Lorimer Clarke Jones Gray. Great team. Dirty as hell too, not well liked. It was only a ten year splurge though. Apart from the awful Wilkinson team that spawned the last first division title.

Can't believe they only get 13000 season tickets sold these days.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:37 - Jun 2 with 2059 viewsDarran

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:30 - Jun 2 by monmouth

Aye Bremner Giles Lorimer Clarke Jones Gray. Great team. Dirty as hell too, not well liked. It was only a ten year splurge though. Apart from the awful Wilkinson team that spawned the last first division title.

Can't believe they only get 13000 season tickets sold these days.

Blimey Eddie Gray.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:55 - Jun 2 with 2026 viewsGowerjack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 13:26 - Jun 2 by ItchySphincter

I'm strangely pleased for him. Now everyone can move and hopefully he can prove himself there. Failure in the playoffs would be my preferred situation.

After masterminding home and away victories against our dear friends up the road.....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:55 - Jun 2 with 2024 viewsGriffting

Don't really have any ill feeling towards Monk. Did well in his first year, didn't do so well in the second and was rightly sacked. We've moved on, got a better manager and he's now got a new job. He was very good for us through the lower leagues as a player and credits as to who got us to the position we are in today has to be partially shared with him, along with many others. Hope he does well personally.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 15:33 - Jun 2 with 1963 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 14:55 - Jun 2 by Griffting

Don't really have any ill feeling towards Monk. Did well in his first year, didn't do so well in the second and was rightly sacked. We've moved on, got a better manager and he's now got a new job. He was very good for us through the lower leagues as a player and credits as to who got us to the position we are in today has to be partially shared with him, along with many others. Hope he does well personally.

Completely agree with all of that.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 16:19 - Jun 2 with 1894 viewsDafyddHuw

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:43 - Jun 2 by Matthew_117

Good luck to him.

Maybe he'll buy Bartley

If that Italian owner can stump up £80K a week, he could prise Shelvey away from the Mags so GM could have his dream pairing of Jonjo & Bartley back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024