Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson 11:57 - Jul 14 with 22183 viewsrangerslee

Personal terms being discussed.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:02 - Jul 14 with 3653 viewsHunterhoop

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:37 - Jul 14 by SpiritofGregory

It's the agent that's holding out for more money not the player??? Remind me who is paying the agent. Mark my words the player gives commission so it encourages the agent to negotiate more money for the player. Do you reckon that Remy really doesn't want more money, is it all down to his agent?

Don't blame agents for making money out of greedy player transfers. As for Ferdinand talking sense during the World Cup, he was just stating the obvious.

You don't get it. And I can't be arsed to explain fully.

In summary, it's about motivation. £5k on £60k is about 8% extra. To a player on that much cash it's insignificant. An agent in say 10% commission of all deals stands to earn a damn sight more by squeezing out every £5k or £10k for his clients than not, ergo he does, especially as his base salary p.a. is nothing like a footballers. Far from it! Without him, players would not maximise their salaries because they wouldn't have the brains or time to put towards negotiations to make it happen.

Yes, the player gains, of course he does. That why he employs an agent, so he gains without having to do any of the work or spend any of his time. It's the basic principle behind "outsourcing", a field I work in, of which this is a type.

The point is, it adds nothing to football, apart from taking money from our pockets to the players' and agents'. Agents are in the game to benefit their client, and through them, themselves. As a result it is them driving up the salaries for their ultimate personal gain. Loic Remy, isn't operating behind the scenes, in full control and making all the calls himself, whilst he pays his agent for doing the photocopying. If players had no agents I guarantee salaries would be far far lower. If they weren't why do they exist? Ergo, they are the logical root cause of the salary issue.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:24 - Jul 14 with 3612 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I want him to sign because he would have the best name in the premier league.

Next should be Utred of Babenberg.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:25 - Jul 14 with 3607 viewsadhoc_qpr

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:24 - Jul 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Is that from a Bernard Cornwell book??
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:26 - Jul 14 with 3602 viewsMetallica_Hoop

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:25 - Jul 14 by adhoc_qpr

Is that from a Bernard Cornwell book??

Yea. Soon to be a BBC series.

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:34 - Jul 14 with 3574 viewsgordanoR

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:26 - Jul 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Yea. Soon to be a BBC series.

Really? Cool, I'm reading the books now.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:42 - Jul 14 with 3544 viewsQPR_John

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:01 - Jul 14 by davman

Ideal for us; the only thing wrong with him is that he is the right side of 30...

I thought the general idea was that we should go for players under thirty
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:44 - Jul 14 with 3531 viewsMetallica_Hoop

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:34 - Jul 14 by gordanoR

Really? Cool, I'm reading the books now.

Apparently.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/game-of-thrones/10956479/BBC-goes-

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 15:48 - Jul 14 with 3410 views08olesen

The good thing is that he is coming from Ajax. Frank De Boer is clearly a great coach and they have one of the best youth systems in the world.

So while it may be a shock for him to visit the crappy facilities at harlington, at least we can hope that he will be intelligent on the field.

You also have to remember that he hasn't started all the time for Ajax and so 10 goals is a good tally, for someone who came off the bench a lot.

However i agree with others on here, we need to the pace up front to threaten slow CBs and neither Austin or this fella have top level pace like a Remy. That is essential to us playing on the counter attack against the top sides.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Login to get fewer ads

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 15:52 - Jul 14 with 3397 viewsessextaxiboy

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:52 - Jul 14 by DaiHo0p

10 goals last year. Fantastic.

He was recovering from a broken ankle .

Looks like he is almost a 1 in 2 man over his whole career.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 16:26 - Jul 14 with 3340 viewsenfieldargh

great news, love most of BC's books

who was the dutch guy who played for celtic a few years ago with a very regal sounding name?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 16:28 - Jul 14 with 3323 viewsessextaxiboy

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 16:26 - Jul 14 by enfieldargh

who was the dutch guy who played for celtic a few years ago with a very regal sounding name?

Pierre Van Hoyjdonk (sp) ?
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 16:50 - Jul 14 with 3279 viewsTheBlob

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 16:26 - Jul 14 by enfieldargh

Hertz Van Rental.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 17:01 - Jul 14 with 3250 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 20:19 - Jul 14 with 3099 viewsonlyrinmoray

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:40 - Jul 14 by SpiritofGregory

Even if we sign Rio, we still need another centre back. What ever happened to Donaldson?

With us going back to the Premiership theres no way any of the young players will get a chance If we stayed down they would have

Maybe League Cup or FA Cup Thats the way it is with QPR unfortunately
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 20:50 - Jul 14 with 3016 viewsbosh67

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:43 - Jul 14 by headhoops

Kolbeinn Sigthorsson has never played for Harry so its got to be a step forward from being linked with the same old, same old, Crouch, Defoe, ad infinitum.

Not 100% true. Harry has apparently previously used Ajax to clean his bathroom.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 20:57 - Jul 14 with 2890 viewsingeminate

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:02 - Jul 14 by Hunterhoop

You don't get it. And I can't be arsed to explain fully.

In summary, it's about motivation. £5k on £60k is about 8% extra. To a player on that much cash it's insignificant. An agent in say 10% commission of all deals stands to earn a damn sight more by squeezing out every £5k or £10k for his clients than not, ergo he does, especially as his base salary p.a. is nothing like a footballers. Far from it! Without him, players would not maximise their salaries because they wouldn't have the brains or time to put towards negotiations to make it happen.

Yes, the player gains, of course he does. That why he employs an agent, so he gains without having to do any of the work or spend any of his time. It's the basic principle behind "outsourcing", a field I work in, of which this is a type.

The point is, it adds nothing to football, apart from taking money from our pockets to the players' and agents'. Agents are in the game to benefit their client, and through them, themselves. As a result it is them driving up the salaries for their ultimate personal gain. Loic Remy, isn't operating behind the scenes, in full control and making all the calls himself, whilst he pays his agent for doing the photocopying. If players had no agents I guarantee salaries would be far far lower. If they weren't why do they exist? Ergo, they are the logical root cause of the salary issue.

The Eric hall agent of the past is being replaced by rafts of people, multiple points of contact look at every area of the players life, taxes, image rights etc etc and of course wage.

Most football club owners come form a business background, but beyond them they hire commercial experts. Seems to me a good thing that young kids with generally limited education have some commercial support themselves and obviously that is the role the agent plays.

I work in recrutiment and for a couple of years did a market so small I was the only full time recruiter in it. There were roughly 65 target candidates in the uk spread over about 16 companies. You'd never see job adverts, it completely went under the radar and people generally only moved jobs through word of mouth - this was pre linked in so no instant over view.

I received a phone call from the owner of a consultancy asking me to stop picking on him. I''d head hunted 5 of his staff in to clients of mine. He asked me what it would take for me to stop. The answer of course was for him to pay his staff more. He did, the remaining staff got a pay rise circa 20percent, his company had made a very healthy profit and he had had no previous motivation to reward his staff.

He hated me, he also and perhaps this is why I mention it described me and my company at the time as a cancer.

Personally I see agents as a lazy punching bag, by perhaps I am naturally biased.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 21:07 - Jul 14 with 2853 viewsconnell10

dosent this bloke like sniffing worn pants whilst jacking off, or something? it was on wiki so it must be true!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 21:43 - Jul 14 with 2794 viewsdavman

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:42 - Jul 14 by QPR_John

I thought the general idea was that we should go for players under thirty

John, I was trying out Irony, the point being the post I referred to said he was a crock. Crocks over 30 used to be our player of choice!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 2698 viewsCiderwithRsie

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 14:24 - Jul 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Charles the Bald
Wilfred the Hairy
Sitric Silky Beard
Ragnar Hairy Breeches
Ivar the Boneless
Erik Bloodaxe
Edmund Ironsides
Ulric von Lichtenstein
Frederick Stupor Mundi "The Wonder of the World"
William the Bastard
Richard the Lionheart

subs:
Edward Hammer of the Scots
Robert Longsword
Erling Stonewall
Jean the Fearless
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson (n/t) on 23:20 - Jul 14 with 2649 viewsLoft1979

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:40 - Jul 14 by SpiritofGregory

Even if we sign Rio, we still need another centre back. What ever happened to Donaldson?

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 23:27 - Jul 14 with 2632 viewsJAPRANGERS

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 16:50 - Jul 14 by TheBlob

Hertz Van Rental.

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 10:50 - Jul 15 with 2446 viewsMetallica_Hoop

His nickname shall be 'Harvester' (if purchased)

'We've got a lovely Kolbeinn harvester'

maybe...

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 10:56 - Jul 15 with 2418 viewsCHUBBS

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 10:50 - Jul 15 by Metallica_Hoop

His nickname shall be 'Harvester' (if purchased)

'We've got a lovely Kolbeinn harvester'

maybe...

Knowing our luck Metallica,he'll end up a "harvester of sorrow"
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 10:57 - Jul 15 with 2407 viewsMetallica_Hoop

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 10:56 - Jul 15 by CHUBBS

Knowing our luck Metallica,he'll end up a "harvester of sorrow"

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 17:55 - Jul 17 with 2202 viewsTacticalR

@Hunterhoop 'And it's worth highlighting it's not Rio nor Caulker who are "holding out for more cash". It's their agents. They make their money via commission. They get wealthier by agreeing bigger, better deals for their clients. I doubt Rio cares if he gets £60k or £70k per week, given what he's earnt in his life. But if you're on some sort of commission linked to the value of the deal (for your client) you probably will. Same goes for Caulker's agent. Unless a player says, "I want to go to X and my mind won't be swung", the agent can make hay. And even if the player does say something like that, you'll still get the shenanigans Swansea had with Ashley Williams. Agents are the biggest cancer in football. They add nothing apart from taking more and more money from our pockets (as fans/Sky subscribers) and putting in it their pockets and their clients' pockets.'

But who is Rio's agent? Or is everyone too polite to mention it?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024